Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If Easter is not important, then what is? (For any Christian)

Well, I guess they're not interested in commemorations of any of the events in any way that others commemorate them. They did make that point about Christmas for a long time.

But it just surprises me that, in addition to not holding traditional ceremonies, they basically ignore the days of the year in which these things are commemorated, including the days related to the beliefs they care most about. As far as I can tell, is, first in their minds when it comes to beliefs is -- "In the BLOOD! In the BLOOD!"    Which is Good Friday.

Now, though, it seems you can ignore the blood and just call that day Rehearsal Dinner Night! 

And then in second place would be Christ's rising from the dead, as a sign that Christians can get salvation. And they do carefully strip the name "Easter" from that, since the word relates to the name of a pagan goddess connected to spring, and use "Resurrection Sunday."

But actually to me that makes it seem even more absurd that they do all that to keep the day sacred but then think it's fine to have an individual couple's wedding all tied up with it -- and distracting the thousands or so people they invited  to party at that wedding from the Christian meaning of the day -- resurrection. 

So in the spirit of the new activity they've scheduled for RS,, I guess I'll rename the day in the manner of a country song-- It's a Happy Happy Happy Happy Mornin'! Katey's a-bleedin' and Jed!s a-snorin' like a hog! 

As far as I can see, these idiots turn the days that commemorate Christ's bloodshed and resurrection into a wink wink nudge nudge hey hey hey! Will they kiss in the church?! sex party (the way all the Dugg weddings have been, as far as I know) for a horny 22-year-old. Too self-centered an event for the days in question, even given the non-celebratory way their churches usually commemorate them. I just don't get it. It seems like nothing but thoughtlessness, stupidity and disrespect. 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

The house is 4 miles from the tin mansion. Ugh.

Few can escape the vortex. I noticed the other day that Bin's new church seems to be only about 5 miles away, too. The Black Hole of JB and M. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Duggar Academy Final Exam Question: Which prepares you better for adult life?

A. Spending your late teens and early 20s looking for a job that's offered by somebody you're not related to; going to work every day at a job where your boss is not an immediate relative; learning stuff at college or at a trade school; learning to be on your own at college and messing up then getting up and trying again; choosing a career path based on stuff you learn at college or trade school and on your jobs; finding your own affordable house or apartment and paying for it yourself; learning to live alone or with people who aren't members of your family; getting to know people including potential mates through social and other events that weren't arranged by your parents and their cult; hanging out with and getting to know people you weren't introduced to by your parents;  forming friendships and romantic partnerships with people you didn't meet at a social event arranged by your parents' cult; having more than one romantic partnership before you decide to marry including some that aren't altogether happy.

Or

B. Being given a car by Daddy; being given a house by Daddy; having a job as Daddy's order taker; meeting new friends only through social events engineered by Daddy and Daddy's cult; meeting people through family-engineered social events but, no matter how many you meet, still calling your brothers or sisters (depending on your sex) your "best friends" and hanging out with them almost exclusively; never dating or even going with your same-sex peers to a dance or a party; meeting somebody at a social event arranged by Daddy's cult and marrying that person after a few months without ever having kissed them or even had many one-on-one, unmonitored conversations.

All the Duggarings would answer a resounding "B!!!!!" 

And this demonstrates the quality of the Duggar Education. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Nice house for someone that's ever worked a day in his life. A Josh-level fall of grace (without the sex) for this one, please.

For reals. I'd kill to have five acres, and this useless twat-waffle is having it handed to him for nothing. All he has to do is run (and lose) for election every couple years.

• Love 6
On 3/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, Zella said:

Saturday night! 

Really, Sunday is Easter lol

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Isn't calling it Easter a big no-no? It's called Resurrection Day among fundies.

I just made a mistake, then, in my post.. calling it Easter.. but Catholic . it is the resurrection.

Edited by Boston
  • Love 2

I'd be worried about my daughter marrying a boy who is this uneducated, sheltered and possibly -- by the looks of the house situation -- spoiled and largely unaware of what adult life, you know, requires.  And a boy who's tied to his parents not just by the usual stuff but by Daddy being such a major source of life's necessities and by financial obligation.....

I suppose that's not an issue here because all the Gothardites act and "think" (If they do think? Which.... dunno) from a place of fear. So the Nakatsus probably see this as now having Katey sheltered under three umbrellas of protection -- Daddy Nakatsu's and Jed!'s...and since Jed! so clearly remains under Daddy Duggar's umbrella, Katey's now under that one, too.

So Dad Nakatsu's fears are probably allayed by all this -- What raindrops can ever touch her with all these umbrellas around?!

I wouldn't be so sure.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Nice house for someone that's ever worked a day in his life. A Josh-level fall of grace (without the sex) for this one, please.

Yes, please. I join you in your call for karma to bite Jed! in his lily-white ass.

• LOL 11
5 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I wonder how they decide who gets what. The article also says that Justin got a $35,000 mobile home. So, is Jed 100 times more worthy than Justin?

Boob probably knew Duddy was just going to flip his, so he got a fixer upper. Looks like Jed!'s was move-in ready. 

• Useful 2
22 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I wonder how they decide who gets what. The article also says that Justin got a $35,000 mobile home. So, is Jed 100 times more worthy than Justin?

Well, the future President of the US can’t be living in a trailer.

• LOL 22
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We only know for sure that JB & M bought this house, right? They buy a lot of property, so it may not be for the soon to be newlyweds.

I'm wondering this too. I just checked the property records for both Benton County and Washington County, and Jed! has no property in his name in either one. The article claimed the purchase happened today, so maybe the records are a bit behind, but in my experience, they do update pretty quickly. If they did buy it for him and transferred it to him, we should be able to find that pretty soon. I can keep checking, and we'll see if anything pops up for Jed! If they do give him the house, I think it pretty much confirms that he's the new Golden Boy in Josh's stead. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm wondering this too. I just checked the property records for both Benton County and Washington County, and Jed! has no property in his name in either one. The article claimed the purchase happened today, so maybe the records are a bit behind, but in my experience, they do update pretty quickly. If they did buy it for him and transferred it to him, we should be able to find that pretty soon. I can keep checking, and we'll see if anything pops up for Jed! If they do give him the house, I think it pretty much confirms that he's the new Golden Boy in Josh's stead. 

Agreed. Boob is setting him up for the career that Smuggar bungled so badly. He already has sons following in his footsteps in other aspects of his life (used cars, real estate, house flipping). Politics is the final frontier. I won't say more until the show addresses anything he may do in the future. 😁

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Zella said:

The article says Jim Bob and Mullet bought the house a year ago, March 30, 2020. If they were going to transfer it to Smuggar 3.0, I'd think it would have been done by now. 

That house is one bland, boring 1970s house of dulls. I'd like to see photos of the inside and see if it's been updated at all. Happy wedding present, kids, here's some fake dark wood paneling, shag carpeting, and loud-ass floral wallpaper to start you off with. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The article says Jim Bob and Mullet bought the house a year ago, March 30, 2020. If they were going to transfer it to Smuggar 3.0, I'd think it would have been done by now. 

That house is one bland, boring 1970s house of dulls. I'd like to see photos of the inside and see if it's been updated at all. Happy wedding present, kids, here's some fake dark wood paneling, shag carpeting, and loud-ass floral wallpaper to start you off with. 

Well hey, if they were indeed gifted a house worth 320k, that frees them up to spend money to make the decor more modern. We normal heathens who have gone to college and pay for all our own stuff don't have that luxury. I'd still prefer to have my independence from my parents than to accept a house with all the strings attached, but that's because I didn't have my spirit and personality beat out and brainwashed out of me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

the picture shown in the article appears to be the house on Jed's car lot property. date JB purchased and price given match and the car lot is 4.4 miles from the TTH.

Screenshot (37).png

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

the picture shown in the article appears to be the house on Jed's car lot property. date JB purchased and price given match and the car lot is 4.4 miles from the TTH.

Screenshot (37).png

Must. Keep. All. Within. Five. Mile. Radius. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Haha I saw March 30, 202 and just filled in the 1 without paying attention! But yeah that makes it even less likely that it is a matter of the paperwork being delayed because it happened that day. 

21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I read somewhere a few days ago that the house sits on five acres and is in Springdale. Does this track with what the last article says? 

The Daily Fail claimed it was on a little over 5 acres and is in Springdale, but they play so fast and loose with facts, I would want to see the address before calling it Springdale. It's certainly possible it is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I thought maybe it was the house behind the car lot, but then I thought the Duggars already owned that. So were the Duggars and also Kendra's parents, renting the car lot space and the house from someone else?

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought maybe it was the house behind the car lot, but then I thought the Duggars already owned that. So were the Duggars and also Kendra's parents, renting the car lot space and the house from someone else?

House behind the car lot is on 5.7 acres. Duggar Properties LLC bought it in 2015. They sold it to the JB and Michelle Revocable Trust on 3/26/2020. File date 3/31/2020.

• Useful 4
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

House behind the car lot is on 5.7 acres. Duggar Properties LLC bought it in 2015. They sold it to the JB and Michelle Revocable Trust on 3/26/2020. File date 3/31/2020.

Oh, so they sold it to themselves. 

If this does end up being Jed's home, JB & M best take Jed! off the political career track. The next thing we'll know is Jed's working for FRC and its all down hill from there. 😬😁

• LOL 8
(edited)

so far the property is still listed to the JB and Michelle trust. Jed!'s LLC is listed to that address as well, but we'll see if the title changes to Jed!. The pattern with all Duggar spawn so far is you get a home, (Jessa, Joe, Joy & Justin, who sold his and went off to Texas) or you get the LLCs - josh/anna, Jana, JD, Josiah, Jed!, Jeer, Jason, James. Jeremy V had an LLC registered to the TTH address, that LLC is non current status now. Jill and Derick apparently demanded cash.

seeing pics of the house Katey's dad purchased in AR - I can't picture her or her daddy being happy with her living at the house on the car lot with what appears to be a Duggar junkyard behind it.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Catty comment here. Katey isn't as pretty as some of the wives. JMO. She's nice looking, but not as pretty.

At least they got a house with windows from JimBlob instead of living in a warehouse like Anna. 

And Jed! is going to keep himself pure etc. Ugh. What crap. Smh. Like a kiss would be so bad. I can't with these people. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Catty comment here. Katey isn't as pretty as some of the wives. JMO. She's nice looking, but not as pretty.

I agree and I don't think Jed is remotely attracted to her. I mean, Katey's not a troll or anything, she's just...bland. The brotherly pat on the back Jed gave her after the proposal says it all. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and I don't think Jed is remotely attracted to her. I mean, Katey's not a troll or anything, she's just...bland. The brotherly pat on the back Jed gave her after the proposal says it all. 

Yes. Bland, plain. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, I dunno. I mean, imagine if you were "proposing" to someone you DIDN'T CHOOSE. And it was filmed. It would be so awkward and uncomfortable. And how can you be attracted to someone you don't know? It's an arranged marriage, so surely it was difficult to feign the kind of lusty enthusiasm some of the other Duggar spawn exhibited.

(I'm not in any way defending this odd performance, just explaining how it looks to me)

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Oh, I dunno. I mean, imagine if you were "proposing" to someone you DIDN'T CHOOSE. And it was filmed. It would be so awkward and uncomfortable. And how can you be attracted to someone you don't know? It's an arranged marriage, so surely it was difficult to feign the kind of lusty enthusiasm some of the other Duggar spawn exhibited.

(I'm not in any way defending this odd performance, just explaining how it looks to me)

I'll agree with most of this except for the part about being attracted to someone you don't know. I think it's very possible - from random people who turn your head on the street, to one-night-stands, to genuine "love at first sight" stories where that initial attraction leads to a lifelong relationship. Very, very possible. Probably the most normal thing in the world, especially at that age. Half the relationships out there probably stem from an attraction between people who didn't previously know each other.

• Love 10

But meeting a cute stranger is one thing, meeting your "betrothed" is another. I think most people would be sick to their stomach with nerves and not really "in the mood" in a blind marriage kind of situation like this -- or at least I would be.

Plus, they made a big point in their vows about how they're going to be ultra, ultra chaste, so it's not really clear what's "ok" in terms of touching or showing attraction and what's not, and that puts more pressure on, too. Like if he were very attracted to her, what would that even look like in this incredibly uncomfortable and fraught situation?

I think Jed is batting WAYYYYYYY above his league with Katey in terms of looks, but she's some random stranger who will now be the most important person in his life and who he'll be intimate with in many ways that he's never been intimate with anyone. So I'm not surprised he seems a little uncomfortable and cold, I actually think that's normal, and would find it way weirder if he seemed just SUPER RARING TO GO at the proposal 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (37).png

Run Katey. Fake your death and start over, free from fundies. It's not too late, but will be after Saturday!

Imagine having your front yard be a used car lot, and being ok with it.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

I wonder if either of these kids had much say in any of this?  Are they just pawns in a fundie family super merger?

Well, if it really is a "biblical betrothal," then it's a merger of a kind because the parents are the ones who negotiate it ....

But of course those who believe in biblical betrothal all say that, in fact, these are best for the couple because the parents are wiser than young people and can understand future ramifications better. They do portray it as for the sake of the young people rather than for the sake of the families at all.

They also generally say that a young person can refuse a betrothal that's offered. However, if you refuse, you're basically refusing something that you aren't really able to examine and properly consider. And if another betrothal is offered you, you won't get to know that person in advance either......So....when do you stop refusing and just go with the flow? Especially since, by refusing, you're refusing to accept your parents' judgment. Which is a "not done" in a lot of these circles. And certainly in the Gothard circle. 

Anyway, Impossible to know for sure what the Nakatsus mean by "biblical betrothal," since it's in a password-protected place on their website. but I've never seen any definition of it that doesn't stress the fact that the parents make the arrangement and the young people have very little contact, including conversations or other communications -- and no or next to no unsupervised communication  -- before their wedding. So discussions of the pros and cons of the marriage are primarily conducted by the parents, on the usual definition. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Watch out for the April Fool's day announcement about these two breaking up. I hate all things April Fool's, so felt obligated to give a heads up.

I saw it, but didn’t read it, and ran joyfully to this site to enjoy the tea. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Justin is also at the TTH per Jase's Insta awkward photo re creation.

Dang the new Jer and Jing podcast must have to take another break so they can travel

They’ll fill the back order for the podcast sometime next year.

• LOL 17

So any guesses about the wedding party? Which brothers will be groomsmen? I assume Jer, sinner twin, will be best man. Katey only has one sister, so loads of Duggars could be bridesmaids. 

• Love 4