Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Tikichick said:

People are free to have their own thoughts and beliefs about anything.   Civilized people commonly observe social niceties at social gatherings with whom they may or may not even be aware they have wildly differing beliefs.   If the Duggars observed the social niceties and didn't take it to a patronizing or pitying level of attempting to make him feel they were concerned for his soul due to his sexuality that's enough.

Frankly I would have expected they shun him or attempt to be overly solicitous in demonstrations of concern.  Putting on the polite face and observing the social etiquette works because differences of opinion have nothing to do with what the day or event was about, which was friends and family celebrating the couple taking their vows. 

Yes, also what was Katey's brother supposed to do? "Legally competent adults are allowed to make bad decisions." He may believe that she is too young to get married, or Jed is a poor choice, but he isn't going to shout that from the rooftops at her wedding, or to the press. If anything he may have said it to her privately, and then let it go because at the end of the day, people are going to do what they want, and if their choice isnt hurting you or people/beings that are defenseless badgering them will just destroy the relationship. He may value the relationship with his sister to an extent to just shake his head.

I am sure plenty of people have been to weddings they thought were a bad idea, but were able to attend and participate without guilt or a conflicting conscience. 

20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The thing that I find most odd about the situation is Kim ceding so much control to Kory post-divorce. If I had kids, there's no way in hell I'd let my ex yank them out of school and immerse them in a cult. The family is well-off, so I doubt Katey and Lauren were attending a poorly performing school or one where there was safety concerns. 

I know Reed didn't want to badmouth anyone, but I feel like there's way more to the story. 

It could be that she wasn't capable or interested in being a primary caregiver, (many women are not), or she had socially embarrassing things she didn't want to come out, OR she was tempted by a nice settlement (or a combination of all three).

• Love 17
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

Of course Jim Bob and Michelle were OUTWARDLY nice to Katey's gay brother....but we all know what was brewing inside. They don't show their true thoughts/feeling. The Duggar parents were fakey-nice to him, I'm sure. Poor guy didn't know any better.

I suspect he knew better, but it’s not the kind of thing you ruin your sisters wedding over. 

That said, I totally agree with your comment. Jim Bob, Michelle, and the rest would build a great big Gallows in front of the tinker toy house and hang every glbt in Arkansas with great big smiles on their faces, and have a really nice dinner buffet and prayer meeting after In the bus station living room. The kids would even roast marshmallows on the burning bodies in the front yard. Lots of scripture reading and God honoring going on.  Wholesome boardgames. Everyone dressed modestly. What nice people. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, also what was Katey's brother supposed to do? "Legally capable adults are allowed to make bad decisions." He may believe that she is too young to get married, or Jed is a poor choice, but he isn't going to shout that from the rooftops at her wedding, or to the press. If anything he may have said it to her privately, and then let it go because at the end of the day, people are going to do what they want, and if their choice isnt hurting you or people/beings that are defenseless badgering them will just destroy the relationship. He may value the relationship with his sister to an extent to just shake his head.

I am sure plenty of people have been to weddings they thought were a bad idea, but were able to attend and participate without guilt or a conflicting conscience. 

My comment was in regard to how Katey's brother has stated he was treated by the Duggars at the wedding, which he says was pleasantly.  It wasn't anything to do with how he should have or did behave at the wedding or whether he agreed with the wedding happening.

I do believe if the Duggars treated him or any wedding guests kindly and pleasantly as they should, and vice versa, everybody is free to have whatever thoughts and beliefs in their own minds as they please.   The day was about celebrating the bride and groom, period.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

My comment was in regard to how Katey's brother has stated he was treated by the Duggars at the wedding, which he says was pleasantly.  It wasn't anything to do with how he should have or did behave at the wedding or whether he agreed with the wedding happening.

I do believe if the Duggars treated him or any wedding guests kindly and pleasantly as they should, and vice versa, everybody is free to have whatever thoughts and beliefs in their own minds as they please.   The day was about celebrating the bride and groom, period.

Yes yes, we are in agreement. I was more in reiterating the fact that Katey's brother Reed was going to be nice to the Duggars and vice versa no matter what they thought of each other, because it was Katey & Jed's day. Also even if the Duggars were awful to him, I doubt he would embarrass his sister and say that on public forum. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes yes, we are in agreement. I was more in reiterating the fact that Katey's brother Reed was going to be nice to the Duggars and vice versa no matter what they thought of each other, because it was Katey & Jed's day. Also even if the Duggars were awful to him, I doubt he would embarrass his sister and say that on public forum. 

I agree, what I saw of the video with him I didn't get the idea he had any intention of spilling any tea or even implying there was any tea to spill.  He was very respectful about everyone and clearly loves his siblings.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I suspect he knew better, but it’s not the kind of thing you ruin your sisters wedding over. 

That said, I totally agree with your comment. Jim Bob, Michelle, and the rest would build a great big Gallows in front of the tinker toy house and hang every glbt in Arkansas with great big smiles on their faces, and have a really nice dinner buffet and prayer meeting after In the bus station living room. The kids would even roast marshmallows on the burning bodies in the front yard. Lots of scripture reading and God honoring going on.  Wholesome boardgames. Everyone dressed modestly. What nice people. 

Her brother was probably shocked and disgusted when he heard her wedding vows, but played nice.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Her brother was probably shocked and disgusted when he heard her wedding vows, but played nice.

This is what any decent person would do. Besides, if he doesn’t know about their views before he knows now. And who really cares about their sister’s in-laws.  Probably not the kind of people you spend more than once or twice a year around, if that at all.  Plus, he seems to be a presence in her life, and hopefully will continue to be. Maybe he can be some small force for good. 

Of course, the Duggars could also spin it as being more open then they really are.

• Love 13

I understand Reed was trying to be diplomatic and he doesn't want to hurt his sister, but he may be a little naive or not willing to admit just how far down the rabbit hole she's been dragged. 

Kory is a hardcore Fundie. He talks about Biblical betrothal on his website, attended IBLP conferences, sent his daughters to brainwashing camp and called women weaker vessels in his wedding sermon. 

Do I think Kory held a gun to Katey's head and forced her to marry Jed? No, but I do think he heavily influenced and manipulated her into thinking Jed was "The One" to push his own personal agenda. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I understand Reed was trying to be diplomatic and he doesn't want to hurt his sister, but he may be a little naive or not willing to admit just how far down the rabbit hole she's been dragged. 

Kory is a hardcore Fundie. He talks about Biblical betrothal on his website, attended IBLP conferences, sent his daughters to brainwashing camp and called women weaker vessels in his wedding sermon. 

Do I think Kory held a gun to Katey's head and forced her to marry Jed? No, but I do think he heavily influenced and manipulated her into thinking Jed was "The One" to push his own personal agenda. 

Five minutes of googling would let him know that his in-laws were the bad guys on an episode of Law and order SVU. That’s kind of all you need to know to form an opinion.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I still have not watched the video, but based on the summary I read, I think Reed might be rather naive about it. I also did a double-take when he said that he didn't look them up online. Granted, I know that is sort of a personality trait not everyone has, but man, if my sibling was marrying into any family--let alone one on TV--I'd be googling people as soon as I heard the news. 

My guess would be he perhaps is vaguely aware that they are religious/conservative but didn't dig much beyond that. The vibe I get from him is that he seems like a fairly nice person, and he may be willing to accept people at face value unless they give him reason not to.

I know when the Josh Duggar scandals broke back in 2015, I was appalled how many conservative Christians I knew who really were clueless about the Duggars. When I'd start listing some of the more extreme beliefs, all of the people I talked to were quite startled by how out there they were, so in that sense, Reed seeming not to know much about their actual beliefs makes sense.

That being said, regardless of whatever his private thoughts on it are, I think he is wise to keep any reservations to himself. Expressing them to Katey is more likely to drive her away, and just from my experience with family members marrying into sketchy situations, it's better to avoid that and maintain some line of communication if possible, so if they ever want to bolt, they know they have options. 

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

I still have not watched the video, but based on the summary I read, I think Reed might be rather naive about it. I also did a double-take when he said that he didn't look them up online. Granted, I know that is sort of a personality trait not everyone has, but man, if my sibling was marrying into any family--let alone one on TV--I'd be googling people as soon as I heard the news. 

My guess would be he perhaps is vaguely aware that they are religious/conservative but didn't dig much beyond that. The vibe I get from him is that he seems like a fairly nice person, and he may be willing to accept people at face value unless they give him reason not to.

I know when the Josh Duggar scandals broke back in 2015, I was appalled how many conservative Christians I knew who really were clueless about the Duggars. When I'd start listing some of the more extreme beliefs, all of the people I talked to were quite startled by how out there they were, so in that sense, Reed seeming not to know much about their actual beliefs makes sense.

That being said, regardless of whatever his private thoughts on it are, I think he is wise to keep any reservations to himself. Expressing them to Katey is more likely to drive her away, and just from my experience with family members marrying into sketchy situations, it's better to avoid that and maintain some line of communication if possible, so if they ever want to bolt, they know they have options. 

The fact that he grew up pretty religious, including Mormon for a stretch, goes a long away in explaining his naivete and general outlook, I think. The way he describes it, he's always been close with his family and his lack of faith as an adult hasn't been an issue. This implies to me that his experience with religion with regards to his family wasn't especially negative, and so a lot of religious weirdness doesn't really ring any alarm bells for him and that allows him to be pretty sanguine about the crazy-ass vows, etc. I think most of us who grew up with any amount of religion but aren't religious anymore tend to be more patient and understanding with the weirder/more disturbing aspects of those religions while balking at the weird stuff of religions we're unfamiliar with.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

The fact that he grew up pretty religious, including Mormon for a stretch, goes a long away in explaining his naivete and general outlook, I think. The way he describes it, he's always been close with his family and his lack of faith as an adult hasn't been an issue. This implies to me that his experience with religion with regards to his family wasn't especially negative, and so a lot of religious weirdness doesn't really ring any alarm bells for him and that allows him to be pretty sanguine about the crazy-ass vows, etc. I think most of us who grew up with any amount of religion but aren't religious anymore tend to be more patient and understanding with the weirder/more disturbing aspects of those religions while balking at the weird stuff of religions we're unfamiliar with.

I can’t be very patient and understanding of those who absolutely want to take away rights from women, minorities, immigrants, and LGBT people. I say “live and let live.” I think they absolutely should have the right to their crazy religions, and I would fight for those rights. They, on the other hand, want to actually legislate others’ rights away.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can’t be very patient and understanding of those who absolutely want to take away rights from women, minorities, immigrants, and LGBT people. I say “live and let live.” I think they absolutely should have the right to their crazy religions, and I would fight for those rights. They, on the other hand, want to actually legislate others’ rights away.

Oh, me neither. But I have the good fortune of not having any religious family members that I'm close to; and, for better or worse, my family is loud and opinionated as hell and no one thinks anything of telling each other to when they're wrong in very explicit terms, so the ones that are religious don't attempt to preach.  I'm also a not very social introvert who likes to keep my circle small, so it's very, very easy for me to have a long list of deal breakers. But lots of people don't have that luxury. Also, lots of people are just...not thinkers. They don't really think about the implications of belief system. "But my sister is lovely and accepting to me, of course she's not REALLY anti-LGBTQ!" Or even worse, "Well, she's nice to ME. Who cares what she says about whole groups that I belong to as long as she's not rude to my face."

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

"But my sister is lovely and accepting to me, of course she's not REALLY anti-LGBTQ!" Or even worse, "Well, she's nice to ME. Who cares what she says about whole groups that I belong to as long as she's not rude to my face."

If he doesn't have a support system outside of his family, he might want to keep the family relationships. Counterproductive in the long run but people do what they need.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Five minutes of googling would let him know that his in-laws were the bad guys on an episode of Law and order SVU. That’s kind of all you need to know to form an opinion.

Lol I remember that episode!

The one thing that stood out to me in the video was Reed saying that “Korey said things that he didn’t mean”. To me it sounds like he thinks Korey is a fake and doesn’t believe a lot of the stuff he says, I think Reed was commenting on the wedding vows? I can’t remember now. So he may have been shocked but I think he assumed Korey told Katey to say these vows but that he himself thought it was a load of nonsense who knows though? Korey could be deep in the kool aid and how would Reed know? It doesn’t sound like he sees the guy anymore. 

• Love 7

Reed sounds sweet and young. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really listen to the vows. Kind of like being a young person in church, they sometimes let their minds wander, don't pay attention and are just waiting for it to be over. 

For some religion is kind of like politics. In my old position I worked with a new grad, KT, about six year ago. She knew nothing about politics and wasn't registered to vote. Fast forward to about three years ago and I hired her to work on my team. Smart woman, great people skills, calm during crises and a lot of common sense. Given our field of work, one would think she couldn't avoid all the political media coverage over the last few years, but she did and she still does.

Some folks don't pay attention to religions either, their own or others. KT identifies as Catholic but attends church only when things are tough and on holidays. I'm going to guess I know more about her church's beliefs than she does. Weirdly enough, her sister leans Fundy and has taught school in Africa. Some may see KT as a bit of an airhead, and they'd be right in some aspects, but she really is an intelligent woman.

Reed may be one of those happy-go-lucky kind of folks who are just living their life, not paying much attention to what's going on around them.  He may also be a spoiled-rich-kid-famewhore who was lying through his teeth. We'll know more if we hear from him again.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder who took the kissing pic. Is someone on their honeymoon with them?

Didn't you bring a photographer on your honeymoon?

Really, though, that's the best picture I've seen of Jed! in a long time. Marriage does seem to agree with Duggar males.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

She looks a little like Jinger with the straight hair, adoring-yet-clenched smile, and majorly tired eyes.

She does kind of have the crinkle nose smile like Jinger.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder who took the kissing pic. Is someone on their honeymoon with them?

They could have had a mini tripod or just propped the phone on a rock or something. Or they asked a random passerby to take a picture. Imagine being that person thinking you're just going to take a normal picture for some strangers and then they do that.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jed looks very freshly sexed.

It is amazingly apparent (and creepy) how the Duggar males tend to look much more happy and refreshed after getting married due to the sex.  Bad thing is, it's usually also the start of the hair loss years and weight gains.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Well, Katey's half brother does hair transplants, so maybe he can help out? 🙂

Hope Reed passed out business cards at that wedding. He might do gangbusters business on his new in-laws. 😉 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Marriage does seem to agree with Duggar males.

They get out of the TTH and they have sex. 

Hard even to get your head around the degree of difference.  Previously they can't even see a girl/woman they like and ask her out to dinner. (Or go to college or join a local softball team, for that matter....) 

And the sneaking-around masturbation has to be hell all by itself. They have parents who call all the boys together, call in a self-righteous droning Calvinist preacher, and make all the guys sit and listen to a long super-dull disorganized sermon -- which is recorded and posted on youTube -- about how any attempt at all to spill their seed at any time in their lives constitutes full-on betrayal and, basically, faux-but-equally-criminal-and-sinful adultery against their future wife. Even if they don't even meet said future wife for another 40 years. And that it violates what is, in the view their parents endlessly preach, the Very Biggest of the Big Ten Commandments.

The Calvinist preacher in question is totally being a lying hypocrite when he says all that, but they're not really in a position to be sure that's true. So...awful. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Didn't you bring a photographer on your honeymoon?

Really, though, that's the best picture I've seen of Jed! in a long time. Marriage does seem to agree with Duggar males.

I noticed he had his two front teeth whitened!

He does look happy.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 1

There's a photo of the entire family at the Jedding on the Kelsie Jo Photography IG story, other than a few people (Jana, the Seewalds) who were probably on the far left and cut off from the picture. I found it through the FJ website (on the Dillards thread, interestingly enough). 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

There's a photo of the entire family at the Jedding on the Kelsie Jo Photography IG story, other than a few people (Jana, the Seewalds) who were probably on the far left and cut off from the picture. I found it through the FJ website (on the Dillards thread, interestingly enough). 

I just checked out her IG. The story that is up now is a video featuring her robovac. Interestingly the last slide is a written post. It says, her husband said all her new followers are waiting for Duggar pictures and she posts about the robovac.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I just checked out her IG. The story that is up now is a video featuring her robovac. Interestingly the last slide is a written post. It says, her husband said all her new followers are waiting for Duggar pictures and she posts about the robovac.

Her saying her “robovac” was drunk made me laugh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still think he's got a punchable face, but it's nice they look happy.  He's lucky to get a good-looking wife.

Ordinarily when I see a photo of him my hand gets twitchy, wanting to smack the smug right off his face.   IDK, maybe it's a changed look in his eyes, but he doesn't seem so smug in these honeymoon photos. 

• Love 6

Jed!'s Ambassador Properties is a FOREIGN LIMITED-LIABILITY COMPANY

not sure what that means - he can carry out transactions in other states or transactions in AR from other states? It is still registered to the car lot address

Company Name:  AMBASSADOR PROPERTIES, LLC

Entity Type:  FOREIGN LIMITED-LIABILITY COMPANY

File Number:  811275312

Filing State:  Arkansas (AR)

Filing Status:  Good Standing

Filing Date:  November 18, 2020

Company Age:  5 Months

Jedediah Duggar

ETA -https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/qualify-foreign-business-arkansas.html

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 8

When reference is made to a foreign limited liability company it means an LLC that carries on business or plans to carry on business in a different state. If an LLC has been formed in a state and carries on business in that state, from the perspective of that state it's known as a domestic LLC.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

When reference is made to a foreign limited liability company it means an LLC that carries on business or plans to carry on business in a different state. If an LLC has been formed in a state and carries on business in that state, from the perspective of that state it's known as a domestic LLC.

But the definition crazy8 provided for an Arkansas foreign LLC actually is defining it as an LLC that is created in another state, not one just doing transactions in another state. I wouldn't think you would have to do create a foreign LLC just to transact across state lines, especially when so many businesses in NWA do just that because of the proximity to the Missouri and Oklahoma borders. Which leads me to wonder what state the LLC was originally formed in. 

• Love 3