Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, callie lee 29 said:

Lady/Lord (Nova/Juanita/Milky/Clementine/Winston) Gravlax of Walgreens.

I got five cats and can't show favorites. 

Hee!

I propose that any who have been life-long catless feel free to borrow the name of any cat mentioned here by @callie lee 29 or of any cat belonging to a friend or relative. I have not owned or cared for a cat for 20 years, but have quite a few to choose from. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Hee!

I propose that any who have been life-long catless feel free to borrow the name of any cat mentioned here by @callie lee 29 or of any cat belonging to a friend or relative. I have not owned or cared for a cat for 20 years, but have quite a few to choose from. 

Totally down with that, but some of them are divas so choose wisely....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Bringing this forward from Page 1 with a few updates. (For example, I do no agree that Grape is the best Kool-Aid flavor.)

Welcome to a place for answering random questions as honestly as possible.

Rules:

• QotD "questions" will be gold posts.  Once the "Day" is over and a new gold post is up, don't answer old gold post questions [or discuss old gold post answers]. 
  • Complaining about the questions isn't a good look for anyone.
  • Participate! 
  • Know someone who may enjoy participating?  Mention/tag/@ them with your answer.
  • New questions will pop up with no pattern or schedule.   
  • This isn't a discussion thread.  There are questions, and there are answers.  That's it.
  • Be honest!  We're all just as weird as you are.  Probably weirder.
  • I will make up rules as we go along. 
  • The Barenaked Ladies were right, Vanilla is the finest of the flavors.
  • If you would like to submit questions for DD:QotD [please do] - I can be reached via PM.

We need to remodel our house- so Lowes would do it for me, no question.    If I weren't needing kitchen cabinets, appliances, bathroom vanities, wallpaper, floors, etc etc. a place like Nordstrom would be another option. 

Since I have lists of what we like already, it wouldn't take any time at all to spend that much money in an hour.  

Edited by Callietwo
  • Love 4

It would be a furniture store, but I honestly can't think of one. I hate buying furniture online because they always come assembly needed, furniture stores deliver it all nice & assembled & ready, but finding an actual furniture store is hard.

• Love 3

Easy! Tiffany's if I could magically transport to the mothership store in NYC. Otherwise, Jon Thomas Fine Jewelry in Mt. Shasta, California (I lived in Mt. Shasta for 25 years and Jon Thomas is a super creative excellent jeweler). I can drive there in just over 12 hours and it would only take 15 minutes or so to spend $10,000. very, very happily.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Circle K gas station, purchases will be $9,995 in gift cards to various stores and $5 on two Gouda cheese sausage dogs with kraut/carmelized onions/bbq sauce and a bag of chips. 

😂 

keanu reeves 80s GIF

Everybody knows you can’t ask the genie to use one of your three wishes to ask for more wishes. 

• LOL 7

I like the Best Buy suggestion, because I can go with a little practical over in the appliance section and a little indulgent in the Sonos aisle. 

But the heck with practical. I’m going to Dick’s and building myself a home gym so that I never have to let sweaty annoying guy work in a set ever again. 

Assuming that what I need won’t use up the entire $10K, I’ll also hit the golf shop for new irons that I don’t need but do want, the shoe section for new hiking and running shoes and the clothes section to replace some seriously worn out athletic wear. 

• Love 4

I’m going to the pet food store and buying supplies for everyone’s animals that I know and a huge bunch for a few local shelters. There are the usual shelters for cats and dogs, but also one near me for horses (1 bale of hay is $8 and only feeds one horse per day), one for exotic birds, and one for sea turtles that have been injured or sick. 
Heck, this might buy the store out! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

I like the Best Buy suggestion, because I can go with a little practical over in the appliance section and a little indulgent in the Sonos aisle. 

That was exactly my thinking behind Best Buy.  🙂 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Circle K gas station, purchases will be $9,995 in gift cards to various stores and $5 on two Gouda cheese sausage dogs with kraut/carmelized onions/bbq sauce and a bag of chips. 

Grey. Would probably have to do it in small batches,  because if they are anything like the store I work at, there is a limit on how much you can buy due to Federal money laundering laws.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/22/2021 at 4:50 PM, JTMacc99 said:

"You have 1 hour
 to spend $10,000
 inside ONE store.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

A STORE WITH A LOT OF HIGH-END GIFT CARDS

Explanation and alternative:

Spoiler

• Because I don't generally spend more than $50-$100 without sleeping on the purchase,
  • and because it takes me way more than an hour to spend that much (A or B? Which colors? Medium or Large? Windows or Apple? Acoustic or Electric?)
    days to weeks if we're talking footwear

...it would have to be some place like @LucindaWalsh describes where I can buy

• $9500 of gift cards that I would actually use 
    --or a family member or a worthy person or group could use ( feeling sheepish after reading @Mindthinkr's post) --
  • and, assuming it is a place that sells lottery tickets:
    I would buy my first ever lottery tickets with $455 because I've observed from my mom's lottery winnings in the 1970s and my ex's in the 1980s that most people break even
  • and $5 worth of chocolate 

HOWEVER, now reading:

10 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

Grey. Would probably have to do it in small batches,  because if they are anything like the store I work at, there is a limit on how much you can buy due to Federal money laundering laws.

--and reading: https://support.egifter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010487747-Purchase-Limitations-Orders-and-Promotions

Maximum Purchase Limits (By Law)

Based on the U.S. government legal regulations concerning limitations on gift card purchasing, within a 24 hour period:

The maximum amount that can be purchased by a single person across multiple gift cards is $10,000

The maximum amount that can be purchased by a single person for a single brand is $2,000

--and having just moved last week 1000 miles and 3 states away from my neighborhood Jewel Osco grocery store where I've seen a plethora of gift cards on an endcap, and also (or) in the Before Times check out line at Ross's Dress For Less, I'm not sure whether NY state has such offerings.

So, if that's not possible here:
SOME PLACE WHERE YOU CAN BUY GOLD COINS THAT CAN BE TRADED IN AT THE BANK FOR CASH

kind of like buying gold coins with your credit card to get frequent flyer points and then selling the gold coins back to the bank. 
Or was it silver dollars?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

As a kid I loved all the sugary cereal - Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Count Chocula, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Trix, Corn Pops, etc.

As an older teen I loved Honeycomb, Cinnamon Life, Frosted Flakes, Cracklin' Oat Bran, and one of the Raisin Brans (one was sweeter than the other).

As an adult I hardly eat cold cereal, when I do Cheerios is my "go-to", but it's not my favorite.  I'd say that's still probably Honeycomb.  😄  (or maybe Cinnamon Life)

image.thumb.png.cf96bbfe6d52ddd7460bf152cc23f47b.png

• Love 4

Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond & Flax. 

Mixed with Greek yogurt instead of milk.  SO good.  I'm keto now due to medical reasons (though the weight loss doesn't suck) and I can't have it anymore. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Love 2

While I do like to mix it up, if I'm picking my desert island, same one for the rest of my life, cereal, it would be Life.  Hopefully that desert island has bananas and other fruit.

Life was probably my favorite as a kid as well.

He Likes It Life Cereal GIF

• Love 5

Now you're speaking my language.  I love cereal, and rarely the healthy kind.  Give me Peanut Butter Chex mixed with Chocolate Chex, pumpkin spice Mini Wheats, Cap'n Crunch Berries...  

A favourite is Chocolate Frosted Flakes.

All topped with unsweetened chocolate almond milk.  

• Love 3

Honey Nut Cheerios! Or, if you’re a fan of Omar on The Wire, just Honey Nut. It is also my cat’s favorite cereal; she will eat Honey Nut but not regular Cheerios or god forbid, Apple Cinnamon, which I have learned not to buy lest she throw me some serious shade and stalk off.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Raisin bran -- preferably Great Value raisin bran. Oddly, I find it has more raisins than Kellogg's or Post. It's also the only way I'll eat raisins.

If I could find Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs, that would probably be my favorite.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Nowadays, I eat Cheerios nearly every morning.  When I was a kid, though, my favorites were Sugar Frosted Flakes, and Sugar Pops, and Sugar Smacks -- back when they actually had "sugar" in the name.  I also liked Cap'n Crunch, but only when I didn't mind shredding the roof of my mouth.   I used to beg my mother for Count Chocula, and on rare occasions, she'd give in.

A few times a year, I'll get one of my childhood faves, usually Frosties.

• Love 3