Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Affairs and Accidents

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Haha coyote and road runner! Now we know how Tom really fell down the cliff. Meep meep 

73587CCC-CE95-43F8-9AD3-58BEDDAC6902.gif - but still far less worthy of the visual. And you found the perfect one so quick!

• LOL 2

I did like how Crystal and Kathy helped out Kyle, kind of surprising to me that no one else did.

Along those lines, I caught the camera shot of Erika watching Kathy struggle, trying to hump her suitcase up the stairs, and turning her back. Then Dorit seeing the same thing from the top of the stairs and immediately going to help Kathy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 7/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Try this homepage: 

https://www.watchwhatcrappens.com/

Specific episode:  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rhobh-qualm-springs/id498130432?i=1000529715254

It's titled Qualm Springs, lol. 

And in case anyone got confused during Ericka's car crash story here issome video of it courtesy of Watch What Crappens:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRooZ6LnL5T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thank you so much, @Cosmocrush. I’m still listening. They are soooo funny. I love the nasally adolescent boy impression of Erika. And the way they have Rinna working Scott Disick’s name into every conversation. 

• Love 4

Changing subject, but how could a woman (Erika) sit on someone’s sofa with her dress up to her ass with NO panties on ????  I hope she had a cork up her who ha.  I would put that sofa on the curb.  What nerve.

• LOL 8
On 7/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, Slakkie said:

Exactly.  Like the fact that Kyle knew he was cheating on her too.  Anyone with a thimble full of brain could see the sham marriage but they all knew to pretend.  Which makes their hypocrisy even more blatant when it comes to Camille and to Denise. 

They at least pay their bills!

Denise was sued by American Express in 2019 for non-payment of $20,000 in credit card debt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Changing subject, but how could a woman (Erika) sit on someone’s sofa with her dress up to her ass with NO panties on ????  I hope she had a cork up her who ha.  I would put that sofa on the curb.  What nerve.

Hi, Kristen!

Me, too. On the curb, and I would plaster “hazardous materials” stickers all over it. 

She is so arrogant, she thinks her STDs, bacteria, yeast infections and L- - d knows what else are a gift. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I lost track the number of times I’ve driven off a cliff and laid in a ditch for 12 hours until someone drug me 20 feet up to safety. It happens. 

One of the best posts ever for me. God bless.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, Pop Tart said:

Erika says “if he took all this money, where is it, I’ve never seen it”. Not true and badly played. The money was in the hundreds of thousands spent on you being “Erika Jayne” and in the thousands spent on glam squads, and the cars, and the clothes…. That’s what Erika has been flaunting to the world for years and she thinks the judge and lawyers aren’t going to be looking at all of that? 

She’s a smart woman who is playing her current hand all wrong. There’s no way she was ever going to fully skate on all of this, but her “woe is me, I have to live in this tiny 5000 square foot house with a pool” is not the way to go.

Erika is smart enough to nab a rich husband and make him fund her lifestyle, but that's where it ends, IMO.  

The woman is a walking/talking shit-show. She's not that far from pitching the last pile of dirt on her own casket.  This is idiocy or ego. Probably both.

Tom's shenanigan's have been in the news for years. IMO: she knew then, she knows now, and she knows where all the bones are buried.

https://twitter.com/RonaldRichards/status/1421620134112813056

https://twitter.com/RonaldRichards/status/1421618489752760323

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Jextella said:

One of the best posts every for me. God bless.

Erika is smart enough to nab a rich husband and make him fund her lifestyle, but that's where it ends, IMO.  

The woman is walking/talking shit-show. She's not that far from pitching the last pile of dirt on her own casket.  This is idocy or ego. Probably both on her part.

Tom's shenanigan's have been in the news for years. IMO: she knew then, she knows now, and she knows where all the bones are buried.

I agree. She never exhibited anything more intelligent in my opinion than knowing how to manipulate a senior citizen with an ego and knowing to shut up when he was a jerk. Big deal. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. She never exhibited anything more intelligent in my opinion than knowing how to manipulate a senior citizen with an ego and knowing to shut up when he was a jerk. Big deal. 

Exactly. 

Adding to this the idea that if she were so smart, she wouldn't be in this mess.  It just takes a discussion with an attorney to review when  and how to take money from a spouse. Then another discussion to figure out when best to file for a divorce. She really messed up.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Jextella said:

The woman is a walking/talking shit-show. She's not that far from pitching the last pile of dirt on her own casket.  This is idocy or ego. Probably both.

Thanks, hon!  xx

Regarding Erika being smart, there are different levels and kinds of smart. I don't think any of us considered her a genius. We're comparing her to other hot younger blondes who got with much older men. Without naming names, Erika looks pretty smart in comparison. It's kinda like Lisa V. She IS smart, but she worked alongside a savvy, older businessman to achieve what she has. There's no real proof she'd be this extreme success on her own. She only looks like Einstein compared to the other women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding Erika being smart, there are different levels and kinds of smart. I don't think any of us considered her a genius. We're comparing her to other hot younger blondes who got with much older men. Without naming names, Erika looks pretty smart in comparison. It's kinda like Lisa V. She IS smart, but she worked alongside a savvy, older businessman to achieve what she has. There's no real proof she'd be this extreme success on her own. She only looks like Einstein compared to the other women. 

You are right, and this should go without saying these days, I suppose.  I'm not even sure what "kind" of smarts Erika would need to avoid being in her current situation beyond general common sense.

For me, maybe the best way to think about Erika's ineptitude is relative to a goal.  If the goal is xyz, and the methods to reach it are 123, Erika failed miserably and instead opted to go Jupiter, Venus and Mars.

I've always maintained that the women who make it on these shows have to have some level of smarts and savvy to navigate it all and surive. Erika is no exception. But she completely bungled her end goal.

As to Lisa V, her mother was a member of Mensa. I'm not a Lisa fan at all, but I have no question she is well above average on traditional IQ scales.

https://champagneandshade.com/2020/03/03/rhobh-lisa-vanderpump-mom-mensa/

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jextella said:

You are right, and this should go without saying these days, I suppose.  I'm not even sure what "kind" of smarts Erika would need to avoid being in her current situation beyond general common sense.

For me, maybe the best way to think about Erika's ineptitude is relative to a goal.  If the goal is xyz, and the methods to reach it are 123, Erika failed miserably and instead opted to go Jupter, Venus and Mars.

I've always maintained that the women who make it on these shows have to have some level of smarts and savvy to navigate it all and still surive. Erika is no exception. But she completely bungled all that she had all on her own.

As to Lisa V, her mother was a member of mensa. I'm not a Lisa fan at all, but I have no question she is well above average on traditional IQ scores.

https://champagneandshade.com/2020/03/03/rhobh-lisa-vanderpump-mom-mensa/

I hadn't heard that about Lisa's mother! Very cool. I also think Lisa is intelligent. I just think it's funny the women act like she's such a genius that she can control everybody.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9

There’s a lot that has been bothering me about Erika’s version of events, especially since her story keeps adding more and more details with each telling. 

But after rewatching the episodes on Bravo today, my biggest “Hmm” moments have been how she portrays Tom. For a few examples: Early on she says that the benefit of quarantine was that she was staying home more with Tom and having good conversations over dinner. Now, she talks about living in a mausoleum (complete with glamour shots of said mausoleum). She has always downplayed Tom’s accident. Now, she says the man ran off the road and it was much more serious (how was he not killed?). Also earlier, she said being a lawyer was all Tom still “wanted to do.” Now, he is too mentally impaired and should be disbarred.

(Plus the “poor me” attutude she has when in a group. I don’t doubt for a second that this is hard, but something here strikes me as off, too.)

But what doesn’t fit the narrative, at least for me, is her saying that she had suspicions about Tom’s faithfulness after Yolanda and David divorced. They divorced in 2017.

Getting cynical now…I find it very hard to believe that Erika would tolerate Tom cheating on her, or treating her as badly as she says he did. (Cut to the clip where Tom snaps at Erika at the dinner with Vanderpump. Erika backed down pretty quickly.) I don’t know California divorce law, but given how many years they were married, couldn’t she have sought a divorce with little to no financial impact? Then there is his so-called physical and mental decline. In 2017 she was at or near the top of her game careerwise, which only confirms my belief putting up with Tom was worth the success, and now she is trying to put as much distance between herself and Tom as possible now that things are going bad. The easiest way to do this is to make herself out to be a victim as well, and to milk all the sympathy she can. That won’t mean much legally if she knew of his malfeasance, but she can’t have it both ways — sing Tom’s praises while she takes advantage of his money, but then run him down when she needs to find some cover from what he’s supposedly done.

This is what makes the timing of the divorce so interesting.

She needs to be careful with the endless embellishments. The women have very good BS detectors (as do investigators) and she could be digging herself a very deep hole. I can’t wait to see how the rest of this season plays out.

(Side comments — I was fast-forwarding through the commercials from the other night and went too far and had to rewind. Dorit’s hair in a talking head made her look like Teddi in FF. Could have been her twin. And there’s Lisa’s continuing heartburn concerning Scott Disick. Harry’s comment made me laugh.)

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Jextella said:

Exactly. 

Adding to this the idea that if she were so smart, she wouldn't be in this mess.  It just takes a discussion with an attorney to review when  and how to take money from a spouse. Then another discussion to figure out when best to file for a divorce. She really messed up.

Wait.  If Tom was so bad like she is saying now all of a sudden, why did he lavish her with everything under the sun.  Clothes, jewelry, cars, trips, private jets, glam squad.   He probably pulled strings to get her in Chicago.  I doubt the producers were looking for her out of the blue because she was so talented.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Wait.  If Tom was so bad like she is saying now all of a sudden, why did he lavish her with everything under the sun.  Clothes, jewelry, cars, trips, private jets, glam squad.   He probably pulled strings to get her in Chicago.  I doubt the producers were looking for her out of the blue because she was so talented.

A Chagall painting or lithograph (either way, that’s a huge purchase) that she never even tried to put it on a wall, framed or I framed.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

The woman is a walking/talking shit-show. She's not that far from pitching the last pile of dirt on her own casket.  This is idocy or ego. Probably both.

Ron Richards appeared as a client of real estate agent Chad Rogers on Million Dollar Listing LA. He was trying to sell his  condo in a prestigious building & was very demanding towards Chad. If I was Erika, I would be worried.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

I don't think they signed a pre-nup, so she would get half in California?  Or half of what he earned during the marriage?

Which would apparently have been nothing?  Because maybe filing for divorce would have brought the house of cards down, back then. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Thanks for adding more “things that make me go hmmm…” Tom treated her like a queen, bottom line. She was really living out a modern-day fairy tale — high-powered lawyer meets single mom cocktail waitress.

Something else I forgot (there is just so much to keep track of 😄). Was it in this ep or the last one where she said she always intended to “hold that man’s hand until the day he died”? And now he’s a mean, decrepit old philanderer? What happened? That says more about her than it ever could about him, which is why she needs to zip it.

I still say there is no way that Erika would have put up with that for as long as she did if she were not totally willing to accept the bad with the good — until the law got involved. She’s providing cover for herself, pure and simple.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Meant to say “bad with the good”.
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Thanks for adding more “things that make me go hmmm…” Tom treated her like a queen, bottom line. She was really living out a modern-day fairy tale — high-powered lawyer meets single mom cocktail waitress.

Something else I forgot (there is just so much to keep track of 😄). Was it in this ep or the last one where she said she always intended to “hold that man’s hand until the day he died”? And now he’s a mean, decrepit old philanderer? What happened? That says more about her than it ever could about him, which is why she needs to zip it.

I still say there is no way that Erika would have put up with that for as long as she did if she were not totally willing to accept the good with the bad — until the law got involved. She’s providing cover for herself, pure and simple.

Correct, and she’s such a bad actress it’s laughable.  Mascara running down her cheeks in the park.  Then all the others backing her up as they have their own shit to worry about and they don’t want her to spell the beans.  They all live beyond their means.  Where’s all the money coming from?  The public’s is not stupid.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, dosodog said:

I don't think they signed a pre-nup, so she would get half in California?  Or half of what he earned during the marriage?

Which would apparently have been nothing?  Because maybe filing for divorce would have brought the house of cards down, back then. 

I’m sure she’s been tucking money somewhere since they first married.  She doesn’t want to be poor again.  Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

• Love 7
On 8/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, RoseAllDay said:

There’s a lot that has been bothering me about Erika’s version of events, especially since her story keeps adding more and more details with each telling. 

But after rewatching the episodes on Bravo today, my biggest “Hmm” moments have been how she portrays Tom. For a few examples: Early on she says that the benefit of quarantine was that she was staying home more with Tom and having good conversations over dinner. Now, she talks about living in a mausoleum (complete with glamour shots of said mausoleum). She has always downplayed Tom’s accident. Now, she says the man ran off the road and it was much more serious (how was he not killed?). Also earlier, she said being a lawyer was all Tom still “wanted to do.” Now, he is too mentally impaired and should be disbarred.

(Plus the “poor me” attutude she has when in a group. I don’t doubt for a second that this is hard, but something here strikes me as off, too.)

But what doesn’t fit the narrative, at least for me, is her saying that she had suspicions about Tom’s faithfulness after Yolanda and David divorced. They divorced in 2017.

Getting cynical now…I find it very hard to believe that Erika would tolerate Tom cheating on her, or treating her as badly as she says he did. (Cut to the clip where Tom snaps at Erika at the dinner with Vanderpump. Erika backed down pretty quickly.) I don’t know California divorce law, but given how many years they were married, couldn’t she have sought a divorce with little to no financial impact? Then there is his so-called physical and mental decline. In 2017 she was at or near the top of her game careerwise, which only confirms my belief putting up with Tom was worth the success, and now she is trying to put as much distance between herself and Tom as possible now that things are going bad. The easiest way to do this is to make herself out to be a victim as well, and to milk all the sympathy she can. That won’t mean much legally if she knew of his malfeasance, but she can’t have it both ways — sing Tom’s praises while she takes advantage of his money, but then run him down when she needs to find some cover from what he’s supposedly done.

This is what makes the timing of the divorce so interesting.

She needs to be careful with the endless embellishments. The women have very good BS detectors (as do investigators) and she could be digging herself a very deep hole. I can’t wait to see how the rest of this season plays out.

(Side comments — I was fast-forwarding through the commercials from the other night and went too far and had to rewind. Dorit’s hair in a talking head made her look like Teddi in FF. Could have been her twin. And there’s Lisa’s continuing heartburn concerning Scott Disick. Harry’s comment made me laugh.)

Good post, @RoseAllDay! Just wait til you see the next epi. I will just say, the plot thickens. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2021 at 6:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

I wasn't born yet, but my understanding is both were child actresses, but Kim was a child star. 

Kim was the kid who was cast in everything for a while there. She wasn't a star like Macauley Culkin-style, but she was really recognizable.

That said, I certainly recognized Kyle growing up too. She didn't work as much as Kim, but she worked. As child actresses go, it's not like Kim was a success and Kyle was a failure, but Kim worked more. I remember watching an old horror movie last night and they were both in it playing sisters.

• Useful 3

In the extra scenes version, they ask Erika if Tom had flings or serious relationships with other women. Someone says, “Does it matter?” Erika says, “Yes, it does. If you’re paying for other people’s lives, it effin does.”

• Useful 3

Quoting @Jennifersdc:

Maybe. IMO Kyle and Lips are too far gone to backtrack now.

In the extra scenes version of this episode, in a TH, Kyle, incredulous, declares, paraphrasing, “All this time, Erika’s been telling us her marriage is great. Now all of the sudden, she’s telling us it has not been great. What else has she been lying about?”

• Love 5