Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I know this was explored a couple of pages back.  But one of Paltrow's vagina candle exploded??!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

This explains her relationships.  She named her company Goop.  She has no sense.  

I did not have an ideal childhood by any rational definition.  But at least I am not her child.  Imagine waking up to this news - then having to face your peers.  Wow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bobalina said:

No. How old was he?

28.  Juliette Lewis has been more taken a task in later years for wearing cornrows to the Oscars then Brad has done for saying “she was his truth” while underage. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, MargeGunderson said:

mainly about his idea for a pizzadilla, a cross between a quesadilla and a pizza (I would probably eat that).

We have a restaurant in town that has this on the menu, now I know where they got the idea !

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

According to Lewis she started dating g when she was 17 and he was 27. By then she had been emancipated for 3 years. She wasn't an average teen.

No excuses for Pitt but not tge average teen.

• Useful 1

I don't think her being emancipated makes the age gap any less gross. 

I knew they'd dated but had no clue about the fact she was underage or the age difference. 

• Love 22
(edited)

So now the conversation has changed from "Brad wants access to his kids" to "Brad is a predator and pedophile who shouldn't have access to kids?" Of all the accusations Angie is hurling, I don't recall that being one.  I also don't recall anyone making the leap from "Angie was macking on her brother" to suggesting she had inappropriate relationships with her children. 

Edited by Quof
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 6/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, aradia22 said:

With the John Krasinki/Emily Blunt joke, it works even less because they're not well known as a couple. (Maybe they are if you watched his short-lived talk show, idk) But that joke would work better if you chose a couple like Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon or Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. You can't twist the audience's expectation if they have no established understanding of what you're talking about.

It seems to me like there's a bit of a sense of humour failure over the entire thing. Or maybe a difference in comedic sensibilities and an overly-literal interpretation of what someone says.

Even if I had never heard of the couple, a comedian using, 'of course, their marriage is only for show' as a punchline would lead me to immediately think that they were a committed and obviously loving couple. Because that's how humour works. If a comic wanted to insinuate that a couple actually was only for publicity, they would lean hard in the other direction: "they're such a committed couple. The love just crackles between them every moment of the day!"

But this was on Twitter, where logic and common sense are rarely employed.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

I read up on the Veiled Prophet Ball, and I for one think it sounds not only grossly racist and elitist, but creepy and cult-y, as well (Veiled Prophet?! What is this, Game of Thrones??!). Quite frankly, I'm amazed debutante balls are still a thing in this country. 

Well, the KKK originally started as a very D&D-esque adventure club for a load of spoiled, rich, southern boys. If you read about the rules of their organisation and all the names, ranks and words they made up, it's 100% LARPing fantasy dork territory.

The Klan was broken up into Empires, Realms, Dominions and Provinces, led by Imperial Wizards, Grand Dragons, Grand Titans etc, until you get to lower ranks, who were called Goblins, Nighthawks and a bunch of completely silly titles like Klabees, Kladds and Klokards.

So it seems like escape from reality was a key part of these post-Civil War, southern racist traditions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

It seems to me like there's a bit of a sense of humour failure over the entire thing. Or maybe a difference in comedic sensibilities and an overly-literal interpretation of what someone says.

Even if I had never heard of the couple, a comedian using, 'of course, their marriage is only for show' as a punchline would lead me to immediately think that they were a committed and obviously loving couple. Because that's how humour works. If a comic wanted to insinuate that a couple actually was only for publicity, they would lean hard in the other direction: "they're such a committed couple. The love just crackles between them every moment of the day!"

But this was on Twitter, where logic and common sense are rarely employed.

Well, the KKK originally started as a very D&D-esque adventure club for a load of spoiled, rich, southern boys. If you read about the rules of their organisation and all the names, ranks and words they made up, it's 100% LARPing fantasy dork territory.

The Klan was broken up into Empires, Realms, Dominions and Provinces, led by Imperial Wizards, Grand Dragons, Grand Titans etc, until you get to lower ranks, who were called Goblins, Nighthawks and a bunch of completely silly titles like Klabees, Kladds and Klokards.

So it seems like escape from reality was a key part of these post-Civil War, southern racist traditions.

Weird, but not at all surprising.

I remember being told by a retired, elderly lawyer in NC (back in the 1980's) that the KKK was created to protect wives & children on plantations when their husbands were traveling...in case the slaves started an uprising. This very genteel, old man told me this quite matter of factly. I was a guest in his home so I kept my big mouth shut. 

• Love 4
On 6/1/2021 at 12:27 PM, aradia22 said:

With the John Krasinki/Emily Blunt joke, it works even less because they're not well known as a couple. (Maybe they are if you watched his short-lived talk show, idk) But that joke would work better if you chose a couple like Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon or Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. You can't twist the audience's expectation if they have no established understanding of what you're talking about.

Yeah, I think that's why I didn't even realize it was a joke at first.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

What's her brother doing these days, anyway?

I looked him up recently because I was wondering the same. He apparently "found religion" and reconciled with their wackadoodle father John Voight.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

What a family!!  

I agree!

While folks like Tiffany Haddish, Carol Burnett, Michael J. Fox, Rita Moreno and Henry Winkler,etc. all seem like people I'd want to be friends with were I to have  actual reason to be in their circles, the Voights and Jolies definitely seem like folks I'm downright relieved and grateful to NEVER have to cross paths with! 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Blergh said:

the Voights and Jolies definitely seem like folks I'm downright relieved and grateful to NEVER have to cross paths with! 

But according to them they aren't the problem. It's everyone else who comes into their orbit.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Blergh said:

The Voights and Jolies definitely seem like folks I'm downright relieved and grateful to NEVER have to cross paths with! 

51 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

What a family!!  

No lies detected!  LOL.  Apparently, Angelina's mother let her boyfriend move in and live with them when Angelina was 14 years old.  According to an old interview:

One of my boyfriends lived with me at my [mother's] house when I was just 14. It was the smartest thing my mother could have done because, this way, we weren't hanging out in a park together.

We lived like a married couple for two years. By the time I was 16, I wanted my freedom and wanted to focus on work.

Reportedly, she had given her mother some sort of ultimatum.  Let him live here or I go live "reckless on the streets with him." Another report said that her mother moved out of the master bedroom in her home and gave it up to Angelina and her boyfriend.

10 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

No lies detected!  LOL.  Apparently, Angelina's mother let her boyfriend move in and live with them when Angelina was 14 years old.  According to an old interview:

Reportedly, she had given her mother some sort of ultimatum.  Let him live here or I go live "reckless on the streets with him." Another report said that her mother moved out of the master bedroom in her home and gave it up to Angelina and her boyfriend.

So it would seem Angelina is used to getting her way.

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Whenever I hear about a highhanded teenager who ruled the family roost, whatever the reason, I always wonder what kind of parent they ended up becoming.  Did they use their own experience at running roughshod over Mom and/or Dad to better parent their own kids or did they instead let their own kids take charge of the house?

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I think we need a WTF rating

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

With parents like hers Angie never stood a chance of being normal. Between her screwed up parents and being a pretty rich white girl she probably isn't used to not getting what she wants. I don't love her nor do I hate her, I mostly just feel bad for her because I think she is so far gone she doesn't know how to live a well adjusted life. 

I just hope she isn't repeating her parents mistakes with her own kids, though I have my doubts. 

• Love 13
On 6/3/2021 at 9:27 PM, bobalina said:

According to Lewis she started dating g when she was 17 and he was 27. By then she had been emancipated for 3 years. She wasn't an average teen.

No excuses for Pitt but not tge average teen.

I left home when I was 16 to start college and wound up becoming the girlfriend of the guy who "managed" the co-op house I moved into and he was 26 at the time. We were together for two years, parted amicably. I really have no problem with this age difference if both parties are emancipated and fully consenting...most girls at 16/17 years old are easily as "mature" as a 20-something year old guy, in my experience. Both Brad and Juliette were in a crazy movie together as I recall - was this during their relationship or afterwards? I just remember him killing someone in the movie to get some red high heels...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't have any favorite in the Brad/Angelina fight, but I find it interesting if someone thinks it was ok for Brad to date and live with a teenager when he was in his late 20's, but not ok for Angelina to live with her boyfriend (how old was he btw?) when she was a teenager. Bit of a double standard IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

I don't have any favorite in the Brad/Angelina fight, but I find it interesting if someone thinks it was ok for Brad to date and live with a teenager when he was in his late 20's, but not ok for Angelina to live with her boyfriend (how old was he btw?) when she was a teenager. Bit of a double standard IMO.

I see your point. But do you see a difference between 17 and solely responsible for the selves and 14 and still living with mommie? Just curious.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, bobalina said:

I see your point. But do you see a difference between 17 and solely responsible for the selves and 14 and still living with mommie? Just curious.

Yes, there is a lot of development between ages 14 and 17, just as there is between 17 and early 20's and then late 20's. In both cases I find it questionable, when they date someone more than say 3 years older. Questionable more on the older partner's side, as they are more mature. As for living together with a partner, I wouldn't consider either 14 or 17 to be old enough for that.

• Love 24

Teenagers will give you grey hair and a drinking problem.  I feel for Angelina's mom, but still find it totally sus (hey, I used a term those kids online use, go me! :) ).  I find the Pitt/Lewis thing creepy too.  Frankly they both have problematic pasts, but as long as they are being good parents, then I don't think it matters.

Has Ellie Kemper said anything about her pageant issue yet?  I don't think she has much of anything to apologize for, but I do wonder what she will say.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Yes, there is a lot of development between ages 14 and 17, just as there is between 17 and early 20's and then late 20's. In both cases I find it questionable, when they date someone more than say 3 years older. Questionable more on the older partner's side, as they are more mature. As for living together with a partner, I wouldn't consider either 14 or 17 to be old enough for that.

I think the reason it doesn't bother me is because it was totally normal when I started high school (1970). Most of the senior girls were engaged to older guys to the point there were rules about wearing their rings.  In my own class (6 year school) in '76 at least one senior girl was already married (no, no kids). My own cousin married a guy who was 7 years older  they started dating when she  was 15. But I do understand why people are horrified at that  kind of age difference.

• Love 3

For Brad I found it shitty that he claimed that the marriage with Aniston was basically set up by agents and that he was never into the marriage. I mean, their first date was set up by agents but no one forced him to marry Jen. It's not like Hollywood has Louis B Mayers dictating who people have to date these days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

For Brad I found it shitty that he claimed that the marriage with Aniston was basically set up by agents and that he was never into the marriage.

When did he say that?!?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don't get the Jen and Brad shipping. It's not my business who they date but why would people want Jen to get back together with a guy who cheated on her in a very public way and dumped her also in a very public way? Jen seems pretty nice. Haven't ever heard anything negative about her. She deserves better.

While I think Miss Aniston seems a bit pretentious ( see Emirate Airline ads and the more recent elbow grease ads) and a bit 'meh,'  I agree that she deserves better than to have anything more to do with Mr. Pitt. Oh, and she doesn't seem to have the need  to be overwhelming  to all others around   her and in the eye of hurricane like Miss Jolie appears to have. IMO, being in  Miss Jolie's company   would be as relaxing as tap dancing in a mine field. 

• Love 5