Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

On the timeline for Jed! and Katey, Jed and Jer were with Jim Bob, Jeremy, Felicity, and pregnant Jinger in Arizona last year. They probably were visiting the Nakatsus, because why else go to Arizona? 

The family also seems to have been active in IBLP circles, so probably they met the Duggars at Big Sandy.

Kory seems to have joined IBLP after his divorce. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

On the timeline for Jed! and Katey, Jed and Jer were with Jim Bob, Jeremy, Felicity, and pregnant Jinger in Arizona last year. They probably were visiting the Nakatsus, because why else go to Arizona? 

The family also seems to have been active in IBLP circles, so probably they met the Duggars at Big Sandy.

Below is a link to a Duggar/Nakatsu picture from October 2019 (Jed & Katey suspiciously (or not) absent from this photo).  Also, the AZ pic with the Vuolos that we all saw last May, in a restaurant that is apparently in the next town over from the Nakatsus. It seems the families at least had an awareness of each other for some time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3N6r9VhKVh/?utm_source=ig_embed

image.png.1de7402c12f51447f555b11cef60ccd1.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well Kate's family seems more diverse than the usual Duggar bride. She seems to love and value her gay brother. So hopefully she's made of a strong constitution and won't just be a mindless churner of babies.

ETA: I always wonder if it secretly hurts the Duggars' hearts when they see families who actually like each other despite, uh, "sins" like being gay or whatnot. Like that's a level of familial affection they're just not acquainted with.

I hope the majority of Duggs don't just feel superior instead. But I wouldn't bet against that. They've certainly been indoctrinated in that direction.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Bateses were already calling the Kory and Kerry Nakatsu "sweet friends" years ago -- as far back as 2014/2015, at least.

I posted somewhere upthread about Gil and Kelly visiting them in Arizona once, accompanied by Nathan and Tori. There are some pictures from that visit that look suspiciously like Batesian attempts to hook up Nathan and Katey, although there's no written confirmation of that, just photos with Nathan and Katey placed in a squeezed-together position next to each other.  Of course, Katey was just a mid-teenager then.....and Nathan appears to be unhookable.....

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

6742A4F9-A3B2-4984-B582-46EBF513431A.jpeg

1621DE23-CE66-4CF2-B064-EB6ED6118F9E.jpeg

Yeah, Joy, your brothers all feel things are looking up as soon as they're allowed to envision a fully sanctioned, real live actual orgasm in their futures......instead of being assigned to listen to Jer preach sermons outlawing even the thought of those. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sure "perfect for each other" as one finds out after knowing each other for a hot minute, and never being alone to talk because of reasons, and never being able to divorce because of family pressure, what could go wrong?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 12
(edited)

I would be bet that none of these parents (Duggars and adjacents) had their marriages/courtships controlled by their parents. Assuming that their marriages are terrific, and that they dated but didn’t “sin” before marriage, why the prohibition against their kids doing the same? Their hypocrisy is crazy. 

Jed and Katey are so in love and best friends! Because they are married, not because they felt that way before they got married. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 24
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You can enlarge this one (with the photographer) to get a better look at Katey's dress. Looks like she eschewed cap sleeves by adding a lace overlay.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNOn7bhsCMN/?igshid=rl04hsw4dcfl

So she took a perfectly fine dress and turned it into a Frankenstein Wedding Gown. I mean, it’s not like it was too obvious or anything that lace was added to cap sleeves. It’s like they didn’t even try.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So she took a perfectly fine dress and turned it into a Frankenstein Wedding Gown. I mean, it’s not like it was too obvious or anything that lace was added to cap sleeves. It’s like they didn’t even try.

So it's crazy to show the world you didn't have time to have the cap sleeves removed and longer sleeves inserted by a competent seamstress so you just slapped new sleeves over the cap sleeves because you decided to get married so fast? And maybe 4 sleeves are more godly than 2 sleeves?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

So it's crazy to show the world you didn't have time to have the cap sleeves removed and longer sleeves inserted by a competent seamstress so you just slapped new sleeves over the cap sleeves because you decided to get married so fast? And maybe 4 sleeves are more godly than 2 sleeves?

Or you have 4 sleeves to advertise how modest you are.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think this is more likely.  These people like to flaunt their holier-than-thou selves as often as possible.  Take a look at any bridal dress shop; there are plenty of dresses with sleeves that can be bought off the rack.  There are also multiple manufacturers who will change the dress to the customer's specifications, including taking a cap sleeve style and converting it to a sleeved dress.  Supposedly Jed and Katey have been courting and working towards marriage for the better part of a year.  Considering how rarely these courtships don't end in marriage, there's no reason she couldn't have ordered a gown last fall.  Except that, she wanted the world to know that she is way too pure for a simple cap sleeve.  What we view as tacky and unattractive, she views as proof of her virginity and modesty.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

maybe 4 sleeves are more godly than 2 sleeves?

Sounds like a rule Bill Gothard would approve of! 😁

ETA: Day late and dollar short again. 🙃

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Part that really floors me is “naturally I will focus on my own needs first “.  Really? Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Anna, but Jesus will tell me when I’ve started another woman’s tits for too long ...

Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Jim Bob, but I’ll throw you a bone and give you two minutes of pumping time a week to keep you docile....

Considering these people believe that everyone would be raping and pillaging without the fear of god to hold them in check, yeah, I guess it's "natural"for them to be selfish pricks.

I often consider myself to be a cynical misanthrope, and then fundies speak and I think, "Huh, I must have a rosier view of humanity that I thought."

3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Well, I'm sure Katey has been "Jedded" by now.

I hate/love you.

3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I would be bet that none of these parents (Duggars and adjacents) had their marriages/courtships controlled by their parents. Assuming that their marriages are terrific, and that they dated but didn’t “sin” before marriage, why the prohibition against their kids doing the same? Their hypocrisy is crazy. 

Jed and Katey are so in love and best friends! Because they are married, not because they felt that way before they got married. 

They've convinced themselves that their pasts are sinful and, even though their marriages are great, it makes them said that they ever made the baby Jesus cry. And anything bad that ever happens must stem from those sins.

That, and/or they're egomaniacal control freaks with no internal "logic" guiding them.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why not go by Kate? Especially when she is going to be a mother next year.

I don’t go by a cutesy nickname since elementary school. 

Let's not forget "Dubby" - but the was Hilaria of course

• LOL 7

Only in the Duggerverse does the photographer get included in a shot with the bride and groom bragging about how the LORD has done whatever was good for her biz. Shocking how those goals coincide.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Why not go by Kate? Especially when she is going to be a mother next year.

I don’t go by a cutesy nickname since elementary school. 

Why go by a nickname at all? I prefer Kateyn, anyway. Have I told you how much I usually hate nicknames? 🤣

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Because the longer sleeves were SEE THROUGH!  You could see her shoulders.  Remember Meechelle saying shoulders must be covered because it was so much temptation.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never realized this was an unpopular opinion, but I honestly don't mind nicknames and really don't care if she would rather go by Katey versus Kate. Same with Jed! versus Jedidiah.

I side-eye the spelling of Katey versus Katie more, to be honest, but if that's what she prefers, it's fine with me. It's not my name, so no skin off my teeth. 

I’m pretty sure mine is the unpopular opinion. Most people seem to love nicknames. I’ve just always been prickly and weird. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m pretty sure mine is the unpopular opinion. Most people seem to love nicknames. I’ve just always been prickly and weird. 🙂

I have my own things I'm weird and prickly about, so I don't judge! Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Because the longer sleeves were SEE THROUGH!  You could see her shoulders.  Remember Meechelle saying shoulders must be covered because it was so much temptation.

Her dress doesn't look all that bad. Yes, they added sleeves where they weren't needed, but it still looks better than Erin Bateseses' dress, or Joy's, or especially, that monstrosity that Mullet wore for her wedding 2.0. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hopefully Kat is resting after being poked by Jed for 2 minutes. Did they get that $2500 bed?

Now Jedi truly is smugly strutting around.

Well, did DID vow to put his needs first so...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hopefully Kat is resting after being poked by Jed for 2 minutes. Did they get that $2500 bed?

Now Jedi truly is smugly strutting around.

2 minutes is awfully generous a few seconds more likely.

• LOL 14
31 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

2 minutes is awfully generous a few seconds more likely.

It probably took him two minutes to figure out how to insert Tab A into Slot B. Hopefully there was a little foreplay. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Below is a link to a Duggar/Nakatsu picture from October 2019 (Jed & Katey suspiciously (or not) absent from this photo).  Also, the AZ pic with the Vuolos that we all saw last May, in a restaurant that is apparently in the next town over from the Nakatsus. It seems the families at least had an awareness of each other for some time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3N6r9VhKVh/?utm_source=ig_embed

image.png.1de7402c12f51447f555b11cef60ccd1.png

Thank you for posting this! Jed! is holding Felicity. This picture is from 2020, not 2019, and it surfaced around June originally.  You can tell it's from 2020 as the waitstaff are wearing facemasks. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Thank you for posting this! Jed! is holding Felicity. This picture is from 2020, not 2019, and it surfaced around June originally.  You can tell it's from 2020 as the waitstaff are wearing facemasks. 

You're welcome! The Duggar/Nakatsu is from 2019. The one with the Vuolos is May 2020.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

It probably took him two minutes to figure out how to insert Tab A into Slot B. Hopefully there was a little foreplay. 

I doubt either of them know what foreplay is, much less how to do it. 

• Love 11

I wonder what Katey’s mom and brother thought when they heard these vows. Maybe they loved every word, but I would be incensed to hear my daughter or sister pledging to be an obedient broodmare 🤮

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Suddenly it seems that Jim Bob is in a rush to get all of the over 18 kids married off ASAP. I have to wonder why.

Homeland security is about to come down on him hard? And he needs to expand his power base before the inevitable prison term? And get a bunch of dependents off of him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6