Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: The Art of Fashion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, terrymct said:

I do agree with you about Hester.  As she's getting more and more tired, her stupid affectations are falling away. 

And her hair is getting greasier!  Does she spend so much time putting her outfits together that she can't be bothered with basic hygiene? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm a little conflicted about designers like Hesther vs. designers like Tessa.  They are both quirky but in opposite directions and I'm not clear about why Hesther's quirkiness is better received than Tessa's.  Color vs. a muted pallet doesn't seem enough.

I guess the one thing might be that Hesther's designs are a smidge thought-provoking whereas Tessa's are safe, as the judges have noted.

You know, I think it's because Tessa's designs tend to skew older.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I must have completely lost my mind because I loved Cardi B’s hair. 

I loved when Christian asked her if she would wear the top Hester made & she just looked at it, shook her head, & said "nooo" like Hester wasn't standing right there.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

or perhaps Kini's umbrella dress

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/545005992390473950/

I thought of Kini’s too.  I was with Brandon in the amazement that he was able to anchor all that stuff on tulle. 

I feel like this isn’t the first time we’ve seen Nina gush about someone she thought was “new” and “fresh” and “amazing” that also seemed very emperor has no clothes.  I can’t put. My finger on who it was though. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Of course corsets aren’t Garo’s invention, but his corsets do have a certain look that is unique to him. That’s why I wish I could share a photo of this dress, because it was obvious that Lela at least took inspiration from Garo’s work. 

Maybe it's because I am familiar with a lot of burlesque dancers, but his corsets don't look very distinctive to me. They look like what many performers wear.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Trying to take things to the next level. I wish they had more designers who have already had some success, I think it would make for better work and better competition. Maybe a separate show for folks just starting out?

I’ll take a Project Runway Masters over another Juniors any day of the week. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Aretha Franklin also had one of her bigger hits in the 70's with it.  But I'm not sure younger people would know it.  I was surprised that Bishme didn't acknowledge Tupac.

Its a well known pop standard and has been recorded dozens of times. I'm not complaining, but the lack of cultural literacy just struck me. I know I'm old, and these guys are, well, not old, but to me it was glaring. It reminds me of when I was reading a book about Joni Mitchell and the writer was waxing ecstatic about her original turn of phrase in "That Song About the Midway" when she sings "and you stood out like a ruby in a black man's ear"--which she lifted directly from Romeo and Juliet ("It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night Like a rich jewel in an Ethiop's ear") by some guy named William Shakespeare! To me its in the realm of "things everyone knows". Guess not!

I don't mind Hester at all, it turns out. I've been digging her nuttiness and her absolute dedication to her wacky vision. She actually seems like a warm and down to earth person under it all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I don't mind Hester at all, it turns out. I've been digging her nuttiness and her absolute dedication to her wacky vision. She actually seems like a warm and down to earth person under it all.

Gotta say same. She drove me bananas at first, and looking at her whackadoodle personal outfits is still exhausting sometimes, but I've really grown to like her personality. She seems genuinely nice and humble, and I think it's telling that the other designers really seem to like her as well. Do I want her to win? Probably not, unless her collection unexpectedly wows me, but I'm pleasantly surprised to be fine with her being in the final four.

• Love 15

With Hester and with some other designers as well, I am in disbelief about how much *work* they have to do just to wear their own clothes. Someone upthread mentioned Hester's carefully placed beret. Last night I kept thinking, Hey Bishme--take off your coat and stay a while! Physically it seems like designing (and cutting and sewing) in a leather jacket would be challenging! 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, millennium said:

FWIW, I think both Tessa and Hester should have been eliminated.  Their work, similar in different ways for being unfinished, unimaginative, etc., is equally bad.   Where others regard Tessa as a bitch, I see her as someone who has probably had to scratch and claw for any recognition or break she ever got.  Short, kind of mousey,  I can understand why Tessa found Hester so galling.   Both have very little talent, but Hester managed to bedazzle the judges with her "fugitive from Candyland" persona, while Tessa had only her work to speak for her.   It must have been crushing to be sent home while Lunette gets to carry on.

Very well said. 

I get the feeling that Hester comes from money and has had an relatively easy ride.  There's no way she's been supporting herself with the shit she creates.  Tessa has a chip on her shoulder and that could be a result of seeing fools like Hester get over while she doesn't.  It's unfortunate that Tessa doesn't have the awareness to realize that sometimes you have to play the game to get ahead.

I hope Hester has promised a kidney or her first born to her model (sorry don't know her name).  That woman has saved Hester's ass time and time again by making the shit Hester creates look fun and charming by virtue of her (the model's) personality (and her killer booty).  If Hester has any sense at all (and I don't think she does) she'll book this model and only this model (unless she has a twin or equally gorgeous relatives) to show her collection.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I thought of Kini’s too.  I was with Brandon in the amazement that he was able to anchor all that stuff on tulle. 

I feel like this isn’t the first time we’ve seen Nina gush about someone she thought was “new” and “fresh” and “amazing” that also seemed very emperor has no clothes.  I can’t put. My finger on who it was though. 

Probably Gretchen or Erin.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Very well said. 

I get the feeling that Hester comes from money and has had an relatively easy ride.  There's no way she's been supporting herself with the shit she creates.  Tessa has a chip on her shoulder and that could be a result of seeing fools like Hester get over while she doesn't.  It's unfortunate that Tessa doesn't have the awareness to realize that sometimes you have to play the game to get ahead.

I hope Hester has promised a kidney or her first born to her model (sorry don't know her name).  That woman has saved Hester's ass time and time again by making the shit Hester creates look fun and charming by virtue of her (the model's) personality (and her killer booty).  If Hester has any sense at all (and I don't think she does) she'll book this model and only this model (unless she has a twin or equally gorgeous relatives) to show her collection.

That model sold it this week.   She was a joy to watch.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, little black cloud said:

You know, I think it's because Tessa's designs tend to skew older.

I winced every time Tessa cited her mother the ceramicist as her inspiration.   Also when the camera panned in on the wet clay spattering all over Tessa's design.   I thought "Your slip is showing." (bad ceramics pun, lol)

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Yes, agreed.  Thank you, Brandon!  This whole "story" thing, or "Who's your girl?" as Georgina was so fond of asking, is so pretentious and unnecessary.  Isn't it enough that a designer had an idea for a beautiful design and was able to execute it?  And maybe a potential customer doesn't want a "story" imposed on their new garment.  Isn't the point that they make their own story from their experiences wearing it?  Aren't you pigeonholing your client base with all this folderal?  Get over yourselves, people.  As someone (Santino) wiser than I said, "It's just fashion."

I agree, too.    Who buys a dress or outfit wondering what story the designer had in mind?  The only purpose it would seem to serve is to furnish fodder for an ad agency or fashion editor who has to find an angle -- or story, if you will -- to sell the design to the public.

• Love 11

In my opinion, unfinished hems are ugly, whether they are inspired by Wabi-Sabi or not. If you need that much explanation as to why clothes look the way they do, you've already walked away because the odd button or unfinished hem, or whatever is unappealing and you don't want to look like a hot mess. You're not going to explain your garment to people -- "yes, I know that my buttons are crooked and I am missing a buttonhole and my sleeves have no hem, but this top is inspired by the Wabi-Sabi, which is the appreciation of imperfection." 

The inspiration shouldn't be that elusive that you need to explain it. 

I think Tessa is very insecure, which is why she ripped on every other designer. It's how she makes herself feel better. She was worried about everyone else and she needed to put them down to raise herself up. My sister is like that. She is a talented person, but she tends to be very critical of others to boost her own self confidence. 

Hester grew on me too. I think because Tessa became so much more unbearable and Hester is really harmless. I wish she wouldn't stoop or droop her head. That drives me crazy. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, kicksave said:

Garo always does a corset...every challenge he has done a corset...I remember in past PR seasons designers were criticized and sometimes sent home for doing the same thing over and over again. His entire garment in every challenge is designed around a corset. What has happened to the critical aspect of this show? 

This ^^^.  While I like Garo, he was a bit of a "one trick pony" relying on his corsets.  I liked everything he did, never had an unfinished garment like others (I'm looking at you Tessa)  I'm also not sure why he was there - he has a very successful career already, so not sure if he was playing on same level as the others.  Again, I have nothing against him and am glad he made it but it would be nice to see something that didn't rely on corsets.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

In my opinion, unfinished hems are ugly, whether they are inspired by Wabi-Sabi or not. If you need that much explanation as to why clothes look the way they do, you've already walked away because the odd button or unfinished hem, or whatever is unappealing and you don't want to look like a hot mess. You're not going to explain your garment to people -- "yes, I know that my buttons are crooked and I am missing a buttonhole and my sleeves have no hem, but this top is inspired by the Wabi-Sabi, which is the appreciation of imperfection." 

The inspiration shouldn't be that elusive that you need to explain it. 

I think Tessa is very insecure, which is why she ripped on every other designer. It's how she makes herself feel better. She was worried about everyone else and she needed to put them down to raise herself up. My sister is like that. She is a talented person, but she tends to be very critical of others to boost her own self confidence. 

Hester grew on me too. I think because Tessa became so much more unbearable and Hester is really harmless. I wish she wouldn't stoop or droop her head. That drives me crazy. 

Good points about Tessa, but, I also wonder if Hester is not very insecure.  She has actually admitted it on the show.  I suspect that may be why she distracts from herself with the bizarre clothing and accessories.  It's like she doesn't want anyone to see the real her. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I think that's why I was so amused by the guest judge looking down her nose and saying Hester's clothes are not marketable, and Karlie going "but, but, but....she's won three challenges!" Also, Cardi B's distinctive "No." when asked if she would wear it. I think the real world check shows how ridiculous some of the judging is - it's absolute nonsense and there is really no justification for Hester to be there over some others. It makes them look stupid, and for me, particularly Elaine who has championed Hester and Jamall while turning her nose up at Sebastian. I kind of loved it all. That guest judge should replace Elaine. Common sense: imagine that!!!!

Elaine seems to be getting a lot of criticism, mostly for not weeping uncontrollably every time Sebastian sends something down the runway.  I don't believe her opinion matters that much.  She's a newbie.  ALL the judges have ignored Sebastian for most of the run of this show, including most of the guest judges. 

The people who went into raptures over Hester from the very beginning were Brandon and Nina.  I hadn't heard of Brandon Maxwell before this show, so the first time he started gushing about Hester, I wondered 'where did they get this idiot?'.  I was surprised when I discovered he was a well known designer because I couldn't understand how he could possibly think Hester was any good at all.  I've had a hard time buying ANYTHING Brandon says because he's been so ride or die for Hester.

I got the feeling that Nina wanted to appear to be 'cool', which was strange because she'd never seemed to care before.  Maybe it's because they really want to sell this new version of Project Runway and they think Hester appeals to a new demographic.

As for Elaine, considering that she comes from Teen Vogue, it makes some sense why she might like Hester since her career is working with teenagers, even though liking Hester makes no fucking sense to me at all.

Personally, I think the fix has been in for Hester from the very beginning and they've kept her around because they thought she would attract an audience.  Either that or neither Brandon, Nina or Elaine belong in the fashion industry.  The reaction of the judge from Bergdorff Goodman was proof of that.  One glance at Hester's stuff and she reached for the barf bag.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you think that Hester dresses that way for the cameras or that she really does go out of the house like that for funerals, weddings, job interviews, doctor appointments, etc. ?  I'm pretty open minded, but, to me, she's a walking billboard that says:  "DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY."   

Maybe to clown funerals 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, carrps said:

Honestly. One of Nina's primary go-to's was "too juvenile" "too junior."

Nina has said more than once that she finds Hester's designs to be joyful. I saw it in the "picnic table" dress, but not so much afterward. Acting as an armchair psychiatrist, I wonder if Nina's recent health issues are affecting her outlook on the designs.

10 hours ago, kicksave said:

Garo always does a corset...every challenge he has done a corset...I remember in past PR seasons designers were criticized and sometimes sent home for doing the same thing over and over again. His entire garment in every challenge is designed around a corset. What has happened to the critical aspect of this show? 

Corsets are Garo's area of expertise, and he mostly does them beautifully. You're right that contestants on PR have been criticized for not reaching outside their comfort zones; they've also been praised for having a strong, recognizable point of view. His negative critiques, iirc, are that his looks veer to costume instead of wearable (even though "wearable" has been a somewhat sneering negative critique of many a past contestant). Sebastian, who I tend to think should win this season, has also done many looks that have a distinct structural style, but perhaps since he's been in "safe" limbo instead of top or bottom, has escaped criticism of his looks being repetitive. 

9 hours ago, cpcathy said:

When I saw Tessa's collection of designs, wow, I just thought....sad. Like she wants to design for Handmaid's Tale. Imagine a runway show of sad Puritan ladies.

I guess Tessa could do a runway of looks for the Aunts, who are probably mostly believers and who I think wear brown, or the Marthas, who are slaves, not believers, and who wear gray. The Handmaids wear red, and the Wives wear teal (or green or blue, another "what color do you see on your tv" debate), so that would be way too much color for our No Hem Tessa. 

5 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

I think much less of Elaine because of this. She's supposed to be the judge who brings the social awareness of how the industry needs to be more inclusive of marginalized designers. Both because it's the right thing to do and because so much talent is wasted. Sebastian should get her respect for his work alone but that she is apparently unimpressed by his tenacity as an immigrant doing domestic work, as a gay man of color, and as someone who has ESL (English as a Second Language) - WTF?

I may not agree with Elaine, but she doesn't have any obligation to support Sebastian solely because of his nationality, race, sexual orientation, potential language barrier, or crappy job. I don't get her apparent distaste for his work, but she isn't required to like it because she is also a person of color. 

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 11
(edited)

I felt bad for Sebastian’s meltdown at the thought of creating a room and a story in that short amount of time. He deigns clothing that speaks for itself and is just beautiful and makes an impact, simple as that. And yes the story can be: I want the woman I dress to look fabulous, thanks Brandon! 

Sebastians creative consultant didn’t seem very creative at all and didn’t really help Sebastian flesh out his Greek palace idea. I like what someone said upthread about his model and how she could’ve been one of the columns come to life. His model was in the foreground of the room, and everyone could see the beauty of the dress and how well made it was. Whereas Tessa’s model was in the background and seemed hidden in her boring kimono type dress, nothing modern about that and her dress was just dull. Tessa definitely deserved to go. Hester’s collection is going to hurt my eyes, I just know it.

Edited by Kdel1079
  • Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Thumper said:

I was concerned that CardiB (sp?) was going to influence the judging.  

I was concerned that she was going to keep on speaking.  Does anyone in the world find that voice attractive?

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 3:37 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've seen Sebastian's dress before.   Can anyone help me with the reference I'm thinking of?

lampshade.thumb.jpg.e8701156d8828074a318ff3a009f9662.jpg

I kid. I love Sebastian.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:12 AM, Emkat said:

I know we don't all agree on this but I still don't get it...

Garo has a longstanding career in fashion AND a storefront for his clothing/costumes/corsets AND celebrity clientele AND has had magazine spreads and ad campaigns AND has been on TV shows before. 

So what exactly is he doing here?

As Charles Montgomery Burns once said when Homer Simpson commented on his vast fortune: "Ah yes, but I'd trade it all for a little more".

Edited by Fake Jan Brady
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Lovecat said:

And her hair is getting greasier!  Does she spend so much time putting her outfits together that she can't be bothered with basic hygiene? 

I didn’t notice this with Hester but Tessa definitely looked greasy. I have been cringing at how editing makes it look like the designers sleep in their clothes and roll out of bed and out the door.  Maybe some of them really do this. Gross.  

Edited by Tabbygirl521
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Cardi B's distinctive "No." when asked if she would wear it. I think the real world check shows how ridiculous some of the judging is 

I’m not sure Carli B’s opinion counts as a “real world check”.

I can’t believe I’m about to defend Hester considering how many eye-roll spasms she’s caused me, but I definitely think she belongs in the finals. While her clothes are not my taste, she does have a cohesive vision, and an aesthetic that makes her unique. Not many designers, especially at this stage, can say that. I don’t usually like her designs, but I appreciate the imagination that goes into them. Not all designers are meant for the masses. Sometimes just being provocative has value.

I think Brandon was drunk at the exhibition.

21 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tessa made the ugliest outfit of the week. Talk about FUG. Aside from how ugly it was, the design concept was terrible. It looked like something a kid would make. The horrible skirt was just a chunkier version of what she made last week (before she cut off the fabric). 

But she just wanted to show us she could finish it! (See what I did there? 😉)

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I may not agree with Elaine, but she doesn't have any obligation to support Sebastian solely because of his nationality, race, sexual orientation, potential language barrier, or crappy job. I don't get her apparent distaste for his work, but she isn't required to like it because she is also a person of color. 

My point is that Elaine is inconsistent in applying for what I understood from her to be a core value in her work. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

Sebastians creative consultant didn’t seem very creative at all and didn’t really help Sebastian flesh out his Greek palace idea.

I completely agree. When the challenge was first presented I didn't even know what the hell they were talking about and I felt extremely sorry for the contestants. Fortunately for them, most of them got into it and had ideas. Poor Sebastian-- that would have been me. And you're right-- there was no back and forth with the designer-- no bouncing ideas at all. And what the hell with those flowers on the columns???? What said "palace" in that?

I thought the evolution of the "jetsons getting dressed" into the arms through the wall was pretty cool.

• Love 7

To me, Greek palace -- there could have been ivy maybe, not giant flowers. Certainly not yellow and purple. Upthread someone said maybe Sebastian was trying to say gold, not yellow. That would have made more sense. 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

My point is that Elaine is inconsistent in applying for what I understood from her to be a core value in her work. 

I understand. This definitely brings up a larger point. I think it's a failure for the show to try to position a "permanent" judge in a "social justice warrior" role, or any role other than fashion industry professional, when the bottom line is that he or she should like (or not like) each designer's creations on their own merit. The show ought not create an expectation that any judge will favor one contestant over another because of social issues and not the work.

All of the judges are always inconsistent to some degree, I think it's natural because the whole process is totally subjective. It can be frustrating. For example, I love Nina but her adoration of Hester's work is baffling to me, because it seems to be something she would have been appalled by in the past.

Well, wait, I guess Heidi was consistent. If it was low cut up top and super short on the bottom, she liked it.😉

Edited by Ashforth
clarity, I hope
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Brookside said:

I was concerned that she was going to keep on speaking.  Does anyone in the world find that voice attractive?

I found her voice and her comments annoying.  Her hair looked great, though.

Back to Tessa - I think Tessa she is kind of a bullshit artist.  Wasn't it only the week before she said the unfinished seams were a time issue? Now this week it's wabi-sabi.  I would suspect editing but Brandon said something about why didn't they hear that several challenges ago.   If she were specifically going for that, it would have been mentioned before now.

45 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I love Nina but her adoration of Hester's work is baffling to me, because it seems to be something she would have been appalled by in the past.

I keep remembering Nina telling Santino "it's aesthetically NOT pleasing!!" and waiting for her to say something similar to Hester but I guess I'm not going to, hee. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've seen Sebastian's dress before.   Can anyone help me with the reference I'm thinking of?

I think I've seen it also.  Could it have been from The Great Britain Sewing Bee?

(edited)
1 hour ago, la11 said:

I think I've seen it also.  Could it have been from The Great Britain Sewing Bee?

Haven't seen that show! ☹️ 🤷‍♂️

I took a picture of his dress pre-belt.  I got to say, I think it is so beautiful even though Sebastian hated it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 11 - 2.jpg

Here's the dress with the belt

smaller nzo-Site-18.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Hester will not need that much time or money for her collection. Pasties and tulle or see through skirts wont take much 😀

She needs that much money because she has to buy too much of the fabric and ruin it by cutting it all up into pieces that are too small to use in whatever final design she comes up with a day before the garments are due.

I may be a boring dresser, but for the most part, I liked Tessa's designs -- except for the one she won with because (I vaguely recall) it had an open back, and I do not do open backs. I guess I like minimalism and lots of black, white and cream in clothes, although I use jewelry to add color and she doesn't seem to do so.

Speaking of jewelry, I like the brooch that Sebastian has been wearing.

I also think that probably every designer has had talking head interviews in which they discussed what they really thought about the others' designs and said what they didn't like about them, but the producers used mostly Tessa's because that's the story they wanted to tell.

• Love 13

Does anyone else get the impression that Sebastian is the fastest sewer in this group? Editing didn’t focus on it but he’s always seen able to help other people and his garments are mostly completed by the second fitting. I just rewatched the last episode and even this complex dress was fairly ready for Mimi until he had to fix it because of the fabric weight issues. 

• Love 5

When they showed Tessa's collection throughout the season so far, my first thought was, "my god, what kind of boring, humourless person creates such a dull collection".  She is just so miserable and it's reflected in her clothes.  So glad that she's gone.

I did love the guest judge, the older lady whose name I can't remember.  The look on her face when looking at Hester's clothes!!!  Priceless!  And the look when the other judges were praising them!  Awesome.  So glad that someone on this show finally reacted in a normal way to Hester's clothes.

I like Sebastian's clothes, and want him to win, but I don't understand him as a person.  He doesn't seem to be able to express himself at all, in English or in Spanish, and can't seem to have a coherent thought.  I did, however, enjoy someone finally making the point that the STORY is pointless and the clothes are what's important!

• Love 8

Immediately thought of Kini's iconic umbrella dress when I saw Sabastian's.

Immediately thought of Taylor Swift in a music video when I saw Garo's.

I think Bishme is over-rated. I mean, that was a LOT of rose gold, but I'm glad he's through. 

Hester I just don't think about! 

• Love 3

What has my life become that I end up rooting for Hester to make it to the finals just so Tessa would not? I really dislike Tessa for the way she treats her models who aren’t a size zero and particularly the way she treated her service worker model who loved pink. I don’t see how Tessa would ever be able to take on private clients because I don’t think she would ever try to give them what they actually want instead of her own dark, brining vision.

I live in California and people pretty much wear everything here. I have only seen Hester’s style of clothes when an Anime convention is going on and people are in costume. I don’t see how she could make a living making those type of clothes, especially in New Mexico, when I don’t  think she would be able to do it here.

I am fine with whoever wins as long as it isn’t Hester. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Ive always liked Christian BUT I’ve grown to love him. Never thought anybody would be a better mentor than Tim Gunn but, clearly, I was wrong.  Christian saved the day for many of these designers over the course of the competition.  He’s quietly suggested different fabrics, color choices, additions or deletions to garments, (almost without them realizing it) and overall caring and concern for all of them.  I realize editing comes into play but it felt to me that Christian knew how much to guide and when to walk away.

Mega-dittos!

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

ve always liked Christian BUT I’ve grown to love him. Never thought anybody would be a better mentor than Tim Gunn

Too often Gunn would just criticize something (rightfully) then say his signature phrase. A few constructive suggestions can really help!

• Love 7
On 5/31/2019 at 2:26 AM, kirklandia said:

Cultural literacy check.

No one acknowledged Tupac?

96FF35FE-F984-43D3-9F7D-2C76AF2F0133.jpeg

First thing I thought. 

I'd be good with any of the three men winning but I'd prefer Bishme. Hester's shit is ugly and IMO there's a HUGE drop in skill level there - Bishme, Garo, and Sebastian are just far more skilled than she (and Tessa) is. 

Thank God Tessa is gone. (I peeped that shade about her unfinished hems, Brandon. Not complaining - she deserved it.)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m not sure Carli B’s opinion counts as a “real world check”.

Ha! Too true, but I just meant other people outside the judges. I definitely feel like Karlie was flabbergasted that the guest judge was so down on Hester when they all are acting like she’s some kind of genius. Honestly, I cannot fathom what she is still doing in this competition. For me, she made one good thing all season - the picnic outfit from her first win. I didn’t think she deserved the other two wins at all, and I really hated what she made when she had immunity to the point both outfits looked like a joke. The Cardi B exchange was just icing on the cake. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, carrps said:
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

Ive always liked Christian BUT I’ve grown to love him. Never thought anybody would be a better mentor than Tim Gunn but, clearly, I was wrong.  Christian saved the day for many of these designers over the course of the competition.  He’s quietly suggested different fabrics, color choices, additions or deletions to garments, (almost without them realizing it) and overall caring and concern for all of them.  I realize editing comes into play but it felt to me that Christian knew how much to guide and when to walk away.

Mega-dittos!

Mega-mega dittos! 🙂 

As a long time PR viewer, Christian has always been one of my all-time favorites and most memorable contestants. I love the way he has created a successful career for himself and seeing him doing such a great job as mentor on PR makes me happy! I would love to visit his boutique in NY someday...

I'm really enjoying PR's return to Bravo!

• Love 13