Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Since none of the housewives have been there I doubt that will happen.

Wow!. I thought she would invite at least one of them over. Wasn't she good friends with Tamra & Shannon off camera?

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wow!. I thought she would invite at least one of them over. Wasn't she good friends with Tamra & Shannon off camera?

Tamra described Heather as "so sensitive" in one recent interview, and continued that none of the women have heard much from her, implying that Heather was hurt over not being asked back and subsequently withdrew from the group. She did seem hopeful they would reconnect soon, but I don't know if that was for show.

• Love 7
On 9/3/2017 at 0:12 AM, mbaywife123 said:

Maybe no intrest beyond RHOC?

Holding out for the the highest bidder often results in no bids at all.

I remember reading that her neighbors were fed up with the filming and forbade it in the future. Too many cars, people ambling about the exclusive neighborhood and generally fed up from al the construction to begin with. That might be the reason she hasn't had a film crew over to document her manse (or she's holding out for a special of her own). 

• Love 6
On 9/3/2017 at 7:14 AM, biakbiak said:

Yes I agree no one actually gives a shit about that monstrosity.

Oh, but I do.  I need to see that closet with a hair salon and champagne station.  I need that special ice.  

• Love 11

Fantastic gossip. I just saw Heather and her husband in Minneapolis at a restaurant in a suburb. My friends and I were getting some drinks here before the Big and Rich concert, who I LOVE. Anyhoo, she and her husband come in and she looks REALLY good, yes, plastic surgery, but it's done well. Terri talks to some people who are greeting them, and then goes to the bathroom and I see the restaurant people trying to talk to her, and she is a total bitch to the lady, but super nice to the guy. The lady is really hurt, you can tell. I wanted to go say something, but seeing how she treated the lady made me know to stay away. I wish my husband had been there to go say hi for me. She was totally flirting with the male manager. Then they got seated and we didn't see her again. I didn't want my friends to know I watch RHOC so I said nothing. For the most part, I don't think anyone knew who she was but me. CRAZY WORLD! I'm wondering if I will see them later at the concert though-- that would be crazy. I'll keep trying. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 16

I can't stand rude, snotty people. I don't care who they are, how famous they are or how rich they are. Being rude and snotty just shows how insecure you are about your place in life. Really rich people are almost always kind and  cordial to working people. I know some very rich folks who are unfailingly nice and considerate. People like Heather need a wake up call by someone she considers "higher up" on how to treat people. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I can't stand rude, snotty people. I don't care who they are, how famous they are or how rich they are. Being rude and snotty just shows how insecure you are about your place in life. Really rich people are almost always kind and  cordial to working people. I know some very rich folks who are unfailingly nice and considerate. People like Heather need a wake up call by someone she considers "higher up" on how to treat people. 

IMG_1631.JPG.205986b1e1266a5b19b5382406ac14f1.JPG

• Love 18

Between Jeff Lewis' and bravofan27's accounts, there doesn't seem to be any question that Heather is a twat to waitstaff. And, why...because she's married to Terry? I imagine she's gotten plenty of sneezers over the years.

• Love 5

Heather makes me really sad. My sense of her is a deeply insecure woman who has made some pretty steep compromises for the sake of a life that looks very pretty on the outside but has a lot of hollowness on the inside. And, on top of it all, I think she is smart enough to have a sense of the gilded cage that she has created for herself.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I didn't want my friends to know I watch RHOC so I said nothing. 

LOL (been there, done that -- took me years to come out of the housewife closet to my best friend :)

2 hours ago, jaync said:

Between Jeff Lewis' and bravofan27's accounts, there doesn't seem to be any question that Heather is a twat to waitstaff. 

She hates the C word being used,  but behaves like the most stereotypical one you can imagine, pissing on the "help"? Okay, Madam Dubrow.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

It sounds that from the awesome account from Bravotvfan that Heather is threatened by women.

if she was just snobby, she would also have been a bitch toward the male manager as well, imho.

was she in Minneapolis  to promote their beauty brand on Evine?

On 9/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Heather makes me really sad. My sense of her is a deeply insecure woman who has made some pretty steep compromises for the sake of a life that looks very pretty on the outside but has a lot of hollowness on the inside. And, on top of it all, I think she is smart enough to have a sense of the gilded cage that she has created for herself.

Terry is probably not the easiest dude to live with as well. His schedule is intense and then he does the E show and promotes the beauty line. When do they have any time for themselves or their kids?

Was she a decent actress? Perhaps, she could move on to theater? 

• Love 6
On 10/09/2017 at 1:07 AM, Gam2 said:

Some of that I will agree with but most rich people are not nice some put on very good acts but regarding Heather wasn't her wealth from family money so she was never poor/working class as such?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, mon berg said:

Some of that I will agree with but most rich people are not nice some put on very good acts but regarding Heather wasn't her wealth from family money so she was never poor/working class as such?

Heather is your typical westchester chick, IMO.

And yes, she was raised upper middle class, not that it makes a difference.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, mon berg said:

My experience is that there are polite, just ok, and complete and total assholes in the rich as there are with everybody else. I've met nice billionaires and shitty billionaires. I've met nice royals and completely awful royals sometimes in the same family. Heather is an upper middle class girl from Westchester. As someone who went to prep schools with upper middle class girls, they can be awful. But not so awful in a way that can't be remedied. If someone she liked and respected pointed out that she was being rude to servers, she'd stop. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If someone she liked and respected pointed out that she was being rude to servers, she'd stop

Pointing it out doesn't seem to have helped Heather because Jeff Lewis has called her out on it a couple of times. She must really bug him.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Pointing it out doesn't seem to have helped Heather because Jeff Lewis has called her out on it a couple of times. She must really bug him.

I said someone she likes and respects. She doesn't like him. She doesn't respect him. The only reason I believe Heather did what Jeff said Heather did is because it's consistent with the type of curt physical movements I've seen from her on other occasions.

Based on what I've seen of Jeff Lewis, I wouldn't listen to him if he said I was on fire. I think his manners and behavior are just as, if not more, problematic than what he has said Heather has done. He treats his staff abhorrently. He is being completely awful to his partner. As bad as how Heather seems to treat wait staff, I'm horrified by how Jeff treats the people who care about him.

However, the other point of contention between Heather and Jeff is what Jeff says was a compliment and Heather interpreted as an insult. Jeff's version doesn't even sound like something that would come out of his mouth. Though, Heather's version is absolutely consistent with how Jeff phrases things.

• Love 14
On 9/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, LIMOM said:

Was she a decent actress? Perhaps, she could move on to theater? 

I really enjoyed her show That's Life. I haven't seen it in years so I do wonder how I would view it now as a thirty something instead of a college student. I used to set the vcr to record it lol She was surrounded by a strong cast so I don't know if she carried the show well or they held her up. I need a re-watch. 

Does anyone listen to her podcast? I can't make it through the half hour to forty minutes she takes talking about her life before getting to the guests. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

So it was revealed on WWHL that Heather had unfollowed all of the cast members on social

media. I guess that settles any question of whether she left voluntarily or was fired...

Do you believe Tamra's claim that she and Heather are still in touch and dear friends?  Tams could very well be spinning BS since we're hearing only her side, what with Heather not speaking about her HWs years and relationships (maybe H thinks if she stays silent long enough the viewing public will forget her Bravo Follies).

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/episode-147/videos/is-tamra-judge-in-touch-with

• Love 1

Heather? Being rude to service employees?

But she's a champion of the oppressed and downtrodden!

Remember when those scores of Nordstrom employees sought her out because Alexis was supposedly sadistically abusing them? 

Remember when she declared that she'd never seen anyone behave as horribly as Alexis toward a production crew ( ... and then the production interviewed for the season eight retrospective all seemed to prefer Alexis to Heather)? 

• Love 4

Heather girl: YOU ARE THE SMARTEST WOMAN IN ORANGE COUNTY!

A sad thought, considering she doesn't know what a thesaurus is, and was tricked into doing a reality show by her husband.

If someone she liked and respected pointed out that she was being rude to servers, she'd stop. 

Is she that lacking in self-awareness? If not (and assuming she likes and respects herself), then all she'd have to do is watch footage from the show.

Heather is a grown ass woman who's probably eaten in restaurants on the regular for most of her life, so it's more than likely she believes her behavior is totally appropriate. At this point, it's highly doubtful she'll have a come-to-Jesus moment about her rudeness, imo.

• Love 5
On 9/19/2017 at 9:22 PM, SCS said:

Do you believe Tamra's claim that she and Heather are still in touch and dear friends?  Tams could very well be spinning BS since we're hearing only her side, what with Heather not speaking about her HWs years and relationships (maybe H thinks if she stays silent long enough the viewing public will forget her Bravo Follies).

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/episode-147/videos/is-tamra-judge-in-touch-with

It was interesting - Tamra on WWHL. I didn't realize that Heather had unfollowed all the gals on Twitter after her demotion and eventual decision to not return in a diminished role. But I can understand it to an extent. Had to suck to be demoted and then watch Lydia, Peggy, Kelly, and Vicki have full time roles. Honestly, if a gal who is involved in all of that cancer nonsense gets to stick around as a full-time gal, I would be hurt and pissed and probably want nothing more to do with any of it. Glad to hear that she and Tamra are talking again. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It was interesting - Tamra on WWHL. I didn't realize that Heather had unfollowed all the gals on Twitter after her demotion and eventual decision to not return in a diminished role. But I can understand it to an extent. Had to suck to be demoted and then watch Lydia, Peggy, Kelly, and Vicki have full time roles. Honestly, if a gal who is involved in all of that cancer nonsense gets to stick around as a full-time gal, I would be hurt and pissed and probably want nothing more to do with any of it. Glad to hear that she and Tamra are talking again. 

The other thing people ignore is how easy it is to be drawn back into the cast's dumb social media sniping. Before they announced the cast for this season there was endless sniping between all of them including Heather, Lizzie, and Gretchen. There was a ton of back and forth between Shannon, Tamra, Lizzie, and Gretchen on Twitter. Once you decide to make that step away from this show whether or not by choice, it's probably best to unplug from these people lest you become as obsessed, grasping, and desperate as Gretchen or Lizzie or Lydia.

• Love 11

I'll never forget this one lunch in Season 10 when Heather made such a show of knowing one of the waiters by name. She literally said his name at every opportunity. "Alfredo, how are you? This is Alfredo, our favorite waiter!" "Alfredo, a round of bread for the ladies!" "Alfredo, Shannon will have a grey goose vodka with a side of limes!" I figured anyone who goes that far out of their way to show how she is so "in" with the wait staff must actually be the most out of touch, most patronizing person possible. I imagined Alfredo secretly hated her.

• Love 10

Honestly, I think the show is better off without her. She was the wrong fit for RHOOC, she may have been a better fit for RHOBH. I always thought she and Brandi Glanville (when she was on the show) should swap places, b/c I thought Brandi was a much better fit for RHOOC. 

I think Heather was not open enough, wasn't candid enough, not tolerant enough of chaos and by the end, it became obvious that her husband was the only reason she was doing the show (she knew he enjoyed it). 

She had too much class for this OC 'Wives and, IMO, was a little too uptight and fake for it, as well. 

The OC 'Wives aren't nearly as classy as the RHOBH crowd, but they are generally willing to be open and candid. They'll bare it all out there, relationships, kids, gossip...they are the most toxic group of all the 'Wives, IMO, but also one of the realest. They are the white version of RHOA. 

And Heather, with all her pretenses and abstractions and facades, was just not a good fit, IMO. 

Edited by SheTalksShit

I actually like it lol. If I had the money I would probably own a house that looked similar.

While Bravo wouldn't be able to film outside of the home, wouldn't they be able to film inside the Dubrows house if they had chosen to do so? Is that something that can really be banned? But I guess Shannon sold her home just in time. I also wonder if that was part of the reason why Heather chose to leave the show. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

While Bravo wouldn't be able to film outside of the home, wouldn't they be able to film inside the Dubrows house if they had chosen to do so? Is that something that can really be banned? But I guess Shannon sold her home just in time. I also wonder if that was part of the reason why Heather chose to leave the show. 

Wondering that myself. I can understand the “hood” not being supportive of the filming... lol. With regards to filming, i have no experience, but i’m quite sure they would have many vehicles for filming...noise... and just a general disrespect of the neighbors. I know I would hate that circus next door if I had a multimillion $$$ and wasn’t counting on TV scripted drama to make it happen.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, AntAnn said:

Wondering that myself. I can understand the “hood” not being supportive of the filming... lol. With regards to filming, i have no experience, but i’m quite sure they would have many vehicles for filming...noise... and just a general disrespect of the neighbors. I know I would hate that circus next door if I had a multimillion $$$ and wasn’t counting on TV scripted drama to make it happen.

I suspect that the reason the HOA said "no" to filming was street parking congestion, something Heather/Terry don't have to worry about as they have a parking garage under their house. Also, their yard is walled in, so again, filming wouldn't impact any neighbors. Shannon's house didn't have much parking space and it was above ground, so their would have been spillage onto the street. That said, I wonder how anyone living in that housing plan has large parties if they don't have enough off street parking at their home? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that the reason the HOA said "no" to filming was street parking congestion, something Heather/Terry don't have to worry about as they have a parking garage under their house. Also, their yard is walled in, so again, filming wouldn't impact any neighbors. Shannon's house didn't have much parking space and it was above ground, so their would have been spillage onto the street. That said, I wonder how anyone living in that housing plan has large parties if they don't have enough off street parking at their home? 

Shhhhhh, it's all a conspiracy between the builders and the car service companies. No adequate parking, coupled with the right whine, and some delusions of grandeur makes the perfect excuse/rationalization for why they neeeeed to hire a car service.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It is my understanding the neighborhood and the HOA believe it is too intrusive of the entire neighborhood's privacy.   Essentially by permitting filming it becomes a commercial endeavor.   The ban effected by Shannon and Heather's soon to be competed home.   At Shannon's '70s party the president of the HOA was attending and Kelly et al, didn't disappoint they were trashy.  So Shannon at least was trying to woo the HOA president.

During the filming at Maloof and LVP's house the various vans used to haul the crew could not park on the street it is all about aesthetics to the gated crowd.  A lot of the HGTV type shows also run into issues filming in an HOA.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is my understanding the neighborhood and the HOA believe it is too intrusive of the entire neighborhood's privacy.   Essentially by permitting filming it becomes a commercial endeavor.   The ban effected by Shannon and Heather's soon to be competed home.   At Shannon's '70s party the president of the HOA was attending and Kelly et al, didn't disappoint they were trashy.  So Shannon at least was trying to woo the HOA president.

During the filming at Maloof and LVP's house the various vans used to haul the crew could not park on the street it is all about aesthetics to the gated crowd.  A lot of the HGTV type shows also run into issues filming in an HOA.  

IMO, that argument, intrusive for the neighborhood, won't hold water when it comes to Heather's new house. The walls are high enough and they have underground parking to keep the film crews vehicles hidden from sight. Unless the film crew plans to film the neighborhood itself, there would be no loss of privacy when filming the inside of the Dubrow's house/property.  As I pointed out, any large party by any resident of that housing plan would cause more disruption to the community than HW filming at the Dubrow's.  I also have to question the legality of it because when they started building, filming was allowed, so the HOA changed the rules on them unfairly IMO. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

It looks kind of jokey. Like a prank button.  The font looks weird. Just my opinion.

Yes, like "Chanel", but the letters are not well cut, nor well painted !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

Well I want/need to see that mansion!  The cameras & equipment can all come in one van & the crew in another vehicle, then directly to underground parking.  Or deliver all equipment and set up day before an event.  The crew can stay in the guest house lol!  The Dubrows can invite all the neighbors, who can decide if they want to be filmed or not.

There's got to be a way...Heather's smart - if this is something she really wants, she'll find a way to make it happen.  However, I'm not sure if she does want to come back - she'd want a contract on her terms and there are some things she likely will not discuss.  She knows how BRAVO can manipulate footage and wants to protect Terry and the kids.

Heather's logic, calmness, and wealth were sorely missed this season.  And we viewers spent the last years watching her build the mansion.  It's just not fair that BRAVO takes it all away after all the teasing!  Boo hoo for me at least.

Edited by SoCal4Us
grammar
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SoCal4Us said:

Well I want/need to see that mansion!  The cameras & equipment can all come in one van & the crew in another vehicle, then directly to underground parking.  Or deliver all equipment and set up day before an event.  The crew can stay in the guest house lol!  The Dubrows can invite all the neighbors, who can decide if they want to be filmed or not.

There's got to be a way...Heather's smart - if this is something she really wants, she'll find a way to make it happen.  However, I'm not sure if she does want to come back - she'd want a contract on her terms and there are some things she likely will not discuss.  She knows how BRAVO can manipulate footage and wants to protect Terry and the kids.

Heather's logic, calmness, and wealth were sorely missed this season.  And we viewers spent the last years watching her build the mansion.  It's just not fair that BRAVO takes it all away after all the teasing!  Boo hoo for me at least.

There are plenty of photos of the "mansion". Just google Heather Dubrow new house pics.

Easy Peasy.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SoCal4Us said:

^^^

Yes, but I want to see it with colorful flowers and decorated for a fabulous party on TV!

Me too.  It’s just not the same without Heather live in action to shove my nose into her wealth.  

• Love 6
On 12/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I actually like it lol. If I had the money I would probably own a house that looked similar.

I don't think Heather chose to leave the show.

• Love 1