Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So any guesses about the wedding party? Which brothers will be groomsmen? I assume Jer, sinner twin, will be best man. Katey only has one sister, so loads of Duggars could be bridesmaids. 

There's no way Katey can get married without at least 6 bridesmaids, I'm pretty sure Jesus said so in the KJV.  Maybe we should be betting over/under on number of wedding attendants.  I'll put 5 bucks on 12 total, 6 of each flavor.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There's no way Katey can get married without at least 6 bridesmaids, I'm pretty sure Jesus said so in the KJV.  Maybe we should be betting over/under on number of wedding attendants.  I'll put 5 bucks on 12 total, 6 of each flavor.

I will take the over, there must be some sweet friends that must be included. What about nieces and nephews as flower girls or someone pulling a wagon of babies? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, Normades said:

Every time I read this thread title I see "Biblically Boinking Together."  I guess that's not till Sunday, tho.

I thought it was just me! *hides in closet.

Who gets married at Easter?? Having a reception on Good Friday? Seriously?? And these people fancy themselves as more Godly than anyone else, ever, except of course Jilly R who is even more SEVERELY Godly than they are. Beggars belief.

Jed! looks like a chipmunk. His face suddenly bloated really weirdly and he's looked off ever since. And he is so damn smug.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Who gets married at Easter?? Having a reception on Good Friday? Seriously?? And these people fancy themselves as more Godly than anyone else, ever, except of course Jilly R who is even more SEVERELY Godly than they are. Beggars belief.

Jed! looks like a chipmunk. His face suddenly bloated really weirdly and he's looked off ever since. And he is so damn smug.

We've discussed upthread that actually many non-fundie protestant Christian churches don't have the same kind of Holy Week and Easter observances that more liturgical churches do. I grew up in such a denomination, and don't consider it offensive for Christians to live life as usual including having weddings, during Holy Week. This isn't the place to discuss, much less debate, theological differences. I have plenty of bones to pick with the Duggars and their ilk when it comes to their religion, but I'm not surprised or offended by their having a wedding tonight. Obviously everyone has their own opinion and reaction, which may be different from mine, which is fine. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

We've discussed upthread that actually many non-fundie protestant Christian churches don't have the same kind of Holy Week and Easter observances that more liturgical churches do. I grew up in such a denomination, and don't consider it offensive for Christians to live life as usual including having weddings, during Holy Week. This isn't the place to discuss, much less debate, theological differences. I have plenty of bones to pick with the Duggars and their ilk when it comes to their religion, but I'm not surprised or offended by their having a wedding tonight. Obviously everyone has their own opinion and reaction, which may be different from mine, which is fine. 

I’m just surprised they’re getting married the day before Easter because I know that the day after my wedding church wasn’t really on the agenda. 😀. But, who knows how much “fellowshipping” will occur tonight. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I think Jed! met one of the worst Duggaring facial-aging fates yet. 

And the smug expression definitely doesn't help......Makes things considerably worse when he pontificates about that which he knows not of, too. Which I suspect he has a habit of doing.

I don't think the smugness is just a look, either -- I fear it goes right through to the bone. When you have virtually no experience and literally no education and yet hear from your parents that you're of the contingent that can and will rule the world for Jesus, I guess it makes you feel pretty all-knowing and invincible.....Sort of like being among the equally ridiculous eligibles-for-Skull-&-Bones-from-birth probably...

His super-pompous Oath To My Biblically Betrothed, for example. I suppose he didn't actually write it. Almost certainly something canned that his soon-to-be-in-laws/parents dug out of Gothard's closet or somewhere. But if it was canned, that only makes his performance more of a "yeesh!" really.  You're not just 22. Even for a 22-year-old you're behindhand on information, Jed! So don't bring such an air of certitude to those big dumb promises you're making....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not offended, I'm just bemused. I mean, the fundie crew looses their poop over the KJV translation, hair dye and women wearing pants, so it just seems odd to me that they're so laissez faire about the celebration of the holiest day of the calendar. Plus, until these past two years, it's always been a really busy weekend for me with a longer than usual church service and a big extended family dinner (plus family craft day on Good Friday). None of my family is particularly observant, so I would have assumed that in fundyland they would be way too busy for travel, wedding prep and the ahem, celebration of the rising...

• Love 16
(edited)

I'm enjoying the random cow in the background, and judging by Jeremiah and Marcus (the only ones in the bridal party I can see/ recognize) looking in that direction on occasion, they are, too.

She vowed to submit to his leadership and authority. Yuck.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ladies we are the base of a tupperware gallon container. WTF lol

Well we are the weaker vessels 🙄

I think there was more warmth between me and the salesman during my last car purchase than there is between Jed and Katey reciting their vows. That was one of the most clinical exchanges I've ever seen.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Katey's dad is giving a speech like the fathers do at the Bontrager weddings. Katey went on her last father-daughter date this week. 

And they wonder why incest is so common in their groups.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe she decided to leave him at the altar? A girl can hope...

I don't know how this ceremonies look like. But was there  a first kiss? Or did the stream break before that?

It broke before that. They exchanged their personal vows, but broke for a song before they actually did the "I do" part. The video cut out in the midst of the song.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ladies we are the base of a tupperware gallon container. WTF lol

Are we? I thought the manly men were the tough gallon tupperwares  that can handle being used to change oil but the ladies were the delicate gallon vases which hold just as much liquid but need to be treated gently.

13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That’s the best case scenario.

Second best case scenario is the cows in the background stampeded. 

Edited by Panopticon
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It broke before that. They exchanged their personal vows, but broke for a song before they actually did the "I do" part. The video cut out in the midst of the song.

I’ve never seen a cliffhanger marriage ceremony before.

Do we know what Michelle was wearing? The Tin Woodsman look?  Or did she abandon aluminum foil for saran wrap? 

C93CF7BB-BAF7-44F8-A51F-F48E4DAA5F2F.png

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Do we know what Michelle was wearing?

The video quality was so awful (and from a distance, and from the back) that I really can't describe the dress accurately, but it definitely wasn't the Tinman dress. It was very long, but the skirt wasn't layered/ ruffly. Looked like a neutral color (beige? light pink?). JB was wearing a light colored suit (gray?) which I feel like is his go-to wedding suit, but again, I can't say if it was the same one or if he finally got a suit that fits. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The video quality was so awful (and from a distance, and from the back) that I really can't describe the dress accurately, but it definitely wasn't the Tinman dress. It was very long, but the skirt wasn't layered/ ruffly. Looked like a neutral color (beige? light pink?). JB was wearing a light colored suit (gray?) which I feel like is his go-to wedding suit, but again, I can't say if it was the same one or if he finally got a suit that fits. 

Nice to know, thanks. I guess there were no other typical shenanigans like Josh and Anna making out, etc?

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't know how this ceremonies look like. But was there  a first kiss? Or did the stream break before that?

Maybe she did a Jessa and they decided to have their first kiss in private. They’re outside though so a kiss behind a tree or a bush? 

Edited by FizzyPuff

This is from FB, in case I’m not the only one who will NEVER watch any of this.

Well, the secret wedding of Jed and Katey is over. They cut the livestream after the vows and after Jed and Katey walked off the stage to prepare for some Baptist fundie version of communion. I only know communion through the ancient Catholic tradition so I'm not sure what they were up to. The video did not return for the first kiss. Whatever... The video,half the wedding, is up to rewatch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn8uVCTK6Fghalf  

I dictated Jed's vows here for all to enjoy. Katey's are basically the same except she added in all the submissive crap that often leads to abuse for women. The transcript may have some small errors but I tried. 

Jed: "Katey, In Genesis we read therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife. And they too shall be one flesh (sexy time). God has ordained that the husband shall be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband, to love unconditionally, as Christ loved the church. Apart from Christ, I cannot love you, listen to you, or protect you as I should. Naturally, I would focus on my own needs instead of yours. With Christ and by His grace, I found to be your humble spiritual leader, to be a man of the word, to remain faithful to you to stay open with you. Encourage you protect you. Listen to your needs and love you, whether you are healthy, sick, rich or poor and or old. It's my desire and delight to follow scriptural teachings in growing God's word together. As long as we both shall live, on my heart I make these vows to you."  

My favorite part is their thinking that without Christ all men are selfish narcissistic beasts to their wives. Some of the best marriages I've known have been non Christians.

7A0A791C-FFB6-414C-8622-11481E835944.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

it always amuses me when the Duggar clan claims the 'Leave and Cleave" not one of them has chosen to do so or been allowed to do so by JB.

they all got a house from daddy or LLC's from daddy and are beholden to daddy for any money. Rather than support your family on the man's income they espouse, it is always toe the line of lolli and pops to support your family.

Jill is the exception, sort of. But she and Derick still went with cash from daddy to finance their life so far.

Jer V must have had something in the LLC he had registered to the TTH and sold it for cash. His Freemont Street LLC has been revoked.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18