Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E13: Finale, Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Even Nancy with her "no waste" collection seemed more committed to making an environmental statement than Sergio.

What was funny was, every time she said 'no waste' proudly, I thought: you're making a collection with no waists?? That's your point of difference?! Every single time! And funnily enough, her designs don't particularly seem to have waists, or waist emphasis...

I liked the bee design in last year's message challenge, but generally I just like a collection without a message. I think if Sergio could just shut up and send his out as its title, and let the clothes speak for themselves, that would be better.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, hula-la said:

I have to laugh at Sergio’s kombucha fabric in his tub. I tried making some with my students last year.it stunk something awful, and could hardly sew it.

I was like, "DUDE, how does your cat having his own bathroom square with your sustainability obsession?!"

Also: Please, no one tell Sergio about Bon Appetit's It's Alive with Brad Leone on YouTube. I never want to hear Sergio say, "I'm obsessed with fermentation and my paisley pattern represents microbial gut health."

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I liked that she wanted to have an inclusive collection but what she made for the wheelchair model was unremarkable. It was fine but it didn't seem particularly interesting. Removing the big cowl from the third dress made it really basic and boring.

I feel the same about Nancy's looks. Appreciate the sustainability & inclusivity but the design for the model in the wheelchair wasn't flattering. I didn't like the fit of the bodice, dark colours or muddled prints.

Liked some of Victoria's pieces but hated her accessories.

Sergio is skilled when it comes to construction but I don't feel wowed by his aesthetic. Victorian saloon girl just doesn't mesh with melting polar icecaps.

I'm also not sure working on The Little Mermaid was good for Geoffrey...those many sleeved dresses might work for Ursula but not on women in the real world!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Since they showed a bit of Christian's line, I'll link this here. His entire show was 68 looks.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2020-ready-to-wear/christian-siriano/slideshow/collection#1

So when they are talking about cohesion for a 10 look show, it's a totally different thing.

Loved the chartreuse,  hot pink and purple colors.   #28 thru #31, I believe were my favorites.   99% were just beautiful.    The black and grays at the end I was not crazy about, but they were uniquely designed and over the top.    Good work Christian.  Thank you Blackberryjam for sharing these pics.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

And if Sergio is from Austin, Texas why was he designing in New York?

Because it appears that he lives there? People don’t always stay in the areas they’re originally from. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Also, in the previews Chelsey is so happy with the winner, so neither Sergio or Victoria, right?

Brittany was behind her and had her hand covering her mouth in delighted surprise, so I'm thinking the winner was either Geoffrey or Nancy, with Victoria a possibility.  Just the happy looks on all the former PR designers from present year and back tells me it wasn't Sergio.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm confused about the choosing models just before the show-- are they all close enough to the same size that the garments can be altered easily?

I wondered the same thing. They have to have a size in mind when they make the garments so wouldn't you pick models where you would have to do the least re-work, if you could? Or design with the models you want in mind?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

^^^ I noticed that too. Especially last night's runway. All the other designers were saying thank you and I agree as well but the looks in their eyes were saying I don't agree but I'm not going to argue. Whereas Geoffrey seemed to really listen to his critiques and even asked follow up questions. I think he'd benefit the most from the mentorship but like others have said, can his nerves take it? Maybe the mentorship would also teach him how to calm down....

That’s because Geoffrey’s stuff was bad and he knew it.  Geoffrey and Sergio have been at it long enough and neither are “raw talent”.   Nancy is new but I don’t know if she’s all that talented.   Victoria is the only one under 30 so if it’s all about “raw” talent and having a mentor, logic would pick Victoria, the young just starting out designer.  

The Modavian design, on the back of one of Victoria's jackets and the crocheted purses and hats remind me of craft fair merchandise that old grandmas would buy and wear.

And the logos all over Victoria's designs.  Who is she?  Michael Freakin Kors?

• LOL 7
  • Love 16

I appreciate that Nancy included a look for a person in a wheelchair but I didn't like the outfit.  It reminded me of how clothes are attached to a paper doll.  It didn't appear the model was wearing the clothing.  The dress appeared to be stuck on.

I also had a friend who was wheelchair bound and she mostly wore pants because she said getting in and out of her car she could control views of her private area with pants. Getting out of wheelchair and into a car isn't that simple.  Also over time her legs lost all muscle tone and she didn't like the way her legs looked.  

I'm not sure if Nancy really thought about how the clothing would function.  A cape behind a wheelchair could easily get caught in the wheel on a windy day.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Sick of Geoffrey's whimpering, and it's really discordant with his Mad Max personal style.

Ditto this! Stop simpering already. Who would want to mentor someone who's always on the verge of crying?

As for the final four, I pretty much disliked every collection that I've seen so far. Geoffrey's puffer jackets are not new and they're ugly, as are the clothes under the jackets. And I thought it was a major ass move to stuff them knowing the down would go all over the other designers clothing. Fuck that shit, go outside you moron.

Big Hair's collection looked like the clothing equivalent of a collection of Wonder Bread slices stumbling down a runway with various condiments on them. BOR.ING. 

Nancy, whom I like and appreciate, yeah, not wowing me lady. Like, not at all. That liquid dress was weird and one in a collection is more than enough. Her ethos of zero waste is great, but it don't mean a thing if the clothing is meh. Sort of loved Brandon's shade on the wine cooler tote bag though.

Sergio, Sergio, Sergio...His political stories are so contrite and I did appreciate that the judges told him to find ONE cause and stick with that every show, otherwise STFU about it (that last part I'm paraphrasing from their underlying message!).

The only pieces I really thought were final collection-worthy were Nancy's pant suit and Sergio's dress. The pant suit because it felt current and fresh and I am a sucker for a designer who takes the time to match their patterns along the seam lines, and Nancy's was masterful - the effect made the suit look like a kaleidoscope, so kudos to her. And Sergio's darker dress because it was not just an amazing design, the tailoring and finishing was beyond. So yeah, two pieces out of 12 is pretty abysmal IMO. At this point, I'd be happy with a Nancy/Sergio final two.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Well all I can say is THANK GOD Sergio is there to bring climate change to the forefront and get people talking about it!

Seriously, does he even hear himself?

I mostly tune out when Sergio monologues but at some point he sounded like he thought humanity would be saved by his design ideas.

8 hours ago, JenLily said:

Oh and before I forget, Christian was a damn delight in this episode. From his amused reaction to Nancy's cutout of him to sashaying around the workroom in Geoffrey's huge black coat, he utterly charmed me.

The episode was so dreary after he left.

Now this is going to sound hypocritical of me: while I applaud a 64 year old woman changing career paths and following her dreams I absolutely draw the line at a 42 year old man on a skateboard.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Victoria's got big hair.  I love the fact that she wears her hair the way it grows out of her head.  Maybe it's because I'm a Black woman and have been told my whole life that my hair wasn't good enough. 

The problem with the Nancy's model hair is that she looked like she was a back up singer for Bon Jovi.

Her hair is totally different 5 months later.  Color and texture.  One version isn't "natural", says the black woman with natural hair.  I don't know which one is her natural texture.  The black hair seemed dyed.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sempervivum said:

After seeing Christian briskly directing hundreds of people as he put on his runway show, I'm convinced giving Geoffrey the win would be an act of cruelty. He is absolutely not emotionally capable of bearing the stress, and mentally, he's too disorganized. Also, if you're going to show giant puffers, you're going to be compared to Moncler, and Geoffrey's were nowhere near that standard.

Victoria's only good piece was the pink coat, but the pantsuit under it was not that color she couldn't pronounce ('khaki'), it was nude, and that's what it looked like. What she showed was the usual collection of strappy bands and cutouts, embellished with her bogus 'logo' and topped with hats that would have been kind of cute worn with tshirts and shorts, on a beach.

Sergio is ridiculous, but a very good craftsman. The only thing interesting about his stuff is hearing his tortured explanations for how they illustrate his cause of the week. However, I was really impressed at how the tubby little dweeb became a demon on the soccer field!

Wasn't Nancy's wheelchair design almost an exact duplicate of the one she did last episode-black/grey with some sparkle, skirt/cape interchangeability? The only thing interesting about the pantsuit was the print; well, and also that it didn't have her 'signature' giant pant legs. The only thing interesting about the cowlneck dress was also the fabric. Unless she MADE those fabrics, I'm not sure she should get a lot of credit for the otherwise unremarkable designs.

I can't say I'm really interested in seeing what any of these people do going forward, and I don't really care who (if anybody) gets eliminated next week.

Her use of the print was innovative and exquisite.  I hope she puts that cowl back!  Sourcing and using fabric is something people will pay for.

• Love 6

I loved that Nancy had that cardboard cut out of Christian in her work room.

17 hours ago, Jobiska said:

For the other visits, baby Christian was cute, nothing wrong with driving a truck and I don't see how Dan will be able to stop working forever but whatever you say, Victoria,

I had all kinds of thoughts during Victoria's home visit and what you said was among them. There's nothing wrong with driving a truck. Lots of people do it for a living. I get that it's hard when you have a wife and kid at home, but if it's THAT difficult to be away from them, you live in LA so I'm sure you can find another job there. It's not like you like in some tiny village with one factory and that's where everyone has to work. Los Angeles has tons of jobs that don't require you to be away from home. And if Victoria does win PR, is that money enough for her to fund her line AND let him quit his job? Mr. EB and I have talked about what we would do if we won the lottery and even if it came out to over $1 million after taxes, we still wouldn't quit our jobs.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And if Victoria does win PR, is that money enough for her to fund her line AND let him quit his job?

Almost certainly not, especially if they continue to live in Los Angeles. I get that she probably needs to live somewhere like that to get a design business started, but if they moved elsewhere, it would probably be easier for him to find a job that paid well enough to live on and allowed him to stay home, even if he doesn't have many job skills (besides playing soccer). Surely there are places that are cheaper to live but are large enough cities that she could still get fabric, etc., and customers to build a business. Although, now that I think of it, perhaps the women in those cities don't want suit jackets with the sides cut out and straps all over them.

• Love 3

Overall, I guess I like Victoria's the best, despite her ridiculous logo bs.  Of Geoffrey's, I preferred the male's look, though he should lose the car wash affect.  Sergio's 3rd look, the darker dress, was the only one he should keep.  He is certifiable, but talented.  Nancy is all over the place imo.  The print of the suit was seizure-inducing.  The "liquid" fabric was amazing, but I can see how it could go real wrong real fast.  Didn't like the cowl, but another accessory piece could help a lot.

I also believe they will all be showing.  Ought to be a bona fide sh*t show, lol.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, cinsays said:

yes, the cowl could just maybe be trimmed down some and then not worn like a chin mask when walking the runway, but it was definitely needed

I would have loved to see the cowl attached to the neckline (a different neckline than the one Nancy made), and then pulled up to actually look like a cowl-converted-to-hood during the runway walk.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, violet and green said:

What was funny was, every time she said 'no waste' proudly, I thought: you're making a collection with no waists?? That's your point of difference?! Every single time! And funnily enough, her designs don't particularly seem to have waists, or waist emphasis...

I liked the bee design in last year's message challenge, but generally I just like a collection without a message. I think if Sergio could just shut up and send his out as its title, and let the clothes speak for themselves, that would be better.

I thought it was “no waist” until I read it here!  😁😁😁. Will admit I don’t always listen carefully to this show. ☺️☺️

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved that Nancy had that cardboard cut out of Christian in her work room.

I had all kinds of thoughts during Victoria's home visit and what you said was among them. There's nothing wrong with driving a truck. Lots of people do it for a living. I get that it's hard when you have a wife and kid at home, but if it's THAT difficult to be away from them, you live in LA so I'm sure you can find another job there. It's not like you like in some tiny village with one factory and that's where everyone has to work. Los Angeles has tons of jobs that don't require you to be away from home. And if Victoria does win PR, is that money enough for her to fund her line AND let him quit his job? Mr. EB and I have talked about what we would do if we won the lottery and even if it came out to over $1 million after taxes, we still wouldn't quit our jobs.

I was trying to watch really carefully to see if I could figure out where she is living, but it was edited to show very generic scenery. Although Christian walking down the street was in a wealthy neighborhood, and the house seem quite nice. Remember a "quite nice" house here could easily be $600K or $700K or more. Are they living on his savings, too? Because I know truck-driving is not as lucrative as it used to be...all kinds of pressure to bust unions. I heard a story on NPR that truckers are having all kinds of issues these days.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:50 AM, Callaphera said:

By the end of the order, the wait-person probably doesn't even ask if he wants cream and sugar for his coffee, they just bring handfuls of all the options to him to avoid another ten minute waffling session.

ACK! Don't mention waffles or it'll be another 20 minutes deciding between the Beglian or the Dutch apple! Powdered sugar or no? Syrup on the side or directly on top?

• LOL 7

They gushed over Victoria because they say everyone loves separates, which I guess makes sense.

Sergio’s first look was a 70s socialite in a peignoir with a martini in a Beverly Hills mansion from a Columbo episode.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

Sergio’s first look was a 70s socialite prostitute in a peignoir with a martini in a Beverly Hills mansion from a Columbo episode.

Really.  The thong showing?  And that's FASHION?  Where I come from, we call that a faux pas.

• Love 3

Um, er, uh... well at least now I won't have to be outraged at who loses cuz none of them wowed. I guess I most want to see Sergio's cuz some are pretty to look at. But dude really needs to give up the armchair activism. 

I found it hard to even discern what I was looking at in a lot of Nancy's pieces. I like the clothes she made during the show much more than her collection.

Victoria's was better than I thought it would be, but that is not saying much. Her poor husband gave up being a celebrity athlete to become a truck driver who is on the road all the time so he can support Victoria's dream until she becomes rich and famous. Oh honey, don't be on the edge of your seat waiting for that. 

Geoffrey... dear, just take a vallium and push through. Some of it had potential but hasn't puffy been done?

• Love 8

Did Sergio's model never watch the Go See episodes on Top Model? "Always wear nude underwear, girls!"

I wondered if Victoria 's family was living in a garage apartment or carriage house behind one of the big houses. Actually a good living space in Southern California. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I rewatched the episode and Geoffrey's collection made me think futuristic Renaissance Fair, especially the middle dress.

The middles dress reminded me of a Star Wars movie or one of those science fiction movies from the 70’s that made dresses that they thought people would be wearing in the far away future.  The puffer pieces have been done already.  A lot. 

Anyone want to bet on the winner? 

I’m probably wrong but I bet it’s Victoria.  As much as I think her stuff is cheap looking and basic H&M, they talked about buyers loving separates.  The guy like the hats and talked about her using them for every fashion show.  She’s from Moldova. 

sergio is the most talented but he has a Western / Mexican vibe that the fancy New Yorkers see as dated and no one wants it. 

Geoffrey has been in NYC for twenty years trying to break through and has really found a niche in costumes and what he showed bordered on costume.  

Nancy, as much as they “celebrate “ differences, etc, etc, etc, they are secretly biased against her age and don’t see her as fashion forward.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I wondered if Victoria 's family was living in a garage apartment or carriage house behind one of the big houses. Actually a good living space in Southern California. 

That makes a lot of sense. The neighborhood Christian was walking in kinda looked like the old timey mansion section of Pasadena/San Marino. Lots of those mansions have quarters for the help. One of my cousins had her wedding reception in one that had been split off from the main property and was now a separate house on its own lot. And it was really nice!

I only really liked (LIKED, not loved) one piece from each collection: Nancy's tailored suit, Sergio's last dress (although it's a bit cliche, and I thought the fringe he used for everything looked so cheap, ugh); for Victoria it was the pink shirt with embroidery that was under the tan jacket (not so inspiring to only like ONE SINGLE piece in a mini-collection full of separates!); for Geoffrey actually I'm not sure, but I appreciated the difficult construction of the giant jackets - I kinda liked the giant balloon-y black one that Christian tried on in an 'it's fun to look at' way - definitely avant-garde although not exactly the newest concept either.

They all seemed to have worked really hard yet I found it altogether disappointing. If I were to hazard a guess, I think Nancy's theme, inclusivity and sustainability will put her on top . . . 

• Love 1

Wondering how much the mentorship matters in selecting the winner? And if the fourth judge wasn’t starting already telling Vic those hats could be a trademark. Problem was, they're throwback tacky. So I guess they went with her tacky logo.

I mean, the producers lined up the association and it’s clearly stated they influence the outcome.

• Love 1

Gah those crocheted baseball caps that Victoria made were hideous! I can’t believe a judge praised her for them. And the logos? Ugh. Victoria’s so full of herself and her garments are ugly. 

I am fed up with Geoffrey and his whimpering and crying. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for men with emotions but this dude is gonna have a BREAKDOWN. Plus I was not thrilled with his collection I though all those random “tentacles” had no purpose and made the garments costumes. 

• Love 3
(edited)

His version/delivery was much funnier than this, but I liked Geoffrey telling us that he pretty much took all of Christian’s advice, which was to get on with it.

ETA his exact quote:

“I definitely took Christian’s advice to heart. Everything he said. Which was, ‘Get started.’ So I... did that.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7

I’ll be the lonely cheese that likes Geoffrey’s puffers even though they’re not new. Adored the huge shiny black one, enjoyed the maroonish one, did not like the mustard outfit at all though. Then again I’m a big fan of fashion that is over the top art and not really everyday wear (Viktor & Rolf’s Spring 2016 collection and all things Iris van Herpen flood my basement).

Nancy’s silky blood dress was beautiful and definitely needed the cowl. Victoria and Sergio meh’ed me to sleep. 

Bless Christian for doing the Rocky steps, that was adorable.

• Love 12

I kind of liked the purple puffer (in an avant garde sense) but did not like what was going on at the waist area. It seemed to bunch up in an unattractive, "mistake" way. And it gave her kind of massive, droopy, breasts.

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 4.54.28 PM.png

• Love 3
22 hours ago, violet and green said:

What was funny was, every time she said 'no waste' proudly, I thought: you're making a collection with no waists?? That's your point of difference?! Every single time!

You're not alone!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I kind of liked the purple puffer (in an avant garde sense) but did not like what was going on at the waist area. It seemed to bunch up in an unattractive, "mistake" way. And it gave her kind of massive, droopy, breasts.

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 4.54.28 PM.png

DmOlGVOW4AADr9O.jpg

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

So I like Geoff, sensitive soul he is. But!  It’s been commented on but that YMCA outfit on the runway was hard to look it. Why the costume?  Why a 70s costume? And this....

image.png.c14beb70e5b7165de9c0250ee2e65e97.pngThe whole thing looks like a mistake. The collar is not even on the 2 sides. The seaming in the sleeves don’t match each othe. What in the world is going on in the front waist are I have no idea. Even the draping on the 2 sides isn’t even. It looks absolutely amateur ugly and ridiculous. The sleeves are even 2 different lengths. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Sergio’s first look was a 70s socialite in a peignoir with a martini in a Beverly Hills mansion from a Columbo episode.

I think they all had a 70's vibe.  Victoria had that disco jumpsuit.  Her skirt (culotte?) outfit had me thinking the person wearing it would have been the fashionista of a small, Eastern European village in the 70's headed out to the main street to do some shopping.  Her color scheme reminded me of retro middle class European soft goods for the bedroom that I remember looking at in old Quelle catalogs decades ago.  

Nancy's suit, while attractive with well matched patterns was nothing new.  Similar looks could be found for years.  The red gown was very Grace Jones, Studio 54 era.  The only thing making the third look at all interesting was the fact the model was in a wheelchair. The outfit itself was kind of horrendous.  Why did it look like the model was wearing a breastplate? I have previously been down on Brittany and Delvin for ragging on her in the past, but had they done so this week I think I might have felt she deserved it.  My eyes were rolling too!

Geoffrey's puffy jackets reminded me of when down coats and jackets first became fashionable back in the 70's.  I remember the Bill Blass coats my friends and I had back then.   Many of those were huge and puffy.  

Sergio throws in too many influences.  He needs to settle on one particular theme and go from there.  

• Love 5
On 3/6/2020 at 12:42 PM, BlackberryJam said:

So...anyone notice the Thom Brown/Rick Owens big shoulder, weird proportion jacket Sergio was wearing at times? I wonder if he made it himself to represent the danger self-surgery extreme body modification.

I did. I don't know anything about fashion so assumed he was getting in an audition for Miracle Workers.  Geoffrey spent half of his confessionals dressed as a monk, so there's that.

An anvil came my way with "who deserves to show..." on it.  They all know they are going to show in decoy mode if nothing else, right?  They're competing to be on the last episode (a worthwhile prize!), not to be seen at Fashion Week.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Um, er, uh... well at least now I won't have to be outraged at who loses cuz none of them wowed. I guess I most want to see Sergio's cuz some are pretty to look at. But dude really needs to give up the armchair activism. 

I found it hard to even discern what I was looking at in a lot of Nancy's pieces. I like the clothes she made during the show much more than her collection.

Victoria's was better than I thought it would be, but that is not saying much. Her poor husband gave up being a celebrity athlete to become a truck driver who is on the road all the time so he can support Victoria's dream until she becomes rich and famous. Oh honey, don't be on the edge of your seat waiting for that. 

Geoffrey... dear, just take a vallium and push through. Some of it had potential but hasn't puffy been done?

Puffy - done to death.  I never want to see it again

• Love 1
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

So I like Geoff, sensitive soul he is. But!  It’s been commented on but that YMCA outfit on the runway was hard to look it. Why the costume?  Why a 70s costume? And this....

image.png.c14beb70e5b7165de9c0250ee2e65e97.pngThe whole thing looks like a mistake. The collar is not even on the 2 sides. The seaming in the sleeves don’t match each othe. What in the world is going on in the front waist are I have no idea. Even the draping on the 2 sides isn’t even. It looks absolutely amateur ugly and ridiculous. The sleeves are even 2 different lengths. 

I think part of those are the way she is standing. Unless, of course, one of her arms is longer than the other also.

• Love 3

My take on this episode is short and sweet:

What universe is that CFDA judge living in that he thinks there's anything new or different (or signature) about Victoria's hats (that she didn't even make)?  My sister has had a hat like that for years.

Geoffrey could've vacuumed up his own dang feathers.

Fashions?  What fashions?  The only thing I liked was Sergio's final dress.

In conclusion, this is the first PR season where I absolutely don't care who wins.  None of these people are worthy, especially when I remember many of the very talented designers who lost in previous seasons.  This season is just a big meh.

• Love 9

I could be wrong but I think all four will get to show collections and that there was never really a question of that not happening. My reasoning is mainly Christian encouraging Geoffrey to show two looks that he knew weren’t very strong so that he could get feedback from the judges. That’s an extremely risky strategy for Christian to suggest so definitively if someone really was going to get cut. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I am more disturbed than is reasonable by the clip at the end showing Chelsey losing her mind with happiness over something - one is meant, presumably, to assume over the winner's announcement? But maybe that is not the case, as the other designers are usually not in the room when the final judging goes down. Chelsey's reaction has left me quite depressed, as it stands...

Hard to pick a winner from the little seen of each collection. CFDA guy (no spring chicken himself) looked palpably shocked at sighting Nancy, and her collection looks horrible, anyway. Sergio's collection has the most promise, I think, if he loses some of the extraneous fringe, but he has had a horrible edit, if he's the eventual winner, and I can't get Chelsey over-reacting out of my head, so that leads me to the Michelin Man.

I liked Geoffrey's work throughout the comp, but that was some ugly, half-assed, last minute stuff he pulled out in a panic and flung together, with seemingly no direction in mind. It is feasible he could string some cohesion into his collection and edit it to hell and back, and win on the promise of some sort of fashion-forward ideas; but his temperament would be painful to mentor.

Eh, I think Victoria wins with the dung collection, with Meana frothing about her doing "separates" and getting right behind her all season, and CFDA guy keen on the hats as branding for her "future" collections, and Chelsey is reacting to something else (you all get a $500 voucher for Mood!), somehow.

Pretty disappointing end to the season. I am stunned at how awful V's collection is, after doing some repetitive but far superior looks earlier on. I just cannot imagine the moment where she said to herself, I am inspired by mud... (Though maybe it is a pyramid reference?! Kheops* was also out of left field, really.) Just heinous fabric choices, and oddly not as well sewn as in her rushed one or two day concoctions. But I guess she is the most 'marketable' designer of the four?

*don't know how that's going to work, as there is already a 'new age and metaphysical' importing company with that brand name, I see

Meh.

• Love 3