Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

She hash tagged that they still left a big tip, like, 20% Heather, stop patting yourself on the back, even if the service was shitty.

I imagine she also had words with the waiter about how the wine wasn't served at the correct temperature.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Meh, 20 ish percent AND leaving a note isn't shitty, imo. I'll allow it

Leaving a vague note is literally the shittiest thing to do ever, it makes people feel shitty with no idea what the guest felt was wrong with the food or the service. If you have issues you ask to speak the manager and articulate them so they can either solve your problem, give you some sort of comp, or at least try to improve their service and or food,

Not to mention she then posted it on her SM with the name of the restaurant visible.

Also, 20% is a standard tip, so the #stillleftabigtip is also inaccurate and the two "good lucks" are asstastic. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Leaving a vague note is literally the shittiest thing to do ever, it makes people feel shitty with no idea what the guest felt was wrong with the food or the service. If you have issues you ask to speak the manager and articulate them so they can either solve your problem, give you some sort of comp, or at least try to improve their service and or food,

Not to mention she then posted it on her SM with the name of the restaurant visible.

Also, 20% is a standard tip, so the #stillleftabigtip is also inaccurate and the two "good lucks" are asstastic. 

In my world, no tip is standard when the service is bad, so 20% is a big tip. Also, we have no idea if Heather or Terry talk to management or not, I honestly don't see either of them keeping quiet, so I am sure they let the manager know.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The thing she did wrong, IMO is, posting with the name of the restaurant on the bill. She has acknowledged that and taken it down because she didn't intend to harm their business.

At least they did tip 20%. I agree that this is standard to many people, and I rarely ever tip less (I tip more if I had a really good experience), and if I do tip less I let the manager know why. It is never because of anything that goes on with the restaurant. I don't tip my server less because I don't like the food, since it's not the servers fault. The tip only decreases if I feel like the server was comlpletely negligent. The astonishing part as I listen to my poor son who is a server at a major national chain is the sheer number of people who tip very little or not at all. His biggest complaint is anyone over 60'ish. He swears that he rarely gets much of anything from folks in that age group. He has a large group of regulars who ask to sit in his section, ask about school, his family, etc., and then leave him $4 on a $100 check, and act like it's a big gift. One of his regulars brought him a Christmas gift last night. He was really grateful, but told me in private that he would prefer if they just tipped him when they came in the restaurant every week and sat in his section for 2 hours. I think the % that folks tip tends to be largely generational. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

In my world, no tip is standard when the service is bad, so 20% is a big tip. Also, we have no idea if Heather or Terry talk to management or not, I honestly don't see either of them keeping quiet, so I am sure they let the manager know.

She said they ran out of the restaurant, if they talked to the manager they would not have had to leave the note.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She said they ran out of the restaurant, if they talked to the manager they would not have had to leave the note.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They could have talked to the manager while they were eating or if they had to leave they may have called once they got home. Again, there is no way to know if they did or they didn't and I just don't see Heather or Terry holding back on telling a manager that something was wrong or that someone did not do their job. LOL

On 11/20/2016 at 8:19 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

To me, that's different. Her closet tour and video isn't candid. It's a huge ego stroking, "I'm giving you lucky pleebs a peek into my faaaaaaaabulous life because my life is SO amazing and I know you could never attain this level of fabulousness, so here's a crumb." 

It's different than seeing what interesting finds a friend has in their closet. It's bragging because you think you're better than someone vs. seeing interesting pieces a friend came across.

To add insult to injury, Heather debuted this "series" the day after the election results. Talk about tone deafness and lack of self-awareness. We're in the middle of a country divided, many people frightened for their safety and protection of their rights - and here comes Heather with a tour of her closet! I really think she is going legitimately insane.

• Love 7

About tipping, servers are sometimes paid less than minimum wage because they assume they will make up the difference in the tip. When you don't tip, you screw the waiters and the people in the kitchen and the busboys/host/hostess because tips are sometimes split.  I think writing a note is chicken shit.  If you have a problem, call the person over and talk to them face to face. 

• Love 7

"I'm giving you lucky pleebs a peek into my faaaaaaaabulous life because my life is SO amazing and I know you could never attain this level of fabulousness, so here's a crumb." 

Well, we could all put in the hard work she did by marrying a plastic surgeon too.

• Love 1

Is the note assy? Sure a little. But most people who leave notes don't tip the minimum. Literally any time restaurant receipts go viral for notes its because the note was the excuse to leave a shitty(read: nonexistent) tip.  A 20% tip with a note that says the waiter is great but the service is awful?  Can't make myself care.  

• Love 4
On 12/20/2016 at 11:31 AM, jinjer said:

About tipping, servers are sometimes paid less than minimum wage because they assume they will make up the difference in the tip. When you don't tip, you screw the waiters and the people in the kitchen and the busboys/host/hostess because tips are sometimes split.  I think writing a note is chicken shit.  If you have a problem, call the person over and talk to them face to face. 

I've left no tip twice in my life. Both times my party tried to talk to the server about the abysmal service. One time, the server walked away while we were explaining our issue. We did talk to the manager.

In the second instance, the server rolled his eyes the entire time that we were explaining our issues. We didn't have the time to find the manager because we were going to a show. That time we left a note, which was very specific and included how we never got our drinks, were missing silverware, parts of the meal was served inexplicably out of order (like appetizers coming after the entrees and at the same time as dessert), and just general rudeness (we asked our server for menu recommendations on what wouldn't take too long in the 90 minutes we had for dinner. The server responds "everything is good, but you probably aren't used to food like this" and walks away. We contemplated leaving, but we knew that leaving to find another restaurant would cut into our 90 minutes.). That person deserved no tip and neither of the servers was inclined to listen to anything I had to say.

I'm aware that tipped employees can be paid less than minimum wage because the tip is supposed to make up the difference. However, the employer is supposed to keep track of the tips. If the base salary and tips doesn't meet the minimum wage, the employer is supposed pay the balance. Most servers don't know this or if they do, they never ask their boss about it.

https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm

I have no issue with notes, provided that it's not filled with bigoted remarks, that are critical and most importantly specific. My biggest issue with Terry's note is that it's vague and that it's signed. Does Jane Smith's note not mean as much because she's not famous like Terry Dubrow M.D.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I've left no tip twice in my life. Both times my party tried to talk to the server about the abysmal service. One time, the server walked away while we were explaining our issue. We did talk to the manager.

In the second instance, the server rolled his eyes the entire time that we were explaining our issues. We didn't have the time to find the manager because we were going to a show. That time we left a note, which was very specific and included how we never got our drinks, were missing silverware, parts of the meal was served inexplicably out of order (like appetizers coming after the entrees and at the same time as dessert), and just general rudeness (we asked our server for menu recommendations on what wouldn't take too long in the 90 minutes we had for dinner. The server responds "everything is good, but you probably aren't used to food like this" and walks away. We contemplated leaving, but we knew that leaving to find another restaurant would cut into our 90 minutes.). That person deserved no tip and neither of the servers was inclined to listen to anything I had to say.

I'm aware that tipped employees can be paid less than minimum wage because the tip is supposed to make up the difference. However, the employer is supposed to keep track of the tips. If the base salary and tips doesn't meet the minimum wage, the employer is supposed pay the balance. Most servers don't know this or if they do, they never ask their boss about it.

https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm

I have no issue with notes, provided that it's not filled with bigoted remarks, that are critical and most importantly specific. My biggest issue with Terry's note is that it's vague and that it's signed. Does Jane Smith's note not mean as much because she's not famous like Terry Dubrow M.D.

I agree with everything except him signing Terry Dubrow MD. I think it is something he and most Dr.'s do without thinking when they sign anything.

• Love 1

a good server who hustles and is a people person easily makes 2-3 times minimum wage, more in a finer restaurant.  Tired of people whining what people "should" tip.  If you can pick up 20 percent on average, you make more than the average office worker.  I made more money cocktailing in the 90s than I do now.

• Love 4

In California employers must pay the wait staff minimum wage and can't use tip credit. 

I never knew customers with complaints were required to follow protocol when they are dissatisfied.  If the manager was interested in a follow up conversation, Terry provided his name and a clue that he was a physician.  So looking him up in the phone book would not be difficult.

If the food sucks it should be reflected in the tip, the tip percentage is based on the cost of the food being served.  The management probably didn't care to follow up as they got their money, a generous tip and the complaint was about both food and service. 

I have a dear friend, who is not cheap, and when we go out to eat, especially if it is group, he has the liquor tab run separate.  His theory is that if he orders a $100.00 bottle of wine, it takes the same amount of labor as it does to open a $25.00 bottle of wine.  So he pays the corkage fee on the bottles ordered and 20% before tax on the food.  So if the food is $200.00 he pays $40.00 bucks and if the wine is $150.00 he pays $20.00.  I don't begrudge tipping but I do think when the food cost is really, really high the percentage is fine at 15%.  I have another friend who just doubles the tax, tax rate is around 9%. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

In California employers must pay the wait staff minimum wage and can't use tip credit. 

I never knew customers with complaints were required to follow protocol when they are dissatisfied.  If the manager was interested in a follow up conversation, Terry provided his name and a clue that he was a physician.  So looking him up in the phone book would not be difficult.

If the food sucks it should be reflected in the tip, the tip percentage is based on the cost of the food being served.  The management probably didn't care to follow up as they got their money, a generous tip and the complaint was about both food and service. 

I have a dear friend, who is not cheap, and when we go out to eat, especially if it is group, he has the liquor tab run separate.  His theory is that if he orders a $100.00 bottle of wine, it takes the same amount of labor as it does to open a $25.00 bottle of wine.  So he pays the corkage fee on the bottles ordered and 20% before tax on the food.  So if the food is $200.00 he pays $40.00 bucks and if the wine is $150.00 he pays $20.00.  I don't begrudge tipping but I do think when the food cost is really, really high the percentage is fine at 15%.  I have another friend who just doubles the tax, tax rate is around 9%. 

If the food sucks, I count on the restaurant to make it right. Fix it or take it off my bill. If they do, I still tip on that amount, since it wasn't the servers fault. If I have a $100 tab and the restaurant makes an adjustment because I am not to pay for that dinner (I would rarely do this, but on occasion have noted the foot is inedible and have never had a server or manager not offer to remove it from my bill), I still add the cost of that dinner into the total for tipping purposes. I do the same if I have a coupon. There is a restaurant in Chicago that I frequent when I am in town, and they send me coupons for a free bottle of house wine on Tuesday nights. If I take them up on this, I still include the cost of that free $40 bottle of wine in the total to configure my tip, since I see no reason why the server would receive less just because I am getting my wine for free. 

The wine thing is interesting, and I've never heard that before. Folks are paying and tipping for the cost of the food item/beverage, regardless of the time that it takes to prepare the dish. We went out last night and my cute hubby got his usual, which is a Cowboy Ribeye. It takes nothing to prepare. Salt and pepper, and some time in a screaming hot oven. Nothing in the world easier to cook. I got a complicated chicken dish with a complex sauce, which cost less than half of what his steak did, yet took much more time and care to prepare. I wouldn't expect for the server to receive less of a tip because the steak was more expensive yet easier to prepare. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Bottom line, Heather/Terry left an appropriate tip for their meal even though they were dissatisfied with it. This shows me that they didn't blame the wait staff for whatever the problem was. As for talking to management about the problem they may have tried while at the restaurant or they had somewhere else to be and had to leave before they could address it with the manager, we just don't know.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

If the food sucks, I count on the restaurant to make it right. Fix it or take it off my bill. If they do, I still tip on that amount, since it wasn't the servers fault. If I have a $100 tab and the restaurant makes an adjustment because I am not to pay for that dinner (I would rarely do this, but on occasion have noted the foot is inedible and have never had a server or manager not offer to remove it from my bill), I still add the cost of that dinner into the total for tipping purposes. I do the same if I have a coupon. There is a restaurant in Chicago that I frequent when I am in town, and they send me coupons for a free bottle of house wine on Tuesday nights. If I take them up on this, I still include the cost of that free $40 bottle of wine in the total to configure my tip, since I see no reason why the server would receive less just because I am getting my wine for free. 

The wine thing is interesting, and I've never heard that before. Folks are paying and tipping for the cost of the food item/beverage, regardless of the time that it takes to prepare the dish. We went out last night and my cute hubby got his usual, which is a Cowboy Ribeye. It takes nothing to prepare. Salt and pepper, and some time in a screaming hot oven. Nothing in the world easier to cook. I got a complicated chicken dish with a complex sauce, which cost less than half of what his steak did, yet took much more time and care to prepare. I wouldn't expect for the server to receive less of a tip because the steak was more expensive yet easier to prepare. 

My theory when I go out to dinner-is it is about the food.  I am not caught up in the service, the server's rights.  TIPS have always been optional.  I think standard is still 15%, and for really good service it is 20%.  The servers are doing their job.  I read the YELP reviews about the restaurant, many complaints about service and the food.  I don't whip out a calculator, but I do round up.  In San Francisco there is added fee to pay for waiters health care.  I like that idea.  I think many LA restaurants adopted a similar plan.  

Tips are designed for servers-most chefs and cooks never see a tip.

• Love 3
On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎24 at 1:56 PM, biakbiak said:

For me the bottom line is that Heather thought the note was hilarious and chose to post it on Social Media with the name of the restaurant and crappy hash tags and bragged that a standard tip was a big tip.

I guess she found out real quick that she was the only one that thought it was funny. She removed the Instagram post when she saw the responses were not all of the LOLs that she expected.

Terry thought he was real funny when he called David a "penis". No one laughed at that either.

They must be a real hoot to hang out with.

• Love 5

Good for Heather, except that leaves Tamra, Vicki and Shannon.  Bravo may have shot themselves in the foot not dumping Vicki.  I hope she and Terry continue to make a lot of money to support their lifestyle. 

• Love 5

Good riddance! She was great in the first couple seasons, but I haven't liked her at all recently. Smug, obnoxious, and acted like she was so much better than everyone else because she was a "famous" actress (aka appeared on a couple dumpy shows in the 90s). And of course in her announcement she specifically mentions that the door is still open, like bragging that they didn't fire her. BYE HEATHER. Nobody cares. 

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 5

I hate myself (sort of) for posting this but I'm thinking the affair blind item is Terry.

What is this blind item you are referring to?

I bet not being able to film in the Ramada Inn factored into the decision .... if you build a 20,000 sq mansion in Crystal Cove but cannot film in it and show it off then is it worth the price of interfacing with Vicki and Kelly Dodd to stay on the show?

1 minute ago, TheFinalRose said:

What is this blind item you are referring to?

I bet not being able to film in the Ramada Inn factored into the decision .... if you build a 20,000 sq mansion in Crystal Cove but cannot film in it and show it off then is it worth the price of interfacing with Vicki and Kelly Dodd to stay on the show?

A paid-off mistress. Someone could have made this from whole cloth and it could even refer to a different RH couple - except the mentions of scars & champs totally lead me to think Dubrows.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

A paid-off mistress. Someone could have made this from whole cloth and it could even refer to a different RH couple - except the mentions of scars & champs totally lead me to think Dubrows.

Scars, champs ~ and their marriage looking like "perfection!"

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2016 at 3:56 PM, AndySmith said:

She hash tagged that they still left a big tip, like, 20% Heather, stop patting yourself on the back, even if the service was shitty.

I imagine she also had words with the waiter about how the wine wasn't served at the correct temperature.

I am just now seeing this tipping stuff from last month.  She thinks 20% is a big tip??

I am seeing that others here are saying that 15% is average and 20% is big.  I think if people cannot afford to tip at least 20% you should stay home.  15% was a good tip in 1980.

On 12/21/2016 at 11:24 PM, HunterHunted said:

and just general rudeness (we asked our server for menu recommendations on what wouldn't take too long in the 90 minutes we had for dinner. The server responds "everything is good, but you probably aren't used to food like this" and walks away. We contemplated leaving, but we knew that leaving to find another restaurant would cut into our 90 minutes.). That person deserved no tip and neither of the servers was inclined to listen to anything I had to say.

Holy crap!  Ok, I am dying to know, what restaurant was this??  

5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Dang, I wanted to see her house! That said, I don't blame her if she chose to leave the show. The last 2 seasons have been ugly, a cancer scam and a psycho nut job! LOL

Uugh I am actually really glad we don't have to be subjected to it.  I am surprised that she didn't wait another season so she could show it off. 

4 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

And of course in her announcement she specifically mentions that the door is still open, like bragging that they didn't fire her. BYE HEATHER. Nobody cares. 

I noticed that, and of course she put that in.  She thinks she's so clever, but she is really transparent.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Dang, I wanted to see her house! That said, I don't blame her if she chose to leave the show. The last 2 seasons have been ugly, a cancer scam and a psycho nut job! LOL

I don't think this set of pictures has been posted yet. Some of them are older shots. It's very...Restoration Hardware chic? The eggs in the fireplace freak me out (I'm not sure why) but I like the framed black camellias in the bathroom. Also, I want an olive tree and am completely jealous of Coco's personalized Lego table. 

2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Noooo. I am guessing that Kelly is coming back and she refused to film with her. If that is the case, good for her!

I don't remember if it was a gossip site or just the posters making statements about Kelly & her rant on the bus - saying she said something about Terry (implying Kelly knew about this possibly fictitious affair) and Heather went nuts? IDK, it's so easy to put meaning to things after the fact.   

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

My guess is Heather would much rather be on RHOBH.  I thought something was up when she didn't have her usual round up the cast on her Podcast. 

Although I am now apparently standing on the Terry Had an Affair-hill that I was originally loath to mention, I would TOTALLY buy Heather wanting a place on BH. Getting kicked out of bars and run over on sand dunes must drive her nuts when RHBH is hanging in Dubai. This needs to happen so we can witness an LVP-Dubrow face-off instead of the faux-sobriety sewing circles.  

• Love 4

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/01/27/heather-dubrow-was-offered-a-friend-role-and-turned-it-down/

This site often reports and retracts but I find this much more credible a scenario than some epiphany about her children or suddenly discovered sense of integrity concerning the ilk of cast mates with whom she associates. An entire trough of water wasn't enough to quench the Dubrows' collective thirst even after their demented performance on the season 9 finale. They couldn't film their Crystal Cove grotesquerie. The marital strife, absentee dad, and working mom struggling to balance life and career tropes had all been exhausted. What more did they have to contribute? 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2

Kelly keeping in classy talking about Heathers exit:  http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/01/27/kelly-dodd-lashes-out-at-heather-dubrow-upon-news-shes-not-returning/

1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/01/27/heather-dubrow-was-offered-a-friend-role-and-turned-it-down/

This site often reports and retracts but I find this much more credible a scenario than some epiphany about her children or suddenly discovered sense of integrity concerning the ilk of cast mates with whom she associates. An entire trough of water wasn't enough to quench the Dubrows' collective thirst even after their demented performance on the season 9 finale. They couldn't film their Crystal Cove grotesquerie. The marital strife, absentee dad, and working mom struggling to balance life and career tropes had all been exhausted. What more did they have to contribute? 

The reality to me-only room enough for one reality star in the house.  Botched doesn't even scratch the reality surface. 

• Love 1

Well, regardless of how a person feels about Heather, at least she brought the affluence porn. Vicki and Tamra just don't cut it in that department. At least we still have Shannon for that, to a certain degree.

• Love 13

Shannon's wealth is less fun now that she has downsized. 

I wonder if Heather and Terry are going to do a reality show of their own. 

Also, Kelly continues to be the grossest. Heather said very nice things about her on her podcast this week when she discussed her decision to leave, much nicer than Kelly deserves. 

Edited by deltaburkefan
  • Love 5