Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

I watched 'That's Life', too, and I really liked the show and Heather. I also watched 'Stark Raving Mad', which was really funny back in the day! Thanks to your link, I just re-watches the first episode and I still found it funny. And it was so funny how Tony Shalhoub and Neil Patrick Harris played the complete opposite characters to their later ones (Monk and HIMYM)! 😁

I really liked Heather Page Kent before she joined RHOC. I was so disappointed by what she turned out to be in real life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 3/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Re Heather having never been in a Walmart or what have you. This article from SouthJersey.com from 2001 (!) is interesting. It talks about Heather's early relationship with Terry, etc. But it also goes into her parents and her background. 

It sounds to me like she grew up very privileged but not so extremely wealthy that she only shopped in high end stores or what have you. Syracuse was a good school at that time (and still is) but it wasn't considered upper echelon, Ivy League equivalent.  I suspect she has been in a Walmart or a TJ Maxx like a lot of people who were raised upper middle class.

"singing and dancing for her supper at Disneyland for a year. In a big, blond wig and a can-can outfit, she portrayed Miss Lillian in The Golden Horseshoe Jamboree" 

She was a Disneyland player!

• Useful 3

Heather seems to be showing up everywhere.  She is on her own little tour to get on every show.  I can't even count how many times I have come across her in the last week.  At times it seems so random.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

All the Dubrows care about is making money....but more importantly -  screen time, face time, advice time, bragging time...

I just don't understand how they're so wealthy ... I feel like they live larger than Tom & Erika Girardi - and we see how that turned out.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, chuckity said:

I just don't understand how they're so wealthy ... I feel like they live larger than Tom & Erika Girardi - and we see how that turned out.  

He is a plastic surgeon in Newport Beach. I am sure he pulls in a bundle. Funny story. My dog was diagnosed early stage Kidney disease. One of the highest regarded Internal Medicine Vets is in Newport Beach and she is my baby and I wanted the best. We waited over an hour and while in the lobby a lovely, well preserved older lady came In to pick up her dog and told us, breathlessly, that someone had stolen a Yacht and then rammed it into several boats near where her boat was moored. I so wanted to say "I hate it when that happens" but restrained myself. Her boat was fine. Sitting in that office seeing all the pretty people come and go was interesting. I live in a nice area of Orange County but felt really out of place. I am sure Heather would have been totally comfortable but probably livid about being kept waiting. BTW, the Vet was very thorough, but the exam and blood tests, which I had run at my regular Vet 3 weeks earlier for about $350 cost me just under $1,000. My regular Vet is in Seal Beach, so it isn't as if he has to offer low rates based on demographics. Newport Beach is an expensive place.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Just my thoughts on this supposed affair...

The affair stuff tracks a little, Terry was never home, he said he was so busy at the office with surgeries and such so it's not like Heather could reach him in the OR...they sold their home to build something bigger/more expensive which is odd since he was going to cut back on his hours at work, usually less hours normally equates to less money but then they went bigger on that mausoleum of theirs.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Bigger home on their OC home...and now Cabo and Idaho homes.

Oh - and if I called him he would have a jet for me in the morning.

Perhaps Terry and Heather reunited in not getting more plastic surgery. Neither look young or even normal.

• Love 4
On 3/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

And they do a LOT of overpriced ShopHQ stuff.

Overpriced garbage is more like it...what money grubbers they are. A physician of some merit shilling on a QVC/HSN wannabe channel no less...pathetic.

• Love 7
On 4/17/2022 at 12:47 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

The affair stuff tracks a little, Terry was never home, he said he was so busy at the office with surgeries and such so it's not like Heather could reach him in the OR...they sold their home to build something bigger/more expensive which is odd since he was going to cut back on his hours at work, usually less hours normally equates to less money but then they went bigger on that mausoleum of theirs.

Ha!!! Love it!!! Not unbelievable because surgeons have a reputation for being cheaters. But really...how boring and mundane...banging an office assistant...way to go Terry.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I found the house grossly over sized and it made me think she is leaving a much bigger carbon footprint than any human being is entitled to make.  The amount of energy needed service that structure and wasted space in an area already over developed and environmentally scarred is astounding. Why do people think this is necessary? Then she plans on building another monstrosity so her children will stay near.  I think that is accomplished in a whole different way but that would not make sense to her.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
On 4/17/2022 at 12:47 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Interesting that, during the reunion, they showed "highlights" to prove your point.

Are  you feeding stories to the press? Do you have a secret "in" with Andy? What aren't you telling us?Own it! Just be honest!

Or are you psychic? Quick!...What are tomorrow's lottery numbers?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

So I happened to turn on Shop SQ today. Miss "we are wealthy"  Heather has a line of clothes called Heather's Closet. All I saw was one cheap ass $24.99 trashy dress. No way would fancy pants be caught dead in that.  Terry and Heather will slap their names on anything to make a buck. How much money do these greedy people really need? Heather should be mortified that her name is associated with these clothes. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So I happened to turn on Shop SQ today. Miss "we are wealthy"  Heather has a line of clothes called Heather's Closet. All I saw was one cheap ass $24.99 trashy dress. No way would fancy pants be caught dead in that.  Terry and Heather will slap their names on anything to make a buck. How much money do these greedy people really need? Heather should be mortified that her name is associated with these clothes. 

I think she has taken the saying that: “You can never be too rich or too thin” to heart. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 4/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, Shannah Banana said:

https://blindgossip.com/the-price-of-an-affair/

This was from 2016 and a blind item. 

A lot of commenters guessed the Dubrow's.

I am too, now.

Was that the year when it was obvious they were having problems? When Terry casually put it out there at the outdoor dinner that the “d word” had been thrown around, and everybody looked shocked? When Terry was being a dick about Heather returning to work?

Yeah, they’re both publicity/fame/money/status grabbers, and I don’t care for either of them much, but their marriage seems to be on firmer ground now. Good for them that it looks like they got through (Heather’s words) a “rough patch.” I doubt they could have kept up the charade that, say, David and Shannon had going for very long.

It’s clear that in the RH Shit Stirring Hall of Fame, Kelly has earned her golden ladle. She’s still smarting about losing her orange, and I agree with those who say she’s about as trustworthy as Brandi Glanville.

In short, this is none of my business. Kelly Dodd Levinthal is on full ignore.

• Love 6

The story about the Dubrow house having sold to an undisclosed buyer, who just "happened" to have $55 million and wanted that specific custom house, leaves questions.

Heather said that she & Terry are thrilled to have found an L.A. penthouse.  Um, really?  Will you have a Champs button?

The Terry-cheating, Dubrow-divorce rumors are flying.

On BravoCon, Heather was exceedingly nice.  Like, too nice.  She praised the fans, thanked them for being there, was sticky sweet.  When Andy brought up the cheating rumors, Heather used the deflection/defense technique of saying (paraphrasing) that with success, comes rumors.  Basically implying that people are envious of their success, so they start rumors.

She never said, "Nope.  No cheating here".  

She flies home to Orange County, gets a mysterious $55 million check from an undisclosed buyer, and moves to L.A. to live in a glorified apartment.

She should move in with Braunwyn.  She seems to be single these days too.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Chateau Dubrow has been sold for $55 million. 

The Dubrows are downsizing. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://people.com/home/heather-and-terry-dubrow-sell-newport-beach-home/

I thought she said it was their dream house, but then the real estate marker boom happened, and the Dubrows couldn't resist. Is she going to be able to film the OC HWs while living in Century City? It means she is leaving the show.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, Starlight925 said:

The story about the Dubrow house having sold to an undisclosed buyer, who just "happened" to have $55 million and wanted that specific custom house, leaves questions.

Heather said that she & Terry are thrilled to have found an L.A. penthouse.  Um, really?  Will you have a Champs button?

The Terry-cheating, Dubrow-divorce rumors are flying.

On BravoCon, Heather was exceedingly nice.  Like, too nice.  She praised the fans, thanked them for being there, was sticky sweet.  When Andy brought up the cheating rumors, Heather used the deflection/defense technique of saying (paraphrasing) that with success, comes rumors.  Basically implying that people are envious of their success, so they start rumors.

She never said, "Nope.  No cheating here".  

She flies home to Orange County, gets a mysterious $55 million check from an undisclosed buyer, and moves to L.A. to live in a glorified apartment.

She should move in with Braunwyn.  She seems to be single these days too.

Things that make you go “hmmm…”

At least Altman got commission from it.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Chateau Dubrow has been sold for $55 million. 

Who the heck would want that severely customized mansion? How convenient that another Braolebrity just happened to handle the transaction? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2022 at 6:24 AM, ZettaK said:

I thought she said it was their dream house, but then the real estate marker boom happened, and the Dubrows couldn't resist. Is she going to be able to film the OC HWs while living in Century City? 

Maybe she cut a deal with Andy to join the Beverly Hills women.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Who the heck would want that severely customized mansion? How convenient that another Braolebrity just happened to handle the transaction? 

I got a kick out of the “downsizing” excuse. Two kids leave home and suddenly they don’t need all that space? 

I always thought it was a disgusting example of conspicuous consumption.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I'm sure that their idea of downsizing is completely different than mine!!  

As well as that of the rest of us mere mortals on this planet. That mausoleum is the equivalent of a luxury hotel.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

As well as that of the rest of us mere mortals on this planet. That mausoleum is the equivalent of a luxury hotel.

I got to go to a 10,000+ sq. ft home one time for an engagement party given by a friend of my boss, and I couldn't pick my jaw up off of the floor the whole time!  Heather's home probably dwarfed this house!  At least with the house I was in, it was warm and inviting, even with the home gym as big as my house!!  I still can't believe that she put all of that work into that house only to live in it such a short time, but then again, if she hit it just right with the real estate market, she probably made a small fortune off of it.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2022 at 9:40 AM, Hiyo said:

Maybe someone who wants to convert it to a hotel?

I always think it looks like a conference center. A very cold, dark, unwelcoming conference center. 

Buyer to agent:  I would like an enormous house on a small piece of property that is highly customized to another family.  Many shapes of ice are a must have.  Extremely well-equipped, rarely used kitchen a plus. References to someone's frozen embryos would be a great plus; in fact, let's call that a must have. But I want the formal dining room to be really small and extra dark; you might say tomb-like.    However, it will need ready access to an entire room full of champagne.  Do you have any properties that fit this criteria?   

• LOL 17
On 10/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I was hoping they were selling because they’re getting divorced.

From that video it looked like Heather couldn’t hide her discomfort when asked about the rumors and Terry was sucking up big time.  
If there was cheating (hopefully not) perhaps it occurred in the house and that is the reason to sell?

hopefully all is well and it just came off strangely and I misinterpreted 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm not buying that someone just "happened" to have $55 million to buy the home, and another Bravolebrity just "happened" to close the sale.

After such a strangely built custom home.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that it was being shown privately to buyers around the world, what with the Terry cheating rumors & all.

Downsizing to move to an L.A. Penthouse is, to me, soft speak for "Let's move to an apartment while we split up all the stuff".

I don't buy this for one. second.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, ChitChat said:

I got to go to a 10,000+ sq. ft home one time for an engagement party given by a friend of my boss, and I couldn't pick my jaw up off of the floor the whole time!  Heather's home probably dwarfed this house!  At least with the house I was in, it was warm and inviting, even with the home gym as big as my house!!  I still can't believe that she put all of that work into that house only to live in it such a short time, but then again, if she hit it just right with the real estate market, she probably made a small fortune off of it.  

Heather's house was 22,000 sq ft.  I could never quite figure out what they did with all of the space. The new apartment is about 5300 sq ft, 2 bedrooms, 4.5 baths.  It's hard to imagine that will be their primary residence if they are staying together unless they plan to change some existing rooms into bedrooms. The twins are at college; Kat is 15 and Coco 11 (or thereabouts; I am not checking birthdays 😁 ).  Just because the kids are in college, that doesn't mean they won't come home at times. Nothing about this makes good sense. They have called it their pied-a-terre in the city.  With 2 bedrooms, that works.  However, where will they actually live with the kids?  I don't see them stacking them up (a.k.a., having them share a room) like us commoners sometimes do. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

However, where will they actually live with the kids?  I don't see them stacking them up (a.k.a., having them share a room) like us commoners sometimes do. 

Maybe they'll buy them an adjoining apartment and make it the guest/kids residence!!

• Wink 2
  • LOL 2

Two school age kids (Is a high schooler EVER happy to transfer to a new h.s.?)  Two in college coming home for holidays/breaks. To a 2-bedroom condo for 6 people?!  Terry's practice is in Orange County (1.5 hr minimum 1-way commute from Century City IF there's no traffic - & when is that EVER?) Or he'll have to up & move his established practice.  Even as a temporary fix (if Heather has indeed joined RHOBH or looks for more suitable quarters in L.A. or elsewhere), this set-up seems incredibly awful/stupid/unbelievable.

I stopped watching RHoOC.  Wasn't entertaining.  Tamara's back so FOR SURE, I will NOT watch OC while she's on it - her smug face, over-inflated importance, & nasty antics were impossible to watch before.  She hasn't changed.  (Maybe Andy should simply put Tamara, Rinna, Vicki & other of the most massively self-important inflated egos on one show:  Real Housewives of Hell.  (A gladiator-level take-down if ever there was one.) 

Whether on OC or BH, Heather's not all that interesting - tho her self-importance didn't disgust me in the same way as Tamara & Vicki (or Rinna's) beastly antics.  I can't believe there's not more to this sudden sale & crazy replacement home story - but not waiting with bated breath to find out.    

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 11/5/2022 at 10:57 PM, maggiemae said:

2 kids still at home in a 2 bedroom condo...and 2 others in college coming home for holidays and college breaks...in a 2 bedroom condo?

I think not.

It's a large penthouse which occupies half a floor of a luxury building. It has three bedrooms (not two), and five bathrooms. It's 5,300 square feet which makes it more than double in size of the average American house these days. It belonged to a Russian billionaire and was renovated recently by Roberto Cavalli, and Gianfranco Ferre. Other occupants of the building are Rihanna, Denzel Washington, and Candy Spelling.

Filming for the OC HWs just ended, so I assume they are still living at home in Newport Beach- there are normally agreements about closing dates when a house is sold. 

Didn't Terry also share an office with Paul Nassif (although it was PN's office) in Beverly Hills? On top of his office in Newport Beach.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's a large penthouse. . .It has three bedrooms (not two), and five bathrooms. It's 5,300 square feet. . .Other occupants of the building are. . Candy Spelling.

Filming for the OC HWs just ended, so I assume they are still living at home in Newport Beach- there are normally agreements about closing dates when a house is sold. 

Didn't Terry also share an office with Paul Nassif (although it was PN's office) in Beverly Hills? On top of his office in Newport Beach.

Still seems stupid even if 3 bdrs, not 2.  (Sorry if I had it wrong - picked up 2 bd, 4.5 bath from someone up-thread - who got it somewhere.) 

Even if the h.s. kids take up 2 bdrs & the Loyola-bound kid passes on an easy commute (for L.A.) from Century City to rent (or folks buy) an apt. near Loyola, they're short a bedroom for the other daughter to come in for breaks, holidays, etc.  Heather doesn't seem to be one to let anyone share bedrooms or sleep on the living room couch - but maybe. 

They all have to use an elevator to get to the PH (& if no private elevator, wait for whoever gets on/off for 30 or more floors to/from the top), drag packages up/down or wait for house staff or concierge to get someone to do it, wait for a valet to get their car out of the parking levels.  Adds considerable time per outing just to get in/out of the building. That gets old.

The closing date's whatever negotiated. Days, weeks, less than 30 days - not unusual here.  Pay $55 mil & there's leverage to get the deal done & the folks out - fast.

Who cares who else is in the building?  Not like they'll be borrowing a cup of sugar. If the building where Candy Spelling purchased a PH after giving up The Manor, she's sued 2-3 times, leased elsewhere &/or moved out for a time.  After doing extensive renovations on a 2-story PH, she first sued when promised building amenities didn't materialize, & a 2nd time for the condo's financial records.  A nightmare neighbor?  Causing condo litigation costs that all of the building's condo owners must bear.

Also, whether Terry is squatting in Paul's office & there at times, his main clientele is in Newport Beach.  Can't see him giving up that lucrative O.C. practice. But spending 4-6 hours commuting daily to O.C. (even with a driver) is brutal.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 11/7/2022 at 1:30 PM, realityplease said:

Still seems stupid even if 3 bdrs, not 2.  (Sorry if I had it wrong - picked up 2 bd, 4.5 bath from someone up-thread - who got it somewhere.) 

Even if the h.s. kids take up 2 bdrs & the Loyola-bound kid passes on an easy commute (for L.A.) from Century City to rent (or folks buy) an apt. near Loyola, they're short a bedroom for the other daughter to come in for breaks, holidays, etc.  Heather doesn't seem to be one to let anyone share bedrooms or sleep on the living room couch - but maybe. 

They all have to use an elevator to get to the PH (& if no private elevator, wait for whoever gets on/off for 30 or more floors to/from the top), drag packages up/down or wait for house staff or concierge to get someone to do it, wait for a valet to get their car out of the parking levels.  Adds considerable time per outing just to get in/out of the building. That gets old.

The closing date's whatever negotiated. Days, weeks, less than 30 days - not unusual here.  Pay $55 mil & there's leverage to get the deal done & the folks out - fast.

Who cares who else is in the building?  Not like they'll be borrowing a cup of sugar. If the building where Candy Spelling purchased a PH after giving up The Manor, she's sued 2-3 times, leased elsewhere &/or moved out for a time.  After doing extensive renovations on a 2-story PH, she first sued when promised building amenities didn't materialize, & a 2nd time for the condo's financial records.  A nightmare neighbor?  Causing condo litigation costs that all of the building's condo owners must bear.

Also, whether Terry is squatting in Paul's office & there at times, his main clientele is in Newport Beach.  Can't see him giving up that lucrative O.C. practice. But spending 4-6 hours commuting daily to O.C. (even with a driver) is brutal.

I personally don't like condos (luxury, or not) because you have to deal with many other residents who might not agree with you about issues. Like Candy Spelling who seems to be a nighmare neighbor. 

As for the Dubrows, they might be impressed by other celebrities and love living in the same building with them. 

And yes, it will be difficult to commute to Newport. I don't think Terry is retiring any time soon. The same article mentioned the couple bought a lot in Idaho, and they are building a country house. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, ZettaK said:

It's a large penthouse which occupies half a floor of a luxury building. It has three bedrooms (not two), and five bathrooms. . .

Selling Sunset realtor Heather El Moussa handled the sale for the Dubrows & wrote in her press release that it's a 2 bedroom, 4.5 bath: cost $14 million.  (El Moussa's press release is shown on Reality Blurb.)  Likely one of, if not highest, condo sales price in L.A. this year.   

2 bedrooms - or 3 - doesn't matter.  4.5 baths - or 5 - who cares.  $14 million for a high-rise condo in earthquake country, with cross-streets at near-gridlock at rush hour (which is most of the time), in a city whose real estate prices are starting to go into decline, & in a city where condos are not as marketable as in other cities like NY (except for the nearly dead or as a second pied-a-terre for out-of-staters or foreign money.)   Still dumb.  

Edited by realityplease
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4