Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Beach 4!

beach day love GIF

Tall and lanky is mesmerizing me. I can't look away.

I realized while looking over the options that Beach 1 would have been my jam as a kid. And yes, with the coffee. I started young with that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

It is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and therefore you have no opinion to share about things happening here right now or this weekend. You have been invited to a friend's house for an annual party where copious amounts of snack foods will be served. There will be little meatballs on sticks. There will be seven layer bean dip. There will be pigs in a blanket. There will be fresh vegetables, and there will be cookies.

And there will be chips, SO MANY chips. By an amazing coincidence, all of the chips on this distant, ancient world are exactly the same as we can find in our stores today. 

Lays Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Laypotato chips eating GIF

What is your favorite chip? In which bowl will we find your hand?  

Bonus question: And which type or flavor of chip do you hate with the fire of a thousand nuns?

• Love 3

These are my fave!

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/d4403b39-7227-4490-acc4-b1a1ddbb41c3_1.4f47d173a8cbd6d6c6116c4119bda2ab.jpeg

However, if you mean just potato chips - these!

https://americanfizz.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/american-snacks/pringles/pringles-jalapeno-800x800.png

Least favorite - hmm...  I recently had some squid flavored potato chips that were kind of awful.  They smelled like the stinkiest worst cat food and tasted like the fishiest fake fish flavoring.  My cat didn't even like them.

• Love 4

I do not mean only potato chips. I'd even include Cheetos as a "chip" for this discussion if that's somebody's favorite.

You'd find me hoarding these if they appeared in a bowl:

image.thumb.png.1b83597e3a7e5d27969c76dfb54eebb7.png

The 40% less fat means they're good for me, right?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

It is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and therefore you have no opinion to share about things happening here right now or this weekend. You have been invited to a friend's house for an annual party where copious amounts of snack foods will be served. There will be little meatballs on sticks. There will be seven layer bean dip. There will be pigs in a blanket. There will be fresh vegetables, and there will be cookies.

And there will be chips, SO MANY chips. By an amazing coincidence, all of the chips on this distant, ancient world are exactly the same as we can find in our stores today. 

Lays Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Laypotato chips eating GIF

What is your favorite chip? In which bowl will we find your hand?  

Bonus question: And which type or flavor of chip do you hate with the fire of a thousand nuns?

Utz Classic or Utz Dark Idaho Russet chips.

Bonus:  Any chip that has the word spicy/heat.  Also any wavy or ruffle type chip.

• Love 2

My fav is any fresh made (at the least, made that day) corn tortilla chips with super spicy freshly made salsa. If they are blue corn tortilla chips, that is even better.

I despise Pringles and anything that tastes like the myriad chemicals used to keep the other chemicals stable on the shelf for an indeterminate future.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This is hard!  I like most plain chips, especially if they are rippled or wavy.  My favorite flavored chips are Charles BBQ or Moore's BBQ (which are a challenge to find).  My hand will be in many bowls of chips!  I even like Fritos!

I'll avoid anything hot and spicy, though.  

• Love 2

Favorite chip on its own: Cheetos Puffs

Favorite chip with a dip: Tortilla chips with guacamole, pico de gallo, or spinach, cheese & artichoke dip

Get away from me:  Fritos.  And any potato chip that actually tastes like potato; I hate potatoes, and am only here for the grease and flavoring (e.g. sour cream and onion). 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I try not to buy potato chips on the regular, so I allow myself a treat of genuine British crisps when I find them (I eat them daily when in the UK).   

UK-Mature-Cheddar-Chive-.png

Edited by Quof
  • Love 10

Sour cream and onion without dip. With dip, plain Ruffles (I find they stand up to the dip better), unless it's cheese or bean dip, then some type of tortilla chip.

My favorite that I can't find here is Herr's creamy dill pickle chips. Our vending machine at work had them for a while, but not any more, and I have never seen them in a store here.

It's hard to pick a favorite chip.

My least favorite is anything with the words "hot," "flaming" or "spicy" in the name.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, auntlada said:

My favorite that I can't find here is Herr's creamy dill pickle chips. Our vending machine at work had them for a while, but not any more, and I have never seen them in a store here.

I just picked up a bag of these to try them. Also picked up the Voodoo chips. 

Who’s dumb idea was this question?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

The Voodoo chips are good - at least all the flavors I've tried. :D Another one of my faves I cannot get here in MN is Better Made.  I'm not a huge regular potato chip fan, but these I will finish off.  ETA: I stupidly went to their website and saw this "U pick 12 for $14.95" deal they now have.  I may be getting a shipment in my future.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2256/9849/products/better-made-original-potato-chips-mittencratecom_1200x1200.jpg?v=1540567643

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Quof said:

I try not to buy potato chips on the regular, so I allow myself a treat of genuine British crisps when I find them (I eat them daily when in the UK).   

OMG these look fantabulous!!

I do love me some of these

external-content.duckduckgo_com.thumb.jpg.3a19fc4847595d271d96a44e4827be42.jpg

Note:  MUST be Funyuns.  None of those other types will do.

Love me the thin and crispy

11837_Boulder_Canyon_6oz_Cheddar_Sour_Cream_Thin_Crispy_Chips_front.thumb.jpg.3396d75d9880b39f4eabac15fd405888.jpg

also quite delicious

5830_GoodHealth_5oz_SeaSalt_AvocadoOil_PotatoChips_Bag_Render_1100x.thumb.jpg.e65c8c8f0cefe1342d4934f67bed15b4.jpg

• Love 5
On 1/25/2021 at 10:55 AM, Brookside said:

Grape Nuts.  Growing up we only had Cornflakes and Weetabix and, later, Raisin Bran.

I used to live in the town where Weetabix are made.  Tuesday & Friday's were baking days and the whole town smelled sooo good!

Re:  Chips.  Our local grocery store sells handmade chips in their deli area that are awesome.

If I'm dipping: Ruffles: which are a tasty, sturdy chip.  And that is 100% my preference when I eat chips.  

Non-dipping non-flavored production varieties: Deep River Kettle chips

Flavored chips:  Kettle brand Crinkle cut Salt & Pepper, Cape Cod Sweet Mesquite.  

Tostitos with lime are tasty.

Hate: anything dill or salt & vinegar and cheetos.  🤢

Edited by Callietwo
  • Love 5

Okay, I don't eat chips very often because if I bought them the whole bag would be gone in a second, heh. 

I like Lays the best. For Lays I will eat Original, Salt and Vinegar, or BBQ. 

Doritos Cheddar or anything Doritos spicy is my jam. 

Miss Vickie's Jalapeno chips are also good. 

I hate Pringles.  And any original flavoured potato chip other than Lays. 

• Love 2

I like Doritos, though my favorite flavor were Jumpin' Jack Cheddar, which I'm surprised to see from a quick search might exist now, as I remembered them from a long time ago.  Apparently they brought them back and I wasn't notified!  I also like Cheetos and Lays Barbecue or Sour Cream and Onion.  As for least favorite, a few years ago, my father and I went to watch the local minor league baseball team, and they had supposedly special barbecue chips the concessions people prepared with a meal (burger and drink).  They were so nasty that when we went back two days later (the visiting player I wanted to see hadn't played the first time), we got the same meal but told them they could keep the chips. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, raven said:

Love me the thin and crispy

11837_Boulder_Canyon_6oz_Cheddar_Sour_Cream_Thin_Crispy_Chips_front.thumb.jpg.3396d75d9880b39f4eabac15fd405888.jpg

also quite delicious

5830_GoodHealth_5oz_SeaSalt_AvocadoOil_PotatoChips_Bag_Render_1100x.thumb.jpg.e65c8c8f0cefe1342d4934f67bed15b4.jpg

By the way, Boulder Canyon and Good Health brands?  Also Utz. 

I'm becoming both fatter from, and more knowledgeable about, chips right now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, auntlada said:

My least favorite is anything with the words "hot," "flaming" or "spicy" in the name.

I've heard bad things about these:

image.png.dde0f0554ef5210e7463e434e5dd3979.png

Which is pretty impressive. IMO, it requires some effort to screw up Doritos.

• LOL 3

First choice if I can find them:

421064627_CapeCodWaffle.JPG.736c219d422f3d2ad4c5ae9261fefb20.JPG   and my standby/old faithful choice:  826787077_DeepRiver.JPG.20deda85cda9873072814c5a3932deac.JPG

If dip is involved, it must be sour cream + onion soup mix. Fritos are also acceptable for dipping. 

Chips that will not pass my lips are Wise brand (too salty, cuts up my mouth), Pringles (too processed), and most flavored chips.  Apparently I'm a potato purist.

• Love 3

I like cheddar and sour cream chips, too 🙂. And just regular ol' sour cream and onion, again, any brand. And I like Doritos' Cool Ranch and nacho cheese ones as well. 

I've never had any of the firey flavored chips, but I'm not eager to try them. I don't like barbecue-flavored chips, but then again, I don't like barbecue-flavored anything, so...

• Love 3
On 2/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, JTMacc99 said:

You'd find me hoarding these if they appeared in a bowl:

image.thumb.png.1b83597e3a7e5d27969c76dfb54eebb7.png

The 40% less fat means they're good for me, right?

I guess this means I’ll have to bring my own bag of Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips 
––but mine will be low salt anyway
––but if anyone dips a hand or finger into my bag or bowl, those chips will instantly become the worst thing ever. 
And that has been my policy since 1978 when I caught a terrible cold/flu after sharing avocado dip with someone with “the sniffles.” 
Evidently I’ve been preparing for a pandemic for over 40 years. 

Edited by shapeshifter
Typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4