Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't understand that part. Jed said the hospital wouldn't let Katey eat after midnight (if I heard right), and then he went to get her McDonald's

Are they that stupid?

She still wasn't in active labor, she was waiting to be induced the next morning I think. She was just monitored

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Jed said the hospital wouldn't let Katey eat after midnight (if I heard right), and then he went to get her McDonald's

Are they that stupid?

Yes, they really are.

They're ignorant, but ignorance can be overcome if one has humility and the desire to learn. The problem with the Duggars is that they're proudly, willfully ignorant, convinced that they're innately superior to everyone else and above the rules that guide other people.

• Love 9

In my area, in the 80s, MDs typically waited two full weeks for any interventions for an uneventful pregnancy. But there were a handful of reasons to induce earlier. It seems now though, they start talking about intervention in the 40th and 41st weeks.

I skipped through the video and only saw about 5 seconds of it. Had labor even started? Had the MDs done anything yet? Katey seemed to be there a long time with nothing happening. Back in the 80s, the time of drive-thru births, they would of sent them home and told them to come back when labor started. They also would have discouraged any food.

• Useful 2

Except of the food thing, I like Katey, she seems nice.

Baby True sounds like a girl

@GeeGolly she was admitted on her due date, they examined her, and they monitored the baby. It was said that the next day they will induce because nothing is happening. She was bouncing on a ball, trying to get things started.

In the night, after McDonald's, the baby's heart rate dropped at 70, but climbed back when Katey moved her position

• Useful 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't understand that part. Jed said the hospital wouldn't let Katey eat after midnight (if I heard right), and then he went to get her McDonald's

Are they that stupid?

She still wasn't in active labor, she was waiting to be induced the next morning I think. She was just monitored

He clearly said that it was before midnight when he was going to get the food. It was her last chance to eat before she had to refrain. It starts around the  9:10 mark in the video.

He wasn't being stupid or ignorant. Eating at that time was medically approved. 

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 7
  • Love 8

Katey is an example of how the real world shapes a person. Kendra would probably be a lot like her if she was raised in the wild too.

Just normal folks with pleasant demeanors. No defensiveness, no arrogance.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I don't mind listening to Katey in the video, but whenever I hear Jed! I just think he sounds so much like FF. It didn't help that he was the one filming and so I couldn't see his face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Truett is better than Spurgeon, but that is a damn low bar.

When I hear "True" I think Truman Capote (RIP Robert Morse), and I doubt that's the role model they would like for this kid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I don't care what Jed! Duggar or Wikipedia say, Truett does not mean 'Warrior for Christ'. 

I like True for either a boy or girl and I like surnames for first names, so I have no issues with Truett. I do think that Oliver Truett flows better than Truett Oliver, but it doesn't grind my gears like using Spurgeon Elliott instead of Elliott Spurgeon does.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't care what Jed! Duggar or Wikipedia say, Truett does not mean 'Warrior for Christ'. 

I like True for either a boy or girl and I like surnames for first names, so I have no issues with Truett. I do think that Oliver Truett flows better than Truett Oliver, but it doesn't grind my gears like using Spurgeon Elliott instead of Elliott Spurgeon does.

I also felt the need to verify if Jed was correct, and I concur.  Wikipedia is crowd sourced and has the potential to be incorrect, and the Truett page is one of those times.  I also looked beyond the first result on Google and no other source has that particular definition listed.  All other sources have it as an English surname taken from a village in England, Trewhitt in Northumbria.  

On a side note, the only way you could name your child something that means "warrior for Christ" is by naming the child Warrior-for-Christ.  You could get a name that means "warrior for god" or "warrior for the gods" or "warrior for a specific god of war" but never the Christian Jesus.  The early Christian churches were not made up of warriors, and by the time Christians became warriors in the Crusades, naming conventions in various Christian nations had already been established. Those naming conventions sprung from the mythology and religions found in their regions before the spread of Christianity or they were derived from Greek or Latin or Hebrew and tied heavily into the names from the Bible or a melding of pagan and Christian traditions.  This is why the Puritans crafted such bonkers names.  The established names in England were either too-pagan or too-Catholic for them.  

• Useful 10
33 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

All other sources have it as an English surname taken from a village in England, Trewhitt in Northumbria. 

I'd imagine of Anglo-Saxon origin.  The German word for true is treu but pronounced like "troy."

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

All other sources have it as an English surname taken from a village in England, Trewhitt in Northumbria.  

That makes way more sense to me. I didn't think the definition they gave made sense from an etymological standpoint, but I didn't have a chance to do any digging.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

That makes way more sense to me. I didn't think the definition they gave made sense from an etymological standpoint, but I didn't have a chance to do any digging.

I am by far an expert on the history of names and the history of languages, but I did ping Truett as being of English and therefore Germanic in origin. Christ is Greek and also a word that has been very consistent throughout the spread of Christianity in Europe.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

True is a unisex name. Khloe Kardashian's daughter is named True. 

I wouldn't trust a Kardashian to know if a name was feminine or masculine, but truly (lol) all names are unisex if we go by that. There's Michael Learned and Michael Bates, but I would still consider them "boy" names. And Leslie Nielson and Carroll O'Connor.

But I'm not a Duggar. I have a female child with a "boy's" first name.

• Love 5

There are lot of English "boy" names that are considered "girl" names.  Leslie, Evelyn, Marion, Shirley, Vivian, Gail, Lynn--these are the ones that come to mind quickly.  I had a great-uncle Shirley.  I've known a male Vivian and Marion.  And a Gail.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

If you haven’t got Instagram or just don’t wanna click this is what they posted: 

E5CC8E39-719E-4D90-99E9-397DA3E2BE73.thumb.jpeg.3554bc15c8504dcf24d88a6586fef26c.jpeg

B5F4223D-4417-4B86-AA31-B81C5D4C56DA.thumb.jpeg.8479ef59660e14791c2f6374bfed4a77.jpeg

BE3C7946-2C81-4D79-BA71-F34B889918A2.thumb.jpeg.d85ed61edb1b3383f5353735757f41ce.jpeg
D278404C-992F-4D16-B8B2-E6B3CD2C3B13.thumb.jpeg.ce043d99763598c7418bebb214a0226b.jpeg

426B4647-47F3-4ADF-9CA2-9CF88EC0BC9F.thumb.jpeg.660b9a2981dd0ddf8d4cfb290dc46c3f.jpeg

There's something different somehow in his face/expression.   First time ever seeing his face doesn't make me want to slap him.   His expression seems a bit emotional, which is to be expected in a newly minted parent.   I can only hope it's a positive indication and that those feelings might ultimately move his heart and his mind to open up and consider pursuing a new path for his family, one far different than he has walked where his parents led him and his siblings. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Heistheway White would like a chat about that.

I always root for one of them to name their kid If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Do you think MEchelle even cares that she has another grandchild, or if it’s just another Tuesday in her world?

Taco Tuesday is more important than a new grand baby.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wouldn't trust a Kardashian to know if a name was feminine or masculine, but truly (lol) all names are unisex if we go by that. There's Michael Learned and Michael Bates, but I would still consider them "boy" names. And Leslie Nielson and Carroll O'Connor.

But I'm not a Duggar. I have a female child with a "boy's" first name.

As a kid, I had a female friend named Ashley. I was shocked when I read Gone With the Wind a few years later and a MAN was named Ashley! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for the clarification for the food run.  Now onto my next question. In this day and age of short hospital stays and insurance monitoring - why was she admitted the night before she was induced? 
When my doctor induced my labor, he did it around 6 in the evening after his day of seeing patients. He had seen me that morning and told me to go to the hospital around 5. 
I don’t think insurance would have been happy about paying for a full day for Katie unless they were told she had a problem. 

I always find the ‘ this name means x’ information suspect. Names are names.  Why would a name mean ‘ strong, courageous, warrior for Christ’ or anything else? Words that describe emotions or objects have meanings.  Names are just ways of addressing a particular person  rather than calling everyone ‘Hey you’. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Zella said:

I always root for one of them to name their kid If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned.

How did the Puritans not use that? (Someday I will have 2 white male cats and name them Cotton and Increase.)

• LOL 8

This was on a baby name site (bolding mine):

Truett is one of the trendier names in the Tru- family (True, Truman etc), which was used for 92 boys in the US last year. Truett is deeply associated with the Baptist church in the Southern USA due to former leader George Truett. Truitt is another spelling, less commonly used.

And oh dear - Magdolna, Ellamae, Triolet and Tenacity were the feminine sounding names included in the list.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Thanks for the clarification for the food run.  Now onto my next question. In this day and age of short hospital stays and insurance monitoring - why was she admitted the night before she was induced? 

I was about to ask this same question. Hospitals generally don’t admit that early because insurance won’t pay. Something is off here.

• Love 2

May 2. My birthday is saved. Oliver Truett would have been better, but honestly, I don't care. Just another Duggar kid.

I wonder how many grandkids there will end up being. My great-grandparents had 13 kids over 27 years and nine months (stuff it, Mullet) and 65 grandkids. I'm sure it would have have been way more had the pill not been invented. 

29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I was about to ask this same question. Hospitals generally don’t admit that early because insurance won’t pay. Something is off here.

Not necessarily. Two of my cousins were admitted the night before their inductions. I think some doctors do that so they don't have a middle-of-the-night delivery if labor runs long. 

• Useful 4
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

May 2. My birthday is saved. Oliver Truett would have been better, but honestly, I don't care. Just another Duggar kid.

I wonder how many grandkids there will end up being. My great-grandparents had 13 kids over 27 years and nine months (stuff it, Mullet) and 65 grandkids. I'm sure it would have have been way more had the pill not been invented. 

Not necessarily. Two of my cousins were admitted the night before their inductions. I think some doctors do that so they don't have a middle-of-the-night delivery if labor runs long. 

Are the doctors expecting the women to go into labor the night before the induction?

• Love 3
On 4/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, BitterApple said:

I agree, it's definitely not an attractive surname. 

My married surname is a blunt, one syllable name beginning with schr.  We made sure to give our daughter a flowing name with three syllables in her first and middle names.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Are the doctors expecting the women to go into labor the night before the induction?

They both started their inductions at something like 5 AM. Wee hour (haha) induction, potentially long labor = wee hour delivery that the doctor, who presumably enjoys sleep, wants to avoid. The early check-in was just for monitoring, I think. 

I remember my stepmother was told in 1987 to report to the hospital the night before her induction. I was watching her do her hair when the hospital called and told her to arrive the next morning instead. Stepmother was pissed. 

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They both started their inductions at something like 5 AM. Wee hour (haha) induction, potentially long labor = wee hour delivery that the doctor, who presumably enjoys sleep, wants to avoid. The early check-in was just for monitoring, I think. 

I remember my stepmother was told in 1987 to report to the hospital the night before her induction. I was watching her do her hair when the hospital called and told her to arrive the next morning instead. Stepmother was pissed. 

That all makes sense, but it’s hard to believe that the insurance companies will pay for it. I’ve seen hospitals release patients just hours after childbirth. When I had a hysterectomy, I only spent one night in the hospital before insurance made them release me. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, anyasmom said:

Maybe the hospital was afraid they'd be late for an early morning induction.   Since Jed and Katey probably run on "Duggar time."

The hospital may have been, but the insurance company may not pay for that overnight stay. 

My DIL was induced 7 years ago, and they had her come in the night before. They did an insert that evening to try and get her dilating and laboring on her own. I'm assuming it's less costly than a pitocin drip, so viewed as worth it even if it's an extra night in the hospital. It did work in her case, although labor was slow. 

But I feel you, @Cinnabon. I had a hysterectomy in March, and I was on the way home about 3-ish hours after I woke up in recovery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That all makes sense, but it’s hard to believe that the insurance companies will pay for it. I’ve seen hospitals release patients just hours after childbirth. When I had a hysterectomy, I only spent one night in the hospital before insurance made them release me. 

Insurance companies don't want to get sued, especially if a newborn and mother are involved. I remember when new mothers and babies were sent home within hours. Insurance companies got some blowback in the media as well as lawsuits, and things changed.

My stepmother had no insurance, one cousin had private insurance, one had state insurance. Interestingly, all three ended up with unplanned caesareans; two were semi-emergency. 

Back to topic: I don't find it unusual or weird that Katey Duggar checked in the night before her induction. She's a first-time mom like my stepmother and both cousins were; I'm guessing her doctor was concerned she'd have a very long labor and deliver at 3 AM. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2