Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

For what it's worth, even Kelly confirmed that Heather chose to leave the show, that she was not fired.

When did she do that? She said early in the season that all of the women were saying Heather had been demoted and that's what caused Heather to leave.

5 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

When did she do that? She said early in the season that all of the women were saying Heather had been demoted and that's what caused Heather to leave.

She said it in an interview at the beginning of the season. Yes, Heather was demoted and quit because of that. Bottom line, she quit, she wasn't fired. I suspect the producers are regretting demoting her/her quitting after this season and Peggy's lack luster debut. LOL

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

She said it in an interview at the beginning of the season. Yes, Heather was demoted and quit because of that. Bottom line, she quit, she wasn't fired. I suspect the producers are regretting demoting her/her quitting after this season and Peggy's lack luster debut. LOL

I think part of the reason why she turned down the demotion was due to the fact that you don't really make enough money to justify the trouble of filming when you are a FOH.  Also, there was the concern about Kelly (legit) and Vicki (also legit) and the impact that association would have on Terry's career and their general reputation. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think in the Housewives sphere, Heather quitting is a technicality - yes, she technically turned down their offer for FOH (just as Brandi did), but it was like a firing because she would have come back if offered a full-time role. I say this because Tamra made comments during the season regarding her lack of communication with Heather along the lines of, "She's really sensitive, and it's hard for her to not be a part of things," which suggests that the entire situation did in fact sting Heather. I think saying that Heather chose to leave the show makes it sound a lot more voluntary than it actually was, but MMV. Ultimately, it's all a matter of language/semantics/and how each individual views it.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 7

I got the impression that production wasn't exactly all that fond of Heather in terms of personality. On the season eight retrospective special, they basically called her a liar vis-a-vis her insistence that Alexis had been fired following season seven and then proceeded to ridicule her for running up during the CUT opening melee to jockey further for Alexis's replacement by her friends. 

From my perspective, she was fundamentally a coward (allowing Tamra to shriek "you can get the fuck out, too" without repercussion; holding onto Tams like a life raft during season nine after she had very clearly been the original target du jour) who was cringe-worthily bad at strategy (she really could have flipped the script and made herself queen bee if she hadn't so sycophantically lodged herself deeper in Tamra's posterior and performed pretzel-like contortions to vilify Shannon, who would have imploded in her own). 

She was good for a laugh, though, when clutching her pearls at Kelly attacking Tamra's maternal legitimacy ... and then turning around and immediately attacking Kelly's maternal legitimacy herself.

Or excusing her behavior on the bus in Ireland by saying she was drunk. 

Or calling Kelly "trash" repeatedly and then dropping her jaw in shock that Kellly would give it back with both barrels. 

Or detailing the mental anguish that Terry had suffered because of a crude remark from David ... then saying that Terry had only recently learned of that crude remark.

Or sneering that she'd give David a thesaurus when she couldn't even use "misfortunate" or "pugilistic" properly. 

Or improvising some bizarre yarn in which she was the Norma Rae to the employees of the local Nordstrom who had been abused at the hands of that sadist Alexis. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I got the impression that production wasn't exactly all that fond of Heather in terms of personality. On the season eight retrospective special, they basically called her a liar vis-a-vis her insistence that Alexis had been fired following season seven and then proceeded to ridicule her for running up during the CUT opening melee to jockey further for Alexis's replacement by her friends. 

From my perspective, she was fundamentally a coward (allowing Tamra to shriek "you can get the fuck out, too" without repercussion; holding onto Tams like a life raft during season nine after she had very clearly been the original target du jour) who was cringe-worthily bad at strategy (she really could have flipped the script and made herself queen bee if she hadn't so sycophantically lodged herself deeper in Tamra's posterior and performed pretzel-like contortions to vilify Shannon, who would have imploded in her own). 

She was good for a laugh, though, when clutching her pearls at Kelly attacking Tamra's maternal legitimacy ... and then turning around and immediately attacking Kelly's maternal legitimacy herself.

Or excusing her behavior on the bus in Ireland by saying she was drunk. 

Or calling Kelly "trash" repeatedly and then dropping her jaw in shock that Kellly would give it back with both barrels. 

Or detailing the mental anguish that Terry had suffered because of a crude remark from David ... then saying that Terry had only recently learned of that crude remark.

Or sneering that she'd give David a thesaurus when she couldn't even use "misfortunate" or "pugilistic" properly. 

Or improvising some bizarre yarn in which she was the Norma Rae to the employees of the local Nordstrom who had been abused at the hands of that sadist Alexis. 

I think that is what made Heather a perfect RH.

Because the substitutes have been so lackluster, Heather was almost a breath of fresh air.  Her arrogance has never been surpassed.

Selfish of me, but I would rather see Heather pick out hardware for the 76 doors than any vaginal rejuvenation.  Or anything Brooks.

Sadly, Heather's reaction to Kelly and her attacking others on the bus did not bother me.  First time she was real.

• Love 15
On 12/13/2017 at 6:50 PM, lunastartron said:

Someone last year mentioned here that they knew some of the folks that worked on production on this show. He/she said that production actually liked Heather the most. Said that she was the one who remembered their spouses names, birthdays, etc. Was the most polite to them when working. They did not have the same to say for Vicki in particular. 

• Love 7
On 12/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think in the Housewives sphere, Heather quitting is a technicality - yes, she technically turned down their offer for FOH (just as Brandi did), but it was like a firing because she would have come back if offered a full-time role. I say this because Tamra made comments during the season regarding her lack of communication with Heather along the lines of, "She's really sensitive, and it's hard for her to not be a part of things," which suggests that the entire situation did in fact sting Heather. I think saying that Heather chose to leave the show makes it sound a lot more voluntary than it actually was, but MMV. Ultimately, it's all a matter of language/semantics/and how each individual views it.

I think this is right. I think that it was her decision to not come back, but because of the role that she was offered. Too many things have been said by others to believe anything else. Tamra said on WWHL that she had unfollowed all the gals on Twitter right after the season started because she was emotionally fragile and didn't want to communicate with any of them. I cannot see how that would be the case if she were fine with the way that things went down. Vicki also said that she learned Heather wasn't coming back when Heather sent her a text telling her of her decision. Kelly also said she only came back once she learned that Heather had decided she would not come back (which is probably a lie because Kelly would be under contract).  I think she didn't want to just be a 'friend of'. Which is really too bad. I totally get it. Alex on the NY show said she turned down a 'friend of' role because you still have to film a ton, attend the events, etc., but get a tiny amount of pay for your efforts. Heather doesn't need that, but I think she would have been excellent in that role. I would love to see her come back in any capacity. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I want to see Heather's house!

https://www.popsugar.com/home/Heather-Dubrow-New-House-42191774

I wanted to see her house too. The latest I could find was this article from 12/8/17. It was a bit disappointing since the photos are mostly either construction shots, close-ups of decorative details, and family shots. That said - you still get a sense of the look they were going for: grand, monochromatic, and cold. (I actually feel sorry for those kids having to grow up in that house.)

The Dubrows probably thought they had achieved timeless elegance with all the marble, metal, black and grey upholstery, and cavernous spaces. But I've got news for them - it's all going to become dated in 10 years anyway. LOL I think all the money they put into it just magnified the limits of their taste. Plus, if it's resale that they're interested in, those mega mansions aren't moving like they used to. There's already a glut of them.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Someone last year mentioned here that they knew some of the folks that worked on production on this show. He/she said that production actually liked Heather the most. Said that she was the one who remembered their spouses names, birthdays, etc. Was the most polite to them when working. They did not have the same to say for Vicki in particular. 

I find this idea that production didn't like Heather curious when the worst they've said about Heather is her tendency to hide behind the crew when she is uncomfortable and didn't want something on camera, but they've actually talked about Vicki physically assaulting a producer.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I love Dubrow but that house is not my taste. I think there could be some simple design changes that would warm it up significantly and make it a bit more homey.  

Different paint, furniture, pillows, and rugs and it would be an actual pleasant place to live. A Meditation on the Color Gray is disquieting.

• Love 4
On 12/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I love Dubrow but that house is not my taste. I think there could be some simple design changes that would warm it up significantly and make it a bit more homey.  

It definitely needs some homey-ness. How the hell do you kick off your shoes, grab a snack and a blanket and snuggle in to watch TV in a house like that?!  I would be so uncomfortable in that place. Of course if I had their money, I'd buy a huge piece of land and build me a cozy log cabin, which I'm sure Heather wouldn't be comfortable in. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5
On 12/28/2017 at 5:59 AM, gundysgirl said:

I think this is right. I think that it was her decision to not come back, but because of the role that she was offered. Too many things have been said by others to believe anything else. Tamra said on WWHL that she had unfollowed all the gals on Twitter right after the season started because she was emotionally fragile and didn't want to communicate with any of them. I cannot see how that would be the case if she were fine with the way that things went down. Vicki also said that she learned Heather wasn't coming back when Heather sent her a text telling her of her decision. Kelly also said she only came back once she learned that Heather had decided she would not come back (which is probably a lie because Kelly would be under contract).  I think she didn't want to just be a 'friend of'. Which is really too bad. I totally get it. Alex on the NY show said she turned down a 'friend of' role because you still have to film a ton, attend the events, etc., but get a tiny amount of pay for your efforts. Heather doesn't need that, but I think she would have been excellent in that role. I would love to see her come back in any capacity. 

And based on how the season ultimately went, I bet there would have been a huge chance of her getting upgraded to full-time. The show actually needed her, IMO. Or, at the very least, it would have been a Luann situation where she would have been so welcomed by viewers in her role that her stock would have ultimately risen. But I get how you would definitely have to swallow your pride to come back in a limited capacity.

• Love 1
On 12/31/2017 at 7:57 PM, Maharincess said:

It definitely needs some homey-ness. How the hell do you kick off your shoes, grab a snack and a blanket and snuggle in to watch TV in a house like that?!  I would be so uncomfortable in that place. Of course if I had their money, I'd buy a huge piece of land and build me a cozy log cabin, which I'm sure Heather wouldn't be comfortable in. 

I think you go into the AMC theater they have there.  Which also looks uncomfortable to me.

i prefer Shannon’s old house with the baroque foyer.  At least it had color and some traditional touches.

Heather, I love you, but your house looks like a Russian prison for convicted gangsters with money.  

• Love 4

A few days ago, UK drag queen Alexis Stone who is known for his ability to transform himself into the rich 'n famous via makeup, recreated the Madame Pupp -- sorry, Heather Dubrow look. Heather was displeased (she didn't have any idea who he was but she was nonetheless displeased) and got vocal online.  The cyber-world responded (quite loudly, too) and now she's in damage control mode.

https://champagneandshade.com/2018/01/08/heather-dubrow-blasted-on-twitter-for-offending-makeup-artist-alexis-stone-before-apologizing/

http://www.thisisinsider.com/celebrity-makeup-transformations-instagram-viral-2017-11

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, SCS said:

A few days ago, UK drag queen Alexis Stone who is known for his ability to transform himself into the rich 'n famous via makeup, recreated the Madame Pupp -- sorry, Heather Dubrow look. Heather was displeased (she didn't have any idea who he was but she was nonetheless displeased) and got vocal online.  The cyber-world responded (quite loudly, too) and now she's in damage control mode.

https://champagneandshade.com/2018/01/08/heather-dubrow-blasted-on-twitter-for-offending-makeup-artist-alexis-stone-before-apologizing/

http://www.thisisinsider.com/celebrity-makeup-transformations-instagram-viral-2017-11

I believe Heather didn't know who this was or why he did it. She takes a lot of heat on SM with idiots trolling her accusing her of PS all the time and she is a little sensitive about it. She apologized as soon as she found out the truth. Honestly, had someone I didn't know done this to me, I'm not sure I would be all too happy/pleased either but I would have asked before getting angry though.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SCS said:

I thought it was a bad photoshop myself when I first saw the photo so I totally think Heather thought the same. Her apology was good and they should move on.

• Love 5

I was very impressed with the drag queen's talent with make up artistry. I thought his version of Heather was incredibly accurate and not at all demeaning to Heather's looks. But Heather will always be a snob. 

I'd love to see this drag queen made up to look like  Terry Dubrow!

• Love 4

LOL over on the Bravo site is a sneak peek about Heather's new home, written in the standard flowery style. I don't know if the writer made a genuine mistake and meant "giggling" or "agog", or is not a fan, but right now there is a line of text that says:

Other recent photos Heather has shared of her family in their home have us equally gagging.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-heather-dubrow-home-view-photos

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SCS said:

LOL over on the Bravo site is a sneak peek about Heather's new home, written in the standard flowery style. I don't know if the writer made a genuine mistake and meant "giggling" or "agog", or is not a fan, but right now there is a line of text that says:

Other recent photos Heather has shared of her family in their home have us equally gagging.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-heather-dubrow-home-view-photos

Lololol...too funny. ??

• Love 3
On 4/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, SCS said:

Hmmm....Freudian slip perhaps? 

• Love 1
On 4/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Gagging in dragspeak is a very good thing. I think that's where this writer was going. 

On 4/28/2018 at 4:08 PM, AntAnn said:

Oh! I learn something new everyday ?

Yep. There's a whole lexicon. 

http://rupaulsdragrace.wikia.com/wiki/RuPaul's_Drag_Race_Dictionary

Atlanta is probably the show where the women  use that drag vocabulary the most: read, shade, tea, beat, and clock for example. Some of the words and phrases in the link above aren't really unique to the drag scene and were equally if not more common in communities of color like "bye Felicia!" The dictionary is not comprehensive; it's obviously missing "Miss Vanjie."*

* If you don't get it, it's because it's a Drag Race joke. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
On 4/29/2018 at 2:54 PM, HunterHunted said:

Yep. There's a whole lexicon. 

http://rupaulsdragrace.wikia.com/wiki/RuPaul's_Drag_Race_Dictionary

Atlanta is probably the show where the women  use that drag vocabulary the most: read, shade, tea, beat, and clock for example. Some of the words and phrases in the link above aren't really unique to the drag scene and were equally if not more common in communities of color like "bye Felicia!" The dictionary is not comprehensive; it's missing  obviously missing "Miss Vanjie."*

* If you don't get it, it's because it's aDrag Race joke. 

VANGIE!!!!!

• Love 2

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked, that HD would allow this photo to be used in promotion of their ridiculously-named skincare line. (more ridiculously-spelled than named I guess).  I posted this and the comparison photos over on another forum, and thought I would share here too.  

EvineDubrow.thumb.PNG.54b3f0b7c260c23504ad1591b8ea4805.PNG

jimmy-durante-wearing-a-suit-photo-print.jpg

Death-Becomes-Her-Blu-ray-620-02.jpg

• Love 8
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It’s also a weird picture to use (aside from the weird faces and necks)  because it looks like they are dancing, but he’s wearing his scrubs.  Like - we get it, you’re a doctor, no need to always wear the scrubs!

The scrub mentality is odd, there is a very high profile vet in Baltimore and I have seen him in the airport in scrubs so everyone would know he is a doctor.  These men have such fragile egos, I feel for their SO's having to stroke those egos.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The scrub mentality is odd, there is a very high profile vet in Baltimore and I have seen him in the airport in scrubs so everyone would know he is a doctor.  These men have such fragile egos, I feel for their SO's having to stroke those egos.

Totally an ego thing!  Ha - that is funny.

I think it is actually gross - you are not going to wear the scrubs you wore to operate on someone earlier in the day, and you are not going to operate on someone wearing the scrubs you bummed around in all morning.  SOOO you are just wearing scrubs to wear scrubs?  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Totally an ego thing!  Ha - that is funny.

I think it is actually gross - you are not going to wear the scrubs you wore to operate on someone earlier in the day, and you are not going to operate on someone wearing the scrubs you bummed around in all morning.  SOOO you are just wearing scrubs to wear scrubs?  

“These are my formal scrubs. I only wear them  on special occasions.”

• Love 12

Having worn scrubs for so many years I can say that they can be so comfortable. Like wearing pajamas all day long. It also eliminates choice as to matching, colors and styles etc. Kind of an easy thing to throw on. First thing after retirement I did was ditch them all and I haven’t looked back. 

• Love 6

I used to work near a big university hospital. On my way in to work in the morning, I’d often walk past the people leaving those jobs—and usually they were wearing scrubs. I confess that I would always wonder why they didn’t change as soon as their shift was over—they were in surgery (they usually had their badges on, too) and I just thought, ick, I don’t think I want to take THAT part of the job home with me... :)

I totally get that they’re comfy—I have many nurse-friends who love ‘em—but the thought of Dr Terry slow-dancing with Heather while wearing his surgery garb... I hope that was BEFORE work ;)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I hope that was BEFORE work ;)

The hospitals freely provide lots of them as they can get soiled/contaminated for many reasons. It’s not unheard of to change into a clean pair just before leaving work so that you have a relatively clean pair to put on to go to work the next day. What gets me is not taking off their shoes and literally leaving them at the doorstep, garage or mud room. They are full of germs and can contaminate a house in a matter of minutes between using the bathroom, going into the kitchen and (shudder) walking on carpets. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, SCS said:

Screen-Shot-2016-07-14-at-11.25.57-AM.pn

Surfed by a previous season being marathon'd on us and it was no fun watching "the mean girls" of the OC act out so venomous and petulantly! All are so concerned about Brooks' health that they're willing to broach his privacy finding out what's what and then we have Heather who's seeing her job as planning and decorating a $20 M house! She asks Terry for an opinion, but all she's looking for is validation and approval! He can't say what he really feels on something or he gets "the face" you see above! The woman is such a caricature of a "high maintenance" b!tch that's truly never happy! There's always something to make her turn her nose up at it; attitude, question, persona, or what you're wearing! It's all just grist for Heather's mill! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 4

That part of the Brooks cancer story really bothered me. Not as much as Brooks faking cancer........

However.  Meghan went too far in her quest to prove once and for all that Brooks was lying.  It was skeevy.  I also tend to believe that it was payback to Gunvalson--her investment into the truth.

Yeah.  I know.  LeeAnne. But I don't think LeeAnne motivated Meghan PI as much as being alpha female over the OG.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, dosodog said:

That part of the Brooks cancer story really bothered me. Not as much as Brooks faking cancer........

However.  Meghan went too far in her quest to prove once and for all that Brooks was lying.  It was skeevy.  I also tend to believe that it was payback to Gunvalson--her investment into the truth.

Yeah.  I know.  LeeAnne. But I don't think LeeAnne motivated Meghan PI as much as being alpha female over the OG.

I don't think it was Meghan doing it, I suspect it was production and they used Meghan to expose Brooks/Vicki lie/scams. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Meghan was so gross that season. She used LeeAnn's cancer as her own storyline including the exploitation of her step-daughter.

• Love 4
On 6/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Meghan was so gross that season. She used LeeAnn's cancer as her own storyline including the exploitation of her step-daughter.

And she had no business contacting Crook’s family and exes.  

But the whole thing was pretty fucked up.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked, that HD would allow this photo to be used in promotion of their ridiculously-named skincare line. (more ridiculously-spelled than named I guess).  I posted this and the comparison photos over on another forum, and thought I would share here too.  

EvineDubrow.thumb.PNG.54b3f0b7c260c23504ad1591b8ea4805.PNG

jimmy-durante-wearing-a-suit-photo-print.jpg

Death-Becomes-Her-Blu-ray-620-02.jpg

Holy mother of god! Jimmy Durante IS the father of Terry Dubrow! Lol. Well the Debrows are pimpin' their new weight loss book? (or maybe it's their podcadt?)They're on Steve Harvey. Thousands of books on the market on how to lose weight and none of them work. Good luck Terry and Heather. I think Heather misses the attention she got on RHOC. 

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I did a google search for "Dr. Terry Dubrow skin care" and the very first search result was Dr. Paul Nassif's skin care products. Lol!

If you're interested, it's sold on Evine shopping network and on line at evine.com.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If you're interested, it's sold on Evine shopping network and on line at evine.com.

Thanks. Yes I did find Dubrows website for Beaute Consult products. I'm not interested. And especially not interested in putting more money in the Dubrows bank account! 

• Love 6
On 6/11/2018 at 7:09 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Lol! The one on Falls Rd? Does segments for local news? 

• Love 2