Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

The Would You Rather Series - Part 9

Would you rather...

1. It always be Spring or always be Autumn. (Imagine that the spring weather pattern would start on March 21st, go to June 21st, and then for the next three months make it's way back to March 21st and so on forever. Same idea for Autumn.)
  2. Wake up in your underwear at work or wake up naked in the woods 20 miles from home?
  3. Have every movie you watch slowly turn into Shrek or have every song you listen to slowly turn into Smash Mouth’s "All Star"?

eddie murphy shrek GIF

Guidelines for the Would You Rather Series:

• Let us know why you chose one over the other, especially if you have strong feelings about always wanting to be a dancer or eating pizza!
  • PM me with any of your own to include in future questions.
  • Please TRY to answer the questions with the assumption that you wouldn't die making one of the choices. For example, you will not die from obesity from eating Pizza or Ice Cream every meal. It's just "which one would you rather be stuck eating forever."
    - Unless the question is clearly asking you which dangerous situation you would rather face. Then you can assume you might die.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

The Would You Rather Series - Part 9

Would you rather...

1. It always be Spring or always be Autumn. (Imagine that the spring weather pattern would start on March 21st, go to June 21st, and then for the next three months make it's way back to March 21st and so on forever. Same idea for Autumn.)
  2. Wake up in your underwear at work or wake up naked in the woods 20 miles from home?
  3. Have every movie you watch slowly turn into Shrek or have every song you listen to slowly turn into Smash Mouth’s "All Star"?

1) I’ll choose spring because there would be an abundance of blooming colorful flowers. 
2) Underwear at work. As a nurse we are not unfamiliar with bodies and at least I would have my sensitive parts covered. Although goodness forbid I get mistaken as a lost patient! Waking up 20 miles in the woods would be terrible. I’d imagine I’d be covered in mosquito bites, scratches from bushes and I'm not used to being barefoot. 
3) Hmmm...happy ending or catchy tune. I’ll take “All Star”. 
Thank you for the ear worm. I may have to come back tomorrow and change my answer after hearing the song all day in my head. 

• Love 4

1. Autumn, hands down. I love autumn, I love the cooler weather, so I'd be perfectly happy with that setup. 

2. Hm. Wake up in my underwear at work. Embarrassing, yes, but at least I'd be partially clothed. 

3. Every movie slowly turn into Shrek. If I'm listening to a favorite song, I would be annoyed if it switched to another song. I don't mind Shrek as a movie, so I could deal with that switch. 

• Love 4

1. Not much difference between the seasons here, so I'll take spring for Daylight Saving Time.

2. Underwear at work.  I work from home; I could already do that daily.

3. I've never seen Shrek (and have no interest in doing so), but I don't think the specific film and song matter here; it's a matter of whether you'd never be able to finish a movie or never be able to finish a song.  So I'll go with song, because at least I know how they end, even if I no longer get to listen to them all the way through.  Never knowing how any new-to-me movie ends would be worse.

• Love 4
  1. When I wrote that one down, I thought my answer would obviously be fall.  But I think I'm going to go with Spring. There's just a lot more nice weather here in New York from mid-April through mid-June than there is for that mid-September through mid-November run.  (I've decided that for my answer, the earth continues to revolve around the sun for 12 months, so I don't have to consider the length of days, which would make Spring a clear winner.)
  2. I'll take my chances in the woods. I've seen that awful show, and in this case, it's just twenty miles from my house and not the middle of nowhere. I just have to keep walking until a stranger finds me, offers me something to cover up, and hopefully call a cab for me.
  3. This is actually the easiest one for me.  I can survive without movies for the rest of my life. I can't imagine a world where all of my music ends up with the same ending.
  • Love 2

Spring

underwear at work (I probably would have at least a sweater at my desk, and work has been wfh for over a year now so I’d actually be waking up at home and I’m scared of woods.

Smash Mouth’s All Star.  Might be slightly annoying but I don’t mind the song, if it was a song I hated I would have to reconsider 

• Love 1

1.  Fall - there's football and holidays and it's sweater weather.  Plus Fall Back gets you more time!

2. In my office in my underwear.  Because I know I have sweaters in my office and I know where the big tablecloth is kept.

3. Smash Mouth - I can't stand the thought of all movies turning into a cartoon.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:
  • It always be Spring or always be Autumn. (Imagine that the spring weather pattern would start on March 21st, go to June 21st, and then for the next three months make it's way back to March 21st and so on forever. Same idea for Autumn.)
  • Wake up in your underwear at work or wake up naked in the woods 20 miles from home?
  • Have every movie you watch slowly turn into Shrek or have every song you listen to slowly turn into Smash Mouth’s "All Star"?

1. Autumn. I love the flavors, pumpkin, apple, the crispness of the air, I also like bundling up in a sweater or a blanket, and love boots! 

2. Wake up in my underwear at work. If it's right now, no one else is there so wooo, but in general, I wear underwear that aren't any skimpier than a bikini so...yeah. I also there are a lot of bugs in the woods and unless my naked ass is covered in bug spray, no thank you

3. I hate Shrek with a passion so I'll go with All Star, get my game on and go play. 

• Love 3

1.  Autumn.  I have developed spring allergies in my dotage, and I would rather it get cooler, but not too cold, then start over again with warm.  Spring where I live is a crapshoot when it'll get warm and stay that way -- we've had morning temps in the 30s in the past week or so, and I am over it.

2.  Underwear at work.  We have lab coats and emergency pants in case someone spills a chemical.

3.  Smash Mouth.  I love movies!  I love going to the movies, and I love all the variety of movies that I get to see when theaters are actually in operation.  I would cry if all the movies were the same.

• Love 4

1. Autumn, because I do not care much for warmer weather and have a better wardrobe for the cool.  It's also easier to handle cool weather even in the house, as I have to wear several layers all year round to avoid cat bites (though he is behaving better).

2.  Underwear at work.  I'm home anyway, but if I were at an office I could always try to pass a bra off as a new trendy shirt like that woman on an episode of Seinfeld.  Being lost and unable to get home appears in enough of my nightmares without adding in nakedness!

3. Smash Mouth, as I could maybe pass off this happening as a mash-up and it wouldn't seem as disturbing as every movie turning into an animated film I haven't seen.

• Love 1

1. Autumn.  Usually I am all about warm weather.  But in a choice between Spring and Autumn, most def autumn.  My fall wardrobe is bangin'  -- sweaters of all types, tall leather boots, rich colors.  Also I live in New York Finger lakes wine country fall is the best time to go to the wineries all around the lakes. There is one winery that does fresh pressed grape juice of all their different wine grapes and does tastings on grape juice if you are not a wine person.  You'd be amazed at how different grape juices can taste when drinking just the juice of one grape varietal!

2. Under wear at work.  Do I look like I am in a horror movie?  My ass -- naked or clothed -- will not be waking up in anybody's woods.

3. Shrek. I hate that Smashmouth song.

• Love 3

1. Autumn.  Best season of the year in NYC.

2.  Underwear at work.   Trick answer! I'm retired so I don't go to work anymore!

3.  I guess I'd have to choose death or something because both of those are a nightmare for me.

• Love 3

1. Definitely autumn, although here on the beach in central California there is really only one season. But if I were still in the mountains, autumn because it will be cooling off and I am a boots and sweaters girl.

2. Underwear at work although I don't wear a bra all the time (I am not especially well endowed and kinda hate bras, even the most skimpy kinds) but naked in the woods sounds like becoming a feast for bugs yikes!

3. I hate Shrek and haven't a clue what the Smashmouth song sounds like, so I'll go with the song.

• Love 1

image.thumb.png.ec97aaa3fc495c5e2097d8d1dcec5e5d.png

Or if you're retired and want to answer this question, what you did for a living.

Me:  I make spreadsheets with numbers that are explained with the words "Probably", "I think", and "If..."

Covid forced me into early retirement but here goes...

Random people would send me batches of text files full of numbers and after tons of mouse clicks and coffee, sometimes they would end up on airplanes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I get things off of shelves and out of drawers and leave them out for a while.  Then I put them all away and get different things out for a while.  And so on for months, then I start over again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Until May 2019:

People came to me to show them how to find answers to questions, or sometimes to answer questions, or to ask me to show other people how to answer questions, and often this required a lot of time making signs and creating web pages and learning stuff about the subject of the questions. 

This same assignment showed up on Facebook where my lifelong friend who is a professional artist simply said:   
“I squeeze tubes.” 😆

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4