Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E05: Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Oh, Canada.

Dean's broken face fascinates me.  His face is like supposed to be handsome, but it's kind of broken?  Like something's amiss?  t's like he's Tom Hardy, but something's off?  It's like he's Logan Marshall Green?  I don't know.  It's weird, right?

I thought Noura was very NORMAL this episode actually.  But I get that at TC she did the laugh thing.

Karishma is one of those mysterious Survivors who will never be voted out.  I thought it was kind of shocking that she announced she thought she MADE A MISTAKE WITH HER MARRIAGE.

Karishma struggling in those water challenges.  Ouch.  I'm so scared I would be like that.

Aaron…… is so hot…..

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I like new Vokai. New Lairo can just go ahead and Pagong themselves and leave Kellie for the merge. The rest of them are too stupid to play with the other fun team. That was a good reward. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 10

Well that turned out to be a rather boring vote IMO. Tom never got much of an edit.

I was hoping it would be Krishma because I find her pretty annoying. Not only is she bad at challenges, she's such a whiner. All I could think when she said Applebees was her favorite restaurant was "Oh girl, aim higher."

Dean is likable enough I guess, but is the very definition of "bland".

Missed Island of the Idols tonight.

Noura got very lucky with the vote.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I don’t think Karishma will last much longer. But I want her to go to IOTI. Sandra would hug her for about five minutes, then she’d give her an idol. “Sandra, I don’t think we can do this.” “You’re absolutely right, Rob. Here, take two, honey.”

I mean, I get the arguments against her, but I feel for her. And I don’t think it’s out of any sort of political correctness. I mean, her (new?) tribe was already behind at RC. Everyone acted like getting bound and crawling through sand was NOT that tough. And Probst laid into her, so you know I gotta support her.

When was the last time we had sponsored food? Probst was selling the shit out of Applebee’s. It’s not even the merge. I don’t know if it’s time to basically orgasm (or pretend to do so) for grub.

I don’t drink alcoholic drinks. Is the gummie on the Blue Shark any good?

I missed the Idols. At least they got some choice snark in at TC.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

When was the last time we had sponsored food? Probst was selling the shit out of Applebee’s. It’s not even the merge. I don’t know if it’s time to basically orgasm (or pretend to do so) for grub.

It was a little weird how happy Tommy was to parrot the ad copy.  He was like the star of a commercial.  It was over the top.

• Love 8

For what I thought was going to be a dull TC, it was kind of interesting.  Lots of good points made, especially right at the end by Dean and Tom.  Yet with all the focus on getting Karishma out (again), I knew it wasn’t going to be her.  Kellee has one more TC to play her idol, right?  And if Janet only knew Missy and Aaron were ready to flip on old Lairo, maybe that would have saved Tom.  

I don’t know if Dean was a lousy detective, or the rest of Old Lairo were lousy liars during the interrogation.  Either way Missy and Aaron need to come down off their pedestal a little bit.  And I guess the theme of the season should actually be ‘I have no idea what just happened at tribal.’  Every vote has been a blindside, right?

To be fair to Karishma, Janet kind of sucked during the RC, too.  So she shouldn’t get the total blame.  I still think Janet is kick ass, though.  And the last two times I ate at Applebee’s (both different locations), I got food poisoning.  So I would have passed on that reward.  I don’t care how hungry I was.    

Here I thought NuVokai going to TC would have been more interesting, with a 4-4 split.  But nope, Missy and Aaron are just going to flip on Elaine and Elizabeth.  Though with Karishma still sulking around Lairo, they may not need to worry about going to TC anytime soon.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's obvious the players are thinking ahead to the merge and they likely assumed Tom had strong connections with his old tribemates and was far more likely to flip back to their side.

I thought Janet would be smart to stay close to Tom and use those connections for herself down the road.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The best part of teh episode tonight?  No visit to Ron and Sandra's island.

Karishma is going to cockroach her way all the way to the end, isn't she? lol

I don't see the new Vokai tribe losing until we get to the merge. That tribe is stacked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I was surprised in the moment, but honestly, right before TC and even after, I realized that, out of the three, Tom was the most expendable so it really WASN'T a huge surprise that he was voted out.

Like it's been said, Karishma's weak at challenges, but she's willing to flip in order to be accepted. She's an easy number. But their issue WILL continue to be challenges because, my goodness, she was slow at that challenge. 

And Dean has that connection with Kellee, along with the fact that he had been left blindsided last TC so he's also someone who wouldn't easily go back to his old tribe during the merge. 

So, that just left Tom, who seemed to only be liked by Janet anyway. 

However...still a dumb move. Karishma seems decent enough but she is such a weak player. Though I did roll my eyes at her snapping back at Jeff when he accurately mentioned that they were all waiting for Karishma still. Unless she steps it up, they'll just be back for the next TC.

Which is a shame because, as much as I like the new Vokai tribe, I want to see them eat each other. Elaine, in particular, has officially gotten on my nerves. I am already sick of her "I don't know anything" schtick. I mean, it's impressive if everyone buys it. That just goes to show that she's good at the game. 

As someone who hasn't watched in ages, that Applebees sponsorship annoyed the hell out of me. They're acting like they have been on that Island for six months. I get they were likely told to hype it up...but my god, it got on my nerves by the second minute.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I thought Janet would be smart to stay close to Tom and use those connections for herself down the road.  

Especially because she could read him like a book.  She saw him as completely transparent and it appears she was right.

As a Canadian, I don't even know what Applebee's sells!  Food poisoning TWICE?!  That sounds awful.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

that Applebees sponsorship annoyed the hell out of me. They're acting like they have been on that Island for six months. I get they were likely told to hype it up...but my god, it got on my nerves by the second minute.

That was awful.  Applebees.  Never been there.  Not a fan of chain restaurants.  Proves it’s all frozen and can be shipped anywhere

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Here's a hot take....was the wrestling scene between Missy and Elaine foreshadowing the final two at the end of the game (possibly with a third who is irrelevant)?

I don't know, but it sure made me wonder.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I like Karishma, despite the whining. I know I'm in the minority on that.  Also, Probst was annoying when he kept calling her out during both challenges.  I think Vokai was smart to keep her in some ways. Dean and Tom both targeted her to the other Vokai members and Karishma just campaigned on being hated by her old tribe. Who would be less likely to return to their old tribe at the merge?  I personally would have preferred that they voted Dean out. There is something about him that bothers me. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, SHD said:

That reward challenge would be way harder and more painful for the women.

That challenge was too sadistic for even my perverted enjoyment.

Noura dragging useless Karishma up the hill after her bold victory prediction made it worth it.

• Love 7
Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

As a person who's only been to Applebee's 2 or 3 times in her life, I was amazed at the number of people who are apparently intimately familiar with their menu. 

It is almost lie someone (production) told them ahead of time what was on the menu before they got there. Just like production most likely told them to have an orgasm when Jeff announced the reward.   Survivor gots to pay those bills.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It's your very average American chain restaurant. The fact that Karishma proclaims it as her favorite sit-down restaurant? Made me want her out of the game that much more more.

Same. I can't imagine anyone saying it's their favorite.

Did the show have any idea about Kellee and Dean having a connection?'

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Probst was annoying when he kept calling her out during both challenges. 

Something besides that she's obviously bad in challenges has really gotten under his skin about Karishma being on "his show", he has a real disdain for her and it's quite distracting. I mean he hates her more than he loves his all-american super sporty types. It's odd.

Also over the top in his respect tonight was labeling it as the "most important reward challenge of the season" which it clearly was not. It was however the most hyped, for sure. The food looked... passable but not great. Basically it was like Probst said, it was... Applebees.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Something besides that she's obviously bad in challenges has really gotten under his skin about Karishma being on "his show", he has a real disdain for her and it's quite distracting. I mean he hates her more than he loves his all-american super sporty types. It's odd.

The Karishma call-out during the challenges was mild compared to past seasons. There's a compilation on YT of Probst snark and there was one tribe member in particular he picked on that was beyond brutal. I guess I'm evil because it makes me laugh.

• Love 2

Yeah, Jeff really was a card carrying dick throwing the shade at Karishma tonight.. The dimpled one was working harder than a K Street lobbyist to get her off the island. Good on her for snapping back at him for one point. 

The editors got me for once. Usually when they trot out the hitherto unknown  tragic backstory its only because the person is going home and they have to get it in that episode before they get booted. Must have been a pretty awkward moment to night in the K household as she was watching this with her "roomie". Moral of the story...nobody should have the right to force/shame you into marrying someone else! This is the 21st century last I checked.

People might not like Noura but she was a VIP in that reward challenge even though they didn't win. Dragging a literal dead weight was impressive.

Calling shennanigans on Kelly being Dean's wife college buddy. The country is too big for such a wild coincidence...so why would the casting director allow this. It gives an unfair advantage like a certain annoying accented pair from Staten Island in another recent CBS reality show.

Applbee is the seasons biggest reward? How far we've come from Aztecs being handed out as the big rewards! It's kind of hysterical if you think about it.

Forgot there was an Island of the Idols until Jeff brought it up after the IM and if they never went back to it again I would be perfectly happy.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 7

Surprised at the Tom boot ! When they showed Rob saying "Dean is gonna GO !" , I thought that was foreshadowing. I can't believe they would show Boston Rob, Survivor god, being wrong !

I'm not a fan of Applebees- I think the food is overpriced for what you get and the service is always bad. But I guess when you are hungry, it looks pretty good.

A couple of people they showed at the start of the episode surprised me, because I didn't even recognize them. Maybe when we get down to 10 players, I'll actually know names !

Edited by willco
It's ApplebEE's, apparently
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Even if Karishma has stayed with the two guys it would have been a 4-3 numbers advantage.  I get that Noura had no vote but nobody else knew that.  I can’t understand why these Vokai Strong wouldn’t be skeptical of Karishma so readily willing to switch sides.  

Such a poor decision to keep her.  She basically isn’t good at anything.  She sucks at physical challenges and she’s no good at puzzles either.   Instead they vote out a strong guy, yes he’s old but he has a lot more strength than many of the women.

I thought for sure Dean was going home since he had so many confessionals.  I do think this tribe is going to keep losing.  Should have lost the dead weight Karishma.  It wasn’t entirely her fault but she played a large part in them losing both challenges.  

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dean's broken face fascinates me.  His face is like supposed to be handsome, but it's kind of broken?  Like something's amiss?  t's like he's Tom Hardy, but something's off?  It's like he's Logan Marshall Green?  I don't know.  It's weird, right?

Karishma is one of those mysterious Survivors who will never be voted out.  I thought it was kind of shocking that she announced she thought she MADE A MISTAKE WITH HER MARRIAGE.

I think Dean looks like a young Liam Neeson.

Kind if surprising that Karishma told millions of viewers at home that after four years she and her husband are like roommates.  Translation: they no longer have marital relations.  How awful for her husband to have to hear that on national TV.  Maybe she just got so used to the cameras, but you’d think she’d be more aware of what she says.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Yeah, Jeff really was a card carrying dick throwing the shade at Karishma tonight.. The dimpled one was working harder than a K Street lobbyist to get her off the island. Good on her for snapping back at him for one point. 

The editors got me for once. Usually when they trot out the hitherto unknown  tragic backstory its only because the person is going home and they have to get it in that episode before they get booted. Must have been a pretty awkward moment to night in the K household as she was watching this with her "roomie". Moral of the story...nobody should have the right to force/shame you into marrying someone else! This is the 21st century last I checked.

People might not like Noura but she was a VIP in that reward challenge even though they didn't win. Dragging a literal dead weight was impressive.

Calling shennanigans on Kelly being Dean's wife college buddy. The country is too big for such a wild coincidence...so why would the casting director allow this. It gives an unfair advantage like a certain annoying accented pair from Staten Island in another recent CBS reality show.

Applbee is the seasons biggest reward? How far we've come from Aztecs being handed out as the big rewards! It's kind of hysterical if you think about it.

Forgot there was an Island of the Idols until Jeff brought it up after the IM and if they never went back to it again I would be perfectly happy.

It's not his wife; it's a woman he used to date.  Kellee asked why they were not together anymore.  I doubt production grills the cast on every past relationship.  I do not see shenanigans at all.

• Love 19

“Bing, we’re bros!”  Hey Tommy, a 4th grader should see through Aaron’s  bs.

What! No IOI.  Has this  dumb  “twist” fizzled faster than others ??  Rob and Sandra had better offers or production couldn’t think of another “lesson”.

• Love 1

I was worried that Noura had gone all boring and normal, until she let loose the maniacal laugh at TC.  

Oh, Karishma, so sorry you've had rough times in your past, but TMI, girl.  I just can't imagine sharing that much with  people I barely know, especially in a situation where those people might be looking for your weaknesses.

My chesticles are burning in sympathy from that hot sand torture. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Karishma was all worried in one of the first episodes, because she was shy about being seeing in minimal clothing. But now she’s ok airing her dirty laundry on national TV?!

I was laughing out loud when Noura was dragging Karishma in that sand. 

Why was Noura squeezing her boobs when she was walking on the beach?!

Edited by nutty1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I can see why they voted out Tom, but they should have got rid of the dead weight, Karishma. They figured that Tom had more connections with old Lairo, and Karishma would be a vote for Vokai, so I see the reasoning behind it. What Rob said after the vote was correct, they will not win a challenge now. That RC for Applebee's was way over the top. It was overhyped, but I guess they were told to give it more hype than it deserved.

It's going to be a heavy Vokai merge I have a feeling.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Also over the top in his respect tonight was labeling it as the "most important reward challenge of the season" which it clearly was not. It was however the most hyped, for sure. The food looked... passable but not great. Basically it was like Probst said, it was... Applebees.

Have they even had any other reward challenges this season? Standalone ones, not combined with immunity?

I think I may be Team Noura now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The crawling through the sand tied like that was a cruel challenge and not fun to watch. 

I can't imagine that a gummy shark floating in an icy drink is anything but hard yet slimy. They had to be feeling sick after that amount of greasy food. 

I knew Inspector Dean's case was going nowhere when the first two suspects he had to mark off the list were himself and Chelsea. He's just not as bright as he thinks he is. I'm glad to hear Kellee is at least aware that his flirty friendship could spell trouble. Hope she keeps her distance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, knitorpurl said:

The crawling through the sand tied like that was a cruel challenge and not fun to watch. 

I must be evil then, because as hard as I laughed watching the blindfold challenge last week, I laughed twice as hard tonight. I could hardly breathe. The fact they were doing it for fajitas made it even funnier. 

(That said, I did pause during my hysteria to comment, "I'm so glad I'm not them." I thought that looked like the most miserable, uncomfortable challenge to date. And that's BEFORE seeing them eating mouthfuls of sand.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That said, while the strategy makes some sense, I'm still annoyed that it means Karishma lives to keep whining some more. I'm sorry, girl is a total dead weight and it'd be fine if she was dead weight, accepted it and just kept scrambling her way in the game. But it's that she's also whiny and "woe is me" despite being dead weight. Karishma has an entitlement to her where it's obvious she resents others calling out that she's well, dead weight. Well then stop being dead weight. 

Oh man I am so sick of Karishma.  I was afraid to post it on here because people tend to love the people I do not.  I am kind of glad that I am not in the minority in finding her to be annoying.

What shocked me is that she's a lawyer.  I did not see that until tonight and I just cannot picture her being a lawyer.  

She can get voted out anytime now.

4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

That was awful.  Applebees.  Never been there.  Not a fan of chain restaurants.  Proves it’s all frozen and can be shipped anywhere

When they announced it was Applebees I started thinking, if I was not eating much for eleven days straight would I be excited for Applebees?   I decided no I would not and I probably would throw the challenge just so I would not have to eat any food from there.

3 hours ago, EllenB said:

I was worried that Noura had gone all boring and normal, until she let loose the maniacal laugh at TC.  

When she did that I thought she might have that medical problem where you laugh for no reason.  That laugh was just so out of the blue.  

I have to say though I like crazy Noura but I usually like the weird players like Tarzan and Coach.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I know Karishma is useless, and I always roll my eyes when she starts whining about the situation she signed up for (in a sense I mean, I know she didn't likely expect to be ostracized by her tribe like that). But my heart went out to her when she revealed her marriage situation. I suspected something like that, since I have met women who are in similar situations.

I cannot imagine meeting someone days before you are forced to marry them after years of your own family saying to your face what a shameful burden you are, and then spending the rest of your marriage (and life) as a roommate to your "spouse."

Also, holy shit Jeff, SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Of course we all know that if it was a man who was slow and holding the tribe back, Jeff wouldn't be as vocal. But since Karishma is a female, and not a beach bunny at that, she must be called out and humiliated at every opportunity.

As a shallow man, I must say I find Dean cute, especially in that underwear, but holy shit, SHUT THE FUCK UP (as well)!! I had no idea he was a basketball player, but he was useless as usual in the challenge (okay, he did come close, I'll give him that), and then had the audacity to call himself a challenge threat to Tom later?!

I take back what I said about Tom in the premiere episode: he and his alpha-ness can leave anytime. Wasn't it him who was all, "I'm glad she's not some dress-wearing girly-girl" (or whatever) about Elaine? Yeah, because I'm sure he thinks women sign up for this show so they can parade around in dresses, full hair/make-up and heels. On a fucking beach. Which is what women do all the time, right? :eyeroll:

And then Tom leaves!! I, for one, am really enjoying the blindsides this season. The only thing better than watching someone's smug face fall when they realize it is in fact them leaving? When they leave with idols in their pockets! (Or left back at camp because they felt so safe!) HA!! Oh, my sides!!

Every time I see Tommy shirtless, all I think is how nice it would be to lay my head on his pecs for a nice nap. Yay for tall furry gingers!

I have to watch a second time, so I'm sure I'll be back with more inane drivel.

• Love 10