Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Even the "champs" button is a silly idea. Like there is an actual person just sitting on the other end of that button waiting for the summons to deliver champagne?

Ha! She needs a martini butler, except for champs, like Pat on Southern Charm. ? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

Ha! She needs a martini butler, except for champs, like Pat on Southern Charm. ? 

I want a Michael too. I wonder where Pat found him. I’m sure the Dubrows have plenty of staff. Who else is going to clean all those bathrooms and do all the ironing? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I have a large dog that goes with me pretty much anywhere I can take him.... and the last thing you want is no poop bags if your dog goes in public.

I have them on the leash and the purse is back up.

They are handy though.  Instant garbage bag for example. 

• Love 9
On 11/4/2018 at 10:59 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Heather is insufferable in her own way but I thought she brought an interesting presence to the show.  I loved the contradiction of the pristine image she tried to project against the tawdry nature of getting dragged into the mud with the likes of Tamra and Kelly Dodd.  It was fun watching her try to juggle the two, and I'd love to have her back.  The show has had two seasons to find a worthy replacement, and they've failed miserably.  

Agree.  Heather is the type of person I want to see on a show like this.  Genuinely wealthy, comfortable moving in exclusive circles, beautifully dressed and coiffed, and smug.  I love her even when I hate her.  

Heather is a sleek, pedigreed greyhound while the rest are a bunch of snappy mongrels.  Good breeding is innate.  She has it, and miss cotillion Shannon doesn’t. Shannon isn’t a mongrel, but she’s still crude and has no sense of style.   Heather definitely knows what fork to use.  I’m a mongrel myself, but she fascinates me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

^^ITA about Heather.  Real Housewives was conceived as a look into the gated communities of the rich where housewives and women in general lived an exciting and lavish lifestyle.

Its turned into divorcees living beyond their means!

Heather has actual money and was able to act a tad more mature than college juniors at Ft Laurerdale for spring break!

• Love 15

Okay, I'm super late to the Heather Kitchen party, but here's my thoughts...

That secondary kitchen, or pantry, is popular in Australian high end residences. It is called a 'Butler's Pantry' and Heather's falls perfectly in line with the many I've seen on past seasons of The Block.

That salami recipe is a total rip from Rachel Zoe circa 2011. I know this because I recently binged her show whilst in bed with the flu. She made it for her end of year employee/family party and everyone just ate it with their fingers. I'm intrigued and want to make it myself. 

And as if she and her husband ever deign to grocery shop. That dumbwaiter is for the employees, which is pretty thoughtful, I guess.

Why do they need such an enormous home? I don't understand it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, knitta please said:

That secondary kitchen, or pantry, is popular in Australian high end residences. It is called a 'Butler's Pantry' and Heather's falls perfectly in line with the many I've seen on past seasons of The Block.

Butler's pantries have actually been in use since ... a really long time, across all parts of the world.  We just needed heather to put it on YouTube. 🙄 

history-of-the-pantry

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/19/2018 at 11:13 PM, knitta please said:

That salami recipe is a total rip from Rachel Zoe circa 2011. I know this because I recently binged her show whilst in bed with the flu. She made it for her end of year employee/family party and everyone just ate it with their fingers. I'm intrigued and want to make it myself. 

Rachel did have that on her sow, but I t’s actually an American Jewish “recipe.” I know about 35 people who regularly have this at summer BBQs. It’s REALLY good. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2018 at 9:33 AM, Happy Camper said:

I do like the dumb waiter, though. Being able to deliver groceries etc. straight to the kitchen from the car would be very convenient in such a huge home. Other than that, I wouldn't care to live there. Even the "champs" button is a silly idea. Like there is an actual person just sitting on the other end of that button waiting for the summons to deliver champagne?

Now we have crystals falling to the floor to worry about.

I just visited friends who installed a dumbwaiter to get their laundry from the first to the 2nd & 3rd floors. They’re in their 50’s and their house has 11-foot ceilings. It makes total sense. 

Long before that visit, at home I had attached  a cargo tie-down strap to the upstairs hallway banister.  The other end of the tie-down has an attached hook, onto which I hang full laundry baskets. It’s not only safer for me to schlep laundry up and down stairs that way, but I’ve also wrangled small pieces of furniture and fairly large framed art pieces (none with glass, so far)!  

Materials & installation cost: $0!

The po’ woman’s Dumbwaiter. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 5/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, badhaggis said:

Terry Dubrow has a new show on Oxygen starting June 23rd License to Kill about murder by physician.

I'll bet Heather is thrilled that Terry has taken on yet another job 😁

• LOL 6
16 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Whatever Terri did to his face (especially around the eye area - he needs it fixed (or should I say UNfixed)!!!

Did his eyebrows get singed off?

Yikes! He can be the subject if the next Botched, damn.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

He's starting to look like someone's grandma. 

Or someone who's transitioning .... like an early Caitlyn Jenner when she was starting with the hormones.  I don't know why Beverly Hills doesn't have plastic surgeons who can do facial work that looks MASCULINE.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 10:36 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Whatever Terri did to his face (especially around the eye area - he needs it fixed (or should I say UNfixed)!!!

Did his eyebrows get singed off?

I can't speak to the botox or fillers, but it's possible he has a thyroid issue as far as his eyebrows go.  When my thyroid meds need to be adjusted, the outer third of my eyebrows start to disappear, it's usually the first sign I have that I need to have bloodwork done.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/30/2018 at 1:07 AM, SimonSeymour said:

Rachel did have that on her sow, but I t’s actually an American Jewish “recipe.” I know about 35 people who regularly have this at summer BBQs. It’s REALLY good. 

It's crazy how many variations of it exist! Some use just marmalade, others mix jam with a type of mustard. Last weekend I had a version where hot mustard was mixed with the jam. It bugs that the internet seems to think Rachel invented it. 

• Love 2

Just saw the Dubrows on ET, showing off their latest mausoleum. Amazing that it is even uglier than the last one. The countess says you can't buy class? You can't buy taste, either. The funniest thing was Terry wearing scrubs and a lab coat, lest we forget that he is a doctor. And Heather of course was bragging about how much this or that cost.

I never thought she (or Terry) was a good fit for RHOOC - and even more so now that they have sunk to the likes of Gina, Emily and Bronte. I do think though that Heather would be a great replacement for LVP on RHOBH. While I much prefer LVPs house and grounds, they both have that knack of being totally unaware as to how they come off on camera. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Just saw the Dubrows on ET, showing off their latest mausoleum. Amazing that it is even uglier than the last one. The countess says you can't buy class? You can't buy taste, either. The funniest thing was Terry wearing scrubs and a lab coast, lest we forget that he is a doctor. And Heather of course was bragging about how much this or that cost.

I never thought she (or Terry) was a good fit for RHOOC - and even more so now that they have sunk to the likes of Gina, Emily and Bronte. I do think though that Heather would be a great replacement for LVP on RHOBH. While I much prefer LVPs house and grounds, they both have that knack of being totally unaware as to how they come off on camera. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/inside-apos-rhoc-apos-alum-234830495.html

I saw it too on yahoo.

that was some poor lighting - is it because they don't want the lights to reveal their bad plastic surgery?

Cracked up at the bragging of the chandelier being shipped in the largest container ever to dock in the US. Are we sure that brag doesn't go to the Statue Of Liberty as it was shipped in huge pieces from France to the USA?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Here's the scary thing - I don't think Terry is "MAKING" a face - this is just his frozen expression

Enlarge the bottom pic if you dare. Terry's neck looks like he has ovaries and fallopian tubes growing under his skin. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 4

I do think though that Heather would be a great replacement for LVP on RHOBH.

I always thought, back in the day, when they were both on their respective shows, Heather and Brandi from RHOBH should have traded shows. Might have been a better fit for both of them.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Just saw the Dubrows on ET, showing off their latest mausoleum. Amazing that it is even uglier than the last one. The countess says you can't buy class? You can't buy taste, either. The funniest thing was Terry wearing scrubs and a lab coast, lest we forget that he is a doctor. And Heather of course was bragging about how much this or that cost.

I understand it's their money and they can spend it how they chose, but it just seems like a very "cold" house to me. It's not a home.   I can't imagine family and friends sitting around that dining room table talking about lighthearted stuff.  I wonder if the kids' rooms are all just as stuffy and formal or if they have a safe haven where they have their "things."   

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I always thought, back in the day, when they were both on their respective shows, Heather and Brandi from RHOBH should have traded shows. Might have been a better fit for both of them.

Brandi and Tamra.  On the same show.

Me:

run away GIF

Oh the damage the two of them would have caused.

lilo and stitch fight GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I understand it's their money and they can spend it how they chose, but it just seems like a very "cold" house to me. It's not a home.   I can't imagine family and friends sitting around that dining room table talking about lighthearted stuff.  I wonder if the kids' rooms are all just as stuffy and formal or if they have a safe haven where they have their "things."   

I watched that clip and thought "when you have TOO much money", it was very cold. I can only hope there were areas they didn't show that were a little more "normal". The gym looked like it was there just to have it, versus, actually being used. I mean I get that the 9000 maids they probably have cleaned it up for the cameras, but yeesh. And that room with all the high end booze. Who needs that? Where are their priorities? I hope the kids have some level of normalcy. And Terry. Woah. What made him get that gawd awful plastic surgery? Yeesh. Now they both look like frankenstein... which makes me feel even worse for their children - what messages are they receiving? You aren't good enough as is? You have to fill your life with mounds of over priced stuff? I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing how the rich live, but I guess I enjoy the ones who are a little more grounded, even if if they live in such a way I probably will never do so myself. Was this the monster house they were building while she was on the show or is it yet another new one?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Brandi and Tamra.  On the same show.

Me:

run away GIF

Oh the damage the two of them would have caused.

lilo and stitch fight GIF

As long as they damage each other, I'm fine with it.  😛

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 8/23/2019 at 12:53 PM, KungFuBunny said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/inside-apos-rhoc-apos-alum-234830495.html

I saw it too on yahoo.

that was some poor lighting - is it because they don't want the lights to reveal their bad plastic surgery?

Cracked up at the bragging of the chandelier being shipped in the largest container ever to dock in the US. Are we sure that brag doesn't go to the Statue Of Liberty as it was shipped in huge pieces from France to the USA?

His cheekbones look really bad!  I get they have a ton of $ but the 12K champagne wall?  Are they drinking that much?  While it takes a long time it does go bad eventually.  For me, a house is too large if someone could be there and me not know about it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Heather did a Stand-Up comedy bit with David Spade feeding her the lines:

She is popping up on a bunch of shows... she is missing being on tv!

I watch Lights Out and I usually like this segment, but this was not funny. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3

I guess she's not ashamed of embarrassing herself in public. That stand up comedy routine was REALLY bad.

Did she not write any of the material and just get fed the jokes (written by someone else) thru an ear piece? 

She's almost as funny as Slade Smiley. 

Really Heather, just take us on a tour of your ostentatious mansion (with the huge room for storing LUGGAGE) and STFU. Don't want to see you or listen to your loud, abrasive voice. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
On 8/23/2019 at 10:00 PM, Hiyo said:

I actually think Heather was perfect for OC because she was certainly worldly and classy for that bunch, but I think she would implode if she were on a show with women of greater wealth than her. Look how she initially flipped out when Shannon first came on the show. Can you imagine Heather vying for Queen Bee status with the likes of LVP, Kyle, Erika Jayne, Camille or Yolanda around? Or actual working actresses like Eileen? I'd almost love to see it because I think we'd see Heather become the Alexis Bellino of the group - a try-hard desperate to show/prove her worth to all the other women. At the end of the day, there is a reason why Heather was so close with Tamra - despite her pretensions otherwise, it's very much who Heather is (but pretends not to be).

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

the Alexis Bellino of the group - a try-hard desperate to show/prove her worth to all the other women.

I know I'm in the minority here (where I'm always at😄) but I've always liked Alexis. 

• Love 3
On 10/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I have a weird soft spot for Alexis. She makes it hard, but it is there nonetheless.

I do too.  Alexis rubbed me the wrong way a lot, but I felt badly for her when the coven ganged up on her and disingenuously told her she needed an intervention (let's be honest, they didn't do that because she was their friend and they were concerned about her). I also don't think she is a mean person as some of these women are.

• Love 4

What the hell did Terry do to his face? I don't watch Botched, but happened upon an episode today and his face looks so messed up. Like he did cheek implants? Something to his eyes? There he is sitting next to Paul and making fun of him, but really, the joke is on Terry. Paul looks great, like himself. I'm kind of sad for Terry that he went that route.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Teri313 said:

What the hell did Terry do to his face? I don't watch Botched, but happened upon an episode today and his face looks so messed up. Like he did cheek implants? Something to his eyes? There he is sitting next to Paul and making fun of him, but really, the joke is on Terry. Paul looks great, like himself. I'm kind of sad for Terry that he went that route.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2