Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kory Duggar would be really cute, although I'm sure they'll go with something Biblical.

All first names are eclipsed by the unpleasant, clunky “Duggar” surname. 

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

That reminds me of Flowers in the Attic. Cathy named her son a combination of Cory and Julian. 

Yes! I immediately thought of that.

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, Cathy's ballet teacher/abusive lover.

First husband, too.

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I wonder what the kid will be named.

I suggest 

Matteo 

Valentino

Milo

Sebastian

Ted 

Radley

Wyatt

Gary 

Bruce

Not Milo...that's my new(ish) grandson's name, and I don't relish seeing it attached to a Duggar.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if the baby has been born, and they're waiting for the best magazine offer to make the announcement. 

Jed! and Katie will be waiting a long time for any publication to make an offer.  The Met Gala was last night, there is a very high profile celebrity court case going on in Virginia, there is also another high profile court case going on involving the Kardashians, not to mention some pretty big political news that broke last night.  People, US Weekly, etc. have more to "report" on than a D-list celebrity from a cancelled TV show having a baby.

• Love 17

Some kind of Reddit leak is saying that the baby was born and his name is Truett. The debate is raging whether or not this is better or worse than Spurgeon (consensus is better). Take this with whatever sized grain of salt you'd like...

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Some kind of Reddit leak is saying that the baby was born and his name is Truett. The debate is raging whether or not this is better or worse than Spurgeon (consensus is better). Take this with whatever sized grain of salt you'd like...

Chick-fil-A shoutout?

• LOL 9
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Apparently it came from Jed and Katey's private Insta account. Also, nothing could be worse than Spurgeon. Trust.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

We don't have hate chicken around here. What's the connection?

The founder is S Truett Cathy. 

Interestingly, apparently there was also a famous SBC president named Truett as well (surname). Maybe that's who Cathy was named after himself? In any event, I found it interesting that in the announcement they only gave the literal name meaning. My free chicken theory already feels dead in the water. 🐔

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

Truett, or more so True, sounds a little feminine to me. Anyone else think baby True looks a little like Izzy?

An aside, People just featured the birth of Tori Roloff's 3rd child. I haven't seen nary a mention of this latest Duggar birth.

• Love 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Truett, or more so True,

I'd somehow never internalized the fact it actually ends with 2 Ts until tonight, so every time I see it spelled out, my mind panics and thinks it's a typo.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Truett, or more so True, sounds a little feminine to me. Anyone else think baby True looks a little like Izzy?

An aside, People just featured the birth of Tori Roloff's 3rd child. I haven't seen nary a mention of this latest Duggar birth.

They just officially announced like half an hour ago. People will probably have a blurb up in the morning.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't know about that.  I once had a student whose name was spelled Shithead--pronounced Sha-thad.  True story.  Also Sundaycarbirth.  His name was too long for his medical card.  Also a baby girl named Meconium.  Her mom thought it was such a beautiful word.   Parents come up with some interesting stuff.  It is really sad when Spurgeon is preferable.

The "Shithead" name thing is a racist urban legend. I'm sure the others are too. Please don't spread this stuff. 

• Love 5

Argh, now I have to share my birthday with the spawn of the third-most-irritating Duggar male. I jinxed it -- shouldn't have said anything last week or whenever it was. 

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Argh, now I have to share my birthday with the spawn of the third-most-irritating Duggar male. I jinxed it -- shouldn't have said anything last week or whenever it was. 

My sympathies. I have so far avoided sharing my birthday with a Duggar.

Who's the second most irritating Duggar male? Are we counting Boob?  

• LOL 2
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

My sympathies. I have so far avoided sharing my birthday with a Duggar.

Who's the second most irritating Duggar male? Are we counting Boob?  

Yes, Jim Bob is the second-most irritating. Number one, of course, is the family felon. I'd nominate one of the unmarried, bearded howlers to be #4. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well Ted would have been better.

Truett is as bad as Spurgeon. 

Meh good luck kid… you will need it being an uneducated Duggar in a sea of many many unremarkable/unintelligent Duggar's. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Is he the one who looks like Jed? If so, that's the one I mean. 

Yeah he's the one The Sun kept calling Jed! during the trial and then retracting the misidentification and whom Hilaria is obsessed with. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Is this the third male Duggar to have a male kid? If so I think that means of the Duggar brothers we now have 5 Duggar spawn, so far, to carry on the Duggar name. Michael, Marcus, Mason, Garrett and now Truett.

• Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Birth story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oANoxjDjRQI

I didn't know much about Katey, but she seems to be a delightful person.  How did she get stuck with a Duggar? (rhetorical question)

I agree

And a big plus for a hospital birth, finally some sense in those girls

And of course, nursery in pale non-colours

And final edit - is it usual to get induced on your due date? Where I live, the doctors wait for another 2 weeks, if everything with the baby is ok

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I agree

And a big plus for a hospital birth, finally some sense in those girls

And of course, nursery in pale non-colours

And final edit - is it usual to get induced on your due date? Where I live, the doctors wait for another 2 weeks, if everything with the baby is ok

I was induced the day before my due date after a check up that morning. The doctor felt my son was going to be over 8 pounds.  He was nine pounds. That was thirty years ago. 
I am more concerned about the article I read, with a photo, that showed Katie eating McDonalds during labor. Has eating during active labor come back into fashion?  I thought that was a no-no in case of complications?

• Love 5