Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

Probably #2.  In the past I might have preferred #1 because we don't get a lot of snow; but a couple years ago, we got nearly a foot of snow in an area ill-prepared to deal with it, and the power went out for most of the day, so I'd probably be fearing a repeat of that scenario.  #4 would be good, except I'd probably watch TV instead of reading.  #3 is out because I burn too easily, though maybe it would be all right if I stayed on the porch!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

As much as I like reading, in the fall I am more likely to be outside enjoying the cooler temps, changing colors, etc

Right? I would like to be outside, splitting firewood, then off to some sort of outdoor social activity. 

• Love 2

#4 and then #1 for me too. I am very much a cold weather person. In fact, I just returned last night from driving up from here in central beachy California up to my previous home town of Mt. Shasta and then up to Portland, Oregon and although I had a truly wonderful time I was so disappointed that it was hot (well, high 70s, low 80s which is hot for me) in Portland. I packed leather boots, a leather jacket and a rain jacket with high hopes...but no! spent the trip in t-shirts and sneakers.

• Love 2

I grew up in a part of the country in which these were not the seasons that we had.  But I can say that for where I live now I'm solidly behind #1.

The ONLY time NYC is ever calm and quiet is during a big snowfall, so #1 all the way.

• Love 4

Bowie. But I reserve my right to change my mind.

Extra credit question.  How many could you name with no problem off just the pictures.

Eleven.

Of the five I wasn't sure about.

I guessed right on two but needed photo confirmation because it wasn't the image in my mind of them.

The other three I guessed their bands but one threw me because two people from the same band are options, one because the people I most associate with the band aren't dead, and third because the era seemed right but the name escaped me.

• Love 1

My mom and I were leaning towards Freddie Mercury as well. I joked to her that she could also see Jimi if she went to a Monkees show where he was the opening act :p. I would've gone to that just for the sheer WTF-ery of it all, LOL. 

I think Buddy Holly would also be on my list, too. I bet he would've been fun to see live. He did play here in Iowa, so... Yes, he died shortly afterward, but still! Johnny, Janis, and George would probably round out my top 5 list.

But yeah, this was hard. They all would've been amazing to see. 

• Love 7

Who are all these people? The two between Lennon and Elvis and the one between Harrison and Morrison I cannot identify. From a comment up thread I guess one is Johnny Cash but none of them look like him to me.

1 hour ago, ABay said:

Who are all these people? The two between Lennon and Elvis and the one between Harrison and Morrison I cannot identify. From a comment up thread I guess one is Johnny Cash but none of them look like him to me.

Red background next to Lennon is Cash.  Next to him is Bon Scott of AC/DC

The one between Harrison and Morrison is Keith Moon, drummer for The Who.

• Love 5
On 11/1/2020 at 6:47 PM, Miss Anne Thrope said:

So torn.  Janis, George, Bowie, or Moonie.  George wins for body of work, even though The Who is the band I've always wanted to see but knew I never would.

Jim Morrison 

• Love 1