Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I read the wrong story. Sorry. I have a feeling that they were going to an AA or Drug rehab program that took place at the church. Hence the reason they met in church. 

I’ve seen speculation of that and really hope that’s not the case. I have no idea is Munn is sober or has addiction issues but even indirectly leaking that would be a really shitty thing for someone to do. Of course, that is assuming they didn’t leak it themselves. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I don't want to call it abuse of power as the Hilarie Burton story is the only one I've heard of.

There were several other women who came forward about groping incidences when Hilarie’s story was highlighted, including Anna Marie Tendler, John Mulaney’s soon to be ex-wife.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 12
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wish Ellen would go away now, though I suppose her staff needs time to find new jobs.   I was a huge fan, though I stopped watching her daily talk show a few years ago,

In Wendy's own way, she pretty much confirmed Ellen's attitude today on her talk show. I only wish Wendy would have spilled the enter cup of tea.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

In Wendy's own way, she pretty much confirmed Ellen's attitude today on her talk show. I only wish Wendy would have spilled the enter cup of tea.

OK, despite my being stuck in the 20th Century, I [somewhat] get that 'spill the tea' means to blab about something but could you please educate us  antedilulvian posters re  what exactly does 'spilled the enter cup. ..' mean?

In this particular case, does this mean that Miss Williams' did not  blab about Miss De Generes's personality first thing or was I not able to hit this particular brontosaurus   on the side of a cave?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

OK, despite my being stuck in the 20th Century, I [somewhat] get that 'spill the tea' means to blab about something but could you please educate us  antedilulvian posters re  what exactly does 'spilled the enter cup. ..' mean?

In this particular case, does this mean that Miss Williams' did not  blab about Miss De Generes's personality first thing or was I not able to hit this particular brontosaurus   on the side of a cave?

Spilling the Tea means sharing the hot gossip.  Gossip so hot it'll burn you just like the water used to make a pot of tea.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

I pretty sure that was supposed to be that she didn’t spill the entire cup of tea. Meaning she didn’t reveal everything she knows. 

8 hours ago, Dani said:

I’ve seen speculation of that and really hope that’s not the case. I have no idea is Munn is sober or has addiction issues but even indirectly leaking that would be a really shitty thing for someone to do. Of course, that is assuming they didn’t leak it themselves. 

It could be that it was at a church hosting AA/NA. I have no idea if Munn is in recovery but she could have been there in support of a close friend or family member. As far as the leak I hope it was from their own people rather than someone violating their privacy. I did see someone jokingly speculate that this may turn out to be the two of them running into each other at the grocery store and having a nice conversation which got turned into a relationship to get clicks. Since there hasn't been a denial from either person I'm inclined to think it's real but I will laugh so hard if it turns out to be the grocery store thing.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s interesting to hear about Mulaney, church and addiction.  I recently read a story about how God saved Alice Cooper from substance abuse!  I was very surprised.

https://pagesix.com/2021/05/12/alice-cooper-prays-every-day-credits-god-for-staying-sober/

Alice Cooper also grew up as a preacher's kid. 

Haha I once argued with a professor at the batshit crazy religious college I went to on behalf of Alice Cooper. You would have thought he would have moved on by 2011, but he was going on and on about how satanic Alice Cooper was, and I was like, "But actually he's a born-again Christian, his dad was a pastor, and he has always credited vaudeville way more than Satan for his act." He backed down. LOLOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

So the person who's openly a bully to many people (albeit typically people she doesn't actually know) spilled Tea on the person who hides being a bully?  Great. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Alice Cooper also grew up as a preacher's kid. 

Haha I once argued with a professor at the batshit crazy religious college I went to on behalf of Alice Cooper. You would have thought he would have moved on by 2011, but he was going on and on about how satanic Alice Cooper was, and I was like, "But actually he's a born-again Christian, his dad was a pastor, and he has always credited vaudeville way more than Satan for his act." He backed down. LOLOL

Several years ago, during the passing of the peace, I turned to the man behind me who I had never seen before, but thought he looked familiar.  I shook his hand, but was too distracted wondering where I'd seen him to register his voice.  A moment later, I heard him say "peace be with you" to someone else and it hit--it was Alice Cooper.  I did really well not turning around to sneak another peak, except for once when I got up to use the restroom.  He left during the last hymn, so there were no other chances to greet him.  After the service, there was more than one person, including the pastor, who was asking "did you see Alice Cooper?".  I remembered later in the day that his father was a pastor, so it didn't seem too far fetched that he'd be there, but it was still the coolest celebrity encounter I've ever experienced.  I shook Alice Cooper;s when he was a guest at our church one Sunday!

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Several years ago, during the passing of the peace, I turned to the man behind me who I had never seen before, but thought he looked familiar.  I shook his hand, but was too distracted wondering where I'd seen him to register his voice.  A moment later, I heard him say "peace be with you" to someone else and it hit--it was Alice Cooper.  I did really well not turning around to sneak another peak, except for once when I got up to use the restroom.  He left during the last hymn, so there were no other chances to greet him.  After the service, there was more than one person, including the pastor, who was asking "did you see Alice Cooper?".  I remembered later in the day that his father was a pastor, so it didn't seem too far fetched that he'd be there, but it was still the coolest celebrity encounter I've ever experienced.  I shook Alice Cooper;s when he was a guest at our church one Sunday!

That's a great story! 😁

• Love 13
On 5/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, RedElf said:

Seth Rogan has shaved off his beard for a movie role, and holy, unrecognizable!

185551617_10225388800128793_639673407901

I saw this post the other day and my first thought was "Seth Rogan had a beard?" because in my mind's eye, he's the kid from Freaks and Geeks and he doesn't have a beard. But I also didn't think this looked like him at all.

But then I just saw this picture of him with a beard and I still didn't recognize him. Maybe it's because he's skinnier and his face shape is different.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Kromm said:

So the person who's openly a bully to many people (albeit typically people she doesn't actually know) spilled Tea on the person who hides being a bully?  Great. 

Well, at least Wendy doesn't scare people half to death, unless of course, if you're talking about some of her wigs 😜

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, at least Wendy doesn't scare people half to death

This is something I have never understood. How did people think she was "nice" all this time when every show she would pull something like this? This never seemed funny to me, it seems cruel. I don't watch her show, but I've seen clips & the one with Kris Jenner looks scary, not because of what Ellen did, but because Kris literally falls down over a trolley backstage. Ellen apparently thought it was great fun to make people fall down terrified.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2018/10/31/6dc54337-b9a2-4f30-b46b-eb3bb1d336ec-gifit_1541017792342.gif?fm=webm

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is something I have never understood. How did people think she was "nice" all this time when every show she would pull something like this? This never seemed funny to me, it seems cruel. I don't watch her show, but I've seen clips & the one with Kris Jenner looks scary, not because of what Ellen did, but because Kris literally falls down over a trolley backstage. Ellen apparently thought it was great fun to make people fall down terrified.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2018/10/31/6dc54337-b9a2-4f30-b46b-eb3bb1d336ec-gifit_1541017792342.gif?fm=webm

She appears to take great joy in human terror.  It's evident on that game show she does.  

If ever there was a time for the overused words "entitled & privileged", it's to describe Ellen Degeneres.

• Love 19

Didn't really watch the Oscars and totally missed this new celebrity couple:

Porizkova also explained that she and Sorkin, 59, met when journalist Ashleigh Banfield asked her if she wanted to be introduced to a single man. Porizkova consented, with one exception — "no rock stars." 

Banfield then introduced Porizkova to the West Wing creator via text message and a month later, she was flying out to Los Angeles for a date with Sorkin. 

When reached by the Times for a comment, Sorkin told the outlet that he doesn't comment on anyone he's not working with "but if Paulina's ever a cinematographer on something I write I'll give you a thousand words."

I guess there's no reason why these people wouldn't all run in the same circles, but it also kind of feels like a Celebrity News Generator spat out three random names?

• LOL 15

I love that Paulina is letting herself age naturally. She’s 56 and looks it, but still looks gorgeous. Not too many former models have the balls to do that. I also love that she clearly does not date based on looks. She’s one celebrity that I actually would believe to be down to earth.

• Love 18
(edited)

Re:  PP

the-truth-about-paulina-porizkova-and-aaron-sorkin

From the ^link:  

"The Czech model later recounted that she was left with literally nothing, given that they had not even signed a prenup and had to rely on friends for grocery money after he died, per Page Six.

Things have not been easy for the outspoken model, but it sounds like she's happy with the new man in her life."

My take?  56-yr old former models with two grown children shouldn't be reliant on friends for grocery money, regardless of whether or not she had a prenup with a man she had been separated from for years, and divorced from for a couple of months prior to his death.

I'd be happy with that new man too, given those circumstances.

I realize this is via Page Six, but smoke usually leads to fire.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Re:  PP

the-truth-about-paulina-porizkova-and-aaron-sorkin

From the ^link:  

"The Czech model later recounted that she was left with literally nothing, given that they had not even signed a prenup and had to rely on friends for grocery money after he died, per Page Six.

Things have not been easy for the outspoken model, but it sounds like she's happy with the new man in her life."

My take?  56-yr old former models with two grown children shouldn't be reliant on friends for grocery money, regardless of whether or not she had a prenup with a man she had been separated from for years, and divorced from for a couple of months prior to his death.

I'd be happy with that new man too, given those circumstances.

I realize this is via Page Six, but smoke usually leads to fire.

While pictures CAN lie (especially in the entertainment industry), if that pic is worth a thousand words, then Miss Poriskova appeared happier in that moment and enjoying Mr. Sorkin's company more than she had in the decades she had been associated with Mr. Ocasek. The late Mr. Ocasek was a musical genius but he sure never seemed to have been any fun to be around. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Well my sympathy for John mulaney has declined since he is now dating olivia munn right after he announced the separation from his wife.  Obviously was dating her already.  

Mulaney is no Prince, but I do think we're not necessarily getting the whole story.  His wife's statement is really weird. It feels like she's trying to publicly set herself up as the victim, whereas we don't really know all of the facts that led up to the split up. We don't know how long there have been problems, we don't know if they're one sided or mutual, we don't know squat. We just know that the sequence looks bad: that John had drug problems, went away, came back, and has a new relationship and isn't with his wife anymore. Ultimately, drug problems are complicated, but they very well could be a consequence of his marriage problems, not the cause of them. Similarly, his moving on from a marriage to a new relationship could be an effect, not a cause.  We just don't know. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Mulaney is no Prince, but I do think we're not necessarily getting the whole story.  His wife's statement is really weird. It feels like she's trying to publicly set herself up as the victim, whereas we don't really know all of the facts that led up to the split up. We don't know how long there have been problems, we don't know if they're one sided or mutual, we don't know squat. We just know that the sequence looks bad: that John had drug problems, went away, came back, and has a new relationship and isn't with his wife anymore. Ultimately, drug problems are complicated, but they very well could be a consequence of his marriage problems, not the cause of them. Similarly, his moving on from a marriage to a new relationship could be an effect, not a cause.  We just don't know. 

We don't know for sure but the timing of everything makes it seem more likely the new relationship is the cause of the break up, not a result of it.  

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

We don't know for sure but the timing of everything makes it seem more likely the new relationship is the cause of the break up, not a result of it.  

Either that or he jumped quickly into a new relationship shortly after rehab, which isn't great either. 

• Love 10

Argh. It's actually frustrating to see proof that formerly famous people (okay, admittedly he DID work as an adult, but not in anything important lately) are just as vulnerable to conspiracy bullshit and radicalization as Joe and Jill Q. Public. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I love that Paulina is letting herself age naturally. She’s 56 and looks it, but still looks gorgeous. Not too many former models have the balls to do that. I also love that she clearly does not date based on looks. She’s one celebrity that I actually would believe to be down to earth.

She's always struck me as very real. 

She's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen too. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

She's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen too. 

Then and now. That woman's bone structure is amazing. I remember when she married Rick Ocasek. Visually they were the oddest couple imaginable, but at the time at least, they seemed to work.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

Makes me even more happy that I never watched something starring that guy. This makes me want to buy a CostCo membership.

Jason managed that asshole like a pro. 

I wish I could say the same. I did watch Silver Spoons and when he was on NYPD Blue.

This expresses my feelings:

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Argh. It's actually frustrating to see proof that formerly famous people (okay, admittedly he DID work as an adult, but not in anything important lately) are just as vulnerable to conspiracy bullshit and radicalization as Joe and Jill Q. Public. 

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kromm said:

Mulaney is no Prince, but I do think we're not necessarily getting the whole story. 

No we're not but what we do know doesn't make me think blaming his wife or marriage is the likeliest reason for his relapse. 

We know his addiction issues started long before he met his wife and got married.  We know that there is at least one other relapse that happened that we didn't know about.  I can believe there may have been others.  He wouldn't be the first addict in recovery to publicly not count relapses. 

He began hanging around a lot with Pete Davidson who is young, single and rumored to party like a young and single guy. I thought maybe Pete was going to benefit from John's stability but perhaps it was actually destabilizing for John. Heck, maybe it was both. 

There were rumors about a comedian who claimed to love his wife but who actually cheated on her.  That blind item was recently connected with him. Grain of salt and all that....

So I don't know him but I'm gonna be judgy and go yikes about a guy who, within the past six months, relapsed, tried to find structure in his life by getting a writing job, appeared high on air, did two months in rehab, did a few more months in sober living, ended his marriage and announced a new high profile relationship.

Yes, his wife's statement made it clear that she wanted it to be known that this is all on him and that's a bit different since these celeb splits are usually presented as mutual but I don't think it's weird. 

Now weird is the statement that Iaon Gruffold's wife put out.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish I could say the same. I did watch Silver Spoons and when he was on NYPD Blue.

Never, ever saw an episode of SS. I was done with sitcoms when that became popular.

NYPD Blue was too dude-centric to interest me until they added hot Jimmy Smits.

No lie. I’m not going to watch a show where the main characters are male and not hot. I never noticed this about myself until a few years ago, but that was my pattern back to around when I noticed that some men were attractive and some were not...like when I was ten. 

I have no idea who John Mulaney is and did a quick google and noticed he was not hot and figured that was why. I’ve never seen him in anything. Same with Pete Davidson who looks like a bridge troll. Why is he famous? We hold women to these ridiculous standards of beauty and guys who look like that get fame and second chances? No. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I have no idea who John Mulaney is and did a quick google and noticed he was not hot and figured that was why. I’ve never seen him in anything. Same with Pete Davidson who looks like a bridge troll. Why is he famous? We hold women to these ridiculous standards of beauty and guys who look like that get fame and second chances? No. 

They're comedians/comics.  Standards of beauty are relaxed for them.  Even with women--although probably not as much as with men.

• Love 6

Bit off-topic, but this site has made me google who Pete Davidson is, as I had no idea such person existed. I kept thinking you guys are talking about Doctor Who actor Peter Davison and it didn't make any sense to me. You learn a new thing every day I guess.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

I kept thinking you guys are talking about Doctor Who actor Peter Davison and it didn't make any sense to me. You learn a new thing every day I guess.

Glad I'm not the only one. "young and single party guy" didn't really fit with my image of Doctor Who's PD so I realized it must be someone else, but the image was amusing.

11 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

No lie. I’m not going to watch a show where the main characters are male and not hot. I never noticed this about myself until a few years ago, but that was my pattern back to around when I noticed that some men were attractive and some were not...like when I was ten. 

I'm extremely shallow. I need to find at least one of the leads attractive in order to invest in a show. lol If I want drama involving ordinary looking people I'll just go hang out at Walmart. haha

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They're comedians/comics.  Standards of beauty are relaxed for them.  Even with women--although probably not as much as with men.

Mmm...yeah. Fuck that. JamStandards of beauty for men are much higher than standards of beauty for women. I find 90% of standup comedy either intentionally offensive or simply not funny. So I don’t watch it. Any of it. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm extremely shallow. I need to find at least one of the leads attractive in order to invest in a show.

For me it's not looks it's that I have to at least like one of the leads in order to invest in a show.  As one example even though I liked Everybody Loves Raymond  I never got into King of Queens (which was somewhat sortta not quite a spinoff).  I thought both of the main characters were manipulative and basically unlikable.

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Makes me even more happy that I never watched something starring that guy. This makes me want to buy a CostCo membership.

I dropped my membership a few years ago because I never used it but I totally agree I am definitely reconsidering now!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 8
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I hope that Costco guy gets a raise. 

I bet Scott Baio does something equally shitty in the next week or so so he can steal the spotlight from Schroeder.

Why wait when he can just jump in and try and steal the spotlight right now. He got himself trending almost immediately on the topic. 

Edited by Guest

Possibly more since (not all) but many of them don't get a proper education and live much of their lives in a Hollywood bubble.

Poor Jason. He's just trying to do his job and keep people safe and Rick comes at him like a typical entitled dick. Love the manager rolling her eyes at him at the end. Team Costco!

Why are people acting like wearing a mask while they shop is the worst thing to happen to them in...oh, right, he's a rich white guy. NVM

Karen behavior. Even "the manager" doesn't have any real power. Honestly, Jason handled himself incredibly well. 

No lie. I’m not going to watch a show where the main characters are male and not hot.

Love this. I'm not quite there but there's got to be something REALLY compelling for me to watch a show with a bunch of male protagonists and maybe one token woman. I've basically cleared out anything like that in recent years.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I have no idea who John Mulaney is and did a quick google and noticed he was not hot and figured that was why. I’ve never seen him in anything. Same with Pete Davidson who looks like a bridge troll. Why is he famous?

Mulaney did a bad sitcom, a seeming dollar store version of Seinfeld, that nobody saw.  But before that, even before much of his stand up comedy career, he was a writer for SNL. He was apparently office mates with Seth Meyers.  Except for the onscreen talent, its usually hard to know who wrote what on SNL, but in more recent years he's also guest hosted and wrote and appeared in some admittedly very funny musical skits on the show. Well, I liked them at least. I know some people may just see them and be confused or annoyed.  Here's one of them:

He also did a very strange, but funny, Netflix special called John Mulaney and The Sack Lunch Bunch. It was SO bizarre, I liked it. Here's a tiny bit of it. Again, I'm sure many hate or will hate it:

Pete Davidson is actually in that FIRST clip with Mulaney. I've never liked him much, but apparently he made a movie last year that impressed some people. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Never, ever saw an episode of SS. I was done with sitcoms when that became popular.

NYPD Blue was too dude-centric to interest me until they added hot Jimmy Smits.

Well I was a kid when I watched Silver Spoons, and I watched the first season of NYPD Blue because I found David Caruso hot-but didn’t care for his pale butt. It was his voice and the character I loved. Didn’t watch much when Smits joined, and only tuned in to see a grown up Ricky. But couldn’t get back into the show. But Law & Order was more my jam as was Mike Logan.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Mulaney did a bad sitcom, a seeming dollar store version of Seinfeld, that nobody saw.  But before that, even before much of his stand up comedy career, he was a writer for SNL. He was apparently office mates with Seth Meyers.  Except for the onscreen talent, its usually hard to know who wrote what on SNL, but in more recent years he's also guest hosted and wrote and appeared in some admittedly very funny musical skits on the show. Well, I liked them at least. I know some people may just see them and be confused or annoyed.  Here's one of them:

He also did a very strange, but funny, Netflix special called John Mulaney and The Sack Lunch Bunch. It was SO bizarre, I liked it. Here's a tiny bit of it. Again, I'm sure many hate or will hate it:

Pete Davidson is actually in that FIRST clip with Mulaney. I've never liked him much, but apparently he made a movie last year that impressed some people. 

My question was rhetorical. I have zero interest in those utterly bland, likely talent-free dudes who do horrible shit and get a pass for it. There is not one thing in this world that could convince me to watch those clips.

7 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

My question was rhetorical. I have zero interest in those utterly bland, likely talent-free dudes who do horrible shit and get a pass for it. There is not one thing in this world that could convince me to watch those clips.

Fair enough. My point was in part that he isn't bland, but there's no compulsion here to convince you if your mind is made up. 

As far as him doing horrible stuff, I think there's smoke in what we've heard, but so far no fire. Heck, with all of the nightmarish things men in Hollywood do, if he simply cheated on his wife and eventually left her (the implied "fire" here), I'm not going to equate that to the many perverts and monsters in the industry. It's not great, but I personally wouldn't cancel someone's career for that. But that's me. I'll assume given your previous posts, none of that will alter your opinion, but I'm putting it down here anyway, I guess. It's no big deal. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Fair enough. My point was in part that he isn't bland, but there's no compulsion here to convince you if your mind is made up. 

As far as him doing horrible stuff, I think there's smoke in what we've heard, but so far no fire. Heck, with all of the nightmarish things men in Hollywood do, if he simply cheated on his wife and eventually left her (the implied "fire" here), I'm not going to equate that to the many perverts and monsters in the industry. It's not great, but I personally wouldn't cancel someone's career for that. But that's me. I'll assume given your previous posts, none of that will alter your opinion, but I'm putting it down here anyway, I guess. It's no big deal. 

I would have had to subscribe in order to cancel. And I don’t have that power anyway. I am one person with the power to watch what I like and not watch what I don’t like. My posts were discussions of what I like, not attempting to instruct or coerce anyone into agreeing with me. 

His face is completely and utterly bland to me. He’s the human equivalent of leftover oatmeal, but if he’s tripping your trigger, that’s fine. It’s your trigger. 

A guy who does do it for me is Trevor Noah. Not only is he gorgeous, but his voice and speaking cadence are sexy as hell. And he’s back on the market. He and Minka Kelly have apparently broken up. 

• Love 2