Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Affairs and Accidents

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

TerrificGroundedIvorybackedwoodswallow.w

So much work done! His heads the size of a melon!  He must have used Kaitlyn Jenner's plastic surgeon because he's got the same wandering eye now.  All that money to throw away on making your perfectly good self look like a goon.🙄

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I thought she looked like she was going to sneeze. 🤷🏾‍♀️😁

That's exactly the note I would've given Ms Marvel  Butterfield  as she strode (stumbled across) the boards many years past. "You're aiming for tragedy dear, not sinus drainage!" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

There is something about that Richards family that always manages to come across as such a real--if dysfunctional--family. I believe Kyle could just get the giggles over god knows what, especially around Kathy. It's the same with the house--I believe they have a lot of memories there growing up. (And somehow I suspect the place wouldn't belong to them anymore if Kyle had actually "stolen" it from Kim.) Even when they're screwed up, they always seem like a real family--even the added dynamic of Kathy being the older half-sister with Kim and Kyle being closer in age and growing up acting often together (with their own whole Baby Jane thing going on).

I remember Kyle saying something about how she couldn't believe she forgot to put it in the oven or start it or something? Was it a mistake that she hadn't done that or am I misremembering? 

Kyle seems the most real when she's around her sisters.  Like what we're seeing is really her and not Kyle the Beverly Hills Housewife Actor.  I was laughing along with her in the kitchen!  That seemed like a real laugh.  Maybe Kathy was putting the dumb act on for the cameras or maybe she's really that way in life-- but whatever it was was cracking Kyle up.  

Oh and Kyle earlier said she couldn't believe she'd forgotten to start the lasagna-- as in start preparing it.  That would have panicked me, but I'm not a good cook. I'm more of a 'read the recipe and follow it line by line'.  Cooking is no fun to me!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Kathy is entertaining to me but she’s probably a total sociopath or whatever the new term is.  I can imagine her being a nightmare to grow up with.

Y’all, Watch What Crappens today is hilarious retelling the car crash story right around the 1 hour 5 minute mark. It’s just as confusing as Erica’s story but funny.  I love all their Housewives impressions.

I need to check it out! Those guys are hilarious. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Rinna is being surprisingly sympathetic to Erika's plight.  

Rinna always sides with whatever is bad.  Whatever the bad moral choice is, Rinna's there, ready to side.  I'm not the least bit surprised.

• Love 20
(edited)
5 minutes ago, princelina said:
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

She just doesn't own panties.  I'm convinced.

She owns 1 pair 😁

And Mikey was washing her unmentionables .

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Luckylondon said:

In body language reading, this is a tell that you are lying when you close your eyes when you speak. You can’t make eye contact from subconscious shame or awareness of deceipt (I don’t think Erika feels shame… I think she experiences duper’s delight). She shows signs that she is experiencing anxiety in telling the story as she keeps going and going on with more details that make little sense and the closing her eyes is an obvious tell of lying.

This is FASCINATING! I've got to do some reading about body language, it's almost like mind reading!

32 minutes ago, Mar said:

OMG I just did the ugly laugh

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Still, Kathy>>>>Kim

l wonder how much empathy Ericka would have for a cast mate in the same situation? I’m thinking none.

Kyle is still paying Kim’s rent on a 1500 sq. foot apartment and Kim owes 90K in taxes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Useful 9
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, amarante said:

That isn’t the stolen house. Several seasons ago there was an episode where they had bought this one.

Thanks! That makes sense.

1 hour ago, amarante said:

FEIW, the house was never stolen. Kyle  bought Kim’s share at fair market value and then paid taxes, maintenance and improvement for many years. All of the family including Kim used it.  I think Kim in her alcoholic resentment wanted them to just give back her share. 

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's not. IIRC, at one point, Kyle and Kim had a sit down and Kyle went through the fact that the alleged stolen house was sold and I believe Farrah got the commission for it? But Kyle made it clear in that conversation that Kim was fully aware of what happened.  I think Kyle bought the desert house later.

The one thing I always did remember about the situation is that it seemed a case of Kim having sold her part when she needed cash, and thinking it shouldn't actually count. Alcoholic resentment all the way.

Re comparing Denise and Erika - the issue with Denise and the other women was that Denise kept running away. Erika is at least giving them the pretense that she's being "open" about what happened. Now, much as I didn't like Denise, I am not comparing her actions to Erika's, because whatever Denise did or didn't do, she didn't steal from widows and orphans. And from the previews, it looks like some of the other women eventually start to question Erika's story. But as of right now, Erika appears to giving the women information, which isn't what Denise did. 

Yes, as much as what Erika may have done is much worse, there does seem to be a weird commandment on these shows that says if you can accuse the person of not being completely honest about whatever dirt there is, you can go after them. And in Denise's case it was actually a valid accusation since she'd started controlling that so openly. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, charming said:

"Where was I going to go?" she said when asked by her supportive clique why she didn't leave Tom when she found out he was cheating.  Um, the same divorce attorney you went to when you found out the money was gone.

"He said "This is my house"".  Where was I going to go?"

He just told you that it's not your house so uh....... go get your own place?  Am I supposed to follow that Golddigger logic?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I want to like Sutton but yeah, her appearance on WWHL was a reminder that there is a lot I just don't like about her. I think she thinks that being coy comes off as cute, and to me, it just doesn't.  

I thought it interesting that she immediately tried to prevent Rachel Zoe from giving her RHofBH opinion by trying to talk over her.  

It was exactly what she does to Crystal.  It was a shame too because the episode was such a blessing to be free of that argument.  

I have to say, the actual coverage of Erika's situation is falling flat.  I don't know if it's because I already knew quite a bit from the news or if it's because Erika is not very believable in her delivery.

Oddly enough, that doesn't mean I think she knew what Tom was doing.  I'm not sure I do.  Tom had his apparent successful legal career.  She had her thing. 

But all this Tom did this and Tom did that comes off as disingenuous.  I don't think she really cared that he was seeing other people or having medical issues.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, amarante said:

That isn’t the stolen house. Several seasons ago there was an episode where they had bought this one.

The stolen house was much more modest. They had an episode where they were out there for Easter weekend in the first season.  It was just a house versus the current one which is in another league altogether.

FEIW, the house was never stolen. Kyle  bought Kim’s share at fair market value and then paid taxes, maintenance and improvement for many years. All of the family including Kim used it.  I think Kim in her alcoholic resentment wanted them to just give back her share. 

I think the issue with the "stolen" house was what you said - Kim felt she deserved her "share" after Kyle and Mauricio sold the house, even though she had already been paid her fair market value share at the time they bought her out.  I think that Kyle and Mauricio sold the house several years later at a significant profit, so Kim was pissed.  She probably was thinking that Mauricio and Kyle cheated her out of money.

I thought that Kyle and Mauricio used the profit from the sale of the "stolen" house to purchase this house (I could be wrong, though) - which, by the way, I could live in, quite happily, for the rest of my days - it is so gorgeous and comfortable.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Dorit's kids are so darn cute and funny. 

They both have mommy's number and call her out on her bullshit. They are smart kids. Dorit and PeeKay (and the nannies and the assistants and cooks) are doing something right with them. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

I thought it interesting that she immediately tried to prevent Rachel Zoe from giving her RHofBH opinion by trying to talk over her.  

It was exactly what she does to Crystal.  It was a shame too because the episode was such a blessing to be free of that argument.  

I have to say, the actual coverage of Erika's situation is falling flat.  I don't know if it's because I already knew quite a bit from the news or if it's because Erika is not very believable in her delivery.

Oddly enough, that doesn't mean I think she knew what Tom was doing.  I'm not sure I do.  Tom had his apparent successful legal career.  She had her thing. 

But all this Tom did this and Tom did that comes off as disingenuous.  I don't think she really cared that he was seeing other people or having medical issues.  

It wasn't Rachel Zoe,  I think it was an actress on the new Dynasty . But yes, she kept trying to stop her from giving her opinion.  She didnt just talk over her, she turned her chair to face her and said I'll cut you, she repeated it several times.  Lol, i'm sure she thought she was being funny but she obviously didnt want the actress to share her opinion. The actress finally said Relax, it isn't bad for you, or something like that. I am not a Sutton fan. As someone else pointed out she manipulates with tears. 

*Rachel Zoe was on with Mindy Kaling. 

* Sutton was just bizarre the whole time on wwhl.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, charming said:

"Where was I going to go?" she said when asked by her supportive clique why she didn't leave Tom when she found out he was cheating.  Um, the same divorce attorney you went to when you found out the money was gone.

Exactly!  She was FINE with anything Tom said or did as long as the money was flowing.  I can even believe she didn't know the details of where it was coming from only because she didn't care.  That wasn't the deal. The impetus for the divorce was the money drying up. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Exactly!  She was FINE with anything Tom said or did as long as the money was flowing.  I can even believe she didn't know the details of where it was coming from only because she didn't care.  That wasn't the deal. The impetus for the divorce was the money drying up. 

Definitely the money drying up; probably the knowledge that bad things were coming.  My guess is she didn't realize how soon they'd be coming, which is why she tried the whole "I couldn't live with a meanie anymore" and then had to keep changing/adding to her story at a ridiculous pace when the shit hit the fan.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think the issue with the "stolen" house was what you said - Kim felt she deserved her "share" after Kyle and Mauricio sold the house, even though she had already been paid her fair market value share at the time they bought her out.  I think that Kyle and Mauricio sold the house several years later at a significant profit, so Kim was pissed.  She probably was thinking that Mauricio and Kyle cheated her out of money.

I thought that Kyle and Mauricio used the profit from the sale of the "stolen" house to purchase this house (I could be wrong, though) - which, by the way, I could live in, quite happily, for the rest of my days - it is so gorgeous and comfortable.  

Let us never forget this moment courtesy of RHOBH:

house.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Y’all, Watch What Crappens today is hilarious retelling the car crash story right around the 1 hour 5 minute mark. It’s just as confusing as Erica’s story but funny.  I love all their Housewives impressions.

OMG  I just listened to this  entire podcast while cleaning up the kitchen and literally laughed out loud at least a dozen times.   Thanks for turning me onto these guys.  Hilarious!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I've been thinking waaaay too much about this whole accident story.  Didn't this accident happen like three years ago?  

So many inconsistencies and screwed up timelines in Erica's telling of the accident.  Makes me wonder - since it happened on their property, on the road behind their house - did Erika hear the crash?  Did she go and investigate?  Did she see his car in the bottom of a ditch, or see Tom lying on the side of a cliff?  Did she smile that humorless, cold smile, thinking to herself "Thank God - maybe if I leave him there, he'll die, I'll finally be rid of him and I'll inherit everything"??

I can totally picture her standing there, looking down at the crash and just walking away, checking on Tom again twelve hours later.

~~or~~ (and here's where I get carried away)

Did she somehow play around with his brakes and hope that he would crash off the switchback and down the cliff?  

Was she super pissed off that he somehow survived this accident?  

I was also envisioning Peter Falk as Det. Columbo walking around in his trench coat, and questioning her with "Mrs. Girardi - just one more thing.....".

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Since I left I haven't seen once cent from Tom.... yea cause you took it all before you left LOL she really is trying to play it off like she left with NOTHING but the shirt on her back and that's it .. girl come on now we know that's not true.. you had accounts and money and shit you didn't just leave with nothing

And she gets paid well for her current role on RHOBH surely she makes enough to heat her pool, the poor misguided bitch.  I wonder if Tom has made any attempt to contact her since she left.  Why was she driving him to work?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

(Also, I saw Sutton on WWHL and I could def see that she's an awkward, somewhat irritating person.  She came off WEIRD.  I'm becoming more team Crystal now lol)

Totally agree...there is something radically wrong with Sutton. And she wouldn't shut up! Talked all over Liz Gilles, even when Andy asked Liz a direct question. Team Crystal all the way!

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Exactly! And when Andy asked Liz Gilles about her opinion of Sutton, Sutton immediately says "I will cut you". Who says shit like that to someone you just met?! And from that point on, she just kept talking over Liz. As I said earlier, there is definitely something wrong with Sutton...and it's not just awkwardness.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, stcroix said:

So much work done! His heads the size of a melon!  He must have used Kaitlyn Jenner's plastic surgeon because he's got the same wandering eye now.  All that money to throw away on making your perfectly good self look like a goon.🙄

I thought he'd just gotten older and bleached his hair. If he's a plastic surgery fan, maybe being drawn to a Real Housewife family makes sense after all!

3eff9580a269a1a2bf8c9135ba685c40.gif

• Love 1
On 7/22/2021 at 4:10 AM, Andi27 said:

I'm trying to recreate that accident story:

1. Tom drove off the road, breaking his clavicle, shoulder, and ankle. He was also unconscious for 12 hours, indicating some kind of head injury.
  2. He totaled his car.
  3. He was ejected from his car at some point during the accident.
  4. Tom called Erika after being missing for some period of time (that unconscious 12 hours?!) while she thought he was off cheating.
  5. Erika found him.
  6. No one found, saw, reported this accident to the police before Erika was notified/found Tom.
  7. We have to assume Tom got to the hospital somehow to treat his injuries, but there was never a news/tabloid report about this accident.
  8. Erika played down Tom's injuries in order to protect his privacy.

I was just coming in to say that

a)  Erika said she found him

b)  Erika said he called her (and she hadn't known where he was)

But you got there first. The story is total BS! And like you said, it would have been in the news! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

EB81BA04-091C-4EDC-B18B-85A8B1721272.jpeg

I thought she thought she could taste it and I also thought she was going to drop it.

Call me cheap but $224 for a candle? Maybe if I don't have another thing to buy in this world.

Was that a hostess gift from one of the HW's because if it was Kyle did not really acknowledge that magnanimous gift.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Crystal… is.. is she in a …. Lol I cracked up laughing when she started asking about what Rinna was wearing 

In this case, Sutton's reaction was everything..." We all see it. We alllllll see it..."

• LOL 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought she thought she could taste it and I also thought she was going to drop it.

Call me cheap but $224 for a candle? Maybe if I don't have another thing to buy in this world.

Was that a hostess gift from one of the HW's because if it was Kyle did not really acknowledge that magnanimous gift.  

Kathy gave it to Kyle.

even the small candles of that brand are pretty expensive imo but I tend to buy my candles at TJ Maxx and Home Goods

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 8

I'm also not on the wacky Kathy love train. I think it's all an act.

Count me in as also being confused by the car accident story. I feel like Erika is pulling stuff out of her ass to see what sticks. I believe her less and less. There were a few moments where they showed her telling the story and she just had this smirk on her face. Probably thinking "they're totally buying it." You know what we need, MKE and her headband to start investigating!

are you kidding me donald trump GIF

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, endure said:

And she gets paid well for her current role on RHOBH surely she makes enough to heat her pool, the poor misguided bitch.  I wonder if Tom has made any attempt to contact her since she left.  Why was she driving him to work?

Erika playing poor is just gross. She can call me when she's digging couch change for food.

Maybe we need to rewrite her songs for her? How many bucks do I have? Zero, zero, zero, none!

12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I've been thinking waaaay too much about this whole accident story.  Didn't this accident happen like three years ago?  

So many inconsistencies and screwed up timelines in Erica's telling of the accident.  Makes me wonder - since it happened on their property, on the road behind their house - did Erika hear the crash?  Did she go and investigate?  Did she see his car in the bottom of a ditch, or see Tom lying on the side of a cliff?  Did she smile that humorless, cold smile, thinking to herself "Thank God - maybe if I leave him there, he'll die, I'll finally be rid of him and I'll inherit everything"??

I can totally picture her standing there, looking down at the crash and just walking away, checking on Tom again twelve hours later.

~~or~~ (and here's where I get carried away)

Did she somehow play around with his brakes and hope that he would crash off the switchback and down the cliff?  

Was she super pissed off that he somehow survived this accident?  

I was also envisioning Peter Falk as Det. Columbo walking around in his trench coat, and questioning her with "Mrs. Girardi - just one more thing.....".

I had to quote this because I can't stop laughing! A thousand likes! 😆 Colombo would be THE perfect person to take on Erika. He would brush off her snarky attitude, find all the money (and any bodies) and have it all wrapped up in an hour!

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was wondering if Kyle's non-reaction to her giant candle gift is why Kathy kept sniffing it and carrying it around. She should just take it back home with her. 😂 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
N not M
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Totally agree...there is something radically wrong with Sutton. And she wouldn't shut up! Talked all over Liz Gilles, even when Andy asked Liz a direct question. Team Crystal all the way!

Yes, and just oddly answering questions.  I kept hearing Crystal in my head saying "inappropriate, awkward..."  

I actually wondered if she was on something too.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I want to like Sutton but yeah, her appearance on WWHL was a reminder that there is a lot I just don't like about her. I think she thinks that being coy comes off as cute, and to me, it just doesn't.  

Agreed.  I realized within about 5 minutes of her interview that I would have a really difficult time being around her for more than 5 minutes.

So it did make me see how hard it would be for Crystal!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, charming said:

Why didn’t she go stay in the clubhouse? 
It’s strange to me why the clique, especially Rinna, are being so supportive of Erika when in the past they went after LVP even though her brother had died, no sympathy there, and Denise, no understanding at all. 
I feel like Rinna is being careful this season because she got so much hate for how she acted last season and how she treated Denise. 

• Love 19
(edited)

That was one ugly candle/glass thing. No wonder Kyle dumped it on the bar without saying anything about it. Kathy either doesn’t know Kyle’s decor or doesn’t care (my vote is on the latter) because red and white striped glass did not go with Kyle’s earthy tones at all! Where was the morally corrupt one (just remembered her name… Faye), the one in charge of decor when you need her?

edit: maybe it was a re-gift?

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3