Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

I wrap a water chestnut with half a slice of bacon and then secure it with a toothpick. When they’re all made and in a baking dish I marinate them with low sodium soy sauce (sometimes I add garlic depending on for whom I’m cooking them) for 6 hours. Drain then bake at 425 on a rack over a cookie sheet until the bacon is crispy. They all always get gobbled up. 

• Love 4

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is going on right now (I've actually been to this show; it's a blast) and I realized that I have yet to give my new puppy an official show dog name.  Thank goodness I have this to help me. What's your dog's show dog name?

dog_show_name_generator_rover_update.png

1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

@JTMacc99 - that's a much better name than mine! 🙂 

It's the most excellent blackwatch sweater I'm wearing today that made it work. 

To be fair, blackwatch is plaid, so instead of using the words for green and blue, I could have also gone with Overlord Zorro Resplendent Gammorah.

Either way, you got hosed by wearing gray. 

• Love 2

Sister Banana Sparkling Dynamo. Interesting. 

3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

General Winky of Gammorah.

That sounds like the name of some character you'd find in a kids' fantasy novel. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

1) Why do you continue to incessantly meow at me as I am opening the cat food can? Since you've never seen me eat a can myself, you have to know its for you. Give me a chance to get it open!

2) What was your name before I adopted you?

3) Why is Fancy Feast the only wet food both of you will eat?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

1. When did you realize that you held all the power?

2. How can you possibly know there are meds in that cat food?

3. Why do you love my husband, who does absolutely nothing to care for you, more than me, who does everything for you?

ETA: A 4th, and more serious, question would be...what was your life like before we adopted you?  I only have the barest of details from the shelter (picked up as a stray at 5 months old, in the shelter system for 4 months before we adopted her) and I think that there are some emotional wounds there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

1. Why do you want to sleep on my head?

2. Why do you prefer the jingle ball without the jingle and why won't you bring it all the way back to me when you want me to throw it again? (Yes, this is a cat who brings the ball part of the way back, and yes, that's totally one question.)

3. Why can't you share the sofa with your brother?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

1. Why do you two fight so much?

2. What on earth is going through your little heads much of the time?

3. How do you two manage to take up so much space whenever you're laying somewhere? You're not that big.  

• Love 7

1.  When you knead me, which you do most every night, why do you only consider it acceptable to put your claws directly into my skin instead of into my sweatshirt?

2.  What are you seeing when you meow at the top of your lungs while looking out the glass door five seconds before I arrive and see nothing there?

3.  How do you always know exactly when I'm trying to finish typing a post, which is of course when you absolutely MUST jump on the table and try to walk on the keyboard because you haven't seen me for ten minutes?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

1.  When you sprag that back paw at me while barking, does it mean you are having a toddler-esque temper tantrum?

2. Why do you sniff the exact same spot for what feels like five minutes straight at the beginning and end of a walk?  You do know nothing has changed there, right?

3. Why do you drop a toy in front of me while wagging your tail and then not fetch it when I throw it?

• Love 12

Do you really not know how to get under the covers or have you learned it’s easier to paw at them knowing I’ll cover you up?

Would you have picked the collar with dogs wearing scarves in a convertible, too?  

When I say things in a strange voice like “I went to the shelter to adopt a dog not realizing I’d get an angel” do you like it or say “cut the sappy shit already”?

• Love 4

I love my cat really I do...

1. How did you lose your eye?

2. How old are you really?

3. Why do you wake me up after a few hours of sleep and go to sleep yourself after having achieved your goal?

• Love 8

All my pets have now departed this earthly plane, so I'm going to ask my sister's family pets the questions;

Fable (pit mix who loves me) the questions.

• Why do you love to sit on my left foot so much?
  • Why do you lick your bum so much?
  • Why do you keep peeing in the house?

To Alice, the first cat (who loves me);

• Why must you leave so many disemboweled gifts on the back stoop?
  • Why do you insist on trying to lick my face, after I've seen said disemboweled gifts?
  • Why do you keep peeing in the house and not your litter box?

To Rhua, the snake (who is indifferent to me):

• Why did you choose to hide in the atlas when you escaped your aquarium that one time?
  • Why must you torment me by hiding in your aquarium so I think you escaped again?
  • What did you think of my standing on my one foot and talking in such a high voice that one time you escaped and hid in the atlas?

To John Snow, the second cat (who is an asshole);

• Why are you such an asshole? (after tormenting Fable)
  • Why are you such an asshole? (after tormenting Alice)
  • Why are you such an asshole? (after sitting on top of the mesh of Rhua's aquarium and attempting to torment Rhua)
  • Love 11

1) Why can’t you give me a shopping list of what you want to eat instead of letting me choose...and usually wrong. 

2) How do you know the most opportune time to annoy me for things I did for you 5 minutes ago? 

3) Why do you need to eat the very instant I get on the phone with a friend? 

🤷‍♀️ Cat issues 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Since I have two cats I had one more question: 

Is there a valid reason you need to go into the bathroom with me when I need to go? 

If you get an answer to that one, let us all know. 

• LOL 6