Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

This is what Jim Boob looks like before sexy times with the wife. That's what Mechelle looks like during sexy times. 

Walmart can hire these people for a commercial. Have lunch in Walmart. Get your car serviced in Walmart. Take a pregnancy test in a Walmart bathroom.

Yeah, hillbillies come in different stripes. Many are not religious. Many don't want a bunch of younguns.

You know you're a Duggar if you know mama's menstrual cycle.

I doubt Michelle ever made that ecstasy face with JB. I just made myself nauseous. 🤢

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Considering how much his smug face sets my teeth on edge AND makes me think he's very much in the mold of Josh, I do have to take note of the fact that JD and Abbie left their precious little girl with these two -- and that Jeb was the one who first noticed Gracie was calling for water.    Neither one of those things would have been true about Josh.  Hopefully those are some glimmers of positivity with a baby on the way, because in this family that can't be taken for granted.

• Love 12

If they thought that naming the baby after some Wal-Mart related thing in order to get sponsorships and money from the company, you can bet they'd at least seriously consider it. 

I used to work at a Dollar Tree not too far from some really trashy apartments. We eventually had to keep the pregnancy tests behind the counter because we had so many women take them off the shelf, use the test in the bathroom, and then leave without paying for it. Super classy, let me tell you. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
44 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

If they thought that naming the baby after some Wal-Mart related thing in order to get sponsorships and money from the company, you can bet they'd at least seriously consider it. 

71C6gU7iyNL._AC_SX466_.jpg

They'll name it Roy. They'll be poor enough for an all-dogfood diet soon enough.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, Zella said:

On behalf of other hillbillies, I'd just like to say that I have some pretty serious white trash in the family, and none of them have ever taken a pregnancy test in a Walmart bathroom. And if they did, they at least had the dignity to not tell other people. I feel like this is somehow a level below standard hillbilly behavior. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't even know how to classify it. 

I hate to top you, but I know people who would not think taking a pregnancy test in Walmart was odd in any way. I’m not kidding!   😝

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hate to top you, but I know people who would not think taking a pregnancy test in Walmart was odd in any way. I’m not kidding!   😝

I'm not surprised at all, I work at a grocery store and there are used pregnancy tests in the trash of the public restrooms all the time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CandyCaneTree said:

Did they pay for the test before she took it 🤔?

Lol, that’s what I want to know! I kid you not, but hubs and I were driving through Arkansas to visit his parents and stopped by a CVS and I saw an opened empty pregnancy test wrapper shoved in with some magazines and had to laugh that someone just used the bathroom to do a pregnancy test that had just stolen! (At least I’m assuming that’s what happened)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm both alarmed and intrigued! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I used to work at a Dollar Tree not too far from some really trashy apartments. We eventually had to keep the pregnancy tests behind the counter because we had so many women take them off the shelf, use the test in the bathroom, and then leave without paying for it. Super classy, let me tell you. 

I work in a grocery store that has a pharmacy, and I have found half empty boxes of tampons and condoms hidden throughout the store. Also an empty Monistat box. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, graefin said:

I love how the other people in the audience are basically looking at them like they're freaks.

Lol the people where looking at them like your having a baby wow, who gives a damn 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Lol the people where looking at them like your having a baby wow, who gives a damn 😆

To which they replied, "We're from families where that's the only thing anybody gives a damn about! And in his family, once the baby is born, they give way less of a damn about its name or its abilities or its personality than about its number!" 

And the other people backed away from them as fast as possible, looking disturbed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I'm so puzzled by the pregnancy test in Walmart thing!? I know there are people who take these tests at WMT, CVS etc. but I always assumed they were teen girls without money for a test/afraid to take the test home or women otherwise in some kind of abusive home life situation who will be seeking to abort if pregnant but don't want the dad to know, not an "upstanding" married couple actively trying for a baby.

They stopped at WMT bc they both needed to go to the bathroom. Uh did they not just leave church - couldn't have gone there? Or how far is their home from this church - can't hold it for 10 min? Let's face it, it was a - we must stop at WMT to get a test on the way home, OMG I can't wait 10 whole min to get home, let's just do it now . . . .

Took Jed a while to figure out the legos huh? They've been married for 5ish months I think. If they're having sex many times/wk with no protection, how could it take that long?

I guess Justin and whoever he's married to is up next - I mean he's been married 7ish months and is a horny 18 yr old, so unclear what's taking so long over there.

AND IDK why I think this but didn't some other Duggar take a pregnancy test in a public bathroom because they HAD TO KNOW?? I want to say it was Joy but IDK where I'm getting that (I could be totally wrong maybe it was one of the Teen Moms)?? But in any event we've seen fundie desperation to know about pregnancy RIGHT NOW. I def remember the episode where "special friends" Gil and Kelly were visiting with their brood and had to break the news they were pregnant and just found out on the way to Arkansas in a truck stop bathroom!? I believe that ended up being pregnancy 18 or 19 - so both couples knew the end was near and were especially desperate re all matters concerning pregnancy.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

As for going at church, perhaps the building doesn't have restrooms? Anything is possible with these clowns. Their new church is in Rogers, and they live in Springdale. Perhaps @Zella could give us an idea how long of a ride that is? 

Rogers and Springdale are pretty close to each other, so it wouldn't be as lengthy as driving from, say, Bentonville to Fayetteville, which are what Rogers and Springdale are sandwiched in between. Without knowing exact addresses, I don't know how long the drive is, but I wouldn't expect it to be very long, especially if they hop on the interstate. 

14 hours ago, cereality said:

AND IDK why I think this but didn't some other Duggar take a pregnancy test in a public bathroom because they HAD TO KNOW??

I think our first TLC introduction to the Bates included the fun fact that Ma Bates had taken a pregnancy test in a gas station bathroom.

• LOL 5
29 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think our first TLC introduction to the Bates included the fun fact that Ma Bates had taken a pregnancy test in a gas station bathroom.

I must live a very sheltered life.  Not only did I not know that taking pregnancy tests in public bathrooms happens frequently, it has never crossed my mind as occurring at all.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I must live a very sheltered life.  Not only did I not know that taking pregnancy tests in public bathrooms happens frequently, it has never crossed my mind as occurring at all.

It makes some sense when a woman is stealing the test (such that it is), but otherwise, why on earth can’t someone wait until they get home? 

• Love 14

It makes some sense when a woman is stealing the test (such that it is), but otherwise, why on earth can’t someone wait until they get home? 

Remember when Anna Duggar admitted she took pregnancy tests on her honeymoon? Because that's not weird or proof that you only married your husband to get a baby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I can think of a lot of reasons, including that the test-taker is a teen in a home with little personal privacy, married but not to the potential father, or single but in a living situation where taking the test at home in privacy would be difficult/impossible. Or - doesn't have a home to go to.

• Love 10
On 9/7/2021 at 7:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have known people like that too.  They're not necessarily "hillbillies"; it's more just obsessed/desperate to be pregnant.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Champion Motor Cars is Jed/JBs - registered llc under their accountants name on Arkansas SOS. (not the Josh car lot)

I believe Jed and Katey are living in the house behind the car lot. JB/meech trust owns it, and I think it is the one the Caldwell family lived in for a few years. Jed's voter registration is that address.

Jed also has Ambassador Properties llc which purchased a vacant lot in Bella Vista, which Jason's llc built a house on and Joe had listed and it is sold or pending. I think that's how it worked - it gets hard to follow some of their real estate shenanigans.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2

Honestly, I didn't think anything of Katey peeing on a pregnancy stick in Walmart...unless she didn't pay for it. 

That's essentially what Juno did at the beginning of the movie - only it wasn't a Walmart, it was a convenience store. And at least she paid for the damn test. That's where you get that awesome line from Dwight from the Office..."this is one doodle that can't be undid" as she was shaking the pregnancy test. 

Now, Katey blathering on and on about peeing in Walmart on social media...that's fair game.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, TeeVeeWatcher said:

The tests are clearly a lot more sensitive than they used to be - because 25+ years ago you had to take it first thing in the morning to get a result at all. This middle-of-the-day thing, regardless of where you were, wouldn't have worked.

And they were a lot more expensive. I worked at Planned Parenthood in the early 90s and we did nonstop pregnancy testing. 

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I can think of a lot of reasons, including that the test-taker is a teen in a home with little personal privacy, married but not to the potential father, or single but in a living situation where taking the test at home in privacy would be difficult/impossible. Or - doesn't have a home to go to.

That’s why they all used to come to Planned parenthood for tests. And they got a lot of education and resources as well. Such a shame that so many have been closed.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Does Jed actually own the used car business, or is it really all controlled by Jim Bob if you follow the trail of paperwork?

JB owns it - Josiah was also listed as a Manager for a while, but removed in late 2020.

Officers

JEDEDIAH DUGGAR , Manager
JAMES R DUGGAR , Incorporator/Organizer

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1