Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

One of Gothard's big tenets was that followers should be self employed and that the father is the head of the family.  He felt that multi-generations of family should basically live and work together, in a business owned by the father which is what JB and M have done.

The fact that the kids were poorly home educated, rarely exposed to the outside world and taught that anyone not following Gothard was evil and would lead them astray, means that none of them really had the tools, at least at age 18, to strike out on their own and get a better education or explore another line of work.

We suspect that, in the end, JB pulls all financial strings in the family and the LLC's are used for tax purposes and the kids don't really control them.

So how does a man such as Jim Bob expect his derpy band of half-wit sons to actually run these businesses when they don't have any real education?  Or are these "businesses" really just empty storefronts?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So how does a man such as Jim Bob expect his derpy band of half-wit sons to actually run these businesses when they don't have any real education?  Or are these "businesses" really just empty storefronts?

That's my guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

some of them seem like sort of legit businesses as far as a real company. but that they still all just work for JB for him to profit is most likely.

for example the J and J services, which is James and ?, seems to be an excavation service co.  Jason's Build Master Construction seems to somehow build houses without a general contractor's license. He has a license for remodel or light repair per state of AR find a licensed contractor site.

"Found 1 contractor(s):
BUILD MASTER CONSTRUCTION LLC Light Building - (Commercial & Residential), Remodeling, Renovations, Restoration, Alterations

Exceptions:

(1) =For commercial contractors with the Light Building classification, a $750,000 bid limit only applies to light building classification work. For other classifications the $750,000 bid limit does not apply."

But they seem to only work on properties owned by the family. Jason has "built" several houses all on lots owned by one or another duggar llc. Joe has supposedly sold 2 or 3 of them.

this seems to be the new Duggar money maker.

Jed's car lot seems to have, and maybe sell, junkers they buy at auction.

Jeer's Learn to Fly Here! had an actual website without the Duggar name, that listed various flight classes and their costs. but the site was suddenly shut down. Did he train anyone other than mediccorps and duggar cronies? who knows.

• Useful 10

i was trying to think of a better way of explaining this.

say Josiah, through his llc buys a vacant lot for $7,000, james, hired through his llc clears and grades the lot, jason, is hired through his llc to build a house, Jana, through her llc is hired as decorator/designer. Joe sells the house for $350,000 and all the profit is filtered through all these Duggar llcs and taxed at the kidults tax level.  rather than at JB's tax level. All the money stays within JB's control, but he pays less taxes.  Since none of them have any other real income, the taxes are probably quite low when divided up this way.

Shady as hell, but I believe it is all perfectly legal.

• Useful 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i was trying to think of a better way of explaining this.

say Josiah, through his llc buys a vacant lot for $7,000, james, hired through his llc clears and grades the lot, jason, is hired through his llc to build a house, Jana, through her llc is hired as decorator/designer. Joe sells the house for $350,000 and all the profit is filtered through all these Duggar llcs and taxed at the kidults tax level.  rather than at JB's tax level. All the money stays within JB's control, but he pays less taxes.  Since none of them have any other real income, the taxes are probably quite low when divided up this way.

And their accountant is kept busy, minimizing everyone’s taxes. All quite legal but definitely requires someone with strong control over all the individuals.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Federal prosecutors just confirmed today that at least one person bought more than one car from one of the Duggar car lots. (It's in one of their responses to Josh Duggar's attorneys.)

Of course, prosecutors didn't mention how much the car lot MADE from that sale.

• Useful 7
8 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m still shocked they left the van running for fear it wouldn’t start back up. That’s bad for business.

Did she wait the five minutes of whatever in the Walmart bathroom and text Jed! from the bathroom, or did she have it out and about in the Walmart? So odd

They were probably both in the "Family" restroom, preventing others from using it while they waited.

• Useful 1
On 9/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, laurakaye said:

My guess is pretty darn close to empty storefronts. ....

Not only do the kids not have any real education, I see very little evidence that he makes any effort to train up, apprentice, provide beginner management-level work or otherwise assist his sons to rise to positions of greater responsibility in his alleged "family business." Looks to me as if he mostly just moves them around like checkers into places convenient for him as he plays his checker game. 

Treats the sons like he treats the money in the tons of llcs, in other words.  

The Duggar Parents are failures in every way, seems to me. 

• Love 16
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Largely thanks to the 2017 "tax reform" bill. 

Tax Reform Designed For Grifters and Enthusiastic Cheats  (Some non-grifters and actual well-functioning businesspeople may also have benefited to some extent from the bill -- but that was entirely coincidental and never our intention!) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

JimBoob must think God decided he was the most godly, deserving and special man so he’s going to live forever. So his kids will be ok as long as they stay under his control. No need to teach them anything, in fact the less they know, the better.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

JimBoob must think God decided he was the most godly, deserving and special man so he’s going to live forever. So his kids will be ok as long as they stay under his control. No need to teach them anything, in fact the less they know, the better.

JimBoob… yeah. He thinks he is the most godly, deserving and special. God? Yeah, i think He has other ideas… 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I think JB doesn't give a nickel what happens to the kids once he's gone; he won't be here, it doesn't matter.  In the meantime, he isn't going to risk letting them fritter away his hard grifted cash.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I think JB doesn't give a nickel what happens to the kids once he's gone; he won't be here, it doesn't matter.  In the meantime, he isn't going to risk letting them fritter away his hard grifted cash.

“Apres moi, le deluge!”

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Nothing much happening here, is there? Perhaps not quite so much boinking after all?

Well they're already pregnant, so they've accomplished what they wanted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if Katey's mom gave her the speech about being readily available even when you're big pregnant?

Maybe some of the girls enjoy sex and want it even in pregnancy? I remember those hormones, I was horny (sorry for TMI) a lot. And I was on bed rest so no sex for me

And my friends all enjoy it even when pregnant

• Love 6

My best friend woke me up this morning to tell me she was a grandmother. I already knew that b/c her oldest son and his wife have an 8 month old baby girl. She said she had a new grandbaby, so I figured it was youngest son and his girlfriend. Nope, oldest son's wife didn't know she was pregnant. She thought she just hadn't lost her baby weight & didn't have a period b/c she was breastfeeding exclusively. Their baby boy was born at home and delivered by his daddy who called 911 b/c he didn't know if he should cut the cord. The baby is 5 lbs 8 oz and healthy. Also nameless b/c they never did agree on a boy name for their first and have no idea where to start for this baby.
I took my friend to Dutch Bros. and the bakery for lattes & donuts to celebrate. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Katey is so pretty. Why is she married to that cretin? Ugh.

It's nice that she's maintaining relationships with her siblings. 

I'm impressed she's not cradling her baby belly. How else are we supposed to know she's pregnant? 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

I feel like you'd have to be guzzling the Kool-Aid pretty hard to marry into the Duggar family after apparently having a moderately normal early childhood. So, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Katey was uber-fundie.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel like you'd have to be guzzling the Kool-Aid pretty hard to marry into the Duggar family after apparently having a moderately normal early childhood. So, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Katey was uber-fundie.

And totally lacking a sense of humor. 

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So she’s passing out tracts from the Caldwell church? Is she so Fundie she attends this church too?

That's not the Caldwell church. That's the new church the Duggars migrated to after the kerfuffle between Boob and Paul Caldwell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's not the Caldwell church. That's the new church the Duggars migrated to after the kerfuffle between Boob and Paul Caldwell.

Oh I guess I thought I saw Paul Caldwell’s name on the card. All these churches names are too similar to keep straight!

• Love 2

D'oh! I stand corrected! Why was I thinking Lighthouse Baptist was the Duggar's new church?. Their church is Gospel Light Baptist. 

This is interesting, especially since Jed plays softball for Gospel Light. Then again, I've heard that the Duggars took much of Caldwell's congregation with them, so maybe there aren't enough men to field a team at Lighthouse Baptist.

• Useful 2

I don't know how the Duggar snark community keeps track of all the churches the Duggars have attended. I'm guessing they've belonged to at least half a dozen churches since they stopped home churching. 

Is that the norm?

Most of my church/synagogue going friends remain at the same house of worship unless they move. Many have seen their grandchildren baptized in the same church they were baptized in or seen their grandkids have their bar/bat mitzvah in the same synagogue. 

Do Jed and Katey live near their church? And do any of the Duggars attend the same church as JD and Abbie?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know how the Duggar snark community keeps track of all the churches the Duggars have attended. I'm guessing they've belonged to at least half a dozen churches since they stopped home churching. 

Is that the norm?

Most of my church/synagogue going friends remain at the same house of worship unless they move. Many have seen their grandchildren baptized in the same church they were baptized in or seen their grandkids have their bar/bat mitzvah in the same synagogue. 

Plus, I think they started and restarted the home church a couple of times, with new people. 

And I'm pretty sure that's not the norm for anybody. My bet is it happens because of JB and M's insistence on being treated like the top dogs in every group they're in and having everybody in the church get on board with all their whims...or get out. ...Some reports from people who've been in churches with them have described it that way, too.   

Sort of the way their children are told they can't choose their own careers or educations or ways of living either. 

Jim Bob and Meeechelle are self-centered jerks, and being on television hasn't helped them with this tendency. If they start another church of their own they should call it Jerks for Jesus. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Jim Bob and Meeechelle are self-centered jerks, and being on television hasn't helped them with this tendency. If they start another church of their own they should call it Jerks for Jesus. 

Taking my reply to the JB and Meech topic.

Edited by Jeeves
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that the norm?

I dunno, but it does seem to happen fairly often amongst these fundie families who consider themselves to be Godlier than thou.  The Rodriguii have flounced away from a church or two after David decided they weren't following the Bible properly.  I believe they also were asked to leave a church in NY state after David threw a hissy because he didn't feel the preachers were strict enough.  That precipitated their move to W. Virginia a few years back.  That was the church were they later arrived at a funeral and attempted to set up their instruments and play for the service despite not having been invited to do so.

There seems to be a certain personality type that is drawn to these fundy churches, IMO.  A lot of these headships are very insecure and seem to want to throw their weight around whenever they can and it seems to lead to conflict with church leadership.  No wonder they're all so excited about home churches.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I dunno, but it does seem to happen fairly often amongst these fundie families who consider themselves to be Godlier than thou.  The Rodriguii have flounced away from a church or two after David decided they weren't following the Bible properly.  I believe they also were asked to leave a church in NY state after David threw a hissy because he didn't feel the preachers were strict enough.  That precipitated their move to W. Virginia a few years back.  That was the church were they later arrived at a funeral and attempted to set up their instruments and play for the service despite not having been invited to do so.

There seems to be a certain personality type that is drawn to these fundy churches, IMO.  A lot of these headships are very insecure and seem to want to throw their weight around whenever they can and it seems to lead to conflict with church leadership.  No wonder they're all so excited about home churches.

Plus they need a church where the patriarch is allowed to preach like David does at their church. I’m sure if the church they go to now told David or Phil or Sammers that they couldn’t preach, JillR would be at a new place ASAP.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Plus they need a church where the patriarch is allowed to preach like David does at their church. I’m sure if the church they go to now told David or Phil or Sammers that they couldn’t preach, JillR would be at a new place ASAP.

Also if they didn't get any love offerings from the church.

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Davey has a whole lot of weight to throw around 🤣

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2