Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

They don't talk though.

https://celebrityinsider.org/counting-on-star-michelle-duggar-has-not-spoken-to-her-lesbian-sister-in-years-120554/

Don't think that's the case for Katey and her brother. 

At one time, though, she even made an appearance on the original show, and Josh--of all people--has said that he loves that aunt, so they didn't just cut her off immediately once they became fundie. I doubt Michelle and her sister were ever super close due to the age difference, but whatever estrangement has happened between them is fairly recent, all things considered.

My guess would be that they were polite to Katey's brother to his face--he seems to be having a good time at the wedding and good for him--but probably had some judgmental things to mutter privately about him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do ANY of Michelle’s family ever attend these weddings?

It probably helps that they apparently live in Ohio. Out of sight, out of mind. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, how many Duggar OG children are at home now?  I realize there is their young nephew who lives with them as well.  

Jana, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie, plus Tyler the grand-nephew.

There are now more marrieds than unmarrieds if you don't count Tyler (even if you do).

• Useful 5
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I love how Katey's mom showed some cleavage. No modesty panels for her!

And why not? When choosing dresses to wear to my kids' weddings, I always said--only half joking--that it was my rare opportunity to get to show off my rack at church.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jana, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie, plus Tyler the grand-nephew.

There are now more marrieds than unmarrieds if you don't count Tyler (even if you do).

Man.....seems odd that there are still so many left, even after so many have married and moved out.   So...who’s next to leave? Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

J'chelle's sister is 70; she barely knows any of these nieces and nephews. I can't imagine any scenario where she'd want to travel to attend a wedding in a fundie church where she doesn't know anyone. Her wife probably has no interest in going, and if they did go together, I can't imagine that that would be fun for them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I was thinking I haven't seen J'Tyler around lately.  Anybody know if he is still at the big house?

33 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I was thinking I haven't seen J'Tyler around lately.  Anybody know if he is still at the big house?

Yes, he's still there. They posted about his 13th birthday shortly before Justin's wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

No JB owned property has transferred to Jed! yet. But Jed!'s Ambassador Properties LLC bought a vacant lot for $7,000 in a new subdivision in Bella Vista. Bought Dec 12 2020.  Owner address is the car lot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

My guess is the estrangement occurred when Evelyn married her long-time girlfriend. 

Michelle has a lesbian sister named Evelyn?   

I can't believe Jinger and Joy's names for their new little girls knowing that.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Michelle has a lesbian sister named Evelyn?   

I can't believe Jinger and Joy's names for their new little girls knowing that.

It must kill Michelle, not only to have a child named after her sister, but because unless you count Michael, no one has been named after Michelle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It must kill Michelle, not only to have a child named after her sister, but because unless you count Michael, no one has been named after Michelle.

I wonder if they are named after her intentionally, or if she's so removed from their lives it never crossed their minds?  IMO that wouldn't be a stretch among a bunch of people who were raised with blinders on.  

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I wonder if they are named after her intentionally, or if she's so removed from their lives it never crossed their minds?  IMO that wouldn't be a stretch among a bunch of people who were raised with blinders on.  

I very much doubt the kids are named after Great-Aunt Evelyn. They're members of a huge family whose mother was by far the youngest of a big family. If they knew Evelyn at all, it must have been just peripherally. 

I know the first special had Mullet's oldest sister on it, but that was obviously geared for television. They acted like they hardly knew each other. That sister has a child older than Michelle and one the same age as Mullet. 

Edited by Heathen
Clarification
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I very much doubt the kids are named after Great-Aunt Evelyn. They're members of a huge family whose mother was by far the youngest of a big family. If they knew Evelyn at all, it must have been just peripherally. 

I know the first special had Mullet's oldest sister on it, but that was obviously geared for television. They acted like they hardly knew each other. That sister has a child older than Michelle and one the same age. 

The only member of Michelle's family I've ever heard referenced is her father.   This is the first time I've ever heard of her sister, let alone heard she was the youngest of a very large family herself. 

16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I know the first special had Mullet's oldest sister on it, but that was obviously geared for television. They acted like they hardly knew each other. That sister has a child older than Michelle and one the same age. 

I get what your saying, but even if you're not naming a kid after someone, you're still using the name. When my husband were going over names, we rejected a lot of them due to associations with others, even though in theory if we used them, we wouldn't be naming our kids after them.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

The only member of Michelle's family I've ever heard referenced is her father.   This is the first time I've ever heard of her sister, let alone heard she was the youngest of a very large family herself. 

It was on the first special, and I've seen it in print media, too. 

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I get what your saying, but even if you're not naming a kid after someone, you're still using the name. When my husband were going over names, we rejected a lot of them due to associations with others, even though in theory if we used them, we wouldn't be naming our kids after them.

They have a very large family, just as my birth grandmother does (13 kids, dozens and dozens of grandkids, both parents came from very large families). A lot of names ended up being reused just because they were popular or because their parents forgot there was another Steve or Sondra. I don't find it unusual to have multiple people with the same name. 

• Love 7
(edited)
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

Seriously, he really said that?!?

Not exactly. Part of each of their vows was to say basically, "because I'm human, if I hadn't fully accepted Jesus Christ, I would always put my own needs first, every day and every way. But because I have accepted Jesus Christ, I can therefore vow to you that I won't do that." [In other words, all humans are by nature utterly and entirely corrupt and cannot be redeemed from that one iota except by accepting Jesus.]

That part doesn't bug me The part that bugs me is her vowing to accept his authority on the same terms with which she accepts God's authority. That one makes my hair stand on end. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But you are undoubtedly educated and didn't grow up in an insular community that repudiated all outsiders as unworthy heathens.   The Duggar offspring are surprised, cowed, contemptuous, amused, or superior simply when confronted by the idea that others don't sit down to the same foods they do on their dinner plates.  It's okay when it's foreigners in other lands who "don't know any better".   It's suspicious or just plain wrong when other Americans do it -- unless it has been blessed and deemed appropriate by Joanna Gaines obviously. 

I can totally understand many of them being completely oblivious to the fact they have an aunt named Evelyn.   I can see things continuing to go sideways and eventually most of the grandchildren having no idea they have an aunt named Jill. 

13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It is strange that Michelle's parents have never attended a Duggar wedding.  I've never seen them in any wedding pictures.  They are the kids' grandparents, after all.  Are they still living?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

It is strange that Michelle's parents have never attended a Duggar wedding.  I've never seen them in any wedding pictures.  They are the kids' grandparents, after all.  Are they still living?

IIRC, they're both deceased.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Michelle is one of seven, JB has one sister. The Duggar 19 have 7 aunts and uncles. I don't think its a reach to think they know their names. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4

No. They are both gone.  There was a visit to Michelle's father back in the 17-18-19-Kids and Counting days.  I think he was a WWII vet.  Josh talked about how big an influence he was, but I remember thinking it was all put on for the cameras.  

I believe Michelle's mother died quite a long time ago.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Didn't the family relocate to Ohio around the time Michelle married Jim Bob or did I hallucinate that? If so, I'd venture to say they probably didn't visit with each other much. They probably saw each other a couple of times a year and maybe exchanged the occasional birthday/holiday phone calls and cards.

It wouldn't have been a super close relationship but I also don't think it was always as estranged as it is now since some interaction is obviously more than no interaction.

As for Evelyn's name, I think Joy knows her aunt's name, but I don't think the baby was named after her. Joy doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I could see her just liking the name and not really particularly caring or remembering that it was already in the family. (Maybe she always liked the name separate from her aunt? I always liked the name Evelyn myself. Like, it's been on my favorite name list since I was a kid.) I could actually see Austin being more uptight about the name, but I also see him as being less likely to be aware of Aunt Evelyn. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

Didn't the family relocate to Ohio around the time Michelle married Jim Bob or did I hallucinate that? If so, I'd venture to say they probably didn't visit with each other much. They probably saw each other a couple of times a year and maybe exchanged the occasional birthday/holiday phone calls and cards.

It wouldn't have been a super close relationship but I also don't think it was always as estranged as it is now since some interaction is obviously more than no interaction.

Michelle seems at least somewhat close to some of her siblings/ their families. They did take in Tyler, after all, and I think there were pictures at some point (a few years ago?) of Tyler's grandmother (who would be Michelle's sister) going out to eat with JB, Michelle, and Tyler. And of course "cousin Emily" and her family are relatives from Michelle's side.

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Michelle seems at least somewhat close to some of her siblings/ their families. They did take in Tyler, after all, and I think there were pictures at some point (a few years ago?) of Tyler's grandmother (who would be Michelle's sister) going out to eat with JB, Michelle, and Tyler. And of course "cousin Emily" and her family are relatives from Michelle's side.

Are they relatives who stayed in Arkansas and didn't relocate to Ohio? I know the article had mentioned something about Michelle having siblings significantly older than her and one closer to her in age. I wonder if the sister she is more similar in age to is the one she has more to do with. 

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Are they relatives who stayed in Arkansas and didn't relocate to Ohio? I know the article had mentioned something about Michelle having siblings significantly older than her and one closer to her in age. I wonder if the sister she is more similar in age to is the one she has more to do with. 

I don't really know who went where, but according to Fundie wiki, the Peters family (which includes Cousin Emily) are from Michelle's oldest sister Pamela (who is almost 22 years older than Michelle), while Tyler is the grandson of Michelle's closest-in-age sister, Carolyn (who is 5 years older than Michelle).

That actually surprises me because I thought someone made mention that Tyler didn't get taken in by his own grandmother because she had health problems (a stroke?), so I was picturing one of the much older siblings. Not that people in their fifties can't have health problems/ be unable to take in grandkids, of course.

• Useful 5

Never realized any of Michelle's family has been on the show.   I remember some video of Michelle's father being shown in an episode when Michelle was discussing memories of him, but I don't know if the video was personal or from a past episode.    

• Love 1

Tyler’s grandmother was his legal guardian although I don’t know for how long. I think she had a stroke and that is when Tyler went to live with JB and Michelle. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Here is a picture of Michelle with her siblings. Its time stamped ten year ago and by looking at Michelle, I would guess that's about right. The other picture, also found on Google. is when Evelyn appeared on the show. I thinks its when the Duggar family went to a Ruark family reunion.

image.png.a373b0c47e30a7835e8468985e3a09a3.png

evelyn-ruark-photo

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Michelle's sister Evelyn is considerably older than her, so she was probably out of the house before Michelle can remember.  It is also possible that, while Michelle is 'close' with her siblings, she isn't particularly close to Evelyn.  Certainly, if I were Evelyn and was aware of the Duggars rampant anti-gay sentiments; I wouldn't feel the need to reach out with love often and I wouldn't expect my wife to want to nurture the relationship either.  Even if the Ruarks have regular reunions, it doesn't mean that Michelle is close to Evelyn specifically.  

I have a sister who is almost 16 years younger than me, she is almost 17 years younger than our oldest sister.  The youngest does not remember a time when I ever lived at home with my parents; she was 2 when I went to college and about 4 the last summer break I spent at home.  My older sister also got married when the little one was 2 and she doesn't remember when she lived at home nor does she remember a time when my brother in law wasn't part of the family.

My youngest sister and I are pretty close, I am closer to her than to my other 2 surviving sisters and she'd probably say the same about me.  However, virtually all of that happened as adults.  Sure, I used to send her little cards and gifts and take her to the movies or out for ice cream when I was around; but, it wasn't until I moved closer, she graduated from college and started working; that we really got to know one another as adult women.  Considering that Evelyn hasn't lived in Arkansas for quite a while and that Michelle got married right out of high school and eventually had a large number of kids as well as very rigid beliefs that excluded her sister; I can imagine they are not terribly close.  Just because they pose with the rest of the gang for a picture here and there doesn't mean they are sharing themselves and their lives in any meaningful way.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Michelle's sister Evelyn is considerably older than her, so she was probably out of the house before Michelle can remember.  It is also possible that, while Michelle is 'close' with her siblings, she isn't particularly close to Evelyn.  Certainly, if I were Evelyn and was aware of the Duggars rampant anti-gay sentiments; I wouldn't feel the need to reach out with love often and I wouldn't expect my wife to want to nurture the relationship either.  Even if the Ruarks have regular reunions, it doesn't mean that Michelle is close to Evelyn specifically.  

I have a sister who is almost 16 years younger than me, she is almost 17 years younger than our oldest sister.  The youngest does not remember a time when I ever lived at home with my parents; she was 2 when I went to college and about 4 the last summer break I spent at home.  My older sister also got married when the little one was 2 and she doesn't remember when she lived at home nor does she remember a time when my brother in law wasn't part of the family.

My youngest sister and I are pretty close, I am closer to her than to my other 2 surviving sisters and she'd probably say the same about me.  However, virtually all of that happened as adults.  Sure, I used to send her little cards and gifts and take her to the movies or out for ice cream when I was around; but, it wasn't until I moved closer, she graduated from college and started working; that we really got to know one another as adult women.  Considering that Evelyn hasn't lived in Arkansas for quite a while and that Michelle got married right out of high school and eventually had a large number of kids as well as very rigid beliefs that excluded her sister; I can imagine they are not terribly close.  Just because they pose with the rest of the gang for a picture here and there doesn't mean they are sharing themselves and their lives in any meaningful way.

I totally get this. But I'm also guessing your nieces and nephews know all their aunts and uncles names.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes in my experience, that much of an age gap leads to a different dynamic anyway, even without the whole Michelle being a bigoted asshole part, just because of a more general lack of shared experiences. I have a full brother who is about 1.5 years older than me and half brothers who are 14 and 17 years older than me. My half brothers were always nice to me when I was a kid (and the younger of the two did live with us when I was little--but I don't remember him being there), but it is not the same as my relationship with my brother who actually lived in the house with me the whole time we were growing up and is closer to me in age. After a long time of us not speaking because of my being estranged from our mom, I reconnected with the half siblings last summer by phone, and I text them both regularly. I love them, but our interactions are more similar to that of an uncle and niece than a sibling, really, and that was true even when I was a child. I'm still on my best behavior with them and am more formal than I would ever dream of being with my other brother. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I totally get this. But I'm also guessing your nieces and nephews know all their aunts and uncles names.

Yes, but they also don't live across the country, we all get along and see one another regularly.  I think that makes a difference.  As far as Joy choosing to use the name Evelyn, presuming it wasn't to honor her aunt; it probably makes a difference whether Joy feels she knows her Aunt Evelyn and has an ongoing relationship.

If Joy hasn't seen her in years, doesn't share family events, cards and photos and the like; even if she knows her aunt's name, it doesn't mean she would completely avoid Evelyn for her child just because a relative she rarely sees and barely knows has the same name.

All of the Duggar kids who are adults have traveled around the country pretty freely, many of them have access to private planes for trips; but I don't seem to recall a single one of them mentioning going to Ohio or elsewhere to visit their maternal aunts and uncles.  I had an uncle who was career military and who was not close to the rest of his family, especially after both their parents died when I was in first grade.  He married a woman from another part of the country and, when not deployed, they lived near her family and eventually, when he retired, they stayed in that area.

He was my mother's brother.  I remember my mom sending him a Christmas card each year and getting one back, usually with school pics of his 4 kids, I can only remember the names of 3 of them off the top of my head, BTW.  He never came to see us, we never went to see them.  The very first time I met him was at the wake when my uncle, my mom's other brother, died.  He was there with his wife and they introduced themselves.  This was 1981 and I was in med school at the time, in my mid 20's.  I never saw him again, he didn't come when my mother died.  He died a few years back, but don't know any details.  I certainly didn't go to the funeral and I didn't even have an address to send a card.  I don't know what happened to his wife or his kids, my first cousins.  I never met them, ever.  If I had ever had a child and gave it the same name as my uncle, his wife or my cousins; it surely wouldn't have been in their honor and I doubt it would've even occurred to me to think so.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, but they also don't live across the country, we all get along and see one another regularly.  I think that makes a difference.  As far as Joy choosing to use the name Evelyn, presuming it wasn't to honor her aunt; it probably makes a difference whether Joy feels she knows her Aunt Evelyn and has an ongoing relationship.

If Joy hasn't seen her in years, doesn't share family events, cards and photos and the like; even if she knows her aunt's name, it doesn't mean she would completely avoid Evelyn for her child just because a relative she rarely sees and barely knows has the same name.

All of the Duggar kids who are adults have traveled around the country pretty freely, many of them have access to private planes for trips; but I don't seem to recall a single one of them mentioning going to Ohio or elsewhere to visit their maternal aunts and uncles.  I had an uncle who was career military and who was not close to the rest of his family, especially after both their parents died when I was in first grade.  He married a woman from another part of the country and, when not deployed, they lived near her family and eventually, when he retired, they stayed in that area.

He was my mother's brother.  I remember my mom sending him a Christmas card each year and getting one back, usually with school pics of his 4 kids, I can only remember the names of 3 of them off the top of my head, BTW.  He never came to see us, we never went to see them.  The very first time I met him was at the wake when my uncle, my mom's other brother, died.  He was there with his wife and they introduced themselves.  This was 1981 and I was in med school at the time, in my mid 20's.  I never saw him again, he didn't come when my mother died.  He died a few years back, but don't know any details.  I certainly didn't go to the funeral and I didn't even have an address to send a card.  I don't know what happened to his wife or his kids, my first cousins.  I never met them, ever.  If I had ever had a child and gave it the same name as my uncle, his wife or my cousins; it surely wouldn't have been in their honor and I doubt it would've even occurred to me to think so.

My uncles, on my mom's side, all lived in southern states. I met them for the only time in my early twenties. I met one of them again about ten years later. I knew their names from as long as I remember and I know their names now, even though they all died years ago. I know my mom's parents names even though they died long before I was born.

I find it hard to believe that any of these kids, even the youngest ones, don't know the names of Michelle's sisters and brother. I'm not saying whether Joy named Evey after Evelyn or not, I'm just saying they know who their aunts and uncles are.

Just 6 years ago they all had a family reunion. Joy was there and so was her aunt Evelyn. Joy may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but surely she's not that dim. And Joe's son is named Garrett. Michelle's father's name.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

My uncles, on my mom's side, all lived in southern states. I met them for the only time in my early twenties. I met one of them again about ten years later. I knew their names from as long as I remember and I know their names now, even though they all died years ago. I know my mom's parents names even though they died long before I was born.

I find it hard to believe that any of these kids, even the youngest ones, don't know the names of Michelle's sisters and brother. I'm not saying whether Joy named Evey after Evelyn or not, I'm just saying they know who their aunts and uncles are.

Just 6 years ago they all had a family reunion. Joy was there and so was her aunt Evelyn. Joy may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but surely she's not that dim. And Joe's son is named Garrett. Michelle's father's name.

Oh, I agree, Joy certainly knows her aunt's name.  I just don't think that she is close enough to that aunt or sees her often enough that she would have any qualms about giving her daughter the same name as that aunt who she probably hasn't seen for years and seemingly isn't close to.

As I said, I know my uncle's name, his wife's name and the names of 3 of their 4 children.  But, if I liked any of their names well enough to give it to my fictional child, I don't think it would occur to me that I was either naming the kid after that barely known relative nor that I should avoid the name because it is the same as a relative I never see.

I also know the names of my grandparents and great grandparents.  One of my cousin gave his daughter the same first name as our mutual grandmother who died before he was born.  I was 9 when she died and do have fond memories of her.  However, my cousin and his wife didn't choose the name because it belonged to the grandmother he never knew; it never occurred to him that anyone would think that.  I happened to have delivered that particular child and I know they chose her name because they both liked it and they were pleasantly surprised when family members who remembered grandma brought up the fact that their baby had her name.

ETA: after our earlier discussion, I asked my older sister if she remembered the name of our uncle's fourth child.  She said he didn't have 4 kids, only 3.  So, who the heck knows?  My youngest sister knows the uncle's name, but had to guess at his wife's name (incorrectly, but close, so, partial credit) and had no idea how many kids or what their names might be.  This is not unusual in a lot of families.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

Our family does not talk much about family. 😂 

My mom has two step sisters, and my dad has one brother. I know the first names of the two step sisters, and the one lived near us when I was little so I met her two older sons. I *think* I know one of their names?  I think she had two more kids, a boy and a girl. No idea on the third boy’s name and I think the girl is Crystal?

My uncle was a philanderer and has four kids. He was married three times. I don’t know his first wife’s name off the top of my head. I do know his second wife’s name, and my cousin’s name. We hung out together at my gram’s. He also has a son, and I knew his mom and his name (again, hung out a lot at gram’s). There are two other kids somewhere. One might be named Victoria? I have no clue about the last kid, including gender.

For perspective, when my gram in my dad’s side died, I was the only one in the family who knew she’d had TWO sisters who’d died young. I kept insisting there was a Baby Rita, who died in a fire accident, and everyone thought I was crazy. I found the records on ancestry.com a couple years ago. I was not crazy. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think some of that is personality. I can name all of my grandparents' siblings' names (that's 11 people) and their children's names (I don't want to count them--it's a good number. A little spottier on the grandkids, but if they are named, I know who they belong to. My dad is closer related to these than I am people and is sometimes like who the hell? LOL My brother knowing all of them would surprise me. Not because either of them are stupid but because they don't care. In neither case is it an issue of not having met them. 

My neighbor's daughter was in her 20s before she realized her sister's kids were her nephews. I have no clue how she thought they were related. But if you had asked her to provide her nephews' names, she wouldn't have. (I was astonished, but that's another story. She also dumped her boyfriend, the professional rodeo clown, because he wasn't a serious person. I just--I wonder about her and how her mind works.)

I think some people are just better at details or are more inherently interested in family dynamics/family history. FWIW, I do agree that Joy knows who her Aunt Evelyn is. I am less sure of the younger kids in general, but I also think they are more isolated from the adults in their lives.

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and listening to them talk about their siblings and those families. I can see that happening with the older Duggar kids since there were fewer kids in that I think they were more likely to interact with their parents and hear childhood stories. As the parents got more and more checked out, I think the younger ones spent more time running feral with each other or being parented by their older siblings, and I think that leads to less of a family awareness too. My mom's parents were both orphaned at a young age and raised by siblings. When I started doing genealogy, I was shocked by how ignorant they were of their family histories. Like, didn't know names, didn't know places of origin. But after I remembered that they were orphaned and raised by siblings, it made more sense that they got a skewed family history because they were getting a distorted version from their siblings. Not that it was exactly the same with the Duggars, but I think family stories courtesy of the sister moms are going to be different and center their own experiences than family stories from mom and dad. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

Our family does not talk much about family. 😂 

If you've ever watched an episode or two of Finding Your Roots or Who Do You Think You Are you probably already understand that's a common occurrence.   Stuff like that is why it would not surprise me if the 19 Duggar children have family members they don't know the names of, have never met, etc.    

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Zella said:

She also dumped her boyfriend, the professional rodeo clown, because he wasn't a serious person.

Oh my, I laughed but shouldn't since I dumped my Ringling Bros clown for the same reason. "Everyone expects me to be funny" he said.

I bet Michelle never said her sister's name except to say how unchristian she was and Jesus wouldn't approve.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1