Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Or an agent who finds attractive young women for him to be in a phony relationship with. Or vice versa.

I'm skeptical. Cindy Crawford's daughter is the only of the three women who'd be helped by Davidson's level of fame.  I mean Ariana's a huge star, and that Bridgerton actress is on her way up regardless of who she's dating. Rumors about the size of his equipment actually seems more believable. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I'm skeptical. Cindy Crawford's daughter is the only of the three women who'd be helped by Davidson's level of fame.  I mean Ariana's a huge star, and that Bridgerton actress is on her way up regardless of who she's dating. Rumors about the size of his equipment actually seems more believable. 

Didn’t he also have a thing with Kate Beckinsale? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

PR is PR and these young female performers/actresses “dating” Pete Davidson are happy to let the paparazzi know when and where they will be showing up. Since Pete Davidson makes my skin crawl, I can’t see how a big dick would be a mitigating factor, but that’s just me.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Didn’t he also have a thing with Kate Beckinsale? 

Is she known as a size queen?  

Ugh.  But also heeee! 

• LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

mean Ariana's a huge star, and that Bridgerton actress is on her way up regardless of who she's dating

The Ariana Grande thing might make sense. The only thing I know her from is those crappy Nickelodeon shows my kids watch, and if the way she talks on those shows is her actual way of speaking then maybe it balances out. Like hot famous woman with super annoying voice is in the same league as weird looking kind of famous kind of funny dude. Especially when you take into account the SNL factor.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The Ariana Grande thing might make sense. The only thing I know her from is those crappy Nickelodeon shows my kids watch, 

I'll let Billboard explain it... 

IMG-20210520-200510.jpg

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Ariana Grande thing might make sense.

She got a tattoo of his father, who died on 9/11, engine company which I imagine that if her people had enough Control over her personal life to find a fake partner for they probably would have advised against.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2

Study of Gen Z and gender identity. This was produced with marketing and advertising in mind, because this generation really has changed the norm.

Most importantly, Pew also found that members of Gen Z tend to have very different attitudes about gender norms than their parents and grandparents. For some examples, Gen Z members tend to have:

• A comfort with gender-neutral pronouns: They’re most likely to know people who prefer gender-neutral pronouns for themselves. These younger people feel comfortable referring to an individual as “they” to avoid using “he” or “she.”
  • A preference for more than two gender options: They tend to believe that gender options on forms or surveys should include selections besides the traditional male or female. Leaving these out may skew results of marketing surveys and other data gathering. In the worst case, leaving out other gender options can even offend some respondents.
  • A desire for inclusion and diversity: Gen Z generally feels that society should act more accepting to people who don’t define themselves in traditional roles. Since consumers tend to patronize companies they identify with, accepting changing gender definitions and promoting inclusion can help attract this market.

The full report is available here, if anyone wants to dive deeper.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She got a tattoo of his father, who died on 9/11, engine company which I imagine that if her people had enough Control over her personal life to find a fake partner for they probably would have advised against.

They would have probably advised against her licking a tray of donuts in a bakery, but somehow that happened.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

I think the Ariana Grande/Pete Davidson relationship was real. I am not a fan of either one, but that was a trainwreck I just couldn't unsee, and I read everything I could at the time about it. LOL

Based on the timeline, I think Davidson was her rebound from her relationship with Mac Miller, and her engagement to Davidson tanked pretty quickly after Miller died from an overdose later that year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I think the Ariana Grande/Pete Davidson relationship was real. I am not a fan of either one, but that was a trainwreck I just couldn't unsee, and I read everything I could at the time about it. LOL

Based on the timeline, I think Davidson was her rebound from her relationship with Mac Miller, and her engagement to Davidson tanked pretty quickly after Miller died from an overdose later that year. 

That was sort of my take on it too, for what I know about either, which isn't much.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

They would have probably advised against her licking a tray of donuts in a bakery, but somehow that happened.

Well one wasn’t permanent and only was noticed because of someone else taking video so don’t really get the comparison, since a tattoo of a dead dad doesn’t really seem to be something one does for a fake relationship. 

• Love 7

Dating Pete Davidson is one step up attention-wise from posting daily bikini pictures, a la Elizabeth Hurley. Relevance is the coin of the realm in Hollywood.

Hey, at least she's selling those bikinis! She's promoting a clothing brand.

3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Don't forget that was also when she said “I Hate Americans. I Hate America.”, they probably would have advised against that too.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I feel the same way as those dudes on either side of them.

It depends on if they're seeing things from Pete Davidson's viewpoint or are conversely grossed out because it's him.  I mean Kate Beckinsale, through whatever combination of nature, training, surgery and beauty products, defies her age.  She's certainly not the gross end of that encounter. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It depends on if they're seeing things from Pete Davidson's viewpoint or are conversely grossed out because it's him.  I mean Kate Beckinsale, through whatever combination of nature, training, surgery and beauty products, defies her age.  She's certainly not the gross end of that encounter. 

I think Pete's cute but know he's for everyone. Kate is a classic beauty and definitely age-defying. Gorgeous woman. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Pete's cute but know he's for everyone. Kate is a classic beauty and definitely age-defying. Gorgeous woman. 

It actually says good things about him that they were together, because I doubt there are many heterosexual men, of any age, that Kate Beckinsale couldn't get attention from if she wanted. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It actually says good things about him that they were together, because I doubt there are many heterosexual men, of any age, that Kate Beckinsale couldn't get attention from if she wanted. 

Yup. I know a guy who's very picky. He can't stand plastic and doesn't go gaga for anyone with blonde hair and big boobs like so many heterosexual men do. He thinks Kate is very beautiful though.

(edited)

I'm baffled by the assumption that because Kate Beckinsale is classically beautiful means she automatically has good taste in men. I like Beckinsale. But I don't think the fact she dated Pete Davidson means he must bring something to the table. Pretty people can have pretty shit judgment. 

I also don't mean that as negatively toward him as it may sound. It is just the assumption I find baffling. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

The point is that she's spoiled for choice.  If she stuck with him for any decent length of time, it implies he's got more going on than a face that a lot of people consider ugly. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

The point is that she's spoiled for choice.  If she stuck with him for any decent length of time, it implies he's got more going on than a face that a lot of people consider ugly. 

I'm still not convinced. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Exactly. My impression is that Pete is charismatic, fun, up for anything and will make you laugh. That appeals to me much more than a gorgeous face. If he's not your vibe or humor, then yeah he won't do it for you. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Pete reminds me of a guy I used to date that I thought was awesome, except my friends kept asking me, WTF?  Lol. They couldn’t see it.  I was caught up with a charming personality that was so into me that I couldn’t say no....except I eventually did, thank goodness.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

Maybe Miss Beckinsale might want to ask Shirley Jones what it was like being married to someone (Marty Ingels) for 37 years that NONE of her family or friends were able to  more than tolerate. Perhaps she may decide whether she would want  to risk the same re Mr. Davidson.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Maybe Miss Beckinsale might want to ask Shirley Jones what it was like being married to someone (Marty Ingels) for 37 years that NONE of her family or friends were able to  more than tolerate. Perhaps she may decide whether she would want  to risk the same re Mr. Davidson.

I mean they only dated for a few months two years ago and talked about how it wasn’t very serious. They are adults who were dating which tons of people do even if they know it’s not going to end in a serious commitment. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Shirley Jones had shittastic taste in men. Her first husband (Jack Cassidy) was an alcoholic, and cheated on her with both men and women.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 5/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, Kromm said:

I'll let Billboard explain it... 

IMG-20210520-200510.jpg

I am aware she is a successful singer, but when I hear a news story about her the first thing I think of is those stupid shows. And if her speaking voice in real life if anywhere close to being like she sounds on those shows I could see it being a deal breaker for a lot of people.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am aware she is a successful singer, but when I hear a news story about her the first thing I think of is those stupid shows. And if her speaking voice in real life if anywhere close to being like she sounds on those shows I could see it being a deal breaker for a lot of people.

That’s not her normal speaking voice. 

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I mean they only dated for a few months two years ago and talked about how it wasn’t very serious. They are adults who were dating which tons of people do even if they know it’s not going to end in a serious commitment. 

Well, that's a relief! The way they were being talked about here, I thought that Miss Beckinsale was set to announce her engagement to him. 

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, Blergh said:

Well, that's a relief! The way they were being talked about here, I thought that Miss Beckinsale was set to announce her engagement to him. 

They dated for a hot minute. And Beckinsale was happy for whatever fleeting attention she got from it. Sadly, actresses in her age group and older aren’t in great demand (of course there are exceptions, but Beckinsale is a mediocre talent, at best), so publicity stunts tend to be the default position. I wish her well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

They dated for a hot minute. And Beckinsale was happy for whatever fleeting attention she got from it. Sadly, actresses in her age group and older aren’t in great demand (of course there are exceptions, but Beckinsale is a mediocre talent, at best), so publicity stunts tend to be the default position. I wish her well.

Kate's doing okay... 

IMG-20210522-202801.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kromm said:

Kate's doing okay...

I personally put no stock in those Person X net worth sites but totally agree Robert Poste's Child is doing okay.  Besides, why does everything have to be a PR stunt?  Can't a woman enjoy a summer time fling for fun if that's all both parties are looking for?  Cole Porter wrote a whole damn song about it.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 17

Not that I would want to accuse anyone of dating for publicity, but if I had been told that that was a publicity stunt, I would assume it was on Pete Davidson's part. I hadn't even known who he was until he was mentioned here, while Kate's been my favorite actress for years and I consider her to be still one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Just my 2 cents.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Besides, why does everything have to be a PR stunt?  Can't a woman enjoy a summer time fling for fun if that's all both parties are looking for? 

PR stunt relationships are a time honored tradition in Hollywood. Rock Hudson or Tab Hunter, anyone (to name just two)? Summer flings may be fun and fantastic. I guess the paparazzi just happen to be waiting around on every street corner hoping to photograph an instant twosome who are both pushing their latest project$. Must be a coincidence. Surely the paps weren’t informed beforehand about a couple’s appearance at a certain location at a certain time. That never happens!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

PR stunt relationships are a time honored tradition in Hollywood. Rock Hudson or Tab Hunter, anyone (to name just two)? 

I'm not naïve about Hollywood and know what PR stunt relationships are.  It remains my opinion why can't Kate Beckinsdale - or any woman - have a fun filled, isn't hurting anyone, no cares given who sees them, even lurking L.A. paps, hot time, summer in the city fling, without questioning?   As if women can't simply enjoy a trip to the moon on gossamer wings as just one of those things.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

I'm not naïve about Hollywood and know what PR stunt relationships are.  It remains my opinion why can't Kate Beckinsdale - or any woman - have a fun filled, isn't hurting anyone, no cares given who sees them, even lurking L.A. paps, hot time, summer in the city fling, without questioning?   As if women can't simply enjoy a trip to the moon on gossamer wings as just one of those things.

I don't think anyone is completely writing off that possibility. For me, since I find him repulsive, I would like it to be a publicity stunt rather than just that she has, IMO, horrible taste in men. It is just an odd pairing for me. I just can't imagine that little creep sending anyone to the moon on gossamer wings. He strikes me more as the quickie in the club bathroom type. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I don't think anyone is completely writing off that possibility. For me, since I find him repulsive, I would like it to be a publicity stunt rather than just that she has, IMO, horrible taste in men. It is just an odd pairing for me. I just can't imagine that little creep sending anyone to the moon on gossamer wings. He strikes me more as the quickie in the club bathroom type. 

See, now I am the opposite.  LOL.  I hope she heard that he is magic in the sack and wanted a piece of that, had her fun and then peaced out.

Because a PR dating thing with Pete Davidson is poor return on investment imho.  His audience isn't her audience.  He can't (or at least he has not demonstrably shown that he can) open a movie.  All she gets out of it is tabloid  attention and a day's worth of twitter trending.  Or puzzled responses like we are having here.  But what then?   Does it translate into better movie offers?  An SNL hosting gig would be her biggest net gain.  But otherwise, IMO, it comes off as sad and desperate on her part more than anything else. OTOH, he gets a lot of flex for dating a hot older woman classy woman like her.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

He can't (or at least he has not demonstrably shown that he can) open a movie. 

To be fair, his only attempt at that happened during the deepest part of a global Pandemic, so all we're judging are the number of people willing to do direct VOD for him at $19.99 a pop. Predictably?  Not many.  But the critical reviews were actually decent. 

It's probably on one of the normal cable and streaming tiers by now, but calculating earnings for a pre-paid access deal like that is a bit harder. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

PR stunt relationships are a time honored tradition in Hollywood. Rock Hudson or Tab Hunter, anyone (to name just two)?

I don't think those were PR stunts so much as trying to maintain the illusion that they were straight men. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Because a PR dating thing with Pete Davidson is poor return on investment imho.  His audience isn't her audience.  He can't (or at least he has not demonstrably shown that he can) open a movie.  All she gets out of it is tabloid  attention and a day's worth of twitter trending.  Or puzzled responses like we are having here.  But what then?   Does it translate into better movie offers?  An SNL hosting gig would be her biggest net gain. 

I don't agree.

What she got was featured on TMZ for a few weeks everywhere they went. That put her back in the mainstream for alot of people since TMZ caters to alot of different age groups. Her name was back on people's minds and she got talked about online. When TMZ started showing videos of clebs at home her videos was there most of the time. It was great that it was mainly about her cat but I don't think it would have been featured as much if she wasn't in the news fairly recently to them. 

Doing SNL would have given her a one and done show and it probably wouldn't been mentioned anywhere unless she did a incredible good or bad job.

I couldn't name two people who has hosted the show this year.

• Love 4