Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Affairs and Accidents

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That is so Denise Richards *as I cackle and clap like a mad person with my head thrown back* ….

With respect and admiration for anyone with a learning disability, I am reposting my opinion that Rinna cackling reminds me so much of Arnie from “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, ladle said:

Is it just me or, based on the flashbacks, was Erika's voice completely different in 2018?  

I don't know if it is you or not but this episode was the first time I registered her voice as being that kind of helium artificially sounding high voice. For whatever reason until then I just registered her voice as being normal and actually a bit on the deeper end - e.g. not very shrill and high but in line with her hard boiled dame persona - more Barbara Stanwyk than Marilyn Monroe who had that breathy artificial voice.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Hahahaha you guys are cracking me up!

seriously, someone should make online comic books out of some of these episodes!

My BF owns a comic shop and knows a few artists—maybe he can get this ball a’rollin’, haha! 

Also, I am sitting here laughing about a possibly neurologically challenged old man driving off a cliff. What is happening?!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2021 at 9:22 PM, Emmeline said:

I thought this episode was rather enjoyable.  It was a good balance of the women’s everyday lives, some humor, and of course the Erika drama.  Thank god for no drama between the ladies.  

I really liked this episode! I think I’ve said this before but with the Covid filming restrictions it’s almost like they’re forced to hearken back to a vintage era of reality TV when the participants just sort of sat around and talked and had organic fun. It’s a nice change of pace. And then there’s the Tom drama to ensure it doesn’t get boring. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

So I don’t get the whole driving off the cliff thing. Is she trying to excuse the stealing money from clients based on him having a “head injury” three or something years ago? He’s apparently been doing it for many many years…see culpability of CA Bar.

• Love 6

How do you go off a cliff in a car and there's no involvement from official sources?

A tow truck company had to be involved? Right?  Work had to be done on the car.  If it was sold, isn't an accident something that has to be disclosed?

She makes a terrible criminal.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

That whole vanity casting in Chicago really went to her brain and muddled her up. First, I saw Chicago back in the day with Gwen Verdon and Chita Rivera and I cannot believe that even with a new revival, any self respecting Broadway producer would ever have cast Erika unless she slept her way there or Tom bought her the casting. That said, I also think there is still a chance that she and Tom are in cahoots and her flawed, lame and poorly executed show babble is a Strategy that they’re trying to lay out that:

1. Tom isn’t of sound mind

2. Tom had an accident and sustained a brain injury

3. Erika knew nothing bout no shady bizneth

The entire show is so poorly executed like watching an episode of The Californians on SNL.

And not for nothing but every time Erika says she is paying her bills herself and Tom isn’t helping her at all I snicker because ain’t no way her Erika Jayne BS and her RHBH pay will keep her afloat in the manner to which she is currently living. Even her slumming is still the high life. Her legal team are really bad.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 12
(edited)

I've been on vacation so I'm just catching up. Great comments here but I have a couple WTF observations.  The only pan Kyle had to make her famous lasagna was a flimsy disposable pan? Where's the LeCruset  bakeware?  I call doctored up Costco lasagna.

Also, Sutton drove her convertible from BH to PS with the top down?  I can't even drive in SoCal with a sunroof open and this Southern Belle is driving around with no a/c?

Edited by OlderThanDirt
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I've been on vacation so I'm just catching up. Great comments here but I have a couple WTF observations.  The only pan Kyle had to make her famous lasagna was a flimsy disposable pan? Where's the LeCruset  bakeware?  I call doctored up Costco lasagna.

Also, Sutton drove her convertible from BH to PS with the top down?  I can't even drive in SoCal with a sunroof open and this Southern Belle is driving around with no a/c?

Wasn't it December when this was filmed? Not hot, even in the desert. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

How do you go off a cliff in a car and there's no involvement from official sources?

A tow truck company had to be involved? Right?  Work had to be done on the car.  If it was sold, isn't an accident something that has to be disclosed?

She makes a terrible criminal.

I don't know... Tom has connections in pretty high places and the money to make problems go away. Also, where is Erika's son employed?

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 2:06 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

After Rinna namedropped Scott Disick using both of his names multiple times as the complete thirsty starf*cker she is (almost PK level starf*ucker level but not quite) it came to me that's why Harry Hamlin is also two words ! Thirsty from the jump all these years. 

Yessss!! I have always thought that Rinna is name dropping every time she refers to her husband as Harry Hamlin. She does it with a lot of people— like her very close friend of 20 years Denise Richards Cindy Crawford. Harry Hamlin is still a respected actor in Hollywood. He did some decent stuff and he has done theater and he is a smart and serious person. Nothing award winning, but more than just a pretty face. Lisa Rinna is a hustler who will work her ass off, sell anything, is fun to schmooze with, and will name drop her husband at least once in every interaction so that you know she is Hollywood-adjacent-important.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Speaking of including first and last names, I don’t know why I find it funny that the Bravo chyron keeps identifying “Kathy Hilton” (not just “Kathy” or “Kathy, Kyle’s sister”) in various scenes at various points, even if she’s not the focus or even the one talking. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Okay I'm going to have to do a rewatch; there are multiple things I clearly missed and this is one of them.  I agree it could be Costco but we know Kyle can actually cook and it sure looked like she was making the veggie lasagna from scratch.   The only explanation I can think of is this wasn't her primary home/kitchen so it might not have everything  like a lasagna pan or even multiple pans. 

50 minutes ago, ladle said:

Speaking of including first and last names, I don’t know why I find it funny that the Bravo chyron keeps identifying “Kathy Hilton” (not just “Kathy” or “Kathy, Kyle’s sister”) in various scenes at various points, even if she’s not the focus or even the one talking. 

Another thing I didn't notice!  But I'll be looking for it from now on. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Rinna’s arrival at Kyle’s house wins for the MOST RIDICULOUSLY UNNECESSARILY EXTRA entrance in all of BH history. (I was going to say in all of Real Housewives history but ATL has some pretty ridiculous entrances that basically turn into catwalk-strutting fashion shows).

The air kisses. The leg kicked in the air like Molly Shannon’s Sally O’Malley “I lovvve it!” The dancing. The SCREAMING. Kyle got sucked into the vortex and even did some dancing moves. Surprised she didn’t do her splits + helicopter hair twirl move! Rinna is just so EXTRA all the time; it’s truly remarkable. 

I also loved how Rinna’s extra-ness ruined Erica’s grand entrance. As she took her moment to stand dramatically in front of the door…Rinna throws it open and brays out “ERICCCCCCCCKKKKAAAAAA!” Erica the actress even broke character for a second and smirked and rolled her eyes. Good old Rinner (in LVP accent)!!!

Also, @film noire, loved your take on Erica’s story. Did you catch your name check in this episode? I believe it was Dorit who described the tale as a bit…”film noir”

Edited by HelloOutThere
Rinner not Rinna
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, QQQQ said:

I don't know... Tom has connections in pretty high places and the money to make problems go away. Also, where is Erika's son employed?

Tom does have the ability to make a strange accident go away. Not to make the casts and bruises and questions from others at the firm that he works at 7 days a week to go away though. Someone would notice.  Erika’s son works for the LAPD. On the rare occasion she spoke of him, he was a very regular young cop on patrol. I don’t think he has the power to cover up anything. Tom is like best personal  friends with the police chief, mayor, and every judge and lawyer. He did illegal stuff for 40 years that people looked the other way on because they thought he was a good guy, he was too big too mess with, didn’t want to make trouble, want to stay on his good side… whatever. I can believe that he had favors and pull to cover up anything because he clearly robbed people of hundreds of millions. I still think the car crash story is bananas and makes no sense and Erika is full of shit. There are a lot of holes in that story. As others suggested, he might have been drunk. Nobody totals a car and is unconscious for hours and doesn’t seek and require medical treatment for broken bones nor report to insurance that you no longer have the car. You only act shady and evasive when you have reason to.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Tom does have the ability to make a strange accident go away. Not to make the casts and bruises and questions from others at the firm that he works at 7 days a week to go away though. Someone would notice.  Erika’s son works for the LAPD. On the rare occasion she spoke of him, he was a very regular young cop on patrol. I don’t think he has the power to cover up anything. Tom is like best personal  friends with the police chief, mayor, and every judge and lawyer

Are you saying the accident wasn't as bad as Erika described last week? Or that it was bad and there was a cover up? Maybe he recovered at home with a medical glam squad.

Re: Erika's son, I was just asking his occupation (couldn't remember if he was a police officer or in corrections) and where he works, not saying that he's dirty. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Are you saying the accident wasn't as bad as Erika described last week? Or that it was bad and there was a cover up? Maybe he recovered at home with a medical glam squad.

Re: Erika's son, I was just asking his occupation (couldn't remember if he was a police officer or in corrections) and where he works, not saying that he's dirty. 

I don’t believe Erika about any of that in that faux performance. I don’t think his accident was anything like Erika described with him being jettisoned out of the car, unconscious, several broken bones, calling her and refusing medical attention except allowing it for his broken ankle. I don’t even know what the point of her story was or why she is bringing any of it up now. I think she is full of it and spinning tales so fast that she can’t quite keep up with herself to what is even realistic. I was simply responding to your post that Tom has money to make problems go away and that I completely agree with that. He had friends in every high place. He constantly made problems go away. Even if he did make some kind of DUI go away, he couldn’t make all those injuries go away. Although, now that you mention it… is Erika laying groundwork for unreported head trauma? 🙄 I have no idea what her point was with that story except “woe is me… life is so hard, you have no idea what I did for this man.” Sure, Jan. You also asked what her son did and I responded to that. Nothing but agreeing with you and filling in with my own musings :)

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I call doctored up Costco lasagna.

Nah.  😊. I saw zucchini in Kyle's lasagna.  

There ain't no zucchini in Costco lasagna.

Lasagna is not a terribly complicated recipe to make.  But it does require commitment, so kudos to Kyle.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Okay I'm going to have to do a rewatch; there are multiple things I clearly missed and this is one of them.  I agree it could be Costco but we know Kyle can actually cook and it sure looked like she was making the veggie lasagna from scratch.   The only explanation I can think of is this wasn't her primary home/kitchen so it might not have everything  like a lasagna pan or even multiple pans. 

Yes, since it is not her primary home, I doubt she keeps a big lasagna pan there. 

Quite honestly, lasagna is not that difficult to make, particularly if you are not making the sauce from scratch. It's mostly just about layering. Since Kyle is a decent cook, I don’t have any problem believing she made it herself and just bought a temporary plan so she didn't have to worry about clean up.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Luckylondon said:

I don’t believe Erika about any of that in that faux performance. I don’t think his accident was anything like Erika described with him being jettisoned out of the car, unconscious, several broken bones, calling her and refusing medical attention except allowing it for his broken ankle. I don’t even know what the point of her story was or why she is bringing any of it up now. I think she is full of it and spinning tales so fast that she can’t quite keep up with herself to what is even realistic. I was simply responding to your post that Tom has money to make problems go away and that I completely agree with that. He had friends in every high place. He constantly made problems go away. Even if he did make some kind of DUI go away, he couldn’t make all those injuries go away. Although, now that you mention it… is Erika laying groundwork for unreported head trauma? 🙄 I have no idea what her point was with that story except “woe is me… life is so hard, you have no idea what I did for this man.” Sure, Jan. You also asked what her son did and I responded to that. Nothing but agreeing with you and filling in with my own musings :)

Got it, thanks. It does feel like Erika is throwing out a lot of different stories to see what sticks to the wall. The problem is that if she portrays him as a cold, calculating, cheating bastard to gain sympathy on the divorce front, she can't also paint him as a doddering old man who shouldn't be held culpable for stealing money from his clients. Maybe an alleged head injury is the best of both worlds - a Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde personality (although the timing doesn't really work).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, since it is not her primary home, I doubt she keeps a big lasagna pan there. 

Quite honestly, lasagna is not that difficult to make, particularly if you are not making the sauce from scratch. It's mostly just about layering. Since Kyle is a decent cook, I don’t have any problem believing she made it herself and just bought a temporary plan so she didn't have to worry about clean up.

Agree.  It sounded/ looked like she made two lasagnas — one with meat, one with eggplant (ewww! Hate the texture of eggplant! 🤮 lol).   I think she did make her own sauce, too.  It takes about an hour to cook, so it is time-consuming, even if not difficult.

• Love 3

She did a lot of the prep including browning the meat and cutting the sausage with a butter knife so it’s safe to assume the kitchen isn’t as well equipped as her normal house. Not to mention not having to scrub a lasagna pan is a vacation onto itself! 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

don’t believe Erika about any of that in that faux performance. I don’t think his accident was anything like Erika described with him being jettisoned out of the car, unconscious, several broken bones, calling her and refusing medical attention except allowing it for his broken ankle. I don’t even know what the point of her story was or why she is bringing any of it up now. I think she

I’m beginning to think that Tom ran into their mailbox. This is because widows and orphans were across the street and he got distracted.

• LOL 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

That whole vanity casting in Chicago really went to her brain and muddled her up. First, I saw Chicago back in the day with Gwen Verdon and Chita Rivera and I cannot believe that even with a new revival, any self respecting Broadway producer would ever have cast Erika unless she slept her way there or Tom bought her the casting. That said, I also think there is still a chance that she and Tom are in cahoots and her flawed, lame and poorly executed show babble is a Strategy that they’re trying to lay out that:

1. Tom isn’t of sound mind

2. Tom had an accident and sustained a brain injury

3. Erika knew nothing bout no shady bizneth

The entire show is so poorly executed like watching an episode of The Californians on SNL.

And not for nothing but every time Erika says she is paying her bills herself and Tom isn’t helping her at all I snicker because ain’t no way her Erika Jayne BS and her RHBH pay will keep her afloat in the manner to which she is currently living. Even her slumming is still the high life. Her legal team are really bad.

I also saw "Chicago" with Gwen Verdon and Chita Rivera (my first Broadway show), and then saw the revival with Bebe Neuwirth, Anne Reinking and Joel Grey.  Both casts were fabulous in their own ways!!  

But, I think if I had a choice (and free tickets), I'd take seeing Erika Jayne over Nene Leakes any day!  Nene "starred" as Matron Morton for a hot minute before Erika Jayne's stint as Roxie.

I'm guessing the producers of the last revival were really looking for the stunt casting to draw in an audience.  

But, I also agree that Tom must have had a hand in getting her some type of audition or something, either of his own doing, or at Erika's request.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

But, I think if I had a choice (and free tickets), I'd take seeing Erika Jayne over Nene Leakes any day!  Nene "starred" as Matron Morton for a hot minute before Erika Jayne's stint as Roxie.

With you on that. Erika is a performer. Nene is, well Nene.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I wonder how steep that cliff was that Tom drove over. And just how did Erika get him up and back over the cliff? Did she carry him up herself or have help? Did she load him in her car and drive him home or to a medical facility?  Her story is full of holes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder how steep that cliff was that Tom drove over. And just how did Erika get him up and back over the cliff? Did she carry him up herself or have help? Did she load him in her car and drive him home or to a medical facility?  Her story is full of holes. 

Her panties aren’t full of holes, because she doesn’t own any.

• LOL 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could someone please post a link to the Tom Girardi car crash WWCL podcast? I’ve searched several times with no success. Thank you very much!

Try this homepage: 

https://www.watchwhatcrappens.com/

Specific episode:  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rhobh-qualm-springs/id498130432?i=1000529715254

It's titled Qualm Springs, lol. 

And in case anyone got confused during Ericka's car crash story here issome video of it courtesy of Watch What Crappens:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRooZ6LnL5T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm guessing the producers of the last revival were really looking for the stunt casting to draw in an audience.  

But, I also agree that Tom must have had a hand in getting her some type of audition or something, either of his own doing, or at Erika's request.

FWIW, I think it's all the same revival. If I remember correctly, Chicago has been running on Broadway for 20 years, so it's not like this is a new revival. No doubt Tom's money and Erika's time as a Housewife played a huge hand in how she got the role but this kind of stunt casting is also how the show has survived for decades on Broadway - because that kind of casting likely brings all the tourists in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Here is Erika‘s story of the crash in her own words. Note I took out the talking heads and the other women’s questions and comments except for one instance where Erika’s statement made no sense without it. Bravo also edits these conversations and it’s possible it makes more sense if you hear the conversation in its entirety. 

“As a result of the crash his ankle was broken.”

“He was also unconscious for 12 hours.”

“I know cause I found him.”

”He had a head injury and he broke his shoulder. Snapped his ankle and then broke his clavicle.”

”He drove off a cliff.”

[One of the other women says, “That must’ve been so traumatic.”]

“Yep. Seeing your husband unconscious.”

”Well he wasn’t with the car. He was down the hill.”

“This road is an old road behind our house that is switched back….It goes like this. And it’s a steep hill like this. Somehow or another, this man who’s lived there for 30-plus years drives up behind the fucking house, takes a turn, but he ends up here and then tumbles out of the car.”

”I said ‘Where have you been?’. Cause I was just assuming he was with some other woman.”

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

I was laughing too much at the telling of an 80 year old man’s car flying off of a cliff (because that’s a completely normal response in this case) but did Erika give any kind of explanation as to how Tom got back up the cliff? I mean did Erika go rappel down there for him and is the car still down there?

woman-rappelling-off-sandstone-cliff-ken

• LOL 22
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I was laughing too much at the telling of an 80 year old man’s car flying off of a cliff (because that’s a completely normal response in this case) but did Erika give any kind of explanation as to how Tom got back up the cliff? I mean did Erika go rappel down there for him and is the car still down there?

Maybe Mikey helped? But instead of rappelling ropes, they knitted together all of Erika’s wigs and extensions! I mean, this one on its own would be a good start:

249D9EC2-59CE-4AB3-95B7-6426667A7255.png

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Nice work seeing it written out because I sure as hell couldn’t follow that story.  She found him unconscious down a hill and then asked where he had been. Ya okay 🙄

I do appreciate seeing it written down, but I still can't follow the story.  She is clearly making up details. I assume there was some type of accident, but most of that story is total BS. Erika better improve her lying skills before she gets to court. Ain't nobody buying this story.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Maybe Mikey helped? But instead of rappelling ropes, they knitted together all of Erika’s wigs and extensions! I mean, this one on its own would be a good start:

You guys are on a roll. I will say this, it's been a while since this franchise has been fun, and Erika's bad acting, strategically placed cheap mascara and obvious lies are pretty darn funny. Kathy obviously planned to be the comic relief this season, but Erika is way ahead of her and isn't even trying.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

7 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Hahahaha!

I keep picturing the road Tom was on as the Going to the Sun road from The Shining

59C003C4-9F4D-4BAF-A6F4-58364B84B8C4.jpeg

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, glowbug said:

[One of the other women says, “That must’ve been so traumatic.”]

“Yep. Seeing your husband unconscious.”

Of course Erika keeps it about her; the trauma was hers - not the old guy who crashed.  Sheesh. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

This. You say to an unconscious man with several broken bones and broken limbs laying at THE BOTTOM OF A CLIFF… “where have you been?”

I CANNOT. GTFOH. It’s too much. How do they keep a straight face and coo over her? If Erika was Lisa Vanderpump, Erika would have NO empathy for her. She would be making snide comments and sip tea in her talking head. She’s the sniper from the side. That was classic projection. I thought that at the time. Erika thinks women are catty and judgmental because she knows how she herself thinks and operates and assumes everyone else is as calculated and snarky as she is when gossiping with her boys.

At first I thought her story sounded like bs to me due to the fact I'm often texting and/or here posting as I watch and thought perhaps I missed stuff.

Agree. These women were so cold to a woman who lost her only sibling to suicide. But we have to feel sorry for Erika no longer living in a mansion and cutting back glam. It's clear this wasn't an end to an amazing love and romance. If Erika was innocent and had no knowledge of Tom's crimes, she'll be just fine. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15