Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: The Art of Fashion

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Too true, but I just meant other people outside the judges. I definitely feel like Karlie was flabbergasted that the guest judge was so down on Hester when they all are acting like she’s some kind of genius. Honestly, I cannot fathom what she is still doing in this competition. For me, she made one good thing all season - the picnic outfit from her first win. I didn’t think she deserved the other two wins at all, and I really hated what she made when she had immunity to the point both outfits looked like a joke. The Cardi B exchange was just icing on the cake. 

While I laughed at seeing Hester dinged like that (which is not very nice of me, I know), I have often rolled my eyes at this show's ridiculous premise that fame instantly bestows fashion sense.

What gives an actor, singer, etc. the right to pretend they have a keen eye for fashion?  The fact that they get dressed every morning?   I bet some members of this forum have a more critical eye than 99% of the famous dimwits they bring onto this show.  I don't know Cardi B from Cardi C, but it seems like the only reasons she was given the chance to critique the designers are because she's famous and Christian's friend.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, millennium said:

What gives an actor, singer, etc. the right to pretend they have a keen eye for fashion?  The fact that they get dressed every morning?   I bet some members of this forum have a more critical eye than 99% of the famous dimwits they bring onto this show.  I don't know Cardi B from Cardi C, but it seems like the only reasons she was given the chance to critique the designers are because she's famous and Christian's friend.

I agree, especially considering a lot of them have a stylist to help them, although if you’re being helped by someone like Marni then it’s possible you will end up being dressed in a Hester Sunshine original or some other ridiculous garment (with a fanny pack worn as a shoulder bag! Genius!) 

The reality is that all clothing is subjective, but it’s hard to see such garish weird clothing being championed over beautifully well made pieces like what Sebastian has been churning out almost every single week.

• Love 15

I think Sebastian has beautiful technique, but I think his fabric choices with the technique often end up looking very heavy. I thought this week looked like an air filter of some sort, and up close it looked way too heavy. That heaviness would work fine for something like winter clothing or outwear, but some of his shapes seem to want to be more ethereal, including this week. (I thought last week looked heavy as well.) maybe this is sacrilege, but as I think back on it, it reminds me of the carpet pad used by Michelle on All Stars.

I giggled every time someone called Bishme “Bish.” I just want to hear “Bish please.”

I’m looking forward to Hester’s collection. I don’t think she functions well in a time-restrictive environment (restricted both in time at Mood and time in the work room). While it won’t be mainstream, I’d like to see quirk. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, dleighg said:

I completely agree. When the challenge was first presented I didn't even know what the hell they were talking about and I felt extremely sorry for the contestants. Fortunately for them, most of them got into it and had ideas. Poor Sebastian-- that would have been me. And you're right-- there was no back and forth with the designer-- no bouncing ideas at all. And what the hell with those flowers on the columns???? What said "palace" in that?

And yet, Bishme managed to communicate with his designer and bring about radical changes in his room.  He was just as dismayed as Sebastian, but was very clear about the change that needed to be made - it needed to be gray to look more like concrete, and no other flowers.  And, it happened.

It may just be me, but I hated Sebastian's dress.  I recognize the skill that it took to make it, but no one really wants to wear that, and in such an unflattering color as well.  Dingy gray doesn't look good on anyone.

• Love 5

I watched Project Runway and suddenly Design Star took over - this was every “white box” challenge. Hester got a consultant like her, I noticed. This was at least more on point than making the Top Chefs decorate their restaurants. However,the explanation was terrible.

Yes, Brandon, finally, just make something pretty, who cares about the story? What’s the old Hollywood joke, if you want to send a message, use Western Union. 

I am not a Cardi B fan but props to her for liking Sebastien’s dress. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

THIS. Wabi-Sabi is when something has an imperfection but the intention is to be done correctly. A perfect example is a cracked piece of pottery and the Japanese would repair it with gold. Likewise, I read a story months before watching PR about a man who had a kimono that he continually repaired with gold thread which emphasized that it was worn, but repaired. The worn parts were celebrated. It seemed like Tessa's Wabi-Sabi aesthetic was just her not wanting to finish something, not repairing something that had been damaged. What if she had added gold stitching to her clothing in order to reflect Wabi-Sabi? Even if I go to TJ Maxx I'm expecting a hem on my discount dress. I just cant imagine high end clothing with no hems and crooked buttonholes.  

Thank you!  I couldn't believe that nonsense that Tessa came out with.  She clearly doesn't understand what wabi sabi is and it was driving me nuts!

• Love 4

I really, really dislike Hester’s aesthetic and find most of her designs comical and/or impractical and usually disturbing. However, she has had a couple of things go down the runway that weren’t so bad. However, when I think of Hester I think her personal fashion choices including the beret of the hour and I forget about her actual designs that went down the runway.

I actually liked a couple of her designs, including the picnic dress. However, her own schtick gets in the way of her fashion. I don’t think about these “good” moments because I can’t see beyond her own “character”.

If your (unnatural) personality and personal presentation is what comes to mind rather than what you produce, that’s not good.

When you think of many amazing designers (past and present) the first thought that comes to your mind is not what the designer him/herself looks like,  it rather what is their iconic style. I can’t get past what Hester looks like.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

It may just be me, but I hated Sebastian's dress.  I recognize the skill that it took to make it, but no one really wants to wear that, and in such an unflattering color as well.  Dingy gray doesn't look good on anyone.

Well, to be fair, does anyone want to wear a pink lame’ dress that has to be SEWN INTO YOUR HAIR?!? I think this challenge was more about artistic expression than actual wearable clothing. Personally, I would rather wear that color gray than any of the dirt colored strips in Tessa’s outfit. Now that I think about it, the only one of those outfits I would want to wear would be Garro’s, minus the lamp shade component.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Given who the Final Five (we should have heard some "All Along the Watchtower") were I'm OK with the final four.

HOWEVER...

Hester and Tessa never should have been in the final five in the first place and should have been eliminated well before this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Pallida said:

I think Sebastian has beautiful technique, but I think his fabric choices with the technique often end up looking very heavy. I thought this week looked like an air filter of some sort, and up close it looked way too heavy. That heaviness would work fine for something like winter clothing or outwear, but some of his shapes seem to want to be more ethereal, including this week.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, does anyone want to wear a pink lame’ dress that has to be SEWN INTO YOUR HAIR?!? I think this challenge was more about artistic expression than actual wearable clothing.

He purposely made his fabric heavier to make it hold that particular shape - no regular fabric will do that without a lot of help.  I really think he thought he needed to do something "artsy" and didn't really understand the challenge.  I didn't understand the challenge either - it seemed like most of the designers were trying for more edgy fashion than they would usually make and Sebastian went back to the body modification challenge because that was edgy.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 12:37 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've seen Sebastian's dress before.   Can anyone help me with the reference I'm thinking of?

15 hours ago, la11 said:

I think I've seen it also.  Could it have been from The Great Britain Sewing Bee?

Or maybe the Great British Baking Challenge? It reminded me of cupcake wrappers.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I am still rooting for Sebastian. He has good ideas, great skills, and a ton of work ethic. I might have a little crush. I'm glad Tessa is gone. As Hester became more and more tired she was not able to keep up her carefully crafted personality and I stopped hating her but I don't think she should have made it half this far. However, with 10 grand and a few months maybe she will really shine in the finale. I don't think Gary is on the right show. I don't think he wants to make fashion; he is obviously great at making stage costumes for superstars. Keep doing that. I love Bishme. He is kind and sweet and thoughtful but his designs usually look a little 1988. A lot 1988. We don't need to go back there. I googled him. He's 28, far too young to be nostalgic for the 80s. He needs to keep it current and make Baltimore bloom in 2019.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, millennium said:

While I laughed at seeing Hester dinged like that (which is not very nice of me, I know), I have often rolled my eyes at this show's ridiculous premise that fame instantly bestows fashion sense.

I can't believe that Cardi B is this show's idea of a fashion expert.  Tim Gunn must be laughing his head off. 

There was a time when celebrities dressed themselves and it was much more interesting.  Sharon Stone belongs in the Hall of Fame after she pulled together an Academy Awards outfit using her own clothes when her designer dress didn't work out.  There was a lot of hit and miss back then but at least there was a point of view.  Nowadays these celebrities are just mannequins.  And I have to admit my opinion of Christian went down when I saw how proud he was to be associated with Cardie B

• Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 10:37 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've seen Sebastian's dress before.   Can anyone help me with the reference I'm thinking of?

Kini Zamora umbrella dress. 

• Love 2
On 6/1/2019 at 6:11 PM, Pallida said:

I giggled every time someone called Bishme “Bish.” I just want to hear “Bish please.”

My favorite Bish reference was a week (or two) ago, when one of the judges said that Bishme had Resting Bish Face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think Sebastian has beautiful technique, but I think his fabric choices with the technique often end up looking very heavy. I thought this week looked like an air filter of some sort, and up close it looked way too heavy.

I thought it was a wretched-looking thing.  Your air-filter comparison is perfect.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 9:21 AM, sempervivum said:

There was a time, long ago, when designers simply had flowers or music to set the mood during a runway presentation. It seems that today, an 'experience' is a necessity to get anyone to pay attention

Lagerfeld, Gauthier, and Versace are legendary  for their elaborate themes or stories to their shows, to name a few. And you better have a story to explain any avante garde piece. It seems to be the art and show part of fashion and an apt requirement for a tv show about fashion, IMHO.

Ralph Lauren created an empire with a fictitious image (story) of the Kennedy/cowboy , lol, America.

• Love 2

I'm really looking forward to seeing the collections.  With the time and budget they are allowed, I hope to see some amazing designs.  That said, I hope I don't see too much lame' from Bishme or all things corseted from Garo (maybe one or two without?).  I hope to see at least a few wearable creations from Hester.  I'm really pulling for Sebastian, so I hope he can put together a cohesive collection.

• Love 3

I think Sebastian has beautiful technique, but I think his fabric choices with the technique often end up looking very heavy. I thought this week looked like an air filter of some sort, and up close it looked way too heavy. That heaviness would work fine for something like winter clothing or outwear, but some of his shapes seem to want to be more ethereal, including this week. (I thought last week looked heavy as well.) maybe this is sacrilege, but as I think back on it, it reminds me of the carpet pad used by Michelle on All Stars.

Sebastian was concerned about how to make the folds stand on their own and said the lining would make it heavyweight. I don’t think they thought that the dresses would be worn on the street; as another noted Bish’s was sewn into the model’s hair.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 3jt said:

I doubt that any designer anywhere is sitting in their studio and thinks, my "girl" is a 52 year old divorced bookkeeper who would just appreciate not looking like shit today at work. Because that would literally be the story with every purchase that I make..... On the other hand, I would love to see Nina's face if someone actually said that on the runway. 

"My girl is on her way to a sedentary nonprofit job where a polished look means, 'How's the job hunt going?' She's also a little gassy and her feet swell up on hot days."

21 hours ago, GoldaVining said:

I don't think Gary is on the right show.

I NEED to go back and relook at Garo's designs now that he's "Gary." Somehow, it's going to make a huge difference in how I perceive them.

About Tessa and her newly articulated - but foundational! - design philosophy of Wabi-Sabi: A dance friend told me about how Merce Cunningham's philosophy/technique of chance movements was misused by some dancers who thought citing it could mask their lack of preparation.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, 3jt said:

I doubt that any designer anywhere is sitting in their studio and thinks, my "girl" is a 52 year old divorced bookkeeper who would just appreciate not looking like shit today at work. Because that would literally be the story with every purchase that I make..... On the other hand, I would love to see Nina's face if someone actually said that on the runway.

11 minutes ago, heavysnaxx said:

"My girl is on her way to a sedentary nonprofit job where a polished look means, 'How's the job hunt going?' She's also a little gassy and her feet swell up on hot days."

Now that I know this is a game I want to play too!  

"My "girl" is amazingly average.  She's middle aged, average size (not skinny, not "curvy" but figure flaws like any other normal human being) average looks and average income.  She is going to her boring job and has never once gone to a gallery opening (a favorite when they want to do a fancy dress/gown but don't know where to send her.)  Her clothes must be able to conceal cat/dog hair and the fact that she may not have had the time to do more than wave an iron near them.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)

I like Christian very much and he’s really good as a mentor. He’s saves each one of them at one time of another. He is tho very involved w the designs some times. Whereas Tim would tell them where he saw a flaw in their design and try to get them to think of a solution on their own ( that fabric reads a little dull, that silouette is similar to all your others ) Christian flat out gives them a solution ( pick a purple fabric, make a completely different bodice). Sometimes it seems like he is designing the dress for them! I find myself hoping for him to walk away quickly from the designers I am rooting against as I think he will save them. 

Love this game....

my girl is a bored rich housewife who spends half her day at the gym and applying make up. Her husband is taking her to a fancy dinner to make up for the fact he has a gf in the city and treats wife like a nanny/ household mgr .  She wants to look hot so he doesn’t dump her for a younger model but dress can’t look too expensive, she doesn’t want to fight about her spending all night. She has an average to good body, horrible self esteem and will sell the dress at a high end second hand shop in a year because it will represent the night he told her he was leaving her  and she needs the money now to pay for her lawyers.

Edited by novhappy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

The right people made it to the final 4. I'm not a Hester fan but you definitely want to see her final collection over other people's. It will at least be interesting.

I have rooted for Tess despite not liking her clothes that much for some reason. Kept wanting her to overcome her flaws. With that in mind, I think she did a good job on her last design. It was a high note. I did not want her to advance but at least she gave something she felt good about.

Even though I'm not a fan of Tess's clothes, I will admit that if someone said "you have to pick your wardrobe for the next year entirely from Tess's collection or from Hester's" I would definitely go with Tess. Sure I'd feel drab and the hems would be annoying but I would have a better shot at attaching a belt and making it work (I guess I'd pretend I was living in Star Wars world/some time where everyone wears loose fitting blah clothes for a year). Hester would be a big no.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, kicksave said:

Garo always does a corset...every challenge he has done a corset...I remember in past PR seasons designers were criticized and sometimes sent home for doing the same thing over and over again. His entire garment in every challenge is designed around a corset. What has happened to the critical aspect of this show? 

Then there's Anya, who won the whole thing by draping essentially the same sleeveless jumpsuit the whole season and not actually being able to sew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 5/31/2019 at 10:00 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

BOTH of them owe a debt of gratitude to the song "Spanish Harlem", first recorded in 1960.

I assumed that had been mentioned because it seemed so obvious but maybe that's just because I'm "of a certain age" (though Aretha's cover makes it ageless). 

2 hours ago, terrymct said:

Then there's Anya, who won the whole thing by draping essentially the same sleeveless jumpsuit the whole season and not actually being able to sew.

I was trying to remember her name!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, terrymct said:

The fix was so clearly in for her that season because she was beautiful, stylish, and had great styling sense, even though she had no real construction skills. That actually made me bail on the show until this season and the shift back to Bravo.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, caitmcg said:

The fix was so clearly in for her that season because she was beautiful, stylish, and had great styling sense, even though she had no real construction skills. That actually made me bail on the show until this season and the shift back to Bravo.

Indeed ... it was rather glorious that one of the other "All-Stars" (please do picture air quotes as I say this) actually said to her in the most recent season: "You still can't sew?!" They spoke for all of us -- I could feel the collective "RIGHT?!" echo far and wide.

She's always the first person that comes to mind when folks (like a few this season) come on this show without the requisite practical sewing skills.

• Love 8
On 6/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Haven't seen that show! ☹️ 🤷‍♂️

I took a picture of his dress pre-belt.  I got to say, I think it is so beautiful even though Sebastian hated it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 11 - 2.jpg

Here's the dress with the belt

smaller nzo-Site-18.jpg

With this photo it caused to think that (please pardon if someone said this already)  that he could have stood her between a guy playing a guitar and one with drums.  She could be the accordion in the story.  lol  It's not a bad thing really. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, frogzapper said:

I'm really enjoying PR's return to Bravo!

Me as well, and ditto to your comments about Christian...

Mostly this was an excuse to applaud your awesome Nowhere Man icon. ("The Yellow Submarine" was a part of my childhood. It would play on a local television station every year and was appointment viewing for my sister and I. I always thought that "The Blue Meanies" or "Meanies in Pepperland" would be an awesome band name.)

On 6/2/2019 at 4:09 PM, 3jt said:

Hee! I'm pretty sure that Uli of the flowy dresses said one time (during a "travel" challenge) that her girl's story was that she wanted to go out and party and get "vasted" (wasted), but I can't remember if that was actually on the runway or just to her fellow contestants (and maybe Tim Gunn.)

Uli was fun.

Also

15 hours ago, novhappy said:

Love this game....

Me too:

My "girl" is in her early 50's, is still getting used to her new post change-of-life (*cough*menopause*cough*) body shape (thanks hormones,) and works at an awesome job in extension at a land grant university. Her proper "work attire" is a pair of jeans and a nice shirt (extension walks the line between "academic" and "public accessible." We want to appear "relatable" to the public, and since our "public" in this case is extension agents and pest management professionals, that generally means jeans.) Sometimes she goes to academic conferences where she presents talks and might need a nice pair of dress slacks and a nice, longer-sleeved shirt (those conference rooms are chilly!) that looks nice but doesn't detract attention away from the presentation on the screen. Forget the make-up and hair salon... that's not part of the work attire either... which generally means - *gasp* - shirts with color, because she's also fairly pale and looks washed out in drab tones.

You might get lucky and design something for her vacation... in which case picture a nice, lightweight tropical "dress" that would double as a beach cover up***, because yeah, she's definitely vacationing at a tropical beach and spending her days snorkeling and nights eating out... and maybe snorkeling again.

So yeah, not the ideal story for the runway. Heh.

*** Bonus if it looks good with a yoga-type legging underneath it, because those are part of the swim attire at times. (I burn too easy not to swim entirely covered).

8 hours ago, caitmcg said:

I just can't seem to quit this show.

If I was going to do so, I would have after season 8 and Gretchen... Her final collection - ugh. With the "coochie"*** shorts, and I think unfinished hems on them. They looked in front almost how Hester's bathing suit looked in the back. And 4 out of 10 of her looks had those shorts.

*** That's what I call shorts that "ride up" on the thighs rather than go straight across on the leg.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, does anyone want to wear a pink lame’ dress that has to be SEWN INTO YOUR HAIR?!?

Perhaps due to time constraints he wasn't able to sew that part of the dress with interfacing/lining/ whatever he needed to make that part stand up. I sew a lot of costume type things and sometimes there are challenges during construction that need to be addressed in order to make the outfit work as visioned. I've used quilt batting or fiberfill or even parts of older garments as linings to make things stand up or stand out. While they are at Mode they look like they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get the perfect fabric and trim but interfacing isn't something they may have that much experience with. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

My girl is almost 55 and her body is trying to get itself together. The horrible hot flashes she had for 5 years are make periodic, untimely returns.

She is short but well endowed (thanks grandma) so finding clothes that fit and look good are a challenge.

She works from home when she’s not traveling for work. When she’s traveling for work she needs something that is practical and stylish that can be worn all day and travels well (including flying, driving, meetings and conducting focus groups).

She’s too tired at the end of the day to iron (she’s also lazy).

Her story is - I need something that fits and is appropriate to wear when meeting with the leadership of the companies with whom she consults.

• Love 9

This is my girl:

A teacher with almost 30 years in education. Her body is pear-shaped but pretty well-endowed (father's side of the family).  Usually wears comfortable clothes that let her sit on the rug cross-legged with her 24 second graders.  (The rug that is sat upon is not the cleanest thing!)  Also clothes can be worn for P.E. to do warm-up exercises, skill teaching (like throwing, hopping, skipping, etc.) and cool down.  It should be easy to wear, not need ironing, and always comfortable to wear.     Sometimes has to do presentations for parents and/or colleagues in the cafeteria.  An evening out:  professionally - a PTA dinner, a retirement dinner, a union dinner; personally - a night out at the movies, dinner with friends, a formal dinner like a wedding.  NO HEELS!!  Don't they know how bad they are for your feet and leg muscles?

• Love 11

I am with all the girls described so far! Mine is also mid 50s, looking for something stylish but not Kardashian stylish, more Princess Kate. If it’s a dress, something that she can sit down in without her undies coming in contact with the seat. Something she can wear a bra with, and no heels! Especially if she’s buying pants. 

The next thing she wants is cute shoes without 5 inch heels and without hurting her feet. 

Also no jumpsuits!

• Love 6
On 6/1/2019 at 12:26 AM, 30 Helens said:

I can’t believe I’m about to defend Hester considering how many eye-roll spasms she’s caused me, but I definitely think she belongs in the finals. While her clothes are not my taste, she does have a cohesive vision, and an aesthetic that makes her unique. Not many designers, especially at this stage, can say that. I don’t usually like her designs, but I appreciate the imagination that goes into them. Not all designers are meant for the masses. Sometimes just being provocative has value.

To me, Hester is another Mondo.  Juvenile clothes, with a precious designer who wears costumes every day.  Yet, she has a viewpoint, and is one of a few who loves color and pattern and texture.  I would like to see her runway, though I'm not her target market which I can't imagine is anyone above 14.

• Love 5
On 6/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Hester and her changing glasses comments:

During one of the earlier scenes in this episode she was wearing one pair and had another pair stuck in the top of her shirt. Maybe one pair is needed to see and one is decoration?

She might need glasses both for distance and for reading/sewing, but doesn't wear bifocals.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2019 at 11:46 PM, QuantumMechanic said:

Given who the Final Five (we should have heard some "All Along the Watchtower") were I'm OK with the final four.

+ kajillion  I frakking loved this. Thanks!

I don’t know much about Cardi B's legal issues, only that she does a lot of red carpet, music awards shows and other highly covered events such as the Met Gala. So her inclusion on the show made sense, because with many more occasions to wear the results of an “art” challenge, she seems like a potential client for the design contestants that they'd want . Not to mention the huge publicity if she wore that particular designer at a major event.

Plus her unfiltered reaction to Hester’s design was golden.

Likewise, all of them got a chance to impress Linda Fargo, which is a “win” in and of itself. Well, at least for Sebastian, Bishme and Garo. And that visit to the CFDA helped highlight how those three would really benefit from the mentorship. Not sure if Hester would be receptive to the “diagnostic” and subsequent “customized” mentorship. Definitely Tessa would not be.

I’m not a fan of Hester as a designer – her room was beautiful, but it also seemed like a template of many store window displays I’ve seen before. The issue for me about her personal style is that it comes off as way more polished and “joyful” (tm Nina) than the actual outfits she cobbles together. I like seeing what she wears more than what comes out on the runway, although Thijin rocks it like a superstar.

At last I figured out why Garo seemed so familiar to me! When they showed a little snippet of how he had his start at a club called Mother, I realized that our paths had crossed! That was a great time for creating a lot of look with very little, in time for weekly themed parties. Agreed with the poster upthread who said even though Garo is brilliant with the corset, each look is still very distinct. I may not have been a fan at the beginning of the season, but seeing his interactions with his models and how he includes the overall experience of wearing his garment into the design itself makes me happy that he’s in the final four.

I like Bishme, and I think he will do well regardless of whether he wins. It is freaking amazing that he’s the last self-taught designer standing, if I heard right. I actually preferred the original version of the room, and felt bad for the room designer that Bishme didn't.

I’m also unabashedly Team Sebastian. In the shot that @Ms Blue Jay provided, (thank you!) I thought that Mimi's cheekbones were part of the overall architectural look of the dress! But I think that Sebastian's inability with crafting a story speaks more to how he could benefit from a CFDA mentorship in working with fashion writers/copy for collections and showrooms, how to market to editors and people like Linda Fargo. It also might explain, or be part of the reason why his two previous attempts at having a store failed, despite his obvious talent.

And like many on this forum, while I’ve rooted for Christian before, now j’adore Christian as a mentor. He's given great suggestions that we've seen contestants disregard. And I love the fact that he's so personally invested in each one's success, to the point that his goodbyes are extremely gracious and still encouraging.

Similarly, Brandon has surpassed Michael Kors for me as a judge. I do prefer Karli to Heidi--she seems to wear her heart on her sleeve more. And I agree with most everyone here about Elaine and Nina. Elaine belongs on a different show, and Nina needs to revert back to early seasons Nina again.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ML89 said:

I am with all the girls described so far! Mine is also mid 50s, looking for something stylish but not Kardashian stylish, more Princess Kate. If it’s a dress, something that she can sit down in without her undies coming in contact with the seat. Something she can wear a bra with, and no heels! Especially if she’s buying pants. 

The next thing she wants is cute shoes without 5 inch heels and without hurting her feet. 

Also no jumpsuits!

Ha! So I guess we're all in our 50's? Who knew that we are the demographic of the PR audience? Or maybe we're just the demographic of Primetimer... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kaiju Ballet said:
On 6/1/2019 at 11:46 PM, QuantumMechanic said:

+ kajillion  I frakking loved this. Thanks!

So say we all. (I'm on a Caprica re-watch.)

In Beverly Johnson's day it was a major struggle to make to make it onto the cover of Vogue. Now you can hardly find a "super model" on the cover of a fashion magazine. These days it's the Cardis and the Kardashes, lol.

• Love 3