Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E13: Finale, Part 1

• Start Topic

Christian visits the remaining contestants at home as they complete their final collections, but then it's back to the workroom to refine and revise, because even though New York fashion is here, that doesn't mean everybody will show.

Original air date: March 5, 2020

I'm only half way through but I think it's interesting that despite the strong opinions of many viewers towards Sergio and Victoria all the designers seem to get along and genuinely like each other. 

Geoffreys puffy stuff , no just no. And take those feathers outside.

• Love 15
(edited)

In the past, I hated when they eliminated one of the finalists prior to Fashion Week. It is unnecessary, manufactured drama for TV. Hope that they avoid it this time. I’m not wild about some of these looks but the designers worked for five months. Let them all show their collections.

I’m sure that Geoffrey’s intense emotions are real but it is hard to watch. Sergio doesn’t seem to have absorbed any of the critiques that he received throughout the season. Nancy has interesting ideas but the execution fell a bit short. As for Victoria’s looks, why was everything so beige?

Nancy’s liquid dress is my favorite and I prefer it with the cowl.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 23
(edited)

They'll allow everyone to show at fashion week because there are one and a half hours to fill. Geoffrey really shouldn't be allowed but he's going to cry and whine and lose his mind and that's entertainment!  So far Nanci and Victoria seem to look the best with the three looks but I'm not knocked out by anybody. I hope that Nanci puts a cowl back on DD.  Victoria's hair does look better.  I'm sorry for all the Geoffrey lovers but his puffer coats were hideous.  I question Geoffrey's taste level.  Only hope for Geoffrey is to cut up those puffer coats and create new fabric and I don't know that there's really any hope.

Edited by Kira53
proof reading
  • Love 13
(edited)

Who was the judge who told Victoria to make those awful 70’s caps her trademark? Oy. No. Non. Nyet. 

So wait, Geoffrey worked on a Disney film instead of fashion week stuff? I don’t blame him! The Michelin Man look isn’t doing anything for me, though.

Egyptian Moldavian what?? Will I love Nina again for shitting all over Victoria’s logos? Was it Nina? I’m confused a bit because Hillary in the clubhouse is hilarious 😂 

ETA: It was Brandon. I shoulda known Nina would never.

Edited by buttersister
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)

I just don't understand how these boring ass, DRY designers made it to the final.  There's barely a smidgen of inspiration among the four of them.  My heart hurt for Geoffrey's models and they had to try and make those monstrous dresses AND puffer jackets(?) look good.  Victoria is a cavalcade of beige.  Nancy clothes are as dour and uninteresting as she is.  Sergio is all about the past.

Boring as hell.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Didn't seem like the judges really liked anybody's stuff.

Sick of Geoffrey's whimpering, and it's really discordant with his Mad Max personal style.

Really! He's on my last nerve with the quivering and crying. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Really! He's on my last nerve with the quivering and crying. 

Geoffrey's not going to stop doing what got him in the finals.  These are the most gimmicky designers EVER.  All of them are about something other than the clothes they send down the runway.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Sergio was the best of the lot.  That faint praise indeed because that was one of the saddest finales I've ever seen.

Nancy gets credit for 'inclusivity' but I have to ask if she would have ever considered using a differently-abled model if she hadn't gotten so much mileage out of it when she was ASSIGNED an athlete in a wheelchair.  And DeeDee makes whatever she wears look like a million bucks.

Geoffrey should be sent home.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I disagree with Brandon, I think Nancy's liquid fabric gown needs the cowl. 

Sergio's and Victoria's are so boring. Nancy's is so dark. Geoffrey's is so puffy.

I really don't care who wins, because I don't think any of the collections are particularly good. Of course seeing the full collection could change my mind. We'll see.

Agreed. I' m underwhelmed. 

• Love 7

Without the cowl, the dress on DD was nothing but a basic halter. While the material was gorgeous, the cowl was the only real design element. UGH. That suit was a hot 80s mess and the other dress had a print that looked like greasy tar. NO. Just NO.

Sergio’s nightie was terrible, I don’t recall the middle look and the final dress, while gorgeous was another flipping circle skirt. STOP. 

Victoria’s might have interested me if they weren’t all tan. If a yawn had a color, it would be that shade of tan. 

I got a “Moncler goes metallic” vibe from Geoffrey. And well, at least it was something. 

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I disagree with Brandon, I think Nancy's liquid fabric gown needs the cowl. 

Sergio's and Victoria's are so boring. Nancy's is so dark. Geoffrey's is so puffy.

I really don't care who wins, because I don't think any of the collections are particularly good. Of course seeing the full collection could change my mind. We'll see.

When DD took off the cowl, that gown just looked like any other gown we've seen a million times before.  The cowl made it interesting.  I loved the way Nancy manipulated the fabric to make it.

Maybe Nancy can re-work it to some kind of shrug or bolero-type thing, instead of the cowl.  

• Love 24
(edited)

Except for the gray dress Sergio's was hideous. There is zero visual connection between melting glaciers and saloon girl. And why was he in NYC if he's from Austin?

I kind of liked Victoria's, but enjoyed the stern talking-to she got over the obnoxious logos. Were her models barefoot? And I guess PR doesn't care if you get help (her crocheted hats).

Honestly, what's to stop any contestant from secretly getting seamstress help in the privacy of their own homes?

Geoffrey squandered the opportunity. I bet the Disney gig was full of drama and distraction. Not buying the injury excuse. I stumped all over America with crutches, a cast and three broken bones. As Christian said, the looks were conceptual, but they didn't evolve into something beautiful and desirable.

Nancy's was just OK. Nothing notable, even with the accessible fashion.

Geoffrey needs to stop crying and Nancy needs to stop hugging.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm only half way through but I think it's interesting that despite the strong opinions of many viewers towards Sergio and Victoria all the designers seem to get along and genuinely like each other. 

Geoffreys puffy stuff , no just no. And take those feathers outside.

If Geoffrey took the feathers outside, he'd set them on fire with his cigarettes!!  🙂

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm ok with the idea that the remaining designers aren't off the charts, because I feel that kind of thing doesn't happen anymore. 

There is so much media and so many designs, etc. out there that to find designers who can break through it all isn't a realistic expectation.

I just want "interesting" and all 4 have done that for me.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 19
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I hope Christian gets the red eye back from the Oscars because these designers all desperately need help. 

For real.

Marquise and even Brittany were sorely missed.  They might not be the best tailors but they brought imagination and, dare I say it, JOY to the proceedings and both were sadly lacking tonight. 

Edited to add:  I'm so glad that the head of the CFDA told Sergio he wasn't buying the 'message' bullshit.  And I laughed my ass off while Sergio tried to tack some message on the fact that he didn't know his fabric was too sheer and the model's knickers could be seen.  I give the judges credit for not laughing in his face.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
10 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

And I guess PR doesn't care if you get help (her crocheted hats).

As long as she paid her mother (or whoever) a fair price, she's fine. Season 1 winner Jay McCarroll had pieces crocheted and knitted for him (and paid the workers a fair price for that so he was okay). If the other designers think you got free help you can get called out - as happened to Kara Saun and Jeffrey Sebelia - they were found (or in Jeffrey's case accused) to have gotten favors and had their receipts audited and had to change their shows because of it.

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
13 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Except for the gray dress Sergio's was hideous. There is zero visual connection between melting glaciers and saloon girl. And why was he in NYC if he's from Austin?

I kind of liked Victoria's, but enjoyed the stern talking-to she got over the obnoxious logos. Were her models barefoot? And I guess PR doesn't care if you get help (her crocheted hats).

Honestly, what's to stop any contestant from secretly getting seamstress help in the privacy of their own homes?

Geoffrey squandered the opportunity. I bet the Disney gig was full of drama and distraction. Not buying the injury excuse. I stumped all over America with crutches, a cast and three broken bones.

Nancy's was just OK. Nothing notable, even with the accessible fashion.

Geoffrey needs to stop crying and Nancy needs to stop hugging.

I think, as long as the "helpers" are invoiced/paid a fair wage and receipts are handed in, the designers are allowed use some outside sourcing.

Jeffrey Sebilia had to submit receipts for the leather work he had someone else do.  KeraSaun had that issue with the shoes from her shoe designer friend, and couldn't use them because they were invoiced too inexpensive.

And, I think that Sebastian's father did some of his leather work last season, so I guess some of this is within the rules of the competition.

BUT....those hats - just NO, NO, NO!!!!  Talk about "dated" - they screamed 1980's!!!  

ETA:  @Nordly Beaumont - you are correct - there was an issue with Jeffrey Sebelia's invoicing on the leather shorts/pants.  I'm surprised I even remember all of this!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have a feeling that either Nancy or Geoffrey will be out, if they only show three designers.  I'm afraid for Geoffrey - he just seems sooo scattered and emotionally fragile - ALL the freakin' time.  The man is like a walking nerve waiting to snap.  I like him, but he just seems like one wrong look from someone sent his way and he's going to have a full breakdown.  

Since I'm not over the moon in love with any of the designers (like I was with Sebastian last season), I tried to remove my like/dislike of their personalities and just focus on the designs.  While none of it was earth-shatteringly "ahmazing", all four of them had some interesting pieces in each of their collections.

But, to me, so far:

Victoria's is too beige.  I did like those two cream outfits that were on the mannequins during Christian's visit, though - minus the logos.  As Brandon said - Victoria isn't well known enough yet to justify logo-ing everything.  I also did see several assymetrical hems, along with straps, so more of the same, just all in beige.

Sergio's - too predictable.  I loved that blue-gray ombre dress at the end of his mini-collection, though.  The cowboy fringe looks great on that dress, but nowhere else.  Still trying to figure out where that fringe comes into play with climate change and the polar ice caps melting.

Nancy's - too dark.  All the grays, blacks, muddied, dark somber tones do not play up the way she can manipulate fabric.  The only piece I liked was her last dress, that definitely needed that cowl.

Geoffrey's - too puffy!!!  Whoever said "Michelin Man" is exactly right!!  We couldn't think of a way to describe it.  We were saying "Teletubby", "Barney", "Jabba the Hut", but Michelin Man is the proper description.  I didn't like the skirt with that purple puffer, either.  He needs to streamline, or remove some of those feathers or something.  

I would really like to see all four of them show their full collections, because I'm curious, but as I said in the beginning, I think we'll only see three, and two of those three will be Victoria and Sergio (although I get the feeling that Nina really, really dislikes Sergio).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10
(edited)

When Carli asked if all 4 designers should show at Fashion Week, Nina shook her head almost imperceptibly.

My favorite of all the dresses was Nancy's red water dress (I guess that would make it blood).  The main thing was the fabric choice, which was phenomenal.  However she was smart enough to make the dress itself simple and let the fabric be the star.  Cowl or no cowl, I care not.  

Next favorite for me was by Victoria.  It was the design with the pink coat and a beige suit underneath.  I loved the jacket with the cross pieces.

#3 for me would be the open bra dress.  I guess that was puffer guy who did that?  Geoffrey Mac.

Any corrections appreciated.

Edited by scarlettudor
  • Love 4

I really hated Geoffrey's puffy yellow piece especially. It made the model look...like he was melting or something. It gave him absolutely no shape and actually made me skittish just looking at it.

Sergio's homegrown leather experiment looked like he tried to dissolve a body in the bathtub, and apparently smelled like it, too. I'd have been half scared if I were Christian, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I didn’t watch Lifetime seasons 10–16, but this is the first time they haven’t made the finalists create a “surprise” extra look when they return with their collections, right? It’s refreshing that they gave that up (I assume they won’t throw it in next week, given they’ll first perhaps be kicking someone out), even though a few of the last-minute looks in the past were strong enough to end up in the final runway shows.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I thought Geoffrey’s open-bra dress fit her horribly. Way too much fabric just hanging once you get past the bust.

I did like the last two of Sergio’s dresses, but thought that they skewed older.

I love Nancy-she’s my favorite of the finalists-but the only one of hers that I liked was that suit. I actually enjoyed the print! But the judges were spot on about that model’s styling—she could have fit right into the secretary cubicles on the film Working Girl, alongside Joan Cusack and Melanie Griffith.

I was sooo glad the judges called out the cockiness of Victoria’s branding. Way too premature in your career!

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

Oh, that cliffhanger...

Very underwhelming final collections, from the pieces seen thus far.

Geoffrey, ye gods. I liked the unusual somewhat medieval neckline on the green-trimmed sparkly gown, but the length was very frumpy and it looked poorly fit and not well sewn. The oversize puffy bolero jacket looked like something out of a bad rap video. The beige/tan/brown/dijon mustard concoction on the blond fellow was very familiar and uninspired. Hello, Mad Max fashionable extra.

Nancy's collection looked less like seaweed on closer inspection, but grim, dull muddy colors, and nothing much going on designwise that intrigued.

Victoria! That ghastly tan/taupe/dung/whatever color palette! What the... Plus one crochet hat here or there, one crochet bag, okay, but every look, no! Stop! I am so disappointed.

Really the only mini collection I liked at all was Sergio's, although the styling was a bit Georgina Chapman sparkle princess. I liked the pale blue pieces we saw in his workroom, but not so much when we got closer up. Aside from the styling (didn't mind the silver boots, but something else would be better), his were the most professional and I can imagine the look of the collection on the runway will be breathtaking, but I cannot see him getting the win with an edit like this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sergio's - too predictable.  I loved that blue-gray ombre dress at the end of his mini-collection, though.  The cowboy fringe looks great on that dress, but nowhere else.  Still trying to figure out where that fringe comes into play with climate change and the polar ice caps melting.

I thought he would launch into an explanation of how the fringe represent icicles as snow melts and refreezes, but he either didn't think of it or they just didn't show it.  It was the only possible connection I could come up with.

• Love 6
(edited)

Grrr with the waiting until next week to find out if someone is not going to the finale. There's already going to be enough drama with the final show and winner. They could have given us something substantial for this episode to end with that we could debate for the next week.

On another note: am I crazy for wanting to have seen that lace knit white or cream thing of Victoria's from Christian's visit? That was the only one of hers that I found interesting. And she didn't take Christian's good advice about either the branding or the over abundance of accessories. And that judge who liked the lace baseball caps and told her to put them with everything? What the hell? Why?

And was it Victoria or Nancy who has the pink and green in her collection somewhere? That is going to be tragic for me. (I hate lime green and bright pink.)

Loved Sergio's last dress. Wished he'd stuck more with his concept and left the Western influence out of the collection though. Maybe the styling can tone it down.

Edited by AwesomO4000
just can't let a typo stand.
  • Love 7

He's not a contestant but I hated everything shown from Christian's collection. It's like he's the designing equivalent of the old SNL sketch with Jon Lovitz and his "ACTING!",  he's making "FASHION!"

What designer looks at all the color choices out there and decides overwhelming beigeness is the way to go? Her idea to use the traditional Moldovan patterns was interesting, but she made that boring too. Geoffrey's dresses with the all the tubes and other bits hanging off them are just weird. Did like Sergio's showstopper with the fringes and hand sewn pieces. And I like Nancy's, from what little we saw of her garments.

• Love 11

I hope the advice to keep the crocheted baseball caps as Victoria’s signature isn’t indicative of what the CFDA mentorship will be like. So surprised the judges actually put her on blast with real criticism, as if whatever Moldovan koolaid they had been drinking throughout the season wore off.

I was happy that they showed quick flashes of Christian’s runway show, but surprised that what they did show didn’t seem like a cohesive collection. I was confused though, when did they see Christian' show in relation to their 48 hours before their own mini show? Was NY Fashion Week still running during that time, or was it over by the time they presented to the judges?

It was really sweet of Nancy to make that observation about how Sergio could say some “crazy” things, but he never said unkind things to or about the other designers. Similarly, I’m glad they showed Geoffrey stopping what he was doing, even when time was so precious, to go over and give Nancy support. They were all so supportive of one another when unpacking their boxes and getting the first views of each other’s work.

Sergio also seemed less defensive about Christian’s help, although defiantly embracing “Victorian Saloon Girl” could have worked….well, maybe with another designer. Sergio is always going to go back to that bell skirt or circle silhouette. Which isn't a bad thing, as his blue dress (the least Victorian Saloon Girl) showed. 

And even though (or maybe because) that kombucha looked so nasty, I did want to see what kind of clothing Sergio would make out of it.

I’ve got to admit, I’m rooting for Geoffrey to win – more in a bit--and for Nancy to have a phenomenal career with adaptive design and zero-waste fashion. Her “sustain-ability” top was how to promote a logo for this stage in their careers, Victoria. And when Sergio was getting his well-deserved dressing-down for essentially using social causes as accessories, I kept wanting the camera to pan to Nancy, who walks her walk.

I do like Nancy’s aesthetic as shown in her personal style, and maybe it's a bit of foreshadowing that—as the judges commented -- her strength in inclusivity, zero-waste and adaptive design doesn't translate well to runway showstopping potential. Brandon already pointed out last episode is important for the win.

Which brings me to Geoffrey. He’s self-admittedly avant-garde, and his work is larger than life, which –if he can integrate the judge’s comments in time – would be more in keeping with the early Bravo PR winners, moreso than the other three. He’s had two wins where celebrities wanted to wear his designs—Cyndi Lauper and Leslie Jones – and that’s where his distinct POV would shine, much like Christian’s.

I’m surprised that he didn’t go back to working some latex pieces into his collection, and I respect his choice to show the pieces that would benefit from getting critiqued.

I totally get his injury and choice to work on a Disney show with Zaldy setting him way behind. It also seemed like he lived in a walkup building, and if his torn meniscus was bad enough to require a stabilizer, I'd be minimizing my trips up and down those stairs too. I also felt for him--the other three were shown to have the support of loved ones, and Geoffrey mentioned that he was going through a breakup. And was speechless when Christian ragged him about not having any female friends who could try on his clothes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

When DD took off the cowl, that gown just looked like any other gown we've seen a million times before.  The cowl made it interesting.  I loved the way Nancy manipulated the fabric to make it.

Maybe Nancy can re-work it to some kind of shrug or bolero-type thing, instead of the cowl.  

Exactly!   The cowl was what made the design interesting.   Without it, it looks plain, boring and old-fashioned.   And it was funny how the judges, after telling the model to take the cowl off because it was ruining the look, all fell silent when it came off - because the resulting look was so blah.   But but after their semi-shocked pause, they all jumped in with faint praise, because of course they could never be wrong about anything.

Two of the judges' darlings, Sergio and Vicky, delivered disappointing looks; I was expecting much more.  Geoffrey's puffer coats were mind-boggling.  Nancy's three looks were probably the best of the bunch, but that is not saying much of anything at all.   Since all four designers delivered underwhelming collection samples, I hope they all go forward and show us what they're really capable of doing.  No one deserved to be in the top last night.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm ok with the idea that the remaining designers aren't off the charts, because I feel that kind of thing doesn't happen anymore. 

There is so much media and so many designs, etc. out there that to find designers who can break through it all isn't a realistic expectation.

I just want "interesting" and all 4 havae done that for me.

The contestants all talk about how much showing at Fashion Week would mean to their careers. If I'm recalling correctly, there is not usually a huge audience at the PR venue, and a lot of the audience members seem to be contestants' friends and family and the eliminated contestants from the season. I wonder how much of a leg up showing at Fashion Week really is for their futures? As Jextella said above, there are a lot of designers out there, and it would be hard to rise above the noise. On the other hand, showing at Fashion Week probably teaches the contestants a lot about putting on a show, and would be a thrilling personal accomplishment.

2 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I’ve got to admit, I’m rooting for Geoffrey to win – more in a bit--and for Nancy to have a phenomenal career with adaptive design and zero-waste fashion. Her “sustain-ability” top was how to promote a logo for this stage in their careers, Victoria. And when Sergio was getting his well-deserved dressing-down for essentially using social causes as accessories, I kept wanting the camera to pan to Nancy, who walks her walk.

I do like Nancy’s aesthetic as shown in her personal style, and maybe it's a bit of foreshadowing that—as the judges commented -- her strength in inclusivity, zero-waste and adaptive design doesn't translate well to runway showstopping potential. Brandon already pointed out last episode is important for the win.

Which brings me to Geoffrey. He’s self-admittedly avant-garde, and his work is larger than life, which –if he can integrate the judge’s comments in time – would be more in keeping with the early Bravo PR winners, moreso than the other three. He’s had two wins where celebrities wanted to wear his designs—Cyndi Lauper and Leslie Jones – and that’s where his distinct POV would shine, much like Christian’s.

I’m surprised that he didn’t go back to working some latex pieces into his collection, and I respect his choice to show the pieces that would benefit from getting critiqued.

I totally get his injury and choice to work on a Disney show with Zaldy setting him way behind. It also seemed like he lived in a walkup building, and if his torn meniscus was bad enough to require a stabilizer, I'd be minimizing my trips up and down those stairs too. I also felt for him--the other three were shown to have the support of loved ones, and Geoffrey mentioned that he was going through a breakup. And was speechless when Christian ragged him about not having any female friends who could try on his clothes.

I'm rooting for Geoffrey too. I think he is a highly sensitive person, which may spring from feeling that he was never good enough to earn his father's approval (I'm glad to hear that their relationship is mending). It does seem like he always feels he has to prove his worth in one way or another. Throughout the season, he has been genuinely nice and caring, and is always polite to the models, the staff at Mood, etc. As for his designs, I agree with Kaiju Ballet that his overall look is more avant-garde, which would make his clothes very appealing for some. He has created some of the more interesting and innovative pieces this season. I think that a CFDA mentorship would really help him to fine tune his point of view and gain some confidence.

• Love 20

I love that the finalists got to attend Christian's show and see what fashion week is like ahead of their own show.

Even amid all the drama, Project Runway always manages to have some silly moments that make me laugh. I was just as bewildered as Sergio was when Nancy crawled into her box. She looked like a little kid pretending to be a dog in a cardboard dog house. I totally cracked up when Christian tried on the giant black puffy coat that Geoffrey made.

I always enjoy the home visits and I love watching the designers check out each other's collection pieces. I totally agreed with Christian's assessment of Sergio's stuff as Victorian saloon. It was definitely the cream colored fringe that made those pieces look costume-y.

I hated the blah neutral colors that Victoria used in her collection. I also hated the crocheted baseball caps. Maybe I'm just not fashion forward enough, but I would never wear a blazer with a baseball cap, let alone one that looked like my granny made it out of her doilies. Overall, I thought her three piece mini collection looked like boring  mall separates plus a really cheap looking Forever 21 jumpsuit. I agreed with Brandon about how unnecessary the branded straps and stuff are. But I disagreed with the guest judge about making those hats her signature and making them every season. Please don't encourage that nonsense, CFDA dude.

I liked two of Sergio's pieces. The second white dress (not the super sheer one) was interesting but I would have liked it better without the fringe. I liked the ombré of the third look but the fringe and the plastic pieces were unnecessary. I remember on the various gypsy wedding shows, the girls would talk about how heavy their dresses were so I was worried about Sergio's model wearing a 45 pound dress (and probably not being allowed to sit once she put it on).

I think Geoffrey went overboard with his puffy coats. He definitely didn't need to show two out of three to the judges. I feel bad that he lost so much time because of his injury, but he has so many ideas that he needs to focus and decide what his concept is. What I really liked is that he wanted comments and critiques and suggestions from the judges.

Nancy's suit was my favorite look of her three. The design itself wasn't that innovative but the way that she used the pattern made it look really interesting. And it was definitely a departure for her! I liked that she wanted to have an inclusive collection but what she made for the wheelchair model was unremarkable. It was fine but it didn't seem particularly interesting. Removing the big cowl from the third dress made it really basic and boring. I've seen that dress in the prom section at Macy's.

9 hours ago, buttersister said:

So wait, Geoffrey worked on a Disney film instead of fashion week stuff? I don’t blame him!

It was The Little Mermaid Live which aired in November 2019.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I loved that dress and the cowl design was so interesting and looked awesome especially against the smooth effervescence of the dress. The contrast just really made the look for me. Without the cowl it's just not as interesting although that fabric is absolutely gorgeous. 

• Love 22
(edited)
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Village People — that’s what I was thinking of!  And yet I feel bad for saying that.

Yes to all!  Every time I saw him with that leather cap I started humming "YMCA!"

I thought the cowl was the coolest part of Nancy's gown.  I hated the fabric of the suit and I honestly thought the only part of the gown on the wheelchair model was the fact that it was on the wheelchair model - I didn't think it was very pretty at all.  It was almost indistinguishable.

Between Geoffrey's crying and his feathers I was just over him by the end of the show, which is so sad because he truly seems to be a sweet man but enough!

Hated Sergio's lingerie outfit (and of course his snotty attitude), but that third dress was beautiful.  Don't even remember the second one.

Victoria's were better than I expected but I didn't expect much! 

Edited by RoxiP
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Jumping in for the 2nd time all season.  They always scream "cohesion"! and ask "Who is your girl? Would the same girl wear these?" (which is particularly annoying since if you looked at my wardrobe, you would think that several different women shared a closet), but from what we could see of Christian's collection, did you see cohesion or the same girl wearing all of those clothes?  I didn't.

Anyway, I think Nancy's has the most promise and maybe Sergio's and Victoria's (except that's a horrid shade of brown).  I think Geoffrey's is a mess, which is too bad because I really like him (crying notwithstanding).

• Love 7

If I had to choose only two, it'd be Nancy and Sergio. Then Victoria. Then Geoffrey, though I think he chose bad pieces from his collection. I like him but those were not good. I expect they'll all go on, though.

Victoria's were waitress outfits from a Southwestern themed chain of family restaurants.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6