Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Affairs and Accidents

• Start Topic

I hope at the reunion Andy asks her to clarify what she’s claiming actually happened. I’m sure someone will write in a question about it and they can stir up drama by bringing up Sutton’s confusion/disbelief.

Her story makes no sense. I love how she claims Tom had a head injury, broke his shoulder, smashed his ankle then broke his clavicle. So the clavicle wasn’t broken at the same time as his ankle and shoulder? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I watched the episode and have read every post here going over the accident and I still have no idea what happened. I've got it narrowed down to Tom drove off a cliff while simultaneously was ejected from the car/fell out of the car while it was still in motion/had come to a stop, broke multiple bones and had a head injury but was still able to call Erika to come get him/laid in/crawled out of the car until he was found, he was unconscious for 12 hours in the car/bed at home, and despite multiple serious injuries he was able to continue working just fine/has suffered dementia. 

I think you got it! Clear as mud.

I'm still unclear on this part:

So she found him, and saw him unconscious, but he then called her for help? After finding his broken down-the-cliff body, she then asked him where he was, because she assumed he was with someone else--was he with another woman during the 12 hours he was unconscious?

Agreed, @Marley she needs lies with fewer details

93561BF9-C679-47BA-A5B2-335CE54E2BBD.gif

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

I could have sworn there was an episode a few years ago when Tom was shown hobbling around on the broken ankle. I don't remember his arm in a sling, which it would be with a broken clavicle. I'm pretty sure they mentioned a car crash.

It wouldn't be that hard to dig up the video evidence. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I could have sworn there was an episode a few years ago when Tom was shown hobbling around on the broken ankle. I don't remember his arm in a sling, which it would be with a broken clavicle. I'm pretty sure they mentioned a car crash.

It wouldn't be that hard to dig up the video evidence. 

She mentioned Tom having a broken ankle last season or the one before that. I think it was at the start of last season. They were catching up on what they have been up to and she mentioned the broken ankle and how hard it was for him to slow down or he wasn’t slowing down at all (paraphrasing… that’s the gist— can’t remember exact words) and the ladies sympathized how powerful men are terrible patients and poor Erika. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, glowbug said:

Here is Erika‘s story of the crash in her own words. Note I took out the talking heads and the other women’s questions and comments except for one instance where Erika’s statement made no sense without it. Bravo also edits these conversations and it’s possible it makes more sense if you hear the conversation in its entirety. 

“As a result of the crash his ankle was broken.”

“He was also unconscious for 12 hours.”

“I know cause I found him.”

”He had a head injury and he broke his shoulder. Snapped his ankle and then broke his clavicle.”

”He drove off a cliff.”

[One of the other women says, “That must’ve been so traumatic.”]

“Yep. Seeing your husband unconscious.”

”Well he wasn’t with the car. He was down the hill.”

“This road is an old road behind our house that is switched back….It goes like this. And it’s a steep hill like this. Somehow or another, this man who’s lived there for 30-plus years drives up behind the fucking house, takes a turn, but he ends up here and then tumbles out of the car.”

”I said ‘Where have you been?’. Cause I was just assuming he was with some other woman.”

Wait... how did she see her husband unconscious? I presumed he had woken up before he called her; but maybe he butt-dialed her when he drove-off/tumbled down the cliff??? 

Thanks for the transcript @glowbug

Edited by FlyingEgret
Auto-correct is not always correct
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Wait... how did she see her husband unconscious?

Maybe it’s Erika who is exhibiting early signs of dementia with her memory loss and confusing basic details. Or more like she is just lying and can’t remember who she told what to.

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, glowbug said:

I hope at the reunion Andy asks her to clarify what she’s claiming actually happened. I’m sure someone will write in a question about it and they can stir up drama by bringing up Sutton’s confusion/disbelief.

I wonder if she will even show up for the reunion? I can’t imagine her lawyers want her *clarifying* these stories further. She’s opted out of WWHL thus far this season, citing legal issues.* The more she talks, the worse it seems to get (see: this episode)!

ETA: It’s unclear whether Erika has actually cited “legal” reasons for not doing WWHL (I think that’s just the speculation). But she’s not doing any “press” (including WWHL) so I could see her opting out of the reunion…

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

ETA: It’s unclear whether Erika has actually cited “legal” reasons for not doing WWHL (I think that’s just the speculation). But she’s not doing any “press” (including WWHL) so I could see her opting out of the reunion…

And yet she has no problem posing bottomless on her IG.   😳

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I wonder if she will even show up for the reunion? I can’t imagine her lawyers want her *clarifying* these stories further. She’s opted out of WWHL thus far this season, citing legal issues.* The more she talks, the worse it seems to get (see: this episode)!

I bet her lawyers will insist she not show up for the reunion. She is a terrible client. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, chlban said:

I bet her lawyers will insist she not show up for the reunion. She is a terrible client. 

Given her current social media presence she can’t be listening to any competent lawyers advice. 

• Love 23
(edited)
3 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

maybe he butt-dialed her when he drove-off/tumbled down the cliff??? 

That moment surely gets its own several action panels in the comic.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

That moment surely gets several action own panel in the comic.

Can we make comic Tom look like the Monopoly man? 😂 

71AC4C15-27CE-4CE9-9F2C-D3F968A4995C.jpeg

96959082-304B-439D-81A3-2FB2EFCBA37E.jpeg

42 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Ya’ll are KILLING me! Love you so much for making me belly laugh. 😂😂

I'm having such fun reading this thread! My husband keeps asking me what I'm laughing about.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Given her current social media presence she can’t be listening to any competent lawyers advice. 

Good point😃 Maybe she will want to go on to finally mention how bad she feels for the victims, now that social media has been ripping her apart for not doing so. Even self absorbed Dorit managed to mention widows and orphans being hurt. But, Erika is all "poor me, not enough room for my glam squad to be comfortable" .

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I lost track the number of times I’ve driven off a cliff and laid in a ditch for 12 hours until someone drug me 20 feet up to safety. It happens. 

Well, be careful if you're driving in Pasadena.

Apparently those switchback roads can be deadly 😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)

No one offered to help Kyle put away groceries. At least put perishables in the refrigerator, guys. I am impressed someone bought a whole pineapple and not pre-sliced.

Interesting that only Crystal (and Kathy? Was Kathy actually “helping”?) tried to help Kyle get dinner on the table. My mom used to bring our family to dinner parties/gatherings. She’d tell her hosts, “My daughter will do the dishes.” She never ran this by me in advance. (Reminder: I’m the third-born daughter of Chinese immigrants.)

As another poster pointed out, how lovely that Erika continues drinking her beverage when Sutton shares that her father shot himself two days before Christmas. I didn’t think that this was possible, but I think Erika is as awful as Frankel/RHoNYC.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, be careful if you're driving in Pasadena.

Apparently those switchback roads can be deadly 😉

Maybe deadly for an average man, but certainly not for Superman/Supervillain/Brilliant Lawyer/Old Man Teetering on the Edge of Dementia/Husband who Shushes His Wife and Doesn’t Give Hugs/ Monopoly Man ( @WhatAmIWatching ) Tom Girardi! 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Interesting that only Crystal (and Kathy? Was Kathy actually “helping”?) tried to help Kyle get dinner on the table. My mom used to bring the family to dinner parties/gatherings. She’d tell her hosts, “My daughter will do the dishes.” She never ran this by me in advance. (Reminder: I’m the third-born daughter of Chinese immigrants.)

Lol about the dishes @hoodooznoodooz!    I can't decide if Crystal was helping Kyle or just wanted a reason not to be in the other conversation in the living room.  Either way, it was nice.  I was impressed that Kyle didn't seemed bothered in the least to be making dinner/putting away groceries/ etc. while her 'guests' were already there.  I would have (and have been) completely overwhelmed. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Lol about the dishes @hoodooznoodooz!    I can't decide if Crystal was helping Kyle or just wanted a reason not to be in the other conversation in the living room.  Either way, it was nice.  I was impressed that Kyle didn't seemed bothered in the least to be making dinner/putting away groceries/ etc. while her 'guests' were already there.  I would have (and have been) completely overwhelmed. 

That’s a very good point: Kyle was extremely calm, considering. Even after dropping the bottles of spices/herbs. I’d be a babbling idiot. And that’s probably why I never entertain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Both Kyle and Crystal appear to do a lot of cooking and are incredibly comfortable in the kitchen, so it is probably a natural dynamic. 
I am not a cook nor do I enjoy cooking, thank goodness for my husband. That being said, while I wouldn’t naturally gravitate to helping make a meal, I would step up to do other things to help make it happen. It’s what happens with me on girl trips.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 12
(edited)

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

No. Just no.

Reminds me of an old episode of Judge Judy I saw recently. An ex boyfriend wouldn't pay back an ex girlfriend.  Judy said "ok so you want me to believe that if you didn't pay her back:

1) it's because it was a "gift," not a loan. 

2) she caused you to lose your job, so she owes you the $$ anyway.

3) you were mugged before you could pay her back so no longer owe it. 

....so is the Erika Jayne defense. Just covering all the bases in one girls' dinner. Tom fell Off a cliff while possibly cheating on her & misappropriating funds? Ok. Sure. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 7/21/2021 at 9:22 PM, Emmeline said:

I thought this episode was rather enjoyable.  It was a good balance of the women’s everyday lives, some humor, and of course the Erika drama.  Thank god for no drama between the ladies.  

Agreed. I also loved Kyle's house.

• Love 8
On 7/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, TattleTeeny said:

OH MY GOODNESS, I just remembered this part from It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!

Okay wait, you guys forgot Austin Powers, here's another retelling of Tom calling to Erika from the bottom of the cliff:

• LOL 19

I am dying of laughter.  Every. Time. I. Read. This. Thread.

Y'all are just amazing and hilarious!

I really shouldn't find so much humor in an old man, driving off a cliff, but here we are.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think it's because she's a pro tbh. Kyle's probably one of the more domestic housewives. She reminds me of more traditional women. She got married young. She had a large family. She's Jewish and does a monthly Shabbat dinner. She has been homemaking for almost as many years as I've been alive. I can't relate to vast majority of this, but I find it so endearing. It makes her come across more down to earth and less superficial. I remember season 1 she had the best guess for what a gallon of milk costs. A lot of this cast seems like they'd starve if it weren't for chefs or Postmates. Kyle seems like she'd handle a normal person's budget better than the rest of them in general. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 21
On 7/27/2021 at 2:48 AM, FlyingEgret said:

Wait... how did she see her husband unconscious? I presumed he had woken up before he called her; but maybe he butt-dialed her when he drove-off/tumbled down the cliff??? 

Thanks for the transcript @glowbug

Butt-dialing.... 😅 This keeps getting better and better! 😅

Thank you for the first laugh of the day! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 7/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, sistermagpie said:

And he was unconscious for 12 hours! Then just woke up and called her, as if from a refreshing nap.

Maybe when Erika left HIM he only realized it when it was in the papers.  I mean perhaps she also was taking a refreshing nap with broken bones falling off a cliff!

I mean what was the convo like as she drug his mangled body up the cliff.  So sorry thought you were with the girlfriend?  Did he laugh it off and say OOOPS I should get a life alert?

I mean no convo about why you were not looking for me?  She said she never confronted him so lets add this to the list of Erika lies.  Come on Rinna - she needs to OWN IT

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK, maybe it's the armchair detective in me, but now I want to find out what movies Erica may have streamed before these events began to unfold!

Oo good observation! Let's get Kyle on the case. 😆 

16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Both Kyle and Crystal appear to do a lot of cooking and are incredibly comfortable in the kitchen, so it is probably a natural dynamic. 
I am not a cook nor do I enjoy cooking, thank goodness for my husband. That being said, while I wouldn’t naturally gravitate to helping make a meal, I would step up to do other things to help make it happen. It’s what happens with me on girl trips.

Crystal was doing the bar tending, too! I can't imagine just sitting around, expecting to be served, instead of doing something to help. It's fun to chat while working together, in my experience.

BFB7C966-A7C6-4435-A74E-72E28F92FC05.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/27/2021 at 12:54 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Crystal’s pink TH dress is terrible.

I thought the dress was really cute, but I found it an odd choice for Crystal since it conveyed childlike and innocent tones, and nothing like Crystal herself.  Maybe she is trying to rehab her image some from the bad press she was getting?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Is there one? My DVR doesn't have it in the "Scheduled" list!

It's not listed on Cox cable tonight in my neck of the woods. It's Family Karma all evening til 10:30 p.m. Then Potomac, Shahs. But no RHOBH. What is going on?

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

It's not listed on Cox cable tonight in my neck of the woods. It's Family Karma all evening til 10:30 p.m. Then Potomac, Shahs. But no RHOBH. What is going on?

They're still busy dragging old Tom up from the cliff!

Its not on my directv schedule either. Hmm wonder why they're waiting a week?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

They're still busy dragging old Tom up from the cliff!

Its not on my directv schedule either. Hmm wonder why they're waiting a week?

It's planned. The episode thread has the original air date as 8/4.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's planned. The episode thread has the original air date as 8/4.

Oh thanks! It's not showing up yet on my guide.

My conspiracy mind is saying Erika's lawyers are trying to force a re-edit because she's coming off awful, but then my logical mind kicks in and says that they're probably just stretching the season out a bit for whatever reason. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I really just watched this episode. First time FF to Erika Jayne parts (the rest generally bore me). 

IMO Kathy Hilton is really funny. Just got what the candle thing was. Her serving that bread with dinner would have been hysterical if they left it there (they didn’t).

Love that big white fuzzy purse. I was impressed to see there is a noticeable stain in a bottom corner (see me - it’s rightfully well loved).

I have to give Erika Jayne credit. She likes to eat and doesn’t hide it (see me). Her plate was empty when they took it away. She must work her ass off to keep that figure which does not look like to me is naturally thin (see me - same age and I now have to go to gym everyday, watch what I eat with far less impressive results😒). I also assume Cool Sculpt is heavily involved.

Maybe she’ll get chunky. I kinda doubt it cause she needs to hook the next fish. I’m also thinking for the same reason she’ll try and keep all the facials, lasers, fillers to the last minute she can. She’s getting a little long in the tooth. Looks fabulous for 50 though now.

Let’s watch what happens…😜

Edited by Jennifersdc
Very minor
  • Love 7
(edited)

Sorry - back again. Still watching.

I just realized Kyle introduced the “car accident” conversation that led to the whole Wylie Coyote/Road Runner thing about driving off a cliff (comments and clips are priceless BTW). 

Coincidence? You be the judge…

Edited by Jennifersdc
Very minor
  • LOL 10
13 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Sorry - back again. Still watching.

I just realized Kyle introduced the “car accident” conversation that led to the whole Wylie Coyote/Road Runner thing about driving off a cliff (comments and clips are priceless BTW). 

Coincidence? You be the judge…

Haha coyote and road runner! Now we know how Tom really fell down the cliff. Meep meep 

73587CCC-CE95-43F8-9AD3-58BEDDAC6902.gif

• LOL 11