Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't think those were PR stunts so much as trying to maintain the illusion that they were straight men. 

On a Venn diagram, fake relationships that were used to maintain the illusion of heterosexuality would simply be a subset of phony PR stunt twosomes.

• Love 3
(edited)

The trio were photographed cuddling outdoors at Waititi's home in Sydney on Sunday, engaging in PDA as they sat in front of a small table of drinks.

In several shots, first shared by The Daily Mail, Waititi — who is directing Thompson, 37, in Thor: Love and Thunder — was seen laughing with Thompson and singer Ora, 30, the latter of whom he is rumored to be dating as of late last month.

Thompson and Ora were seated on either side of Waititi, shown locking lips with one another as they leaned over the filmmaker, 45. Other shots showed them getting close with Waititi as he had an arm around each of them.

The trio appeared to be part of a larger gathering at Waititi's home, surrounded by several others as they all lounged on outdoor furniture.

There are more photos and some video online. I wonder what the rest of the cast is thinking, or if they'd already picked up on a vibe...

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dayum.  That's either the best thing or worst thing ever, depending on details we are not privy to. 

Edit - Hmm. Doug Benson agrees... 

Edited by Kromm
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

There's also the possibility they're just fucking with everyone :).

Sure, crush the dream. Dammit, I want to live in a world where a quirky, but talented goofball can vastly overachieve.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I don't know Mr. Waititi or the Misses Ora and Thompson from Adam, Eve or Lilith and, as long as there's nothing abusive going on, what consenting do with each other  in their own homes is their own call . Speaking strictly for myself, I'm not envying  or jealous of any of them but couldn't care less about them and would have been fine never having seen any photos of them. Call me completely disinterested in them and their photos in a 'meh' deal. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

There's also the possibility they're just fucking with everyone :).

I mean... based on the picture that's pretty much the mood.  LOL

Also, this has to be biggest glow-up of Rita Ora's life.

Edited by DearEvette
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Blergh said:

I don't know Mr. Waititi or the Misses Ora and Thompson from Adam, Eve or Lilith and, as long as there's nothing abusive going on, what consenting do with each other  in their own homes is their own call . Speaking strictly for myself, I'm not envying  or jealous of any of them but couldn't care less about them and would have been fine never having seen any photos of them. Call me completely disinterested in them and their photos in a 'meh' deal. 

One potential issue (if this is real and not a put on) is that Miss Thompson is an employee of Mr. Waititi. Even with full consent, that can get thorny, especially if people on set claim that creates tension or unfair working conditions. 

Miss Ora is, the Internet claims, already allegedly in a relationship with him.  Thompson is bisexual for certain, I remembered that from something in the past. 

It's sort of a none of our business thing, I guess, unless someone actually working with them complains. 

12 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Especially on the heels of her being vilified for that covid birthday party

I'd forgotten about that. Rita Ora is barely a Blip in the US market, but I've seen enough UK and Aussie TV (where they all are right now) to know she's big in those markets. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4
(edited)

Tessa Thompson is having a great time Down Under:

The “Creed” star, 37, was spotted kissing model Zac Stenmark on Sunday — the same day that she was caught in a similarly cozy situation with singer Rita Ora and director Taika Waititi.

Thompson looked absolutely enamored as she and Australia native Stenmark, 29, went for a flirty stroll in Sydney, where they could hardly keep their hands off each other.

The pair were seen smooching passionately as if no one was around in addition to chatting and laughing with each other.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Matthew Perry quits Cameo

Cameo is a video app where you can request celebs videotape birthday greetings for a fee.

Interesting! So Mr. Perry seems to have decided that he couldn't muster acting sober enough to put out greetings lasting roughly a minute or less. That's even sadder then when Courtney Love didn't attempt to try to act sober long enough to walk on the stage to accept an MTV award. Even notorious drunkards such as John Barrymore and W. C.  Fields DID act sober in public settings even if they were falling down drunk a minute before/after they were onstage.

I remember an interview he did with Lisa Kudrow some years ago. I can't find it now. But I remember Lisa being her usual merry self when she spoke but when he started talking a look of worry flushed over her face. It was sad.

• Love 1

Ok Matthew Perry might have Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome which is a result of long-term alcohol abuse. There's permanent brain damage and so the person is always slurring words and seems out of it, but he might not necessarily even be drinking -- it's just the brain damage.

• Useful 1

Also, tons of celebrities turn off their cameo when there is a huge spike in news because they don’t want to deal with all the requests. If they accept the request but don’t fulfill it the person doesn’t get their money back they only get a cameo credit. The article even notes that it’s a common occurrence. I mean l wouldn’t rule it out but this is all random fan speculation.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Maybe I am missing something, but the one trailer that had Matthew slurring didn't alarm me.  They were talking about getting emotional, and I thought he was playing it for laughs a little.  I didn't see it as his trying and failing to say something.  They had those kinds of moments on Friends a lot where someone was so upset that they no longer made sense.

Does he sound perfect in the cameo video above?  No, but nothing that alarms me.  Are there other clips out there that raised alarms, or are people deciding he has relapsed based on that one moment and his usual  disheveled appearance?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Maybe I am missing something, but the one trailer that had Matthew slurring didn't alarm me.  They were talking about getting emotional, and I thought he was playing it for laughs a little.  I didn't see it as his trying and failing to say something.  They had those kinds of moments on Friends a lot where someone was so upset that they no longer made sense.

Does he sound perfect in the cameo video above?  No, but nothing that alarms me.  Are there other clips out there that raised alarms, or are people deciding he has relapsed based on that one moment and his usual  disheveled appearance?

Think it's more like his well-known history of struggling with drug and alcohol addiction that's raising the alarms. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Matthew Perry quit Cameo. I do worry about him. He seems so troubled. 

I won't lie.  When I read this, I first thought to myself "Matthew Perry was singing with Cameo?" 

Healing wishes to Mr. Perry.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Tess Thompson coming out as bisexual during her relationship with Janae Monelle has to be one of the least surprising news I remember encountering. I guess it looks like things are over with Janae? Or, you know, love the one you're with an all that....

Huh. I did a random Google check because I didn't know about the Tessa Thompson/Janelle Monae thing, and Monae will appear in the sequel to Knives Out along with Kathryn Hahn and Dave Bautista. When did she branch out into acting? I will go sit in my wheelchair and feel old now.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Huh. I did a random Google check because I didn't know about the Tessa Thompson/Janelle Monae thing, and Monae will appear in the sequel to Knives Out along with Kathryn Hahn and Dave Bautista. When did she branch out into acting?

You didn't see Hidden Figures?  It pops up on TV semi-regularly; check it out, as it's great (she plays Mary Jackson).  I thought that was her acting debut, but IMDb says Moonlight came first.  She was also in Harriet and, most recently, Antebellum.  A few other things, including a lead role in an anthology series I've never seen (Homecoming).

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Matthew Perry quit Cameo. I do worry about him. He seems so troubled. 

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

What's Cameo?

5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I just read it here:

https://pagesix.com/2021/05/27/matthew-perry-quits-cameo-after-concern-for-his-slurred-speech/

Why the hell is Matthew Perry doing Cameos was my first reaction.

Precisely (on that last).  Frankly, quitting Cameo is probably a good sign, not a bad one. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Maybe I am missing something, but the one trailer that had Matthew slurring didn't alarm me. 

Plus, Matt LeBlanc is the one who got fat. Perry just looks kind of washed out. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Bastet said:

You didn't see Hidden Figures?  It pops up on TV semi-regularly; check it out, as it's great (she plays Mary Jackson).  I thought that was her acting debut, but IMDb says Moonlight came first.  She was also in Harriet and, most recently, Antebellum.  A few other things, including a lead role in an anthology series I've never seen (Homecoming).

Thanks for the recs, @Bastet, I have made note of those titles.

2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Huh. I did a random Google check because I didn't know about the Tessa Thompson/Janelle Monae thing, and Monae will appear in the sequel to Knives Out along with Kathryn Hahn and Dave Bautista. When did she branch out into acting? I will go sit in my wheelchair and feel old now.

This is amusing to me because I first saw her in Hidden Figures (which I also highly recommend), then, one day, I saw a clip of her singing and said "She sings?". 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I kinda think Rita Ora is the worst.......

Matthew Perry is doing all these gigs lately to make money.  He keeps trying to sell t-shirts.  It's worrisome.  They used to make $1 million an episode and they did like 250 episodes.  Where did all that money go?  They didn't make $1 million from day one, but at some point, it definitely started.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 3:05 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yup. I know a guy who's very picky. He can't stand plastic and doesn't go gaga for anyone with blonde hair and big boobs like so many heterosexual men do. He thinks Kate is very beautiful though.

There's a lot of plastic in Kate :) 

6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I kinda think Rita Ora is the worst.......

Matthew Perry is doing all these gigs lately to make money.  He keeps trying to sell t-shirts.  It's worrisome.  They used to make $1 million an episode and they did like 250 episodes.  Where did all that money go?  They didn't make $1 million from day one, but at some point, it definitely started.

The sometimes questionable Net Worth sites believe he's worth $120 million. 

Interestingly the figures are vastly different across the cast:

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/celebrities/friends-cast-net-worths/

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, annzeepark914 said:

Jerry could never win an Oscar but his acting got better each season. Plus, I don't think any other TV show created so many popular phrases ("not that there's anything wrong with that").

I agree... It's so odd to me when people say Jerry Seinfeld is a bad actor.  I think a more accurate statement would be that he breaks character often (he's not always able to control his laughing at funny comedians around him).  Actually, sometimes his delivery was pitch perfect for the situation.  To me, he is a great comedic actor.  Of course, we've only seen him on a handful of shows, but he fits the bill on those shows perfectly.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree... It's so odd to me when people say Jerry Seinfeld is a bad actor.  I think a more accurate statement would be that he breaks character often.  Actually, sometimes his delivery was pitch perfect for the situation.  To me, he is a good actor.  Of course, we've only seen him on a handful of shows, but he fits the bill on those shows perfectly.

Jerry Seinfeld is okay at playing versions of Jerry Seinfeld. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12

I once read an article about Seinfeld in its heyday.  Jason Alexander tried stand up and bombed.  Jerry’s quote was along the lines of “As an actor I just have to get from a to b and no one really cares how badly I do so.  Stand up, on the other hand, is jumping out of a plane with an iffy parachute.”

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's a lot of plastic in Kate :) 

I’m sure she’s had noninvasive stuff done to preserve her natural beauty, but I don’t think she ever needed a Hollywood style makeover. If there is a lot of plastic in her, that’s some damn good plastic! 

• Love 3