Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

Here is our new thread to discuss Jedidiah (Jed) Duggar and his betrothed Katey Nakatsu. 

All forum rules apply to this thread- and to make it plain, Jed’s political campaign/career/aspirations etc are NOT to be discussed in this thread unless or until they are mentioned on an EPISODE of the show- please review the Politics Policy

If you have questions please PM the forum mods, @Scarlett45 & @deaja.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Guesses on where the newlyweds will live? Bunk bed jokes aside. 

I've heard rumors that Jed and Jer never moved out of the house in Springdale. If so, Jer can move back home and take the girls' beds with him. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've heard rumors that Jed and Jer never moved out of the house in Springdale. If so, Jer can move back home and take the girls' beds with him. 

I read (probably another forum) Bert’s and Ernie’s “bachelor pad”  allegedly sold.

• Useful 3
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

I read (probably another forum) Bert’s and Ernie’s “bachelor pad”  allegedly sold.

I heard that as well, but the rumors that they never moved are more recent. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Jer posted a few days ago about a sunset "back" at the big house. Definitely worded like he was a visitor, not a resident. Of course, take everything with huge boulders of salt. 😀

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Take, not rake!
  • Love 6

The skeptic in me thinks they never lived at that house. JB is too much of a control freak to allow sinner twin alone with Jed. And the Duggars are habitual liars. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Mentee where?

I have no clue. He follows Jed on IG, but Jed doesn't follow him back. But there are evidently some pics/videos of him and Jed together, so it's not like they don't know each other.

https://entertainmentchronicle.com/2021/03/22/jedidiah-duggars-engagement-wedding-best-friend/

Tristan Jamal Miller on Instagram: “i can’t believe my bestfriend is getting married soon 2 weeks from now love you jed❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMt73DiBzqO/

Tristan Jamal Miller on Instagram: “Black Friday shopping was very fun with y’all today 😎🍁

(So much for buy used and save the difference)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIHHUCosrqN/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I think the fact that the Nakatsus apparently relocated to Arkansas a few months ago indicates they're definitely going to be in NWA rather than Arizona. 

I wonder if they knew about the deal and got the cash and mountain bike. 🤣

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Anyone aware of Tristan Jamal Miller (username heardtristan on IG)? He's claiming to be Jed!'s best friend, but I heard he was actually Jed's mentee. 

So now not just Anna, but Jed!, has "mentees"? 

Geez. Somebody drag the innocent young people away from these poisonous carriers of the Gothard Drown Your Spirit In Bullshit Virus before it's too late. 

Looks like Jed!'s trying to show he's a man of all the people here by "mentoring" interracially, no less. 

What in the world does this super-sheltered, utterly uneducated, never-held-a-job-that-wasn't-for-Daddy, lived-all-his-life-in-a-bubble-but-still-arrogant-as-heck young jerk imagine he actually has to teach others? I can't imagine what he thinks he knows beyond the Gothard-and-JB-and-M crap, since they all preach that that's the only thing you need to know. 

But the Duggs are so arrogant (Jed! and Anna both being high on the list of Duggarlings and adjacents who drip smug-and-arrogant from every pore), I'm sure they snow an alarming number of people easily. Theyve certainly snowed tv audiences over the years. We all tend to take other people at their own valuation and Anna and Jed! value themselves very highly, so they've got a head start on the deception.

It sickens me that they're so engaged in trying to pass their crap along to more people when it's clear that they actually care for no one. I remember the pictures of Jed! at the veterans' home a year or two ago. All the while he bragged about how close he was to the elderly vets and how much he did for them, the pictures made clear that he didn't give a flying crap for them and they seemed to have no idea who he even was. 

All hype, no substance, this crew. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

This "BFF" lists himself as an actor. It seems he might have done a video spot for Jed!, so maybe its a friendship of opportunity on both sides?

Yeah, wouldn't be surprising if it's all basically scripted and phony. The Duggs have learned to live their lives that way. 

In this case, I'd prefer it to a scenario in which Jed! actually pretends to "mentor" someone in real life. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Who did Anna mentor? 

I don't remember the names but there have been some social-media posts from people in the Duggs' circle over the past couple years in which at least a couple teenish? young women have mentioned that Anna's their mentor and that she's such a great one and they've learned so much from her.

One noted not long ago that she's been mentored by Anna and now she's mentoring Hannie.....(as if this were a good thing...)

Don't know if they're people whose families Anna's met through the cult or just through whatever church they go to. I'd guess the cult, but I don't know. 

Sends a chill through my veins, though. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Who did Anna mentor? 

Lydia Patton was the one who posted how she had "wisdom poured into her by Anna and was now pouring that wisdom into Johannah." Lydia and Elizabeth Patton have been shown at TTH many times with Anna and Johanna. also with Emily Peters. Cousin Emily long rumored as live in sister mom for the M kids.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, not you again said:

I wonder if their form of religion is similar to the SBC church I grew up in, and our community in general.  Easter consisted of Easter Sunday, and still not much of an observance then, other than HE IS RISEN and the choir having special music.  There was a mention regarding Palm Sunday on Palm Sunday, and that was it.  It was only when people from elsewhere moved in (and I began going to a Presbyterian church) that more of an emphasis was on Holy Week, as well as Ash Wednesday, Lent, Maundy Thursday services, etc.  But still the Easter season and Holy Week is nothing like in the Catholic church, for sure.

So it could be that except for new spring outfits, in their church, it's mostly just another Sunday, and why not get these kids married off now.

That's my take on it too. I really don't think most SBC churches and similar denominations, mark the Easter season with the series of observances that other Christian churches do. The Easter Sunday service itself may have some special aspects, as noted, but that's about it.

I'm from a similar religious background, and TBH I didn't even raise an eyebrow over the wedding date in relation to Easter. I think that the Saturday before Easter Sunday is just not a special day for them. It was never for me, either, back in my more devout religious era. It was interesting and informative to read all the comments from people in different churches who do observe the Easter Season and Holy Week with so many observances. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Scheduling a wedding around any holiday is a bit selfish in regard to guests. Holidays are times when families get together and squeezing a wedding into that time could be very inconvenient. But as I mentioned before, they're likely only inviting other Fundies, so in their world it doesn't really make a difference.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, not you again said:

I wonder if their form of religion is similar to the SBC church I grew up in, and our community in general.  Easter consisted of Easter Sunday, and still not much of an observance then, other than HE IS RISEN and the choir having special music.  There was a mention regarding Palm Sunday on Palm Sunday, and that was it.  It was only when people from elsewhere moved in (and I began going to a Presbyterian church) that more of an emphasis was on Holy Week, as well as Ash Wednesday, Lent, Maundy Thursday services, etc.  But still the Easter season and Holy Week is nothing like in the Catholic church, for sure.

I've only been to one IFB service, but I expect it's similar to how the IFB takes out almost anything liturgical out of the SBC service so it would be even less of a notice of Easter Sunday and a complete ignoring of any Holy Week events.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I've only been to one IFB service, but I expect it's similar to how the IFB takes out almost anything liturgical out of the SBC service so it would be even less of a notice of Easter Sunday and a complete ignoring of any Holy Week events.

If Easter is not important, then what is? (For any Christian)

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

?? Records search?

No reason why we can’t post the link .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9419401/amp/Jim-Bob-Michelle-Duggar-son-Jed-22-365-000-house-prepares-tie-knot.html

Now that's a wedding gift! Counting On stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar give son Jed, 22, a $365K house as he gets set to marry fiancée Katey Nakatsu this weekend - just six weeks after they got engaged

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jed got a $365,000 house as a gift from daddy. 

So I guess he really must be the current golden boy. Yeesh. If so, JB's a terrible picker. The smarmy-and-smug look and attitude must be his favorite thing. Yuck. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So I guess he really must be the current golden boy. Yeesh. If so, JB's a terrible picker. The smarmy-and-smug look and attitude must be his favorite thing. Yuck. 

The house is 4 miles from the tin mansion. Ugh.

• Useful 5