Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E05: Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Is Noura stuffing her bra with sponges? The way she was wringing out her boobs was just... weird.

I don’t know what it is about this season, but I just can’t get into it.  I love the diversity in casting, I love the Rob and Sandra snark, but something feels off.  I’m still waiting for things to kick into gear. Maybe next week...

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I agree with Boston Rob, again. Maybe he's growing on me after all. Those dumbdumbs will not win any challenges now.

Look, I'm sorry Karishma has reason to be whiny about her parents, and her sexless marriage (TMI), also, and I am sure this footage will improve matters all round, hahaha, but this is Survivor, not Dr Phil! Jesus, woman, do something about it, don't sit on an island not getting voted out when you should have been, over and over, moping about your sad and sorry lot. I thought Probst went easy on her during the challenges, considering. So funny, "I'm not slow, Jeff". Yes. You are. You were. And again. There also, very slow. And super clumsy.

Really disappointed they went that route, and disappointed in Janet over that, also; Tom was more valuable for them as a tribe. Everyone is thinking too many steps ahead too soon and not focusing on staying out of yet another tribal.

Edited by violet and green
mystery typo
  • Love 15

I'm happy this misogynistic idiot was voted out because I would not want to see him taken to the end.

Missy becomes more cocky by the minute.

Karishma gets hell of a lot screen time. I bet she is the ultimate final three goat.

Still think Tommy is winning, maybe Aaron will be the second. They never show bro alliances forming if they don't have an impact in the game. Sadly the girls alliance doesn't work for yet once more. So sad and pathetic.

• Love 1

Applebee's marketing department should be fired for thinking that plate of food was what would get us all excited to go there.  It looked like the pile of plate scrapings on the bus boy's cart. 

Karishma I feel your parents' shame.  The time to complain was before the arranged marriage or at least last year in divorce court, not on national TV.  Don't think only arranged marriages  end up as roommates.  Many an ordinary couple got married in a fever and were quickly cured by a few months of waking up to each other every day.  I do expect Karishma is an excellent lawyer.  Who wouldn't want her whining on their behalf?

I really don't like Dean.  I disliked the sneering way he talked about Karishma, "time to cut the fat," or made fun of Tommy's looks. Dean thought he was so smart wasting time being a detective to figure out who had masterminded the last vote, when he should have been  busy ingratiating himself with everyone.  He just seems like a cocky frat boy to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Applebee's marketing department should be fired for thinking that plate of food was what would get us all excited to go there.  It looked like the pile of plate scrapings on the bus boy's cart. 

It was a bad move if the Applebee’s marketing people had anything to do with it. If all that was paid for by the people who make Pepto Bismol, it was genius.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I hated the sand challenge, and basically didn't watch it (as stated further above as well--it really is a cruel thing to do).  And I didn't get the Applebee's thing either.  That was a restaurant more popular in the 90s and early 2000s?  I know it is still around, but I grew up and quit eating there years ago, lol!  I am pretty sure most of the contestants don't normally eat there either (except for the one that said it was her favorite restaurant).  

• Love 3

Well I sort of watched most of last nights episode.  

I have forgotten to watch the last couple, and havent bothered to go to on demand. 

This season doesn't suck...........but........am I the only one who is feeling sort of bored?  Not sure why. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LanceM said:

The best part of teh episode tonight?  No visit to Ron and Sandra's island.

Karishma is going to cockroach her way all the way to the end, isn't she? lol

I don't see the new Vokai tribe losing until we get to the merge. That tribe is stacked.

I think new Lairo's only hope for an immunity win is a huge come from behind puzzle win by Jamal.  

• Love 3

Karishma's favorite "sit-down" restaurant is Applebee's?!?  She lives in friggin' Philadelphia, which has an amazing restaurant scene, at all price levels, including amazing ethnic food.  Girl has pretty narrow horizons.  I guess she just got revenge on her parents for 10 years of shaming by shaming them for forcing her into a loveless marriage on national TV!

I just could not with the orgasmic, and prolonged, reaction to the idea of Applebee's.  I was embarrassed for all of them.

Noura: dragging Karishma in the challenge.  Girl's got amazing core strength!!  Most of that challenge I FFed through.  I just can't with the sand in the eyes/mouth/nose, etc.

I think Noura was squeezing water out of her bra -- it probably has a foam liner like so many do now.

Dean is dead to me for mocking Tommy's red hair and implying that a redhead should be a non-athletic dweeb.  I don't care if Kellee is attracted to him or not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Karishma I feel your parents' shame.  The time to complain was before the arranged marriage or at least last year in divorce court, not on national TV.  Don't think only arranged marriages  end up as roommates.  Many an ordinary couple got married in a fever and were quickly cured by a few months of waking up to each other every day.  I do expect Karishma is an excellent lawyer.  Who wouldn't want her whining on their behalf?

I really don't like Dean.  I disliked the sneering way he talked about Karishma, "time to cut the fat," or made fun of Tommy's looks. Dean thought he was so smart wasting time being a detective to figure out who had masterminded the last vote, when he should have been  busy ingratiating himself with everyone.  He just seems like a cocky frat boy to me.

I also loved Dean's, "I was a Division 1 basketball player."   He barely played for a low mid-major program.  He was more of a mascot, than a real player.  I am sure the Columbia fans chanted "We want Dean!" when they were up 20 with 3 minutes left.   

In fact, in 4 years, at Columbia, he made the same number of baskets as he made last night, two.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

First of all, I will not be Applebee's shamed here!  I could eat a plate of their boneless buffalo wings the size of my head and you cannot take that away from me. (Look, I live in an area so rural that we have to drive 40 minutes just to get to someplace as 'nice' as Applebee's, so give me a break lol.)

Respect.

I have an Applebee's nearby but I have to drive 45 minutes to get to a Taco Bell. AND I HAVE DONE SO.

I know it's shit.  I don't care 🙂

But if any of you crave Arby's, don't tell me...

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Have they even had any other reward challenges this season? Standalone ones, not combined with immunity?

I don't think so, all of the previous reward challenges (including the one where they all orgasmed over chairs) were combined with immunity.  Since there was a challenge so early in the hour it was easy to tell it was going to be reward only and I figured it would be food so the winning tribe could get to know each other post-swap.

I was waiting for the HII clue to be on a napkin or something... I feel like it's been a while since we've seen an idol clue at a food reward?  When was the last time?

2 hours ago, himela said:

Still think Tommy is winning, maybe Aaron will be the second. They never show bro alliances forming if they don't have an impact in the game. Sadly the girls alliance doesn't work for yet once more. So sad and pathetic.

Not quite true... there was the bro alliance of Dan (?) the pretty boy cop, the pro wrestler who was the Mayor of Slamtown or something like that, and nerdy Christian.  And none of them really impacted the game, unless you count Gabby getting all jelly that her pseudo non-boyfriend was talking to his buds instead of her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

I’m liking Jason and I’ve surprised myself. And am I the only one who doesn’t mind Missy?

I'm indifferent on Jason.  And I don't mind Missy... although I worry that the editing seems to be heading in the direction of portraying her as yet another stereotypical bossy black woman, which they seem to love to do.  Sigh.  I'm cringing and waiting for them to showcase her getting loud and angry.  But I think she's playing a good game.

• Love 8

Dean sucks. When he was invisible I was pretty sure he was an asshole so it's nice to have it confirmed. And whoever said his face is just not right (@Ms Blue Jay maybe?) is spot on.

I love Karishma, but I almost always love the players everyone hates. Her snapping back at Jeff in the challenge was awesome. I wish more people would tell him to shut the fuck up.

I hope Dean doesn't fuck over Kellee like he did Chelsea. There are so few people this season that I'm trying to hold onto liking and she's one of them.

I was surprised and very pleased they went with Tom. He had something borderline sexist to say every ep and I figure it would have just gotten worse. I feel like Janet might regret it though. That move benefited Kellee but not so much the others. I'm interested to see how Elaine and Elizabeth react to his outser since those 3 seemed to be pretty tight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Agree with pretty much everything here.  

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dean sucks. When he was invisible I was pretty sure he was an asshole so it's nice to have it confirmed. And whoever said his face is just not right (@Ms Blue Jay maybe?) is spot on.

LOL yup

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Keeping Karishma was just so stupid. Like BR said, they're not going to win anything now. Which means going into the merge with no numbers and each one having to scramble just to survive. And just one frown or cross word and Karishma will flip again; she's completely unreliable as an ally.

We've seen this so many times before - players thinking they're SOOOO clever by playing for the post-merge game when the moves they're making NOW mean they may well not even make it that far.

I thought Karishma was whiny and useless before, but airing your most intimate dirty laundry about your marriage and your family on national television? I thought that was utterly selfish and despicable. Any lingering good feeling I had for her is GONE.

On a lighter note....

I have a perverse affection for sponsored rewards (which we haven't seen in a while). They're a reminder that, for all the fancy trappings, Survivor is just a game show, doing what game shows have done going all the way back to radio days, which is hawk the sponsors' products. Think The Price Is Right, think Let's Make a Deal, think Queen for a Day. Sponsor rewards, especially one as tacky as this (I mean, c'mon ... Applebees!?), pierce the bubble of the show's pomposity and remind us that it's not something so new and special as much as a new twist on a very old media concept.

Edited by Gummo
Edited because "paying" =/ "playing"
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ugh, Karishma is one of the most useless players I have ever seen in this show. She is like a slug, she just lays there, literally being dragged by her teammates in both the sand and water. 

And I don’t remember seeing the old tribe do anything to “bully” her. She did not want to hang out with them and she ostracized herself. She then claimed that they shouldn’t vote her out because she was strong and could be good in challenges. 🙄

She is useless dead weight who contributes nothing in any way to the game and then whines when people realize that she is useless and contributes nothing. 

Jeff’s commentary was hilarious. Hey Karishma, here’s an idea: If you don’t want people to comment that you are slow and are dragging your team down, don’t be slow and drag your team down!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

Karishma is going to cockroach her way all the way to the end, isn't she? lol

I am here for that. The we're going to find out Mark Burnett himself kidnapped her and forced her onto the show. I know, not good rationale for the poor performances . . . but wouldn't it explain a lot?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Karishma seems to have accepted she isn't good at challenges at this point though. She told her new tribe she knew she wasn't athletic but that she would be loyal to them, which is her best bet to get further and it seems to have worked for now since they saved her.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Karishma seems to have accepted she isn't good at challenges at this point though. She told her new tribe she knew she wasn't athletic but that she would be loyal to them, which is her best bet to get further and it seems to have worked for now since they saved her.

Which is funny because just two episodes or so ago, she was defiantly defending her athletic strength... "I'm five foot nine and solid and strong".  I guess it was too obvious to everyone that she completely sucked in both of these challenges that she didn't even make any excuses.  I was half expecting her to say "oh the reward challenge was in the water and I am not good in the water but I am strong on land".  Then with the immunity challenge "oh well it was in the sand and my boobs are too big so it was really uncomfortable having them pressed up against the hot sand".  But I guess she's going full on with the "I'm weak and won't be a threat for individual immunity so keep me around and I'll be a solid vote with you".  Ugh.

I am surprised at some of the day jobs / background of some of these people.  Dean went to Columbia, an Ivy League school.  Even if he got in because of basketball, you still have to be fairly intelligent to be considered, and then maintain your grades.  Karishma is an attorney and yet has no idea about keeping things to herself.  And most shockingly, I believe Noura said the other week that she used to be a CPA.  An accountant is someone who is typically very observant and pays attention to details.  Noura seems way too scatterbrained, which I guess perhaps explains why she no longer is one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Which is funny because just two episodes or so ago, she was defiantly defending her athletic strength... "I'm five foot nine and solid and strong".

You gotta offer something to your tribe.  She is not athletic, she is bad socially, clueless strategically, and not valuable with camp life/chores.  One wonders why she even wanted to be on Survivor and why they would cast her.  She is so sad-sack and pathetic, I find it hard to believe she is an effective lawyer -- she just seems so depressed.   Which I guess makes me feel bad now.

Thanks for nothing, TPTB!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dean's broken face fascinates me.  His face is like supposed to be handsome, but it's kind of broken?  Like something's amiss?  t's like he's Tom Hardy, but something's off?  It's like he's Logan Marshall Green?  I don't know.  It's weird, right?

I was noticing that as well, and I think it’s because Dean’s face is so... featureless as to approach artificiality.  Unmarked by wrinkles or blemishes to the point Dean’s face looks - unfinished, more like an anime pencil drawing than real life.  And it’s not exactly an appealing quality.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It was a little weird how happy Tommy was to parrot the ad copy.  He was like the star of a commercial.  It was over the top.

Simple; the more you extoll the virtues of the product placement du jour, the more screen time your THs will get.  That goes back to the first sponsored reward challenge - which, IIRC, was Outback. 🙂 

9 hours ago, BK1978 said:

When [Noura] did that [laugh]I thought she might have that medical problem where you laugh for no reason.  

Kuru?  Not unless Noura is a cannibal who accidentally ingested some infected brain tissue. I don’t really care that much for Noura, but slapping THAT label on her is going a bit far even for me.  😄 

Edited by Nashville
Hit ‘Enter’ too soon
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I was noticing that as well, and I think it’s because Dean’s face is so... featureless as to approach artificiality.  Unmarked by wrinkles or blemishes to the point Dean’s face looks - unfinished, more like an anime pencil drawing than real life.  And it’s not exactly an appealing quality.

I think it's just a matter of asymmetry.  Like each side of his face is good-looking on its own, but together they seem askew.  It has the look of a handsome face that was in the boxing ring too much.

25 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Kuru?  Not unless Noura is a cannibal who accidentally ingested some infected brain tissue. I don’t really care that much for Noura, but slapping THAT label on her is going a bit far even for me.  😄 

HAHA!  I think the original poster was referring to Tourette's or Pseudobulbar disorder.

Edited by Special K
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Karishma, but I almost always love the players everyone hates. Her snapping back at Jeff in the challenge was awesome. I wish more people would tell him to shut the fuck up.

I hope Dean doesn't fuck over Kellee like he did Chelsea. There are so few people this season that I'm trying to hold onto liking and she's one of them.

I was surprised and very pleased they went with Tom. He had something borderline sexist to say every ep and I figure it would have just gotten worse. I feel like Janet might regret it though. That move benefited Kellee but not so much the others. I'm interested to see how Elaine and Elizabeth react to his outser since those 3 seemed to be pretty tight.

I didn't like Dean much after hearing his pre-show interview with Josh Wigler.  He seemed arrogant and used an f bomb every other sentence.  

I can't stand Karishma.  She is so incompetent, annoying, obnoxious, judgmental and self-absorbed.  Seeing her paired with Noura made me think Noura isn't all that bad, in comparison.   At least Noura works hard around camp and tries in challenges.   

I wish that when Jeff said she was moving slowly and she said, "No, I'm not!", he had replied, "Yes, you are."   

Tom joked about getting beat by a girl in something.  If that passes as "sexist" for a 60 year old, former hockey player, I don't know what to say.    

I like Kellee as well, and I am hoping she doesn't get Dean's stink on her, the way Chelsea did.   

Dean's one good moment was when he challenged Karishma at TC about having a savior, in original Lairo, who she was indebted to.  I don't know why he didn't just name Missy, though.  

I wonder why they kept Dean.  Do they think he will be better in challenges than Tom, or do they think he is such a douchebag that they don't see him as a social threat, like the more likable Tom might be?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, violet and green said:

I agree with Boston Rob, again. Maybe he's growing on me after all. Those dumbdumbs will not win any challenges now.

Look, I'm sorry Karishma has reason to be whiny about her parents, and her sexless marriage (TMI), also, and I am sure this footage will improve matters all round, hahaha, but this is Survivor, not Dr Phil! Jesus, woman, do something about it, don't sit on an island not getting voted out when you should have been, over and over, moping about your sad and sorry lot. I thought Probst went easy on her during the challenges, considering. So funny, "I'm not slow, Jeff". Yes. You are. You were. And again. There also, very slow. And super clumsy.

Really disappointed they went that route, and disappointed in Janet over that, also; Tom was more valuable for them as a tribe. Everyone is thinking too many steps ahead too soon and not focusing on staying out of yet another tribal.

Karishma bringing up her marriage was really unfair to her husband.  Imagine if a guy complained about his sexless marriage?

I agree that the players are getting way too far ahead of themselves.  What use is it to have the "right" people with you at the merge, if you don't make the merge because you get destroyed in every challenge?  

Janet might just have been going along with the group in voting for Tom.  Voting out Karishma or Dean would be a better choice, but the difference, to her, is probably not worth fighting the tribe over.  

• Love 6

Something Karishma said...her family ragged on her for being a burden for a decade before she gave in and got married... isn't she a lawyer?  Couldn't she pay her own way?   Maybe I misunderstood?

Also, there is bonding and there is over-sharing.  Talking about how you were more or less shamed/forced into an arranged marriage that is making you miserable on tv, especially when you aren't on a show about relationships... was not a good idea.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Dean's one good moment was when he challenged Karishma at TC about having a savior, in original Lairo, who she was indebted to.  I don't know why he didn't just name Missy, though. 

My guess is he was trying to be kept over Karishma - and that was a good move - but didn't see the need to annoy the ones he's trying to persuade to not vote for him.

4 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Well I sort of watched most of last nights episode.  

I have forgotten to watch the last couple, and havent bothered to go to on demand. 

This season doesn't suck...........but........am I the only one who is feeling sort of bored?  Not sure why. 

I feel that way, too. It's not compelling right now. Except I think I want Nora to go far.

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Voting out Karishma or Dean would be a better choice, but the difference, to her, is probably not worth fighting the tribe over.  

I think they, probably rightly, surmised that Tom was the one with the closest ties to his original tribe, and, of the three, the most likely to re-align with his old tribemates after the merge.  They know Karishma despises her old tribe, and Dean was the collateral damage of an epic blindside, so.

But I also agree with Boston Rob that they're going to keep losing challenges.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I’m liking Jason and I’ve surprised myself. And am I the only one who doesn’t mind Missy?

Cant stand that way too arrogant bitch. Slow your roll honey. "  I took your girlfriend out deal with it. " he shouldn't bite the hand that feeds him" STFU Missy you wouldnt like it if it happened too you. Keep stabbing allies that wouldve been loyal to you in the back and see what it gets you . Praying a blindside comes her and Aaron's way. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm indifferent on Jason.  And I don't mind Missy... although I worry that the editing seems to be heading in the direction of portraying her as yet another stereotypical bossy black woman, which they seem to love to do.  Sigh.  I'm cringing and waiting for them to showcase her getting loud and angry.  But I think she's playing a good game.

I don't think planning to backstab the rest of her tribe with Aaron is smart. If Orignal Vokai stays strong her and Aaroj are targeted at merge and Frankly I hope they are 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Something Karishma said...her family ragged on her for being a burden for a decade before she gave in and got married... isn't she a lawyer?  Couldn't she pay her own way?   Maybe I misunderstood?

Assuming Karishma actually is a lawyer, nothing she’s said/done to date would necessarily indicate she’s a good lawyer. 😉 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Special K said:

Karishma's favorite "sit-down" restaurant is Applebee's?!?  She lives in friggin' Philadelphia, which has an amazing restaurant scene, at all price levels, including amazing ethnic food.  Girl has pretty narrow horizons.  I guess she just got revenge on her parents for 10 years of shaming by shaming them for forcing her into a loveless marriage on national TV!

I just could not with the orgasmic, and prolonged, reaction to the idea of Applebee's.  I was embarrassed for all of them.

Noura: dragging Karishma in the challenge.  Girl's got amazing core strength!!  Most of that challenge I FFed through.  I just can't with the sand in the eyes/mouth/nose, etc.

I think Noura was squeezing water out of her bra -- it probably has a foam liner like so many do now.

Dean is dead to me for mocking Tommy's red hair and implying that a redhead should be a non-athletic dweeb.  I don't care if Kellee is attracted to him or not.

Is that you, Karishma?

BTW, the redheaded, non-athletic dweeb shot better than 2 Division 1 basketball players.

Missy played for the Air Force Acadamy and was a lot better than Dean, and an inch taller.

https://goairforcefalcons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6166

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dean-kowalski-1.html

Here is Dean's HS highlight reel, which mainly consists of him passing the ball to much larger and better players.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Assuming Karishma actually is a lawyer, nothing she’s said/done to date would necessarily indicate she’s a good lawyer. 😉 

What do you call the person who finishes last in the class in Medical School?

Doctor

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I really hate when they swap tribes after only four episodes. It would be one thing if they started out with 16 players like in the olden days but when they start with 20 altogether I haven't even learned all of their names yet or which tribes they are on to begin with. So I have no investment in where anyone winds up or with who. I don't even know the tribe names anymore, I still call them Blue Tribe and Orange Tribe or whatever color they're wearing. I just don't see the point.

Hey Survivor, here's an idea for your next gimmick/twist: go back to playing like you did in Season 1. Remember that? You didn't have to swap tribes or do ads for Applebees or hand out hidden idols to everyone like they were candy. And guess what? People still watched the show! In fact, a lot more people then than now!

It was a little weird how happy Tommy was to parrot the ad copy.  He was like the star of a commercial.  It was over the top.

Hey, I actually like Applebees and I was embarrassed how the players had to play along with this blatant commercialization. It did in fact seem as though Tommy and the other talking heads extolling the virtues of Applebees were reading off of cue cards or auditioning for a commercial. 

The best part of teh episode tonight?  No visit to Rob and Sandra's island.

Without the weekly player visit to IotI it just made their little peanut gallery commentary seem even more pointless. And I'm so tired of everyone pretending they don't all know about them by this point. God this show has gotten so pretentious. 

• Love 7

That sold me! 

The next time I cut my thumb slicing tomatoes? Better call Karishma. 

I can already hear her telling the jury how much I suffered, the traumatic moment when I "saw the bone," the nightmares I've had over possibly passing out in the middle of the street and if that doesn't work she can add in the heartbreaking story of how my husband and son kept right on watching TV while I lost tears and lifeblood into the sink.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Here is her profile from the law firm she works for.  

https://www.jimadler.com/about-us/lawyers/karishma-sandesara/

"Karishma was inspired by a family of very strong, fearless and ambitious women.”  

"Strong and fearless" yet each and every one of them couldn't break the chain of arranged marriages.

She was “taught to be a leader and take control to solve problems.” 

Nonsense, Karishma. You were an adult with a decent living who couldn't say no to mommy and daddy. People in control choose their own life-partners.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Special K said:

One wonders why she even wanted to be on Survivor and why they would cast her.  

Karishma's different than what we're used to on this show, I think.  At least I like that aspect.

I have sympathy for her because I have this fantasy of going on the show but who knows how it actually is?  I can be such a brat.  I'd 100x rather be in a hotel than go camping.  In fact I will never go camping again.  LOL.  Yet I want to do this show which sounds so stupid.  I ALWAYS get culture shock no matter where I go, (it's not about different cultures, it's like anytime I move, even down the street, or go anywhere, like on a work trip) I HATE change, I think I'm physically weak… LOL I could go on and on.  

I don't want to watch the sand thing again.  What made it so difficult?  Is that a stupid question?  Why was she just laying there?  Noura was like Wonder Woman.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
Just now, Kenzie said:

"Karishma was inspired by a family of very strong, fearless and ambitious women.”  

"Strong and fearless" yet each and every one of them couldn't break the chain of arranged marriages.

She was “taught to be a leader and take control to solve problems.” 

Nonsense, Karishma. You were an adult with a decent living who couldn't say no to mommy and daddy. People in control choose their own life-partners.

Exactly!  If she was 18 or 20 when her parents coerced her into an arranged marriage, I would have sympathy for her.   But, apparently she was about 35 and had been an attorney for about 10 years.   

• Love 4
On 10/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, DEL901 said:

The burden is bringing shame to your family for being an unmarried woman.  I think a lot of women feel like this or are made to feel like this.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Something besides that she's obviously bad in challenges has really gotten under his skin about Karishma being on "his show", he has a real disdain for her and it's quite distracting. I mean he hates her more than he loves his all-american super sporty types. It's odd.

I think part of it is that she's not just useless, she's not a competitor. You don't get the feeling that she's giving it her all and putting every ounce of energy on the line, she is just there, just fumbling through, and then making excuses. To me that is more annoying than her physical shortcomings at challenges.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

I think part of it is that she's not just useless, she's not a competitor. You don't get the feeling that she's giving it her all and putting every ounce of energy on the line, she is just there, just fumbling through, and then making excuses. To me that is more annoying than her physical shortcomings at challenges.

Good observation.   Probst has sometimes encouraged physically weak players, who tried hard.   I think it is her attitude and lack of effort that irk him. 

• Love 12