Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is the exception, sort of. But she and Derick still went with cash from daddy to finance their life so far.

I mean, technically it was Jill’s money.  She earned it, Albeit against her will. The courts back them up on that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I mean, technically it was Jill’s money.  She earned it, Albeit against her will. The courts back them up on that.

Oh yes I agree on that. All the kids should have been paid/have trusts from working on the show. But in Duggar theory Derick should have been able to support her without it. Not saying I agree with that at all. But that is the crap they have spouted for years. JB must have feared the courts wouldn't agree and settled. They also seem to forget the man supports his wife/is the breadwinner, as all the married duggar women are shilling things or are "content creators" for some site to get a few bucks

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

This is from FB, in case I’m not the only one who will NEVER watch any of this.

Well, the secret wedding of Jed and Katey is over. They cut the livestream after the vows and after Jed and Katey walked off the stage to prepare for some Baptist fundie version of communion. I only know communion through the ancient Catholic tradition so I'm not sure what they were up to. The video did not return for the first kiss. Whatever... The video,half the wedding, is up to rewatch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn8uVCTK6Fghalf  

I dictated Jed's vows here for all to enjoy. Katey's are basically the same except she added in all the submissive crap that often leads to abuse for women. The transcript may have some small errors but I tried. 

Jed: "Katey, In Genesis we read therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife. And they too shall be one flesh (sexy time). God has ordained that the husband shall be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband, to love unconditionally, as Christ loved the church. Apart from Christ, I cannot love you, listen to you, or protect you as I should. Naturally, I would focus on my own needs instead of yours. With Christ and by His grace, I found to be your humble spiritual leader, to be a man of the word, to remain faithful to you to stay open with you. Encourage you protect you. Listen to your needs and love you, whether you are healthy, sick, rich or poor and or old. It's my desire and delight to follow scriptural teachings in growing God's word together. As long as we both shall live, on my heart I make these vows to you."  

My favorite part is their thinking that without Christ all men are selfish narcissistic beasts to their wives. Some of the best marriages I've known have been non Christians.

7A0A791C-FFB6-414C-8622-11481E835944.jpeg

The link is still private.  Lol Sounds incredibly boring anyway.

• Love 4
(edited)

reddit has the vows. They’re awful.

Jed: Katey, in Genesis we read, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Gods ordaine that the husband will be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband to love unconditionally as Christ loves the church. Apart from Christ I cannot love you, listen to you or protect you as I should. Naturally I will focus one my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to be you humble spiritual leader. To be a man of the word, to remain faithful to you, to stay open with you, guard you, protect you, listen to your needs, and love you whether you are healthy or sick, rich or poor, young or old. It is my desire in your life to hold scriptural teachings and grow in Gods work together as long as we both shall live. On my heart I make these vows to you. 

Katey: Jed, in Ephesians we read "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." And in proverbs it says "The heart of the husband trusteth in her and he shall have no lack of gain she does him good not evil all the days of her life. God had ordained that the wife subject to her husband he instructs me as the one will be your wife to submit to your authority as you do to Christ. Apart from Christ I cannot love you, respect you or honor you as I should naturally I will focus on my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to submit to your leadership, pray for you always, trust you, honor you remain faithful to you, be your greatest encourager, listen to your needs and to love you whether you are healthy or sick, rich or poor, young or old. It is my desire in the light to follow you scriptural teachings and grow in Gods work together as long as we both shall live. With all my heart I make these vows to you.

My high school graduation had more oomph.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Agreeing to "submit to the authority" of some 22-year-old guy you barely know AS YOU WOULD SUBMIT TO GOD'S AUTHORITY is a bad, bad idea. For both parties. As well as for their children. 

Hell, she's even gone to school some. He's never been near enough to a school to sniff it.  And whatever he's like on the inside he has the face of an arrogant prick. 

She and whichever of her parents sanction this crap are deranged. 

There are multiple reasons that societies worldwide have moved on or are moving on from this. It's not good for the world at large, either. 

And if they're "just saying it" and "don't totally mean that," then that's a helluva thing, too, isn't it? If that is the case, then how seriously are they actually taking this supposedly "most important day" of her life? A thoughtless false commitment then. Nice. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

This is from FB, in case I’m not the only one who will NEVER watch any of this.

Well, the secret wedding of Jed and Katey is over. They cut the livestream after the vows and after Jed and Katey walked off the stage to prepare for some Baptist fundie version of communion. I only know communion through the ancient Catholic tradition so I'm not sure what they were up to. The video did not return for the first kiss. Whatever... The video,half the wedding, is up to rewatch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn8uVCTK6Fghalf  

I dictated Jed's vows here for all to enjoy. Katey's are basically the same except she added in all the submissive crap that often leads to abuse for women. The transcript may have some small errors but I tried. 

Jed: "Katey, In Genesis we read therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife. And they too shall be one flesh (sexy time). God has ordained that the husband shall be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband, to love unconditionally, as Christ loved the church. Apart from Christ, I cannot love you, listen to you, or protect you as I should. Naturally, I would focus on my own needs instead of yours. With Christ and by His grace, I found to be your humble spiritual leader, to be a man of the word, to remain faithful to you to stay open with you. Encourage you protect you. Listen to your needs and love you, whether you are healthy, sick, rich or poor and or old. It's my desire and delight to follow scriptural teachings in growing God's word together. As long as we both shall live, on my heart I make these vows to you."  

My favorite part is their thinking that without Christ all men are selfish narcissistic beasts to their wives. Some of the best marriages I've known have been non Christians.

7A0A791C-FFB6-414C-8622-11481E835944.jpeg

It occurs to me that these vows don't really mean that much to Jed! and Katie -- this is what they've been raised to believe, but I bet they make all the parents really hot and bothered. Hearing a women promise to "submit" to a man doesn't mean a lot unless you've spent your entire adult life being enraged by autonomous women and terrified of female sexuality.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Agreeing to "submit to the authority" of some 22-year-old guy you barely know AS YOU WOULD SUBMIT TO GOD'S AUTHORITY is a bad, bad idea. For both parties. As well as for their children. 

Hell, she's even gone to school some. He's never been near enough to a school to sniff it.  And whatever he's like on the inside he has the face of an arrogant prick. 

He looks like the kind of guy who definitely is going to expect her to submit to his authority. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Love 1
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

He looks like the kind of guy who definitely is going to expect her to submit to his authority. I hope I'm wrong. 

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Something about Jed leads me to believe he has a nasty streak. I think he's going to take full advantage of his headship status. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from a gossip site

"It appeared that many of Jed's family were there, with his niece Felicity Vuolo acting as one of the flower girls."

https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/20210403110288/counting-on-jed-duggar-married-katey-nakatsu/

So they've really hooked Jana up with a younger man? She's three and a half years older than he is. Would that suggest he's more enlightened than some of his brethren in these circles.....or just highly undesirable for some reason? I mean at Jana's age, she's the dregs, right? 

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why did Katy’s dad move to Arkansas? What is Jim Bob going to give him? 

A second biblical betrothal for his other daughter, when even some people in their circle are saying, "Uh, no." ?? 

Probably not. I'm likely overestimating them. 

Maybe they're going to link their two airplane empires together. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

from same article "The bride stunned fans in a gorgeous white lace gown, with a tulle skirt and three-quarter length sleeves."

what fans does the bride have?? that's my question

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from same article "The bride stunned fans in a gorgeous white lace gown, with a tulle skirt and three-quarter length sleeves."

Yeah, I had the same question. 

I guess in the Z-List Celebrity Press anybody who goes near a Duggar automatically has "fans."  

That should make Hil Spivey happy. 

• Love 11

I so wanted to see the reception and see if any other Duggars got engaged during the reception (Jana). I didn't see a parking lot there so maybe they invited the cows over for a picnic in the pasture?

• LOL 14
35 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I hate the overuse of the word “stun.” I blame the Kardashians. Maybe folks were actually stunned that this wedding was taking place in 21st century America. Also, the cows were totally her dowry.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

There are multiple reasons that societies worldwide have moved on or are moving on from this. It's not good for the world at large, either. 

And if they're "just saying it" and "don't totally mean that," then that's a helluva thing, too, isn't it? If that is the case, then how seriously are they actually taking this supposedly "most important day" of her life? A thoughtless false commitment then. Nice. 

Part that really floors me is “naturally I will focus on my own needs first “.  Really? Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Anna, but Jesus will tell me when I’ve started another woman’s tits for too long ...

Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Jim Bob, but I’ll throw you a bone and give you two minutes of pumping time a week to keep you docile....

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Part that really floors me is “naturally I will focus on my own needs first “.  Really? Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Anna, but Jesus will tell me when I’ve started another woman’s tits for too long ...

Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Jim Bob, but I’ll throw you a bone and give you two minutes of pumping time a week to keep you docile....

Agree. I don't even know what to say about that part. That's a line I don't think I've ever even heard before in this kind of thing. But somebody sure wanted to stress it in both their vows. 

Is it just a "we're all completely hopeless horrible sinners by nature" thing? So something that's just about their faith and not about the nature of marriage in that faith? Or is it meant to imply something specific about a marriage in this mode?

Very weird. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

The video was soooo grainy that it was hard to identify anyone clearly.

People on Reddit claim that Stephen Wissman was definitely there (and apparently some could see the wedding website info where people RSVP'ed and there were multiple Wissman siblings in attendance). There was a super-brief Insta-story video posted (and then taken down) by Katey's half-brother yesterday of the rehearsal, and people claim they can see Stephen sitting at a table with Jim Bob, but the screenshot is super blurry and I really don't see how anyone could tell anything.

I could not tell who any of Jed!'s groomsmen were, other than that most of them looked Duggar-ish and Jeremiah was the best man. Jer, Marcus (ring bearer), and a non-Duggar groomsmen were the only ones who could be seen in a slightly less blurry way when the camera zoomed in a little more during the vows. I'm pretty sure James and Jason were groomsmen, as well as several other brothers (Joseph? Josiah? JD?), but they were blurry enough to be unidentifiable. I also think Austin might have been a groomsman because he walked by the camera before everything started and had a similar suit. The groomsmen were in navy suits, presumably the same ones from Justin's wedding since there were a lot of Duggar brothers in both. Wouldn't want to have to spring for two sets of suits in six weeks. (I did check back at Hilaria's pictures from Justin's wedding, and JB and Meech wore dark colors to that and light to this one, so at least that was different.)

I don't think there were any or many Duggar girls in the bridal party, although again, super blurry... maybe Joy?

Marcus Duggar walked down the aisle with an unidentified little girl, and then Jeremy came behind them holding Felicity, who I guess didn't actually want to preform her flower girl duties? When he eventually turned, you could see she was carrying a little basket, but she didn't appear to throw anything from it, and Jeremy took her off screen rather than leaving her up front with the wedding party. Not sure who the other little girl was or why they needed two flower girls (in two different dresses).

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Agree. I don't even know what to say about that part. That's a line I don't think I've ever even heard before in this kind of thing. But somebody sure wanted to stress it in both their vows. 

Is it just a "we're all completely hopeless horrible sinners by nature" thing? So something that's just about their faith and not about the nature of marriage in that faith? Or is it meant to imply something specific about a marriage in this mode?

Very weird. 

Naturally, I will focus on the needs of my own post over yours. 

People that make these kinds of statements don’t really have servants hearts.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Well you know us heathens don't know how to care about our spouses and are selfish beasts. So we need to aim to be like Josh and  John Gray and Carl Lenz and Marcus Lamb ...oh wait.

• LOL 12
(edited)
37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Naturally, I will focus on the needs of my own post over yours. 

People that make these kinds of statements don’t really have servants hearts.

Not clear, of course, who actually made these statements. I'm sure Jed! and Katey didn't write them. And they're anything but standard, even for most really conservative Christians.

Somebody definitely wrote them who doesn't have a servants' heart, though. 

I'm not sure the bride and groom are deliberately doing or saying anything that's been done or said here. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

There's a picture on reddit of Katey's dress and I actually really like it! It may not be what I would have chosen but I think it's very pretty. 

I've seen people say Meredith was the other flower girl, but I have no idea how anyone would be able to tell. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

There's a picture on reddit of Katey's dress and I actually really like it! It may not be what I would have chosen but I think it's very pretty. 

I've seen people say Meredith was the other flower girl, but I have no idea how anyone would be able to tell. 

She went the princess route. Long veil and train.

• Love 2

I like Katey's dress, but it's hard to see it with the hair curtain covering most of the front.

I understand wanting Felicity to be in the wedding given that Jinger was Jed's buddy, but I'm not sure that was such a great idea. Toddlers are moody. A cross-country flight, time difference and having several hundred strangers staring at you is a surefire recipe for a meltdown. It sounds like she wasn't cooperating if Jeremy ended up having to carry her. 

For a guy who's finally about to get laid, you'd think Jed could muster more than a tight half-smile. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I like Katey's dress, but it's hard to see it with the hair curtain covering most of the front.

I understand wanting Felicity to be in the wedding given that Jinger was Jed's buddy, but I'm not sure that was such a great idea. Toddlers are moody. A cross-country flight, time difference and having several hundred strangers staring at you is a surefire recipe for a meltdown. It sounds like she wasn't cooperating if Jeremy ended up having to carry her. 

For a guy who's finally about to get laid, you'd think Jed could muster more than a tight half-smile. 

He's probably trying to figure out the mechanics ahead of the great double deflowering. "I put it WHERE?!" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Siri could’ve read vows with more passion. 

Even Alexa.

Hard to do even for a flesh-and-blood human when you're not well acquainted with the guy, I guess. They have the delivery of high-school students reading a Shakespeare play they've never seen before out loud in front of the lit class. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

This seems like a mistake in terms of a political career. There was some talk back when Jed! was campaigning that he was being mocked for living with his parents and sharing a room with his brothers. I don't think that having his father arrange a wedding for him is going to make him seem more mature or relatable in any way.

There are a lot of fundies in Arkansas and there a lot of conservatives in Arkansas, but I bet you can count the number of arranged marriages in Arkansas on one hand.

• Love 16