Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They left out the real reason--going to rehab to try and rehab his image.

The fact that it took so long is interesting. I wonder if he was in denial that he need a image rehab or that perhaps he didn’t want to be in a facility during a pre-vax covid world. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The fact that it took so long is interesting. I wonder if he was in denial that he need a image rehab or that perhaps he didn’t want to be in a facility during a pre-vax covid world. 

Well, apparently he was not in agreement that he needed help until recently considering his defense of allegations against him.  That entire story.....too much for me to digest.  I wasn’t trying to be funny with that comment, but it does apply. (He was accused of wanting to eat human body parts.)

(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, apparently he was not in agreement that he needed help until recently considering his defense of allegations against him.  That entire story.....too much for me to digest.  I wasn’t trying to be funny with that comment, but it does apply. (He was accused of wanting to eat human body parts.)

He actually hasn’t said shit in months when his entire team quit, him being replaced in movies, tons of articles about his career being dead, and dropped by his agents, so my question still lingers.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He actually hasn’t said shit in months when his entire team quit, him being replaced in movies, tons of articles about his career being dead, and dropped by his agents, so my question still lingers.

He wasn't always quiet about it. He pushed back initially, quite forcefully if I recall correctly, and then the shitstorm continued to pile up. Then he went radio silent. Based on the tone of his initial remarks, I definitely didn't get the impression he was remorseful. I suspect he did think it would blow over before he realized that was a no. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

He wasn't always quiet about it. He pushed back initially, quite forcefully if I recall correctly, and then the shitstorm continued to pile up. Then he went radio silent. Based on the tone of his initial remarks, I definitely didn't get the impression he was remorseful. I suspect he did think it would blow over before he realized that was a no. 

His personal response was in mid January, he got dropped from various projects, his PR team and agents by early February, it’s been 4 months which is a shit of a lag time to check into rehab. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

His personal response was in mid January, he got dropped from various projects, his PR team and agents by early February, it’s been 4 months which is a shit of a lag time to check into rehab. 

My guess would be he either completely lost his shit in the meantime as things actually evaporated and maybe wasn't even able to functionally go to rehab--spoiled rich men who finally get bitch-slapped by reality are not noted for their ability to handle that with grace--or he developed some real stubborn Hitler-in-the-bunker vibes that caused him to double-down privately and he has only now seen that he needs to do something to repair his reputation. 

I'm honestly pretty dubious that he is sincere in seeking out rehab because he sounds like a narcissistic psycho to me, but maybe he actually did spend the last few months doing some sincere soul-searching. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm honestly pretty dubious that he is sincere in seeking out rehab because he sounds like a narcissistic psycho to me, but maybe he actually did spend the last few months doing some sincere soul-searching. 

I just think it's hilarious that this happened as Armie Hammer finally had career momentum  after 5 years (2011-2016) of sputtering following the role that put him on the map, only to die completely.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

In today's fun and light gossip:

Lara Rhoades calls KD boring after what sounds like a bad date.

Rhoades added that the player wasn't interesting at all and she had to leave because the Nets star was 'boring'. "We ended up leaving dinner, not because of that situation because, at that point, you’re already friend-zoned, I don’t give a f*** who you’re talking to, the date was really boring… I don’t want to be mean but me and this guy just didn’t click and I’m like what’s your favourite this, what’s your opinion on this, and he was just like, I don’t have opinions on anything, I don’t have favourite anythings"

She concluded by saying that the NBA star was being serious and wasn’t just saying that to shut down the conversation. I just felt… he’s not spicy enough for me," she explained. Based on the timing of Rhoades' story, and the recency of the game, all signs point to Durant. 

This I can actually believe. It's playoff time for the Nets and athletes are laser-focused. They spend their off days watching film of their games and practicing. They live, breathe and eat basketball. 

With that being said, still not very nice to bag on a date. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

In today's fun and light gossip:

Lara Rhoades calls KD boring after what sounds like a bad date.

This I can actually believe. It's playoff time for the Nets and athletes are laser-focused. They spend their off days watching film of their games and practicing. They live, breathe and eat basketball. 

With that being said, still not very nice to bag on a date. 

Why is he going on a date then if he is so hyper focused on the playoffs?   

Nice to hear "we just didn't click" instead of dragging someone for not being THE ONE on the first date OR declaring its true love if they did click.   People date sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

• Love 8
(edited)

My guess is that it's all a game of delay, until the kids are too old for custody battles.   

I wonder if the issue is really custody, or child support or other assets?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that it's all a game of delay, until the kids are too old for custody battles.   

They're all old enough to reject Brad now.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Why is he going on a date then if he is so hyper focused on the playoffs?   

Nice to hear "we just didn't click" instead of dragging someone for not being THE ONE on the first date OR declaring its true love if they did click.   People date sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Yeah I feel like that's unusual to hear among celebs. But sometimes two people don't have much in common and that's fine.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

CNN might want the public to forget about what Toobin did and think he can rehabilitate his reputation, but all I’ll ever see is a guy who has been a serial pig for decades, including trying to pay off his baby mama (Jeff Greenfield’s Daughter) to get an abortion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12978597/casey-greenfield-lawyer-jeffrey-toobin-affair-child/

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Being the most charitable, say you buy Toobin's explanation: I think any of us that have been on Zoom, we may (or may not) have underdressed. I don't think any of us have had primary sex organs out and about, camera on or off.

• Love 10
(edited)

Wouldn't have been better PR (to say nothing of it being cheaper) to have hired a newsie who'd had no previous national exposure ( both definitions) than to rehire Mr. Toobin?  These days, it's likely that their HR is packed to the gills with folks who got let go from their local news outlets,etc.  due to the worldwide affliction who would LOVE the chance to shine on this global news platform! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Being the most charitable, say you buy Toobin's explanation: I think any of us that have been on Zoom, we may (or may not) have underdressed. I don't think any of us have had primary sex organs out and about, camera on or off.

I'm lucky because I have a work computer that has no camera, and nobody in my company ever turns the camera on.  But the other day I COUGHED and forgot to mute and THAT embarrassed me.  Toobin is the fucking worst.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, Anduin said:

Frankly, I'm jealous. At this point, it's way too expensive for my liking. But maybe one day the price will come down. Of course, I might win the lottery tomorrow. You never know.

The 3rd seat is reserved for an auction. I personally think he should give back and make it a drawing from all the Amazon customers who have ordered a minimum of a  certain number of items. That would show appreciation for those who made their him so rich.

I say this because my husband keeps saying I have an mini Amazon warehouse somewhere on our property. I know I would be included in that drawing.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 10
On 6/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

CNN might want the public to forget about what Toobin did and think he can rehabilitate his reputation, but all I’ll ever see is a guy who has been a serial pig for decades, including trying to pay off his baby mama (Jeff Greenfield’s Daughter) to get an abortion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12978597/casey-greenfield-lawyer-jeffrey-toobin-affair-child/

The fact of the matter is that Toobin was masturbating during a WORK MEETING!  Just because he was on Zoom, he was still in a work meeting. If he had done that at an in person meeting, he would probably have been arrested.

Now, HR policies will now need to cover what you can’t do when working remotely. There should be a section titled, don’t be a Toobin.

I find that he still has a job at the scene of the crime beyond disgusting and disturbing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Now, HR policies will now need to cover what you can’t do when working remotely.

It is pretty sad when HR has to come up with a policy that is basically "don't masturbate at work". I kind of thought that was common sense, then I remembered, I'm talking about humans and humans are morons. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17

I remember seeing a poll a year or so ago that cited that masturbation was up in record-high levels thanks to working from home.  Yes, there was a poll and yes, people actually admitted to it. 

And hey, it's not my business what anyone is into and how many times they may or may not need to touch themself, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have to keep it in your pants when you're on the clock.  I mean really, we aren't animals, people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I find that he still has a job at the scene of the crime beyond disgusting and disturbing.

Actually, CNN wasn't the scene of the crime. He was on a zoom meeting of New Yorker staffers/writers. The New Yorker fired him, thank goodness. I can't wait for Zucker to leave CNN (end of this year??). Allowing Toobin, who has become a joke now, to be on air with one's very professional employees is beyond insulting to them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to have to keep it in your pants when you're on the clock.  I mean really, we aren't animals, people. 

Apparently, some people are. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

I can't wait for Zucker to leave CNN (end of this year??). Allowing Toobin, who has become a joke now, to be on air with one's very professional employees is beyond insulting to them.

It certainly makes CNN look a bit less credible than it did before, knowing they hire people who are too stupid to check that their camera is off before wanking off in front of it. That's masturbation 101. put a bit of tape over the camera moron! Or, you know, learn some self control perv! Just because people are working from home doesn't mean they aren't still "at work". 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Re:  Toobin

There are victimless crimes, but this is an incident with actual victims.  Those people who witnessed this were sexually harassed.  It makes me a little suspicious that he even might have done it intentionally.  Anyways.  Regardless.  It's insane that he's being rewarded for it by CNN.  INSANE.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There are victimless crimes, but this is an incident with actual victims.  Those people who witnessed this were sexually harassed.  It makes me a little suspicious that he even might have done it intentionally.  Anyways.  Regardless.  It's insane that he's being rewarded for it by CNN.  INSANE.

This was my suspicion immediately...that he did it intentionally.  It will be interesting to see if he's invited to appear on shows (do the hosts have control over the guests invited to appear?) 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have his OJ book sitting on my shelf, too.  (shudders)

I always used to read his books but not now.   I will never hear or see the name Jeffrey Toobin without thinking he jacked off on a Zoom call.

I thought his refusing to acknowledge a child he had with a long term mistress without a paternity test was gross and yet he proved he could be even grosser.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Actually, CNN wasn't the scene of the crime. He was on a zoom meeting of New Yorker staffers/writers. The New Yorker fired him, thank goodness. I can't wait for Zucker to leave CNN (end of this year??). Allowing Toobin, who has become a joke now, to be on air with one's very professional employees is beyond insulting to them.

You are correct, it wasn’t a CNN call. However, he was also being paid by CNN at the time. As a consequence, his “performance” was seen by CNN (and the entire world), but they chose, in the time of #metoo, to hire him back.

This decision can’t be helping CNNs reputation.

21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, you are correct.

I do believe that Toobin is now a verb.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I think she’ll be come back from this but wow, what a nasty person looking at her past tweets. Just cruel and spiteful.

She has to be one of the most toxic celebs. I don’t get her appeal at all. I am a fan of her husband’s. He’s always come across as nice and classy, but the fact he’s married to Chrissy makes me wonder about him. 

• Love 13
On 6/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, Blergh said:

Wouldn't have been better PR (to say nothing of it being cheaper) to have hired a newsie who'd had no previous national exposure ( both definitions) than to rehire Mr. Toobin?  These days, it's likely that their HR is packed to the gills with folks who got let go from their local news outlets,etc.  due to the worldwide affliction who would LOVE the chance to shine on this global news platform! 

I only ever watch CNN at the gym (which hasn't happened for over a year now) but isn't he like their go to crime analyst guy? You would think with the number of legal scholars, true crime authors and podcast hosts it wouldn't be hard to come up with a replacement.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

She has to be one of the most toxic celebs. I don’t get her appeal at all. I am a fan of her husband’s. He’s always come across as nice and classy, but the fact he’s married to Chrissy makes me wonder about him. 

She says she "cannot take confrontation," but I have trouble squaring that with her saying awful things directly to someone. Is that not confrontational?

I guess that means she doesn't like to receive confrontation (though who does?) not that she doesn't like to deliver confrontation. Got it, Chrissy!

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, janie jones said:

She says she "cannot take confrontation," but I have trouble squaring that with her saying awful things directly to someone. Is that not confrontational?

I guess that means she doesn't like to receive confrontation (though who does?) not that she doesn't like to deliver confrontation. Got it, Chrissy!

Exactly. She doesn’t care if other people’s feelings are hurt, if they get embarrassed, if their livelihoods suffer. She’s only against bullying and confrontations when she’s on the receiving end of it. I’ve lost count of the number of people she’s attacked or mocked. There are a lot of models and celebs who are sweethearts. Chrissy is one of the meanest but one of the most popular. It’s strange to me she actually has fans who think she’s cool and funny and only ever a victim. 

• Love 15
(edited)
16 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Yeah I think it's a case of "can dish it out, can't take it." She also goes on and on in her "apology" about how she did this for attention, but how does that square up with sending private messages to the person she was bullying? Nobody else was seeing that but her and her victim. 

Someone else is popping up now to say that she bullied him so much that he became suicidal over it. I don't know the full story--his name is Michael Costello?--but I did see his Instagram post about it, which included a screenshot of some of her messages to him. I think every time she tries to do one of these apologies, more people are going to come out of the woodwork with receipts. 

I'm not really sure what the PR solution to this is, but these apologies that skirt over what she did and also emphasize her own suffering, though she swears she isn't doing that, don't come across as sincere. At one point, she is talking about the physical pain she is in about what she did. But it seems like she only felt that physical pain when she got called on her bullshit, not when she was telling a teenager to commit suicide? 

I know people can change and grow, but I don't really get the impression that is what has happened here, and the way she is trying to handle it just cements that impression. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21

The best comment I heard "Must be time for Chrissy's monthly apology."   If you have to apologize that much you aren't really sorry.   She needs to go away for long enough for everyone to forget what she did.    Not a couple weeks off twitter and then come back with an "apology."   Because as noted above, it's still fresh and people will come back with more of the same stuff she's done.   If she goes away for long enough no one will care enough when she comes back to rehash it.    But she won't do it because she is a slightly classier version of Kim Kardashian.   She needs the attention, no matter what. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I think she’ll be come back from this but wow, what a nasty person looking at her past tweets. Just cruel and spiteful.

I don't think Chrissy can come back from this.  I am sure more people will come out with bullying pms she has made.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 10