Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Lol! The one on Falls Rd? Does segments for local news? 

I can picture him as the type that would do that (based on those news segments). Complete with crocs. 

eta: wasn't there a service dog that gave birth in an airport recently? Maybe he's always at the ready in case there's a veterinary emergency.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Lol! The one on Falls Rd? Does segments for local news? 

That is the one!

No animal emergency anywhere in site!

Wait, we are all in the Bmore area and we are not meeting for a drink to talk about this nonsense in person???

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is the one!

No animal emergency anywhere in site!

Wait, we are all in the Bmore area and we are not meeting for a drink to talk about this nonsense in person???

I’m game! I am recovering from a back injury right now, but I could meet in a few weeks! FUN! 

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I’m game! I am recovering from a back injury right now, but I could meet in a few weeks! FUN! 

Me too!!

Hope your back heals quickly.

Edited by SweetieDarling
eta: Mr Darling owes me a few Happy Hours
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

For those who have been waiting for this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6216205/Heather-Terry-Dubrows-fancy-kitchen-champagne-fridge.html

I can't understand someone filling a fridge with only one Champagne brand. Would be like stocking my wine rack with only one brand of wine. How boring.

I guess that I wouldn’t be a happy guest because I don’t care for that brand of champagne. I’d rather a Tattingers or Bollingers. Well you could talk me into some Dom Pérignon Lol. 

• Love 4

Good lord the fact that she uses the large big fridge in the actual kitchen to just hold 10 glass bottles of juice and baby champagne and crams the actual food in a smaller hidden fridge says so much about her and none of it good. 

Not for nothing Veuve Clicquot is the champagne we would buy in college when we wanted to feel fancier because it was still comparatively affordable so I don’t think that fridge is as impressive as she thinks it does. It also reminds me of the wine fridge they have on one of the Below Deck boats.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I guess that I wouldn’t be a happy guest because I don’t care for that brand of champagne. I’d rather a Tattingers or Bollingers. Well you could talk me into some Dom Pérignon Lol. 

Vueve is actually my favorite, but I agree it’s silly to have all of the same.  I like to try different kinds and see what they’re like.  Hopefully it was just for the shoot (and she got the bottles for free for promo purposes) because it does look pretty with all the same bottles.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For me, the kitchen is the soul and gathering place in the home, and thus a place of warmth.  Her cavernous kitchen is cold imo.  Looks like something from Sons of Anarchy.

From an artistic point of view, I like her house.  But from a living in the house point of view, I think it’s an HP Lovecraft meets Bauhaus meets mid Soviet nightmare.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Best is the $3000.00 coffee machine that she tries to show, pretends to start pressing buttons and then realizes that she doesn't know how to use it because she doesn't like coffee. Good Grief.

ITA. I guess she thinks of herself as cute and amusing but I find her so bloody affected all the time. I wonder if Terry ever says "enough" or has been emasculated to the point of nothing more than 24/7 of "Yes, dear."  

• Love 12

I know Heather is low key hated, but I LURVE her and her kitchen. I live for white marble and a cool white-dominated kitchen. I describe my own kitchen as whiter than the KKK. I really loved that fridge with everything decanted in etched glass *swoon*, my dream. I love a beautiful interior. It helps I don't have kids around to buy for anymore. My dream is a glass door fridge ala Yolanda *FOSTER*(whom I high key hate). I'm getting one, IDC.

Lurved the glass-ed pantry, I try to decant as much as I can into glass jars too! And that dumbwaiter! Uh, SMARTwaiter! So is the trough in the island for ice and keeping necessary dishes cold. You better host, bish!!  

The only thing I disliked about the whole tour was her invoking the K-KLan and their stupid cookie jars. Where's my invite, Heather? Was mine the one that was lost?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

So is the trough in the island for ice and keeping necessary dishes cold. You better host, bish!! 

OK, I reluctantly admit that I looked at the pics of her kitchen several times. I’m looking to remodeling my kitchen soon and she does have some really cool features. I love love love the trough in the island. What a fun, perfect feature for entertaining. I also love Veuve. ❤️

I also loved Yo’s glass door frig @SnarkKitty but I’m too free spirited (unorganized) to ever pull that off. 

Edited by AntAnn
More thoughts
  • Love 9

@AntAnn I love making my fridge look appetizing with the door shut; if I could see it without opening the door I'd keep it even nicer. Lucky you, I live for a good kitchen renovation. (And I too love Veuve! I wish I could spare the room for a full wall of "champs." But I do keep a bottle of Prosecco in the fridge at all times chilling. I'm about that "champs" on a budget life!)

• Love 7
On 9/29/2018 at 9:27 PM, SnarkKitty said:

I know Heather is low key hated, but I LURVE her and her kitchen. I live for white marble and a cool white-dominated kitchen. I describe my own kitchen as whiter than the KKK. I really loved that fridge with everything decanted in etched glass *swoon*, my dream. I love a beautiful interior. It helps I don't have kids around to buy for anymore. My dream is a glass door fridge ala Yolanda *FOSTER*(whom I high key hate). I'm getting one, IDC.

Lurved the glass-ed pantry, I try to decant as much as I can into glass jars too! And that dumbwaiter! Uh, SMARTwaiter! So is the trough in the island for ice and keeping necessary dishes cold. You better host, bish!!  

The only thing I disliked about the whole tour was her invoking the K-KLan and their stupid cookie jars. Where's my invite, Heather? Was mine the one that was lost?

I want to go.  I want to pick through her cast offs and offer to tAke them to goodwill.  And I want that special ice, hp Lovecraft house or not. 

• Love 7
On 9/29/2018 at 10:03 AM, Mu Shu said:

From an artistic point of view, I like her house.  But from a living in the house point of view, I think it’s an HP Lovecraft meets Bauhaus meets mid Soviet nightmare.  

Perfect description.

• Love 5

I think Heather's fridge looks sterile, and not in a good modern way. It's as if one wouldn't dare pour themselves a glass of whatever was in the decanters lest the hostess blow a gasket over the uneveness of liquid levels. All I see is the first part of Sleeping with the Enemy.

At least Yolanda's fake fridge looked inviting.

To me Heather's second fridge was much more interesting.

Yes I'm one of those who pauses the TV just to take inventory of what is in the refrigerators, pantrys and cabinets of housewives and others.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 24
12 hours ago, Giselle said:

I think Heather's fridge looks sterile, and not in a good modern way. It's as if one wouldn't dare pour themselves a glass of whatever was in the decanters lest the hostess blow a gasket over the uneveness of liquid levels. All I see is the first part of Sleeping with the Enemy.

Yes I'm one of those who pauses the TV just to take inventory of what is in the refrigerators, pantrys and cabinets of housewives and others.

I am as well!  I find it SOOOO fascinating!

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Giselle said:

I will routinely pause, inventory, and google bookshelf selections. ?

but I’ll admit stopping the video to marvel at the bottled salad dressings! ??

Honestly, that surprised me

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

For anyone who needs a new Heather house fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz0L0J5ZH0U

The kids are growing up.

I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that a cosmetic surgeon banks enough cheddar to build that museum.  I'm not mad or jealous or anything like that, I'm intimidated by the thought of all that marble.  I just can't comprehend the massive amount of money required for debt service, maintenance and upkeep, staff... I would imagine that the monthly property taxes exceed my family's income in our best year.

Makes my heart beat quicker.  I'm hopelessly midwestern I guess.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9
On 6/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, chenoa333 said:

Thanks. Yes I did find Dubrows website for Beaute Consult products. I'm not interested. And especially not interested in putting more money in the Dubrows bank account! 

Ha.  I was flipping around the t.v. And saw two women jumping on a mattress.  It was the Evine shopping channel I never knew about.  Anyhow, I bought the mattress, Queen size, for half price that day, $550. to be exact, and it’s the best I have EVER bought, and we’ve bought many in our lives.  Just sharing.  I never knew the Dubrows were on.  They don’t have enough money?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that a cosmetic surgeon banks enough cheddar to build that museum. 

Well they also had Heather's RHOC income and still have Terry's Botched income too.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that a cosmetic surgeon banks enough cheddar to build that museum.  I'm not mad or jealous or anything like that, I'm intimidated by the thought of all that marble.  I just can't comprehend the massive amount of money required for debt service, maintenance and upkeep, staff... I would imagine that the monthly property taxes exceed my family's income in our best year.

My house is probably the size of one of her bathrooms or closets.  Of what purpose is a house that big, honestly?  You need a motorized scooter to get around.  What a waste of money.

• Love 14
On 10/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, Giselle said:

I do too! It always amazes me that there are very few personal items in the rooms. I know I live in clutter but no magazines, mail, kids stuff, or anything that doesn't perfectly match the decor. Doesn't anyone have a piece of family furniture or art, sofas or anything that isn't sterile? Especially the kitchens, hardly anything on the counters. I just don't believe it, better yet, don't want to live that way. 

Wow, sorry for the rant. Guess I have been holding that one in for a while. 

Thanks for listening. ?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Well they also had Heather's RHOC income and still have Terry's Botched income too.  

They also may have residuals and income from the estate of Terry's late brother Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot fame. Mailbox money!

They've displayed his gold and platinum album awards on the walls of their houses on the show.

• Love 8
On 10/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, Giselle said:

Me too!  I stop, backup, look, rewind..pause!  Love my remote!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Reality police said:

I do too! It always amazes me that there are very few personal items in the rooms. I know I live in clutter but no magazines, mail, kids stuff, or anything that doesn't perfectly match the decor. Doesn't anyone have a piece of family furniture or art, sofas or anything that isn't sterile? Especially the kitchens, hardly anything on the counters. I just don't believe it, better yet, don't want to live that way. 

Thanks for listening. ?

Growing up, one of my friends lived in a lovely home where the front room was off limits, the fabric furniture was covered in plastic, and the tables had drapes on them -- all taken off only for holidays and company. I feel like Heather's new squat is the 21st century version of the plastic-covered sofa: the carefully curated refrigerator is for show and *squee! look at that* but the family uses the crowded one with the bottled salad dressing and rarely open the fancy one's doors. And they live in a few rooms and have their respective bedrooms but certain downstairs areas are kept pristine and camera ready. 

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, SCS said:

Growing up, one of my friends lived in a lovely home where the front room was off limits, the fabric furniture was covered in plastic, and the tables had drapes on them -- all taken off only for holidays and company. I feel like Heather's new squat is the 21st century version of the plastic-covered sofa: the carefully curated refrigerator is for show and *squee! look at that* but the family uses the crowded one with the bottled salad dressing and rarely open the fancy one's doors. And they live in a few rooms and have their respective bedrooms but certain downstairs areas are kept pristine and camera ready. 

I knew a family that actually had the formal living room roped off with red velvet movie theater type rope.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Saltgypsie said:

Me too!  I stop, backup, look, rewind..pause!  Love my remote!

I don't snoop when at actual homes, but dang, thank God for the internet. 

One of my favorite searches is What's in your... insert appropriate word.

I even have books on stuff like that.

There was supposed to be a show about the housewives homes, saw a blurb about it in Shannon's Instagram, but I haven't seen anything more.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Reality police said:

Thanks for listening. ?

Well, right now, my kitchen table is full of mail, bills, doctors appointment reminders,  MRI discs, etc.  My counters aren’t with nothing on them as I never have enough closet space or a big pantry.  Let’s not forget, Heather probably has a cook, as she can’t fry an egg, maids, cleaning women and whatever.  So, what the hell does she have to do in the house, except give orders.  And, I’ll bet she doesn’t even do laundry .. it’s probably sent out, and I’m sure she doesnt even know what an iron is.  Yeah, I would love Terry too.  P.s.  Since the kids are gone now, we mostly love to eat on trays while watching t.v. In the comfort of our den.  That’s how we roll.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that a cosmetic surgeon banks enough cheddar to build that museum.  I'm not mad or jealous or anything like that, I'm intimidated by the thought of all that marble.

The malpractice insurance is high, but they largely get to avoid insurance reimbursement for payment. Except for reconstructive surgery and when a patient can tie the need for a cosmetic surgery to an underlying medical issue (rhinoplasty for a sinus and breathing issue or breast reduction for a back issue), most people are paying cash or financing their surgeries. Plastic surgery practices don't need to have big billing departments filled with medical coders and utilization nurses. They aren't dicking around with insurance companies about what the company is going to pay. A patient walks into the office saying I want bigger boobs. The doctor asks how big, figures the cost for the implants, how much for the facility fee (which is probably his own ambulatory surgery center), the salaries of his staff, adds his overhead and adds his profit percentage. He turns back to the patient and says $6000. No negotiating with anyone.

Neurology, cardiology, and orthopaedic surgeries might cost more, but they have to deal with hospital and insurance stuff.

Plastics is a cash business.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, right now, my kitchen table is full of mail, bills, doctors appointment reminders,  MRI discs, etc.  My counters aren’t with nothing on them as I never have enough closet space or a big pantry.  Let’s not forget, Heather probably has a cook, as she can’t fry an egg, maids, cleaning women and whatever.  So, what the hell does she have to do in the house, except give orders.  And, I’ll bet she doesn’t even do laundry .. it’s probably sent out, and I’m sure she doesnt even know what an iron is.  Yeah, I would love Terry too.  P.s.  Since the kids are gone now, we mostly love to eat on trays while watching t.v. In the comfort of our den.  That’s how we roll.

My long lost sister, I have found you! My DR table is covered in medical supplies that need to be sorted, just cleaned off a kitchen counter so I could make bread, and threw a science experiment out of my fridge. There is a card table in my LR that once had a jigsaw puzzle on it that is now covered with mail, mags, salt and pepper, and a computer. That's how I roll.

?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Reality police said:

My long lost sister, I have found you! My DR table is covered in medical supplies that need to be sorted, just cleaned off a kitchen counter so I could make bread, and threw a science experiment out of my fridge. There is a card table in my LR that once had a jigsaw puzzle on it that is now covered with mail, mags, salt and pepper, and a computer. That's how I roll.

?

Love it !  My fridge is on my bucket list.  On one chair hangs two pocketbooks, one tote bag and a sweater, haha.  I need company coming to get going, but lately I don’t even want company .. too much trouble.  Let’s blame the Post Office.  Husband doesn’t give a shit as long as he eats and watches his sports.  I’ve had it.  Like Lauren Bacall said in “The Mirror Has Two Faces”,  “I’ve made my coffee”, now I do nothing.  Hahahahaha.  No, we have to blame this thread, actually.  On it every time I sit down.

• Love 7

Heather's sterile "home" makes my teeth itch.  Sleeping With The Enemy vibes, indeed.

The last time I paid someone to clean my house was in 2012, when my Mum visited.  Now that she's dead, I can only imagine her ghost tsk tsking at the science experiment that is a cobweb - I'm waiting to see how long it can grow.  And dust bunnies?  Forget about it - I have dust elephants. (the same people who cleaned my house back in 2012 also broke my brand new Dyson vac, so I do have an excuse - I mean, besides my disabled arms).   ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, Giselle said:

I miss Fancy Pants. 

Me too!

18 hours ago, Giselle said:

I don't snoop when at actual homes, but dang, thank God for the internet. 

One of my favorite searches is What's in your... insert appropriate word.

I even have books on stuff like that.

There was supposed to be a show about the housewives homes, saw a blurb about it in Shannon's Instagram, but I haven't seen anything more.

Wait, WHAT?????  How have I lived this long and not known this was a thing?  I know what I am doing later.

• Love 3

First of all, these women have money to buy new and redecorate whenever their heart desires.  After three kids thru college, I can buy a new toaster.  Secondly, they all have cleaning women.  That would be my dream for someone else to clean two bathrooms.  Bet they send laundry out too.  Then there’s the outside, which they have Gardner’s.  They also don’t save clothes forever.  They buy new every season and throw away the old (l or 2 yrs) I assume.  Sure they can show their houses, because everything is new and sparkling clean and neat left from the housekeepers.  Heather Dubrow is not stupid.  She saw big bucks when she met the Doctor and snagged him.  Now she has whather heart desires.  Over the top, IMO.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Me too!

Wait, WHAT?????  How have I lived this long and not known this was a thing?  I know what I am doing later.

Handbag, purse, suitcase, backpack, tote bag, chefs roll...so many to peruse. ;-)

The best ones are those where it's a spur of the moment purse dump. You get to see a snippit of their life in objects. 

Sometimes you come across "logo/name loving strivers" trying to out glam each other. 

One of the best searches is Nathalie Leroc's watercolors of what people carry. Once she hits 1000 she's gonna publish a book. I've been waiting a long long time for that book.

Kate Spade also put out a purse dump book a while back. I had to buy it. I also bought one on chef's refrigerator contents.

I'd be curious to see housewive's purse dump. The closest we ever got was when Lisa V. got Kyle's purse wet on a plane and she had to dump.

I don't peek into cabinets, iceboxes or purses just to snoop because it's a terrible invasion of privacy but I will look if they post it online or they expose it in front of me.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Handbag, purse, suitcase, backpack, tote bag, chefs roll...so many to peruse. ;-)

The best ones are those where it's a spur of the moment purse dump. You get to see a snippit of their life in objects. 

Sometimes you come across "logo/name loving strivers" trying to out glam each other. 

One of the best searches is Nathalie Leroc's watercolors of what people carry. Once she hits 1000 she's gonna publish a book. I've been waiting a long long time for that book.

Kate Spade also put out a purse dump book a while back. I had to buy it.

I'd be curious to see housewive's purse dump. The closest we ever got was when Lisa V. got Kyle's purse wet on a plane and she had to dump.

I don't peek into cabinets, iceboxes or purses just to snoop because it's a terrible invasion of privacy but I will look if they post it online or they expose it in front of me.

This is going to be a huge time waster!  NICE!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This is going to be a huge time waster!  NICE!

You're welcome!

Remember to check out refrigerators and pantrys too!!!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2