Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Are we ready for a new question of the day? 

Ah, yes, let me take a break from adding a polite mechanic who is in love with somebody he shouldn't be to my novel, and put up a new question of the day.

594569224_novelcharacters.thumb.jpg.4449c3b1c5fc66e3dd68623350672b8b.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)

My middle name works better for the adjective for this one:

Clever mermaid* who lives next door to your main character

----- 

*and I do love to swim in Lake Michigan IRL

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Clever mermaid* who lives next door to your main character

2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Klutzy actor who lives next door to your main character

Rather than roommates, we live on either side of the main character  
— in case anyone was wondering. 
Hmmm.  Sounds like we live in the East Village. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Probably "Frasier". Everyone on there is well and truly financially secure, for one thing, which is nice :p. But also...

-I could get a chance to be exposed to a few more of the finer things

-I could go talk to Frasier or Niles if I need help with something or need to talk out some problems

-A nice little coffee shop to hang out at every day if I want

-Whenever Frasier and Niles' snobby behavior bugs me, I'd have Martin, Roz, and Daphne to hang out with :D. 

Plus, Frasier and Roz work at a radio station, so I'd feel at home, since my dad worked in radio, too (which now makes me think that hanging out in the "WKRP" world would also be fun, because those characters remind me so much of a lot of the kinds of people my dad used to work with). 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

My first thought was The Love Boat (Ha!).  But, you know, what?nobody dies/no chance of being killed, and there's a new romance every week.  🙂 Plus, the tropical locations.

Ha!  The Love Boat was my first thought, too, and for pretty much the same reasons.  

• Love 7

If it was still on, As the World Turns. But any soap would do because I would be gorgeous, everyone I know would be gorgeous, I would have at least one scrumptious lover, a huge and immaculate home, and a glamorous job for which I had no qualifications and would only work at a few minutes a day.

Yes, There are perils. The evil twin trying to steal my man and/or frame me for a crime, the odd bout of blindness or incarceration (see evil twin), or a short spell of life-threatening medical condition that will be cured at the last moment (unless my contract is under negotiation)but these are trifles compared to the utter fabulousness of my life overall.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

The Golden Girls, without question. I would give anything go back to 80's era Miami, and being a sarcastic person myself, I'd definitely be able to keep up with the Girls and their quips. I would probably come back 20-30 pounds fatter after eating Sophia's pasta and all that cheesecake though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I would definitely pick Living Single, because it is set in the '90s, when the world still held some hope that I would accomplish something.  I have never been to New York, so it would be nice to have the characters to show me around town.  They are also a friendly group--banter is encouraged, but even though it can get a little mean (between Kyle and Max or Max and Regine), everyone is generally supportive of each other without being all that sappy.  I could also use my journalism degree to work at Khadijah's magazine because she had a small operation and was willing to give a chance to anyone who worked hard.  And if I did screw something up, she'd probably be understanding because it would be minor compared to whatever stupid thing Synclaire had just done.  They just seemed like they were always having fun.

• Love 5

I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer to this one! Turns out that most of my favorite shows fall into three categories: Cartoons, Reality, and shows where terrible things happen to people.

So what do I go with? There's no way I wouldn't be dead after a month in Game of Thrones land.

I guess I could be trapped in Top Chef for a month. Preferably as a guest judge and when they were in Italy. But I don't think that's an answer in the spirit of this question. 

So I guess I'm going to be animated and be trapped with the Futurama crew for a month. It'll be fun to travel to the future, go on some wacky adventures to alien worlds, maybe meet the Harlem Globetrotters and Nixon's head, and enjoy some Slurm.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Yeah, Futurama would be awesome. Drinking some Slurm, watching Morbo on TV, stealing some shit with Bender, maybe later getting held up by Roberto or visiting a Suicide Booth....

I love Futurama too.

• Love 2

The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I FLOVE her studio apartment, and Rhoda lives upstairs! Maybe I could be a temp in the news room.

But, somehow, I feel I'd be better suited as a member of Dr Hartley's group therapy on The Bob Newhart Show. 

Yes, I'm old. Get off my lawn!

• Love 7

I would choose "Justified" because Kentucky is actually beautiful (although since they did not film in Kentucky you would never know it from watching the show) and I would love to hang out for a month with Raylan. Jest sayin'

• Love 4