Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My uncles, on my mom's side, all lived in southern states. I met them for the only time in my early twenties. I met one of them again about ten years later. I knew their names from as long as I remember and I know their names now, even though they all died years ago. I know my mom's parents names even though they died long before I was born.

I find it hard to believe that any of these kids, even the youngest ones, don't know the names of Michelle's sisters and brother. I'm not saying whether Joy named Evey after Evelyn or not, I'm just saying they know who their aunts and uncles are.

Just 6 years ago they all had a family reunion. Joy was there and so was her aunt Evelyn. Joy may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but surely she's not that dim. And Joe's son is named Garrett. Michelle's father's name.

Garrett is also Joe's middle name. 

My idiot uncle didn't know his mother's parents' names. He didn't know any of her five siblings' names except for the great-uncle who's a bigot asshole just like he is. And my grandmother didn't come from a ginormous family like they do. I find it entirely believable that Joy, who seems to be regarded by many here as a dingbat, didn't know she has an evil sinful unholy aunt named Evelyn. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just 6 years ago they all had a family reunion. Joy was there and so was her aunt Evelyn. Joy may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but surely she's not that dim. And Joe's son is named Garrett. Michelle's father's name.

Joe's middle name is Garrett, but that doesn't mean he didn't name his son after himself and his grandfather. Mason's middle name is also Garrett.  Evelyn is a very trendy name right now. I think Joy is well aware it's her aunt's name but I also think they chose it because they liked it. Michael James was named for his two grandfathers and his father and Gracie's middle name is Annette which is Michelle's middle name. I think those are the only grandchildren named for relatives, so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Garrett is also Joe's middle name. 

My idiot uncle didn't know his mother's parents' names. He didn't know any of her five siblings' names except for the great-uncle who's a bigot asshole just like he is. And my grandmother was smarter than Duggars appear to be, and didn't come from a ginormous family like they do. I find it entirely believable that Joy, who seems to be regarded by many here as a dingbat, didn't know she has an evil sinful unholy aunt named Evelyn. 

Even after hanging out her? image.png.09dbb2ab6727221023bc73e594bb3fac.png

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Even after hanging out her? image.png.09dbb2ab6727221023bc73e594bb3fac.png

Well, she IS a dingbat.

Seriously, I'm sure Joy's well aware of her aunt's name, but for all practical purposes, she's a distant acquaintance at best. And an acquaintance with a name she happens to like. She probably saw the name in some other context when deciding on baby names, loved it, vaguely recalled that her mom has a sister with that name, and shrugged, because it's not like she's likely to see her aunt more than once a decade. I'm sure baby Evelyn will go her entire life never knowing about her great-aunt.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Here is a picture of Michelle with her siblings. Its time stamped ten year ago and by looking at Michelle, I would guess that's about right. The other picture, also found on Google. is when Evelyn appeared on the show. I thinks its when the Duggar family went to a Ruark family reunion.

image.png.a373b0c47e30a7835e8468985e3a09a3.png

evelyn-ruark-photo

They look uncomfortable and standoffish with each other. Similar to my own family photos with everyone standing there uncomfortably and wishing the photo was over. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It must kill Michelle, not only to have a child named after her sister, but because unless you count Michael, no one has been named after Michelle.

Grace Annette Duggar shares a middle name with Michelle Annette Ruark Duggar. Also all of the Ms were inspired by Michelle. Michael James Duggar is named after Mike Keller and Jim Bob. 

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Joe's middle name is Garrett, but that doesn't mean he didn't name his son after himself and his grandfather. Mason's middle name is also Garrett.  Evelyn is a very trendy name right now. I think Joy is well aware it's her aunt's name but I also think they chose it because they liked it. Michael James was named for his two grandfathers and his father and Gracie's middle name is Annette which is Michelle's middle name. I think those are the only grandchildren named for relatives, so far.

I'm missed that you posted the same thing.  MacKynzie, Felicity, Addison (Joe and Kendra), and Bella all share middle names with their mother. Israel and Samuel Dillard both have middle names from Derick's side of the family. 

Abbie's middle name is Grace. 

Maryella's name was inspired by Grandma Mary.  Mason's middle name is also Garrett for Garrett Ruark. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Kate Middleton would never add sleeves to a dress without removing the existing sleeves first.

And Kate Middleton would never add anything to a wedding dress. She had one made for her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Many were in attendance - except the disowned one. Don't worry, the molester still made it!

Jill was not there? Not invited? Even Derick went with Jill to Justin’s wedding. Shitty if factual. 😞

12 hours ago, SMama said:

Jill was not there? Not invited? Even Derick went with Jill to Justin’s wedding. Shitty if factual. 😞

If Jill indeed wasn't invited, IMO that's more evidence that this marriage and wedding was a JB business deal with Katey's dad. I wonder if they had a written agreement to seal the deal.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Many were in attendance - except the disowned one. Don't worry, the molester still made it!

I wonder if perhaps they weren't treated very well at the last wedding and decided to pass? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I wonder if perhaps they weren't treated very well at the last wedding and decided to pass? 

I don't know how Derick and Jill decide how to split their holidays, but they very well could have planned on spending Easter with Cathy months ago.  Or they decided to hang out with the family who actually likes them.  I personally would rather spend time with those who like me instead of being one of many with a family that hates them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't know how Derick and Jill decide how to split their holidays, but they very well could have planned on spending Easter with Cathy months ago.  Or they decided to hang out with the family who actually likes them.  I personally would rather spend time with those who like me instead of being one of many with a family that hates them. 

I was actually wondering if perhaps they went to the last wedding and were treated with obvious sufferance.   Seems a good fit for the pious Duggars -- and would probably manage to inflict some wounds on Jill all the same.   I do believe she has genuine feelings of affection for and feels bonded with (or did) at least most of her Duggar family members. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I suspect that if Jill didn't go, it was because she chose not to go rather than not being invited. I mean, Katey's heathen biological mother and her heathen half-brother and half-sister were there. Who knows, maybe Derick was put off that they decided to marry on Easter weekend.

• Love 4

It's also possible they went and the photos of them attending just haven't come out yet. That whole wedding is weird as fuck, and it seems like most of the posts about it have been from the Nakatsu side anyway. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm confused. Weren't Derick and Jill spotted in the crowd? I could've sworn someone said they saw Derick walk by the camera. 

I don't know! I napped instead of watching, so I awoke to find I'd missed the cows--I am still so bummed about that--and God knows what else. LOL 

• LOL 17
(edited)

Katie's brother Reed did an interview with Crystal Ball Katie:

https://youtu.be/smEQypX_3EQ

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear he's accepted by both his sisters. I hope Katey's marriage to Jed doesn't change that. 

Another reveal: Kory has no Japanese DNA. He was adopted into the family. 

I died when Reed described himself as Katey's " flaming, Liberal gay brother." 

Summary of the interview for those who don't feel like sitting through forty minutes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/mn20g5/i_watched_woacbreed_kateys_brother_interview_so/

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Katie's brother Reed did an interview with Crystal Ball Katie:

https://youtu.be/smEQypX_3EQ

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear he's accepted by both his sisters. I hope Katey's marriage to Jed doesn't change that. 

Another reveal: Kory has no Japanese DNA. He was adopted into the family. 

Hold up, Journey to the Heart was girls being sent individually into Gothard's office?   I'm aware of the abuse allegations.   As many times as I've heard Journey to the Heart mentioned I never realized the nexus.

ALERT is still a thing, is Journey to the Heart also?  

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, there's a pic circulating with Katey and Gothard. It came from the Nakatsu blog. She was in her early teens, no more than 15.

JTTH is still a thing, but I don't think it's anywhere near as popular as it was back when the Duggar girls attended.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, there's a pic circulating with Katey and Gothard. It came from the Nakatsu blog. She was in her early teens, no more than 15.

JTTH is still a thing, but I don't think it's anywhere near as popular as it was back when the Duggar girls attended.

When someone mentioned Gothard's thoughts about pets recently I said I felt like there is no bottom as far as how deep the nonsense goes.   I feel sick recognizing that what I mistook as simply more ridiculousness in this cult was actually significantly more ominous than I understood all the times I've heard JTTH mentioned, never realizing it was literally programming designed to abuse girls.   

(edited)
On 4/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, JoanArc said:

Considering Katey's gay half-brother was in attendance, I doubt Jill wasn't there. She went to Justin's wedding. I didn't see her, but the video was poor quality so it was hard to make out who was there. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7

I watched the video with Reed. I really liked him! It was interesting to discover that Kory Nakatsu was adopted and is not Japanese. 

I'm glad that Reed was treated well, even by Meech. It's also nice to know that Katey is apparently smart and outspoken. Reed doesn't like Kory. I wonder what happened there?

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I watched the video with Reed. I really liked him! It was interesting to discover that Kory Nakatsu was adopted and is not Japanese. 

I'm glad that Reed was treated well, even by Meech. It's also nice to know that Katey is apparently smart and outspoken. Reed doesn't like Kory. I wonder what happened there?

So Kory was adopted yet he joins a cult that frowns upon adoption (sins of the father BS) also frowns upon divorce he’s been divorced once. What is the attraction to this cult for him? 

I liked Reed and was glad that the Duggar’s were nice to him.

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

So Kory was adopted yet he joins a cult that frowns upon adoption (sins of the father BS) also frowns upon divorce he’s been divorced once. What is the attraction to this cult for him? 

I liked Reed and was glad that the Duggar’s were nice to him.

That women are supposed to be obedient to men. 

Maybe he decided after his divorce, that his ex was too independent, too vocal, and opinionated. 

Technically he's remarried. 

• Love 6

Reed says his mom and Kory were married for 15 years, how old is Reed? He also says he continued to see Kory after the divorce. Did Kory homeschool Reed too?

It sounds like Katey's life was a little more well rounded than the Duggars, maybe because of the mom, but I also wonder if Kory wasn't as deeply indoctrinated as the Duggars.

Reed sounds nice. How sweet of him to want to defend his little sister.

• Love 4

Of course Jim Bob and Michelle were OUTWARDLY nice to Katey's gay brother....but we all know what was brewing inside. They don't show their true thoughts/feeling. The Duggar parents were fakey-nice to him, I'm sure. Poor guy didn't know any better.

• Love 12

As much as we all like to demonize the Duggars and their ilk, because they do have hateful beliefs, I don't think its as simple as all of them following every rule, or every vow to a T. I'm guessing its the same as the majority of religious followers and many have certain intentions and global beliefs.

I know for me, I'm friends with a few folks who are vehemently "pro-life", I truly like/love them. I'm friends with oodles of folks who belong to and support churches that interfere with LGBT+ rights, I truly like/love them too. I don't think its a reach to think some Fundies aren't complete assholes. 

Even with the few Fundy families that I'm aware of, there's a spectrum, and I'm sure within each family, its not uniform either. The JRods and that Keller Zimbabwe family offshoot seem to me to be complete whackadoodles. And then looking at the Dillards, they're living a more mainstream lifestyle, having differing degrees of beliefs, but I think Derick is very hateful and Jill probably isn't.

I don't know, maybe the Nakatsu family is whackadoodle too, maybe they aren't. It'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As others have mentioned, the video quality was poor. In this picture, it seems on the right side, to be Derick from the back. I could be wrong.

8179A4DE-5BDF-4B28-9916-03E8ACBB9919.jpeg

In the row behind JB & M, that looks like it starts with Josie and Jenny? The guy on the end kind of looks like Derick and his long neck, but at the same time looks like someone younger. It definitely could be him though.

This appears to be a relatively small wedding.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As others have mentioned, the video quality was poor. In this picture, it seems on the right side, to be Derick from the back. I could be wrong.

8179A4DE-5BDF-4B28-9916-03E8ACBB9919.jpeg

On the very bottom right hand corner? Wearing a light blue shirt and suit vest? If so, it looks like he has is arm resting on the back of the chair beside him, and looks like Israel sitting in that chair.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Of course Jim Bob and Michelle were OUTWARDLY nice to Katey's gay brother....but we all know what was brewing inside. They don't show their true thoughts/feeling. The Duggar parents were fakey-nice to him, I'm sure. Poor guy didn't know any better.

People are free to have their own thoughts and beliefs about anything.   Civilized people commonly observe social niceties at social gatherings with whom they may or may not even be aware they have wildly differing beliefs.   If the Duggars observed the social niceties and didn't take it to a patronizing or pitying level of attempting to make him feel they were concerned for his soul due to his sexuality that's enough.

Frankly I would have expected they shun him or attempt to be overly solicitous in demonstrations of concern.  Putting on the polite face and observing the social etiquette works because differences of opinion have nothing to do with what the day or event was about, which was friends and family celebrating the couple taking their vows. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

On the very bottom right hand corner? Wearing a light blue shirt and suit vest? If so, it looks like he has is arm resting on the back of the chair beside him, and looks like Israel sitting in that chair.

I was looking where I circled:

FFECB32A-A42A-40F0-940E-D5ACF4EB0B2C.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Doesn’t he realize that his sister is now a submissive broodmare? Is he okay with that?

Probably not. People are pretty good at compartmentalizing and ignoring the obvious. I'm not trying to be snarky when I say that. I just think that most people don't do deep dives of topics that don't really interest them, so they go by the surface level. Sure, he knows what Katey's beliefs are on paper, but she's his sister and they have a good relationship and she seems happy...what else is there, right? Maybe he thinks it's a little weird, but he's not going to make it an issue, and he's not going to talk shit about her, her in laws, or her beliefs in public.

I grew up culturally Catholic, and most people I knew growing up were the same. Even among those who went to mass regularly, very few Catholics I knew actually believed and followed every rule, because the church has some fucked up beliefs and rules. And if anyone had come up and said, "How can you be Catholic? Don't you know they believe xyz?!"* Most would have shrugged and said, "Eh, we don't believe those things, so who cares?" Is this okay on a global/political level? Maybe not, but we're a social species and most of us make compromises to keep relationships with people we care about. That doesn't mean that I don't judge and snark this kind of thing, because here I am on a snark forum, but I have to acknowledge that Katey's brother could disagree with everything about her beliefs while still being happy that she's happy.

*People did say that, but it was evangelicals saying it, so what they thought was fucked up about catholicism wasn't what was actually fucked up.

• Love 15

I didn't watch Reed's interview, but I did read a summary. It sounded like the family dabbled in Mormonism before his mom and Kory divorced? I'd kept reading about the mom being Mormon, and I am wondering where that came from. Is it from her life with Kory or after? If it's the former, it seems like Kory was casting around for some religious denomination for a while, and it is psychologically interesting to me that Gothardism is what he landed on. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I didn't watch Reed's interview, but I did read a summary. It sounded like the family dabbled in Mormonism before his mom and Kory divorced? I'd kept reading about the mom being Mormon, and I am wondering where that came from. Is it from her life with Kory or after? If it's the former, it seems like Kory was casting around for some religious denomination for a while, and it is psychologically interesting to me that Gothardism is what he landed on. 

I didn't see all of it, but what I did mentioned that Kory was searching for something for a while. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Depending on how fundy you get with Mormonism I see a lot of similarities with Gothardism.  But, you get to keep on drinking coffee or Diet Coke or Mt. Dew with Gothardism.**

**I am fully aware that caffeine-free versions of these are available, but they are not the same.

• Love 7
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Depending on how fundy you get with Mormonism I see a lot of similarities with Gothardism.  But, you get to keep on drinking coffee or Diet Coke or Mt. Dew with Gothardism.**

**I am fully aware that caffeine-free versions of these are available, but they are not the same.

Yes, for sure! The summary I read was on Reddit, and the person had mistyped FLDS for LDS, and I was like 👀 until it was clarified. 

• LOL 4

The thing that I find most odd about the situation is Kim ceding so much control to Kory post-divorce. If I had kids, there's no way in hell I'd let my ex yank them out of school and immerse them in a cult. The family is well-off, so I doubt Katey and Lauren were attending a poorly performing school or one where there was safety concerns. 

I know Reed didn't want to badmouth anyone, but I feel like there's way more to the story. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The thing that I find most odd about the situation is Kim ceding so much control to Kory post-divorce. If I had kids, there's no way in hell I'd let my ex yank them out of school and immerse them in a cult. The family is well-off, so I doubt Katey and Lauren were attending a poorly performing school or one where there was safety concerns. 

I know Reed didn't want to badmouth anyone, but I feel like there's way more to the story. 

I couldn't wrap my brain around that either.   Yet from the portion that I watched I didn't sense any attempt on his behalf to dissemble or mislead from Reed.  He seemed pretty straightforward and respectful about the idea that he had very different outlook on life, yet seemed to genuinely believe that his sisters were happy, healthy and thriving where they were. 

• Love 6