Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Affairs and Accidents

• Start Topic

On 7/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, Boo Boo said:

I actually thought Kyle looked better having a few wrinkles than a lineless face at 51.

Not everyone has lines at this age though—I don’t (that said, I don’t live in the CA sun. And I’m a year younger—maybe they’re a-comin’!).

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Cozytea said:

It wasn't Rachel Zoe,  I think it was an actress on the new Dynasty . But yes, she kept trying to stop her from giving her opinion.  She didnt just talk over her, she turned her chair to face her and said I'll cut you, she repeated it several times.  Lol, i'm sure she thought she was being funny but she obviously didnt want the actress to share her opinion. The actress finally said Relax, it isn't bad for you, or something like that. I am not a Sutton fan. As someone else pointed out she manipulates with tears. 

*Rachel Zoe was on with Mindy Kaling. 

* Sutton was just bizarre the whole time on wwhl.

Yeah, I was going to say it wasn't Rachel Zoe, it was an actress on Dynasty, which I wasn't even aware had been rebooted.

But it shows how much Sutton wants to control the conversation. To be fair to her, I guess it also shows that Sutton will talk over another white woman, so that's a point in her favor.  

Erika's story about Tom lying in a ditch or what have you for 12 hours just doesn't pass any kind of smell test. Quite honestly, if that happened, he'd likely be dead.  She doesn't seem to realize that the way she's trying to spin this story makes her look more guilty, not less (IMO).

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I feel like Rinna is being careful this season because she got so much hate for how she acted last season and how she treated Denise. 

I agree this is part of it. She is very aware of how her popularity declined after last season. I also think that the housewives have a silent agreement on what part of the lives is off limits. The women never question Rinna on Harry (after the Kim fight), Dorit on her legal issues, Erika on her marriage in the past. These were understood off limit topics. Instead they wanted people to "own it" on more petty lies, like Denise on having the affair with Brandi.

If Rinna was so into people just being honest, I would have thought she could have made Erika a target years ago for not being open about many things in her life including her marriage to Tom. She hasn't in the past and she isn't now even though it's obvious she's a liar. Rinna will never make Erika "own it."

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, 90sfan said:

I agree this is part of it. She is very aware of how her popularity declined after last season. I also think that the housewives have a silent agreement on what part of the lives is off limits. The women never question Rinna on Harry (after the Kim fight), Dorit on her legal issues, Erika on her marriage in the past. These were understood off limit topics. Instead they wanted people to "own it" on more petty lies, like Denise on having the affair with Brandi.

If Rinna was so into people just being honest, I would have thought she could have made Erika a target years ago for not being open about many things in her life including her marriage to Tom. She hasn't in the past and she isn't now even though it's obvious she's a liar. Rinna will never make Erika "own it."

Exactly.  Like the fact that Kyle knew he was cheating on her too.  Anyone with a thimble full of brain could see the sham marriage but they all knew to pretend.  Which makes their hypocrisy even more blatant when it comes to Camille and to Denise. 

They at least pay their bills!

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Erika's story about Tom lying in a ditch or what have you for 12 hours just doesn't pass any kind of smell test. Quite honestly, if that happened, he'd likely be dead.  She doesn't seem to realize that the way she's trying to spin this story makes her look more guilty, not less (IMO).

Don't newer cars have that Onstar thingy that somehow knows if you've wrecked and calls for help? (Ok I just outed that my car is old lol)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Don't newer cars have that Onstar thingy that somehow knows if you've wrecked and calls for help? (Ok I just outed that my car is old lol)

There is also a version of the black box that airplanes have:

While they have been nicknamed “black boxes,” a car's EDR is different from an airplane's black box because it doesn't record data the entire time the car is being operated. ... An EDR can, however, provide investigators with valuable data from the seconds before, during and after a crash

• Useful 5
(edited)
On 7/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, Boo Boo said:

Also, I saw Sutton on WWHL and I could def see that she's an awkward, somewhat irritating person.  She came off WEIRD.  I'm becoming more team Crystal now lol)

💯 I was so aggravated with her silly, noncommittal, afraid of her own shadow, AWKWARD demeanor that I literally stopped watching. She couldn't even string a sentence together. She sounded like an opportunistic leech that was afraid of giving the wrong answer. Blech.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

💯 I was so aggravated with her silly, noncommittal, afraid of her own shadow, AWKWARD demeanor that I literally stopped watching. She couldn't even string a sentence together. She sounded like an opportunistic leech that was afraid of giving the wrong answer. Blech.

I don’t dislike Sutton has a person I just don’t think she is mentally built for reality tv. She is like Gretchen Weiners from Mean Girls the follower that constantly needs approval of her place in the group. Like she’s one small push away from cracking at any time. In the real world there isn’t a problem with that but reality tv ain’t the real world. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I don’t dislike Sutton has a person I just don’t think she is mentally built for reality tv. She is like Gretchen Weiners from Mean Girls the follower that constantly needs approval of her place in the group. Like she’s one small push away from cracking at any time. In the real world there isn’t a problem with that but reality tv ain’t the real world. 

None for Sutton Stracke! 😆 

Andy seemed to get obviously irritated with her a few times, which I feel is unprofessional. I couldn't decide if she was trying to play up quirkiness, had bad nerves or what. Even Liz gave her side-eye. (Superficially, I loved her sparkly dress and the way her hair was fixed)

I do like her, more so in her TH segments, but I don't know if I personally could spend extended amounts of time around her. She seems fun but with a big dose of exhausting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

Yes, exactly! I stopped watching too.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not everyone has lines at this age though—I don’t (that said, I don’t live in the CA sun. And I’m a year younger—maybe they’re a-comin’!).

They're on the way, sweetie.  Get ready for it.  It'll be ok!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

That was one ugly candle/glass thing. No wonder Kyle dumped it on the bar without saying anything about it. Kathy either doesn’t know Kyle’s decor or doesn’t care (my vote is on the latter) because red and white striped glass did not go with Kyle’s earthy tones at all! Where was the morally corrupt one (just remembered her name… Faye), the one in charge of decor when you need her?

edit: maybe it was a re-gift?

I'm assuming since it was a holiday candle (the photo posted here said "crushed candy cane"), so that's probably the reason for the red and white striped glass.  I guess Kyle likes candy cane scent (or at least, Kathy thinks she does).

Either way, that was a big ass candle - I'm guessing it would take a ton of hours for it to burn down.  I'm not a fan of candles, so I really can't appreciate them the way so many other do.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Erika playing poor is just gross. She can call me when she's digging couch change for food.

Maybe we need to rewrite her songs for her? How many bucks do I have? Zero, zero, zero, none!

I had to quote this because I can't stop laughing! A thousand likes! 😆 Colombo would be THE perfect person to take on Erika. He would brush off her snarky attitude, find all the money (and any bodies) and have it all wrapped up in an hour!

I was wondering if Kyle's non-reaction to her giant candle gift is why Kathy kept sniffing it and carrying it around. She should just take it back home with her. 😂 

"It's xxxpensive to heat a poooool".....  😂

• LOL 23
(edited)

I liked Sutton telling us on WWHL that, of all her friends, loved ones and fans, she is most proud that her youngest son follows her on social media.

In the scene with her mom, did Sutton say that her store logo is her father’s handwriting? That’s pretty cool, funky handwriting. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In the scene with her mom, did Sutton say that her store logo is her father’s handwriting? That’s pretty cool, funky handwriting. 

Yes.   I do not remember that scene being shown previously  but Sutton insisting her mother feel something she doesn't feel sounds about right and I liked it.    Same with wanting her mother to come to her little vanity BH boutique.  

Sutton deciding to trump Ericka's problems with her father's death by suicide was on brand for her as well.   All I could think of is good grief how can anyone have a fun girls weekend with these two? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

My god, I just listened to that Watch what Crappens podcast and I thought I was going to hyperventilate from laughing when they started with Erika's accident story. That was fabulous.

2 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I stopped dead in my tracks at the appearance of Sutton's daughter, a natural fresh-faced beauty whose demeanor was that of a regular young woman. No outsized cleavage, no spackled makeup, no claw nails, no proud declarations that she knows how to give blow jobs.

IKR? It's like she wandered in from another planet. Oh look, a pleasant looking girl who looks like you wouldn't regret talking to - who knew?

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

They're on the way, sweetie.  Get ready for it.  It'll be ok!

I’m not worried. I had a good run (and I always have masks to fall back on. Oy).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 4
40 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I stopped dead in my tracks at the appearance of Sutton's daughter, a natural fresh-faced beauty whose demeanor was that of a regular young woman. No outsized cleavage, no spackled makeup, no claw nails, no proud declarations that she knows how to give blow jobs.

I know. Just a naturally beautiful, sweet girl. 

36 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

My god, I just listened to that Watch what Crappens podcast and I thought I was going to hyperventilate from laughing when they started with Erika's accident story. That was fabulous.

IKR? It's like she wandered in from another planet. Oh look, a pleasant looking girl who looks like you wouldn't regret talking to - who knew?

I haven't listened to the recent podcasts yet, but I want to be friends with those guys. They are hilarious! They need their own show on Bravo. 

• Love 8

Okay so, Tom drove off a cliff?

Not a road

Nor down an embankmemt

A Cliff...

An accident such as this, wasn't fatal.

Nor required police or medical intervention.

Which means, no accident report.

Erika said bones were broken, but I don't recall mention of a hospital stay.

:in Jay Z's voice:

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

U NEED MORE PEOPLE! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Okay so, Tom drove off a cliff?

Not a road

Nor down an embankmemt

A Cliff...

An accident such as this, wasn't fatal.

Nor required police or medical intervention.

Which means, no accident report.

Erika said bones were broken, but I don't recall mention of a hospital stay.

:in Jay Z's voice:

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

U NEED MORE PEOPLE! 

Don’t forget first he was “ejected” from the car but then he just “rolled” out lol 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I remember when Erika told the women that Tom had a broken ankle from a car accident. The other women commiserated saying that “powerful men are the WORST patients” and Erika responded saying that he hasn’t slowed down at all and something about how tough he is, even at his age, and you can’t keep him down resting at all. So now this was all lies too and he was ejected from the car down a cliff and called Erika to retrieve him and he had multiple broken bones over his body that no one knew about or noticed? Were there not multiple casts required if he broke more than his ankle? The LIES!!

This story makes zero sense and is more bullshit the longer they let her go on with it. 

image.gif

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
On 7/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, sistermagpie said:

There is something about that Richards family that always manages to come across as such a real--if dysfunctional--family. I believe Kyle could just get the giggles over god knows what, especially around Kathy. It's the same with the house--I believe they have a lot of memories there growing up. (And somehow I suspect the place wouldn't belong to them anymore if Kyle had actually "stolen" it from Kim.) Even when they're screwed up, they always seem like a real family--even the added dynamic of Kathy being the older half-sister with Kim and Kyle being closer in age and growing up acting often together (with their own whole Baby Jane thing going on).

I know Kyle gets a lot of hate, but I've always liked her for this reason. She at least seems the most "real" to me of any of these people. Dorit, Lisa R. and Erika are complete phonies, sharing only select aspects of their lives that they think make them look better. Kyle has always let it hang out there.

I will admit I also like the Richards because I am one of 3 sisters. It's a dynamic that I get, although thank goodness I have not had anywhere near the drama or family dysfunction with my two sisters. But scenes of the sisters cracking each other up have always been some of my favorites. No one can make you laugh and also leave you seething with rage like your sister. Often both within the span of 20 minutes!

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

This story makes zero sense and is more bullshit the longer they let her go on with it. 

Erika is digging her own grave.  I can't even imagine what she is thinking with all this bullshit information she's telling.  I thought Erika would have been smarter than all that. 

• Love 11
On 7/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, Maximona said:

This was a really entertaining episode!

I guess because of COVID, none of the housewives have been able to keep up with their Botox and fillers.  All of them had marionette lines. A few of their foreheads actually wrinkled when contemplating Erika's stoicism.  

Did you see the Erika's new confessional look in the second half of the episode? I believe she's wearing royal blue. She looked . . .. distinctly different. Not bad, but like a different person. Her eyes in particular. Wonder if she doesn't have the money to upkeep that unnaturally line-less face of hers anymore. 

• Love 5

That candle had a notch on the lip on both sides.  I don’t see any notches on the candle on the website.  I wonder if it broke when someone (Kathy) didn’t pick it up from the bottom.  I didn’t mind Sutton at all on wwhl.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, candle96 said:

Did you see the Erika's new confessional look in the second half of the episode? I believe she's wearing royal blue. She looked . . .. distinctly different. Not bad, but like a different person. Her eyes in particular. Wonder if she doesn't have the money to upkeep that unnaturally line-less face of hers anymore. 

I thought she looked very different. She looked like a completely different person. And she looked Latina.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, sistermagpie said:

So Harry Hamlin wants to know how Scott Disick got into their lives: Your girl is thirsty, Harry. I think that's the answer.

After Rinna namedropped Scott Disick using both of his names multiple times as the complete thirsty starf*cker she is (almost PK level starf*ucker level but not quite) it came to me that's why Harry Hamlin is also two words ! Thirsty from the jump all these years. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
(edited)
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

After Rinna namedropped Scott Disick using both of his names multiple times as the complete thirsty starf*cker she is (almost PK level starf*ucker level but not quite) it came to me that's why Harry Hamlin is also two words ! Thirsty from the jump all these years. 

She does that to everyone and it just drives me fucking bonkers. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

It has like an actiony rear-view of the car going over—but I’m picturing an old big shiny black car with those pointy fin things. And then a closeup of cartoon Erica’s horror-stricken face. I can literally picture this, the squares on the page with the white negative space between, all of it.

• LOL 11

Folks, I'm concerned about Erika.  She had to give up her Clubhouse!  And she may need to use a kitchen island as a makeshift glam table!  Should we start a GoFundMe for her?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Now I am picturing Toonces.

Hahaha! I was just about to post that when I read your comment 🤣 Total Toonces.

Each time I watch this show, I’m reminded that I need to put an asterisk after everything. Like:

“I like Sutton”*

* Though yes, I can see she knows how to work tears, which is annoying

”I’m liking Dorit this year”*

* But considering how much I disliked her in the past, I don’t know how much of an improvement that is

”Crystal and her blank look/side-eye, sitting there with a jar of spice in front of her was fantastic”*

* But I still don’t care for her 

“Kathy is pretty funny”*

* But there’s no way in heck I’d want her around me, personally

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2