Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are in their 90s. Michelle is in her 50s.

She does look short there, but the only sources I could find say 5'2" for Michelle's height.

Meech was 5'2" or at most 5'3" at her tallest. She's noticably shorter than Jana and Joy who are the shortest daughters. I hope she's being treated for her obvious osteoporosis.

• Love 8
(edited)

Different hairstyle, Jim Bob in dress shoes, not sneakers. This is from 2002. I think she’s gotten frail looking, but I don’t see much of a height difference. I could be wrong.

474321BE-B640-4024-A8D1-0900A72D382E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That picture is from 2002. This picture just cropped out all the kids 

Thank you, I corrected it.

3 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Her hair adds about 6" to her height in that photo, but she looks as though she comes up to his shoulder in both this photo and the recent one.

That’s what it looks like to me. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I am 7 years older than Michelle, only had 3 kids, do not have osteoporosis, and I have lost 2 inches in height.  It has happened slowly, but one day I was standing next to my husband and he seemed so much taller.  We measured my height and sure enough my 5'2" is now 5'.  

Recently I visited my daughter (we are all fully vaccinated) and when she hugged me she said, "Wow, you HAVE gotten shorter." 

Michelle looks really shrunken though.  I don't think all those pregnancies did her any favors.

Just to clarify:  I may be shorter, but I certainly do not look shrunken like Michelle does. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

This photo and the events surrounding it mark the season of life when I discovered the existence of Jim Bob Duggar, learned a lot about him pretty quickly, and started hating his guts. My loathing has done nothing but deepen and intensify since.

It's now 19 years of loathing and disgust. And I've barely ever even seen him on television. He's sickeningly arrogant, ignorant, manipulative, smarmy, childish, shallow, exceptionally poor in judgment, and selfish as hell. Can't stand to look at this picture -- although I do kind of love the multiple failures that followed it. Yet I don't think he ever learned anything from any of them. Or that he's learning anything now. 

Meeechelle's more of a mystery to me. But her arrogant little expression and her sickening baby dress have never impressed me either. 

It's absolutely beyond my imagination how people can admire these egomaniacal fools. 

Because Jesus. That's all it takes; mention you follow the right kind of Jesus, and it's sweet and quaint and even admirable to be "training up" a brood of kids that you have neither the resources nor desire to have. If you're not Christian, or don't look a certain way, or take money from the evil government to feed and house them, you're to be criticized, disdained, used as an example of what not to do. 

I'm really surprised that Josh wasn't sent to live with Jed and his new bride since they're geographically not too far away and are the only ones nearby without kids. I wonder if Jed was asked by his mom and dad to take Josh in and he said no? Or did JB and M think that perhaps the newlyweds want some time for just them? 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I'm really surprised that Josh wasn't sent to live with Jed and his new bride since they're geographically not too far away and are the only ones nearby without kids. I wonder if Jed was asked by his mom and dad to take Josh in and he said no? Or did JB and M think that perhaps the newlyweds want some time for just them? 

Perhaps the lawyers thought a non-relative had a better chance of being approved as a guardian. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Perhaps the lawyers thought a non-relative had a better chance of being approved as a guardian. 

I think that the rules someone posted here said "no relatives." It was from a different state, though, so that may not be the reason.

For JB and J'chelle, marriage is a big carrot. Once you get married you become an adult with some agency: you can have sex, spend time alone, go to the bathroom by yourself, etc. If getting married puts you in line to host Josh, that's a huge, gigantic stick dwarfing that little carrot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Because Jesus. That's all it takes; mention you follow the right kind of Jesus, and it's sweet and quaint and even admirable to be "training up" a brood of kids that you have neither the resources nor desire to have. If you're not Christian, or don't look a certain way, or take money from the evil government to feed and house them, you're to be criticized, disdained, used as an example of what not to do. 

I'm sure he at least thought of asking. 

But having spent a lot of time last year lining up these new prosperous in-laws while at least half-lying or maybe totally lying to them about the DHS raid just being a big government mistake (or act of Christian persecution or just NBD), maybe he decided not to further risk the new money connection by making their daughter cook and clean for Josh.

And of course, as you mention, Katey and Jed! need some alone time to get on with the babymaking....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I wonder if Jed was asked by his mom and dad to take Josh in and he said no?

I cannot imagine him daring to say "no" to Jim Bob, nor can I imagine Jim Bob taking "no" for an answer.

• Love 8

I don't think JB (and his lawyers) would want a family member minding Josh. If Josh screws up, then another family member is wrapped up in it all. Now if Josh screws up, its the Rebers who are involved.

• Useful 11
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think JB (and his lawyers) would want a family member minding Josh. If Josh screws up, then another family member is wrapped up in it all. Now if Josh screws up, its the Rebers who are involved.

Why allow even a friend to be his caretaker then? Smuggar screwing up would likely be the end of that friendship since we all know that Boob would blame them for Smuggar's mistakes. They should have allowed the court to assign a neutral 3rd party.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6

I want to know how many people Jim Bob called before he found someone. Were the Rebers his first choice or did he have to work his way through a list of people who either said no or just conveniently didn't pick up? 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why allow even a friend to be his caretaker then? Smuggar screwing up would likely be the end of that friendship since we all know that Boob would blame them for Smuggar's mistakes. They should have allowed the court to assign a neutral 3rd party.

I agree. JB watches out for his own first and friends second.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think it was made known that Mr. Reber of the strange first name I can't remember worked in prison ministry in some capacity. Prison chaplain or something?

I don't remember details, but I do remember seeing he had prison ministry experience. I think it was actually something the defense argued as a point in his favor for being a guardian. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

IMO JB doesn't really care all that much at the end of the day about friendships unless they actually offer something of tangible value to him.  If his brand wasn't built on the number of children he's fathered according to some supposed godly standards I'm not so sure he'd have difficultly distancing himself from most/all of them if it suited his purposes.

It was no doubt explained to him that court appointment of an unknown neutral third party would come with an invoice attached.   Josh has already hurt JB's bottom line and potentially KO'd the family brand.   He didn't want to jeopardize either any further by handing over money to a heathen who wouldn't hesitate to report even the slightest infraction Josh might commit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't remember details, but I do remember seeing he had prison ministry experience. I think it was actually something the defense argued as a point in his favor for being a guardian. 

That is how I recall it as well. It is something he did in the past, though. I think he has a full-time job elsewhere now. 

27 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

IMO JB doesn't really care all that much at the end of the day about friendships unless they actually offer something of tangible value to him.  If his brand wasn't built on the number of children he's fathered according to some supposed godly standards I'm not so sure he'd have difficultly distancing himself from most/all of them if it suited his purposes.

It was no doubt explained to him that court appointment of an unknown neutral third party would come with an invoice attached.   Josh has already hurt JB's bottom line and potentially KO'd the family brand.   He didn't want to jeopardize either any further by handing over money to a heathen who wouldn't hesitate to report even the slightest infraction Josh might commit. 

100% agree. It's all about Boob and his money in the end.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I want to know how many people Jim Bob called before he found someone. Were the Rebers his first choice or did he have to work his way through a list of people who either said no or just conveniently didn't pick up? 

well Pa Keller does prison ministry, but hey Josh cannot leave NWA or even the Reber's house it seems. Options limited, JB picks the person that would look good to the court. No minors in the home, no grandkids who may visit and a guy who is a "pastor" and does prison ministry. Though covid has shut that down for him since early 2020

I don't think the Rebers knew what they were getting into. Everything about them is exposed now. People watching their home and all. they will get hate mail...

LaCount Reber seems to have a full time job with the VA as an MRI tech. His license # is an easy find. his work place might also get hate mail etc.

buyer's remorse is most likely already happening for the Reber family

sorry mods - I probably should have moved response to the Josh thread

Edited by crazy8s
bad on apostrophes
  • Love 13
(edited)
47 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That is how I recall it as well. It is something he did in the past, though. I think he has a full-time job elsewhere now. 

I could be wrong, but my impression was he did it a volunteer basis and had stopped only because of COVID. 

@emmawoodhouse I found it! It's again as part of the Reddit summary from the law student who sat in. It says Jim Bob approached him because of his prison ministry experience, and he says he volunteered at the Washington County jail as a chaplain until COVID prevented visits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/n5s40b/defense_second_witness/

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I believe due to COVID, he hasn’t been in the prison. He was doing it in addition to his other employment.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I certainly hope JB is paying the Rebers for Josh’s room and board. 

I'm actually not sure that would be allowed. Part of the proceedings was them saying they were not receiving anything in exchange for being his guardian. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm actually not sure that would be allowed. Part of the proceedings was them saying they were not receiving anything in exchange for being his guardian. 

Oh, I missed that! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, that's how I understand it as well. But we all know that Boob is paying them.

• Love 7

Yes, the duties of being newly married keep one so busy. Especially without kids or a job. I’m sure she just has NO free time!  Like jinger being super busy with the one load of laundry per week for the two of them. 🙄

• LOL 17
  • Love 3