Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, awaken said:

Yes, the duties of being newly married keep one so busy. Especially without kids or a job. I’m sure she just has NO free time!  Like jinger being super busy with the one load of laundry per week for the two of them. 🙄

Well, she's finally discovered the meaning of her life. Fast and furious infant production to redound to the glory of Jim Bob and Meeechelle. Another numbered notch on their belts! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The Jedding is up on YouTube. I sort of watched the beginning but their wedding party was enormous! Meechelle’s dress looked familiar but I’m not sure why other than it was boring beige color. Even on your wedding day you still get only side hugs from your parents. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Jedding is up on YouTube. I sort of watched the beginning but their wedding party was enormous! Meechelle’s dress looked familiar but I’m not sure why other than it was boring beige color. Even on your wedding day you still get only side hugs from your parents. 

Someone posted it here yesterday. 😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, ozziemom said:

The Jedding is up on YouTube. I sort of watched the beginning but their wedding party was enormous! 

Who is the groomsman who looks exactly like Jed?  Not his twin but in the couple just before Jinger.  Or did he double back.

On 6/30/2021 at 1:09 AM, MunichNark said:

I still read "boinking together" every.single.time

Damn you. EVERY time I see this thread title, I think "boinking." And every time, it prompts a hard cackle. It's all your fault. 😆

Topic: It must be so weird for Katey Duggar, living in BF Arkansas (or close to BF) and married to Jedidiah. I wonder how long they actually knew each other, as in spoke to each other, before they were married. "Sweet friends," whom they saw across the mob at fundie events but never spent time with, don't count. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Damn you. EVERY time I see this thread title, I think "boinking." And every time, it prompts a hard cackle. It's all your fault. 😆

Topic: It must be so weird for Katey Duggar, living in BF Arkansas (or close to BF) and married to Jedidiah. I wonder how long they actually knew each other, as in spoke to each other, before they were married. "Sweet friends," whom they saw across the mob at fundie events but never spent time with, don't count. 

I read it that way, too!  Is Katey officially pregnant, yet?  And I wonder if Claire is?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

My brother is moving to BOINKING Beach (again, can't unsee the word).  Boynton beach.  Been there - it's nice.. but too hot

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Yea "love of his life" as if he has anything to compare this relationship to? Puleeze.

"Best friend" and "love of my life" about someone that they marry, only being acquaintances for a few months, and without practically any physical contact, and never being alone together?  FFS.

I wonder how many of these couples are truly happy together.  I hope that they at least manage to be kind and considerate to one another.  

Not knowing either of Jed! and wife, from outward appearances, he got lucky with that smarmy smug face of his to find someone that good-looking, willing to marry into that family.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He doesn't look like a kind person. I want to snack the smug off his face in every picture.

Now that the show is over I think life will do that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I see he scarfed down his meal real quick. Is he gaining weight??? Andddd wearing hats in a restaurant is a no for me. 

Same for me. Take your hat off when you enter any building. Especially a restaurant or someones home. And yah, he does look heavier. Josh 2.0.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Katey is modeling for the Bates clothing store. Jed! and her must be hanging in TN.

Yeah there are glimpses of Jed! and Katey in Carlin Bates Instagram today too. Carlin is tired because she was up late with close old friends, I’m guessing they stayed with her? Also they were all at Chick’fl including a ton of various Bateses. Speaking of, does Katie always have Willow with her? What is Josie going to do once Katie moves to New Jersey? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yeah there are glimpses of Jed! and Katey in Carlin Bates Instagram today too. Carlin is tired because she was up late with close old friends, I’m guessing they stayed with her? Also they were all at Chick’fl including a ton of various Bateses. Speaking of, does Katie always have Willow with her? What is Josie going to do once Katie moves to New Jersey? 

If course they went to the fundiest and most hateful restaurants - Cracker Barrel and CFA

Blah.

BC23224C-F756-4B23-8CDB-0B56A76AFE9B.jpeg

BDCA21F9-ECBC-416F-BADE-0C0E16740015.jpeg

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Since when is Katey BFF's with the Bateseses? This seems like such a random pairing. I wonder how Lauren feels. Wasn't she sucking up to Carlin not too long ago?

There are pictures of Katey and her family from about 6-7 years ago of some of the Bates visiting them in Arizona. Must have been Gil scouting out potential cult members. So it seems like Katey may have known the Bates before the Duggars.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

What's wrong with Cracker Barrel? They have good food there; I love their roast beef dinner and their breakfasts. Haven't been there in a long while though. I also enjoy CFA's chicken sandwiches and fries. When I'm hungry and want to go out to eat; I don't really concern myself with managements' politics really, we are all entitled to our personal beliefs. 

On another note, why do those women wear sneakers with dresses? Whitney looks awful with those sneakers and Katey is wearing those fundie caramel color sandals. Not a decent pair of shoes between them in these photos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

On another note, why do those women wear sneakers with dresses? Whitney looks awful with those sneakers and Katey is wearing those fundie caramel color sandals. Not a decent pair of shoes between them in these photos.

Wearing sneakers with dresses is supposed to make the dress more casual.  I do this with my Chuck Taylors and only those.  It works with that type of sneaker or a pair of Vans or Keds.  The type of sneaker with a small sole, not the ones Katey is wearing.  Katey's shoes are giving me 80s sneakers flashbacks.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 8/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, ozziemom said:

There are pictures of Katey and her family from about 6-7 years ago of some of the Bates visiting them in Arizona. Must have been Gil scouting out potential cult members. So it seems like Katey may have known the Bates before the Duggars.

That trip happened soon after Katey's dad became a Gothard devotee. So it's hard to say which Gothardites they met first, or whether they met them all at the same time, I think.

Gil may be have been official with IBLP at that time? --still on the board or just off it? And if so, I think that may have been why Katey's family got to know the Bateses earlier.

Katey's dad has some money and spent a long time as a successful big-tech-business sales guy, and so on.....So he would have been very much the kind of person the IBLP leaders would have been extremely interested in snagging and holding onto at that time, as they were really beginning to bleed money and credibility. So somebody like Kory Nakatsu coming on and being as fervent as he apparently is about all the Gothard-y type super-offspring-control stuff and keep-women-behind-closed-doors  stuff would almost certainly have brought on a blitz and love bombing marathon from the top IBLPers, I suspect. 

And then when Gil saw that the moneyed guy had virginal teen daughters within age range of his sons.....he got a personal agenda to go with his shore-up-the-tottering-cult-I-make-money-off-of agenda..

The Duggs have been the public face of IBLP, but they don't ever seem to have had much to do with the administration end....So they were sent out on different kinds of recruiting missions, I would guess. 

EMLTA: I'm pretty sure Nathan was on that trip and, I think, Carlin.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Regarding the “fashion” pictures, both of the dresses that Whitney and Katey are wearing would look cute if:

They were shorter. 
They were properly acceccorized with decent shoes and decent belts.

The dress that Carlin has on looks like something Minnie Pearl (or perhaps Minnie Mouse) would have worn. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

What's wrong with Cracker Barrel? They have good food there; I love their roast beef dinner and their breakfasts. Haven't been there in a long while though. I also enjoy CFA's chicken sandwiches and fries. When I'm hungry and want to go out to eat; I don't really concern myself with managements' politics really, we are all entitled to our personal beliefs. 

I always wear white sneakers with my dresses! I have tons of white sneakers--different types, platforms, canvas, leather, designer, you name it! I think they look cute! To each his own, I suppose! I'm a little disturbed that I saw the dress with sneakers and I thought her outfit was cute. : )  

• Love 12
18 hours ago, zenme said:

I always wear white sneakers with my dresses! I have tons of white sneakers--different types, platforms, canvas, leather, designer, you name it! I think they look cute! To each his own, I suppose! I'm a little disturbed that I saw the dress with sneakers and I thought her outfit was cute. : )  

I don't wear sneakers with dresses myself, but that's partly because I only wear dresses to dress up a bit. I do have some skirts I've worn sneakers with.

I think that one is the best by far of the four outfits, for my taste, anyway. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Saw more in Carlin’s video of the Jed! and Katey visit to TN. Apparently the guys went golfing and for a minute I thought Josh was there. Jed! is looking a bit chunky as well as smug. I guess he and Katey were passing through! Summer vacation?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, ozziemom said:

Back the bus up...what Bates/Duggar/adjacent is coming to NJ??? We don't want them. 

• LOL 7
32 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Back the bus up...what Bates/Duggar/adjacent is coming to NJ??? We don't want them. 

Katie’s fiancé is from NJ and he bought a house that he is renovating there. We shall see how long they live there after the December wedding. Seems like the pull of the Bateses brings everyone back to Tennessee. Except for Alyssa and John - I don’t see them ever leaving Florida. So you may be seeing lots of the Bates clan visiting NJ, lol.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2021 at 5:30 PM, Boston said:

God, I hate Cracker Barrel (JMO)

When they first opened out here the food was really good. The last time I went they served me a piece of ham that was so salty and dried out, I couldn't eat it. I haven't been back. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Katie’s fiancé is from NJ and he bought a house that he is renovating there. We shall see how long they live there after the December wedding. Seems like the pull of the Bateses brings everyone back to Tennessee. Except for Alyssa and John - I don’t see them ever leaving Florida. So you may be seeing lots of the Bates clan visiting NJ, lol.

Oh no...have they said roughly where in NJ? Honestly I'm just really really curious. Most of the state is both expensive and more liberal, but if they're settling in south Jersey they can probably find some like-minded folks. 

• Love 4
Just now, questionfear said:

Oh no...have they said roughly where in NJ? Honestly I'm just really really curious. Most of the state is both expensive and more liberal, but if they're settling in south Jersey they can probably find some like-minded folks. 

Don't worry, Katie won't last six months. She's crazy attached to her family and once the novelty of newlywed life wears off, she'll be whining to go back to Tennessee. Even conservative enclaves of New Jersey will be too much of a culture shock for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I’m pretty sure it’s south NJ, but it won’t be south enough for Katie probably. His family seems to have some sort of music business 

• Useful 2
31 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I’m pretty sure it’s south NJ, but it won’t be south enough for Katie probably. His family seems to have some sort of music business 

Yes, they're in south NJ. Can't remember the name of the place.