Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

1. Length. My hair can get pretty long (It's long right now, because it's been ages since I've gone to get it cut), and it's also thick, so I like being able to manage the length. Especially given how warm it can get in the summer. I want to be able to keep my hair shorter in the summer if possible. I just don't think I would look good with certain hair colors, and I like my hair color as it is, so...

2. Worst player. I already suck at sports, so it wouldn't be any change for me, really :p. And the team would be guaranteed to win no matter how badly I did, so that works for me. 

3. Both would suck, of course, but I'll go with itchy. I could handle that a little more easily than I could a persistent cough, I think. 

• Love 3

Length, because then I won’t always be looking for something to tie it back/put it up. 

Worst player, because I’m horribly competitive.

I’d rather cough than itch. I scratch myself in my sleep and leave huge ugly marks already...

• Love 3

1.  Color:  there are a few colors I'd love to try at the moment.

2.  Worst player:  been one on a constantly losing team, so I'd try doing on a better team

3. Constantly itch:  in these times a constant cough would get you side eye and a lot of personal space.

• Love 2

1. Length.  My hair got waaaaay too long last year, and I couldn't get it cut.  It nearly drove me to distraction.

2. Worst player on a winning team.  It would be too frustrating for me if I were the best player on a bad team.

3. This one's tough, but I think I'll take the cough.  A week or so of poison ivy one summer a few years back was almost more than I could handle, especially when I got hot and sweaty.

• Love 4

1.  Color.  I'm growing my color out now and would like it to go faster.  It would be great to change it on a whim.  My hair is thick and grows pretty fast so no issues there.

2.  Worst player on a winning team.  I'm not a team player so this way I can sit in the back and watch everyone else.

3.  Cough.  I think I can temporarily subdue the cough easier rather than the itch, plus scratching doesn't help my already dry skin.

• Love 3

I have lovely doody brown hair that I don't ever want to color, so the length thing. 

I've already been the worst player on a good team, so that one. No pressure that way.

I'm always itchy and I hate it but I'm used to it. I hate having a cough.

• Love 2

OMG, hair colour. It's getting more and more white and with things shutting down all the time, it's driving me nuts. 

I've always sucked at sports. So, I think I would like to try being the best player on a losing team. 

And I would take cough over itching. I don't mind driving people away, lol. 

• Love 2

Color (though I don't really have a desire to change it) because I like my hair long and I cringe at photos from when I was a kid and had short hair.

Worst player on a good team, because you can have fun cheerleading from the bench and everyone is usually happier than with a bad team.  And even being the best player on a mediocre team (not always losing) often results in everyone blaming you for not doing more when things don't go right.

Itching, even though it would be annoying, because I can't stand to cough even once (unless there's an obvious explanation, like water going down the wrong pipe) without thinking I have a life-threatening illness again.

• Love 3

It would be weird if I started changing the color of my hair, but it would be interesting to change up the length and style every day.

If we're talking about being a professional athlete, I'll be the the last guy on the bench for a championship team. I'd still be a really good player, but just not as good as the rest of the guys I'd be drinking champagne with at the end of the season.

But if we're talking about high school or college or weekend softball teams, I would definitely want to be the best player on a team that loses all the time. My endless optimism buoyed by my own confidence from my personal success would have me thinking that "we'll win the next one!"

And I had bronchitis for about a month this winter, and all I did was cough. So pass the ointments, because I'll go with always itchy.

• Love 3

"Would you rather..."

• Be able to change the color of your hair whenever you want or be able to change the length of your hair whenever you want?
    • Length, however...
      Either, because I've never colored my hair but probably would if I could undo it easily. It would be fun to see how it would look bright blue, or if I could recapture my chestnut brown highlights with black shadows of my youth.
      But it would be great to have really short hair for swimming and going out wearing a mask, but then chin-length for Zoom and other occasions, and not have it ever get to that awkward length, and occasionally relive my decades of really long hair that I can easily put up in a braid or a knot.

• Be the worst player on a team that always wins, or the best player on a team that always loses?
    • Worst player on winning team...
      I suppose they can't hate you too much if they win, and this option means I was actually on a team, so as long as I don't get hurt playing, I'll be the worst, and I'll wow them with my self-deprecating humor afterwards. 
      To be clear, I'm not choosing to be the worst on the winning team out of any sense of altruism. I don't care who wins.

• Constantly itch or always have a cough
    • Hah! Trick question, right? (since coughing is an itch in your throat)
  • Love 4

1. My hair is super thin, so assuming we are going with what we have already, I would choose color change because my hair cannot be long as that emphasizes the thin-ness.

2. Definitely the best player on a losing team as I am not competitive at all and don't care if I win at *anything* but it would be fun to be a good athlete of any sort for once in my life.

3. Itching would be preferable to coughing as coughing quickly gives me a sore mid-section and I assume we would be allowed to use some kind of ointment or whatever to mitigate the itchiness.

• Love 2

Let's hear your cat's (or cats') royal name. It is encouraged to show us the little princesses as well. 

image.thumb.png.dc7286de4b885c0d6859ccf52456624c.png

I'll need to have a chat with Duchess Whiskers Pawpignon later today about her 6:00 A.M. shenanigans. 

CE184037-D482-40AE-B805-04ED9532D4AB.jpeg

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Might I also add, all of the pictures of the cats pictured above are adorable.

I was looking through my camera roll for a picture of Luna where she was looking "regal". 

Instead I went with, "I'm going to sit in this bag of Christmas garland in front of a toy chest."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm including middle names because while it was not intentional they all wound up with the same first initial. 

I just know I'd use these too if they were still here.  😸

Lady Bubbles Tiddles Tinker Catogan-Smythe
Lady Bubbles Mog Caterwaul Catogan-Smythe
Lord Bubbles Snuffles Tiddles Catogan-Smythe
Lord Bubbles Pickle Cherub Catogan-Smythe

• Love 7

Duchess Meowly De Chat Noir, better known as Alice.

This is my favorite picture of her.  She happened to meow at just the right time, but she looks fierce (and she is fierce.  Let's just say she has a reputation.)

244974993_FeistyAlice.thumb.jpeg.f845e3ff265f105d6865b4267d8ca297.jpeg

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Hee, Tiddles looks like a statue in that picture :D. 

The statue kitty is actually Queen Caterwauls (Bella), the grey tuxedo cat.  And the beggar kitty is King Tiddles (aka Max), the maine c*** cat. 

I changed picture and it swapped out the orders and I should've swapped out the names.  They are my little loves.  They're litter mates but the vet says their Momma was a naughty cat, with Bella & Max having different fathers.  😱🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

The Would You Rather Series - Part 3

Would you rather...

1. Have a cool new article of clothing in your closet every morning or a new pair of shoes every week?
  2. Always have to enter a room by announcing your name or always have to do cartwheels on the way out? (Assume that regardless of any other physical limitations you might have, you are proficient at doing cartwheels for this question.)
  3. Lick a dirty trash can or the bathroom floor?

let's go love GIF by Target

Guidelines for the Would You Rather Series:

• Let us know why you chose one over the other, especially if you have strong feelings about always wanting to be a dancer or eating pizza!
  • PM me with any of your own to include in future questions.
  • Please TRY to answer the questions with the assumption that you wouldn't die making one of the choices. For example, you will not die from obesity from eating Pizza or Ice Cream every meal. It's just "which one would you rather be stuck eating forever."
    - Unless the question is clearly asking you which dangerous situation you would rather face. Then you can assume you might die.
  • Love 2
  1. Clothing. I only wear tennis shoes cause I'm old. I like to admire cool shoes though.
  2.  Cartwheels. I sure do miss cartwheels.
  3. I hate you. 😠 The trash can in any universe. Always the trash can. I can't say it enough; the trash can.

The Nanny 90S GIF

I gotta put on my face before I lick that can.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

1. Clothing.  My heart loves shoes, my feet not so much.  

2.  Announcing myself whenever I come in.  I wear too many skirts and dresses to be doing cartwheels on a daily basis.

3.  My bathroom floor and only my bathroom floor.  I keep that shit clean.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

1.  Clothing.  I have lots of shoes, and I love shoes, but my feet really only love 2-3 pairs of all my shoes.

2.  Announce myself when I come in the room.  The cartwheel thing would get annoying, especially if you're carrying something.

3.  I'm gonna have to go with trash can, though both disgust me equally.  There will be lots and lots of mouthwash!

• Love 4

Sorry @festivus! There was only so long before I was going there.

For me:

1. I think I'd go with the cartwheel. If I had to announce myself entering the room, it would probably lead to a lot of explaining why I did that. If I cartwheel out the door, there would probably be a lot of "Well that was strange" conversations, but what would I care? I just left.

2. Not sure what this says about me, but I'd go with shoes, especially because in the scenario I'm assuming these imaginary shoes will fit perfectly. Shoes are more like tools or gadgets to me. Cool wingtips one week, work boots the next week, and bring on the hiking shoes and sneakers.

3. Trash can.

disgusted matilda GIF

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

1.  I would say shoes, but then you'd have to break them in, unless they come that way.  So I'm gonna go with clothing.

2.  Cartwheels, announcing my presence would cause people to look at me and I hate being the center of attention. 

3.  Dirty trashcan,  (6of one, 1/2dozen of the other)

• Love 3

This one is easy!

1) Definitely shoes - I have a serious shoe fetish and you should see my Converse collection! I have a new pair of white leather Converse actually on the way...

2) Cartwheels. I was a baby ballerina and took some gymnastics too. I can still do cartwheels and round offs if someone wants to provide a nice flat lawn and I'll be 65 next month.

3) Ughhh...probably my bathroom floor as at least I know I clean it quite often. Ughh.

• Love 4

1) shoes, shoes... I want all the shoes!  Why only once a damn week when y'all would get a new outfit daily?  ::: stamps feet

2) Cartwheels, assuming I'm able to do them.  That would leave an impression!  

3) MY own floor?  Okay.. OR a trash can that never sees anything else BUT My tongue.. 😛

• Love 4

1. Shoes.  I love clothes, but I love shoes even more. 

2. Cartwheels.  Both would be dumb, but at least the latter would be fun (especially because in this magical universe I can do a cartwheel, which I can't do in the real one).  Plus, exercise.

3. Bathroom floor.  I mean, I don't shit on it, and I clean it regularly (whereas I only clean my trash can if something goes wrong, and you specified a dirty trash can), so what's the big deal?  I don't go around licking my floors, but if for some reason I had to take a one-time lick off a floor only my cat and I walk around on?  Fine. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

1. Clothes. It would be nice to have a little more variety in the types of outfits I get to wear each day. Shoes, I don't care-I generally wear sneakers anyway, so it's not like there'd be much different about wearing a new pair of sneakers each day. 

2. Probably the cartwheels, because, a) in this universe, I can do those, so I'd actually have fun doing one for a change, and b) it just seems like a weird, fun way to go in and out of rooms :p. Plus, since I generally stick to hanging out with family and friends, they already know who I am, so announcing myself seems pointless. The point made in another post about carrying something being a problem is valid, though....

3. Bathroom floor. I know what's on that floor. I can't always know what's on a trash can, even if it's my own. 

• Love 3

1) Please give me the the clothes. Unless I’m going to a specific event, I’m always in either my sneakers or my Uggs. 
2) I’d announce myself as it’s been ages since I’ve done a cartwheel and would probably crash into something. 
3) My bathroom floor. I have white tiles and I keep them pristine. I’m sure it has much less bacteria on it than my garbage can. 

• Love 5

1. Clothes. Preferably designer. 

2. I would announce myself. Cartwheels requires way too much energy and I'm lazy, heh. 

3. If it was my bathroom floor than yes. My grandfather's or a public bathroom? Give me the garbage, heh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

1) Clothes.  I am not a shoe person. I like several pair and for them to be nice but I am not show fetisher. Now, clothes.  Oh I love clothes!

2) Announce myself.  To cartwheel out you need energy.  I can't imagine energy.

3) Bathroom floor.  My own personal bathroom floor is clean.  Any other bathroom floor, I'd find an out of the way corner, I won't mind a stray cobweb. The idea of a garbage can, tho,  gives me the heaves just thinking about it.

• Love 4

1.  Clothes, because I don't have an extensive wardrobe, but still more than shoes, where I just wear the same pair (black walking shoes) until they wear out and I replace them with another one.

2.  Announcing myself, because even though we're able to do cartwheels in this other universe, I still think I would end up misjudging the amount of space I had and crashing into a door or something after the landing.

3.  Bathroom floor, because there is no way to know just what is crawling around on the garbage can (and I don't want to know).  The bathroom is relatively clean in comparison.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
  1. Shoes –– I would give away most of them, but hopefully also get some that don’t hurt. I have enough clothes. Sign me up now!
  2. Cartwheels! –– I desperately tried to do cartwheels when I was younger but my short torso couldn’t do them. Of course, this choice presupposes that my wrists are impervious to fractures.
  3. Hah! Another trick question! Of course the sparkling clean, sterilized bathroom floor! (Not the “dirty” trash can)

ETA for @festivus (dammit! the one time I don't re-quote the question, without which, I would definitely have specified a sterile trash can)

On 3/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, JTMacc99 said:

Would you rather...

1. Have a cool new...
  2. Always have to enter a room by...
Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Hah! Another trick question! Of course the sparkling clean, sterilized bathroom floor! (Not the “dirty” trash can)

Why can't the trash can be clean too? I clean my cans. There's just something about bathrooms that give me the heaves no matter how clean they are.  I can't remember if the original question said whether the floors or can had to be dirty. Anyhoo, the point is it's all JT's fault. 

Get Him Twitter GIF by MOODMAN

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:
  1. Shoes –– I would give away most of them, but hopefully also get some that don’t hurt. I have enough clothes. Sign me up now!
  2. Cartwheels! –– I desperately tried to do cartwheels when I was younger but my short torso couldn’t do them. Of course, this choice presupposes that my wrists are impervious to fractures.
  3. Hah! Another trick question! Of course the sparkling clean, sterilized bathroom floor! (Not the “dirty” trash can)

ETA for @festivus (dammit! the one time I don't re-quote the question, without which, I would definitely have specified a sterile trash can)

On 3/11/2021 at 8:23 AM, JTMacc99 said:

Would you rather...

1. Have a cool new...
  2. Always have to enter a room by...

Edited 3 minutes ago by shapeshifter ·

Soo, like I said, we all know whose fault this is. 😄🤢😠 I'll still pick the dirty can!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  1. Clothes — hopefully I would actually have clothes that fit me then!
  2. Announce myself — what if I’m trying to carry food or something when I leave?
  3. My personal bedroom trash can — I know that any dirt there is mine and mine alone.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

If Your Life Was A Movie, What Songs Would Be On The Soundtrack?

I imagine this movie will follow me back in time. Some songs on the soundtrack will tie into a time period, others will tie into a situation.  The Fountains of Wayne will show up with this song, as for sure there have been moments when the lyrics "I gotta get my shit together; 'Cause I can't live like this forever" will fit nicely with the story.

• Love 1