Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Making Up Is Hard to Do

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. They both hurt each other. Life is too short to hang on to this crap. I think they're both afraid of apologizing if the other doesn't. They're afraid to go first. But maybe neither really thinks she NEEDS to apologize. I know Lu doesn't. No one has even brought up anything she should apologize FOR. She and Barbara act like it's all on Dorinda. But Dorinda needs to own her part in it as well. They're both being ridiculous.

I agree. They both are at fault...woman up, apologize to each other and see if the friendship can be salvaged.  Dorinda has behaved badly, true, but I get her...her loyalty and support was jettisoned by Luanne's haughtiness  and self absorption. I think the friendship's always been unbalanced...Dorinda giving and Luanne taking. There's nothing wrong with that as long as both parties are respectful and mature. The friendship gets tanked though when the giver (Dorinda) feels unappreciated and inconsidered by the taker (Luanne).

Yes, I am proudly Pro-Dorinda, despite her slurrings and rantings. She might be a delusional denier, but she's authentic. LOL.  Probably a Gemini.

She should call me. Or the APA. 

Dorinda, Forever!

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Barbara was too much, smirking as she grilled Dorinda about Luann. I’d get upset and kick her out, too. 

I can't stand this woman...what a yenta. She loves stirring the pot with Dorinda. Dollars to donuts that when they were in discussions about a new woman joining the cast it was run by Bethenny first. She gave Barbara, her friend, the nod to producers. As long as Bethenny is on this show, no new cast members will be added without Bethenny's approval.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Was the double dipping about sanitation? I thought it was so every container had about the same amount. I was confused.  No one was eating off the ladle or touching it,  well except the handle. Sorry if this is a stupid question. 😋

Not a stupid question. Different sized ladles are used all the time to measure. It's more efficient to use the ladle instead of having to use a measuring cup and then into the containers. 

Still can't believe what an ass she was there. When she started eating the soup I was flabbergasted. WTF? I hope they banned her from there. Maybe we could get Kelly from OC to show her how to volunteer. At least Kelly is doing it of her own volition, not court ordered. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

'Laurie is a true New Yorker and a bit of a broad ' says Dorinda. 

I have lost my words. What's happened here? ??

20190328_133658.jpg

Where to begin? The fake bottle tan, the bad cosmetic procedures, the weird hair...

• Love 10
11 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

God's Love we Deliver was the charity long championed by Joan Rivers -- her Celebrity Apprentice winnings went to them and in the documentary about her she makes deliveries. I miss her so much.

I feel for Tinsley, but GIRL. You are never gonna move to Chicago. Scott tried living in NYC and hated it. You're hanging on just to hang on.

If you love Joan Rivers as I do, did you read the book Melissa wrote about her life?  It is so big .. weighs like 100 lbs. chock full of pictures and mimentos.  I got it at the library.  It’s fabulous.

Im wondering if Scott wants Tinsley to move to Chicago and marry him.  Is she staying here just to be on the show?  If that’s the case, she should just move.  She did live in Florida after all.  What is she waiting for?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And she kept double dipping. I guess homeless people don't need to worry about sanitation? 

I don’t think the double dipping is about sanitation, as no one (as far as we know!) has eaten off the ladle.  I think it’s just about dishing out consistent  amounts.

(Never mind, already been answered at least twice)

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

If you love Joan Rivers as I do, did you read the book Melissa wrote about her life?  It is so big .. weighs like 100 lbs. chock full of pictures and mimentos.  I got it at the library.  It’s fabulous.

Im wondering if Scott wants Tinsley to move to Chicago and marry him.  Is she staying here just to be on the show?  If that’s the case, she should just move.  She did live in Florida after all.  What is she waiting for?

Tinsley and Scott are no more...they broke up.

• Useful 3
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think her worst offense was she used burnt orange foundation on the face and morgue ashy foundation on the neck - making both look more horrible than it was already

I came on this board today to distract my eyes and mind from a horrible video I saw earlier this morning of two men luring a mama bear out of her hibernation cave to shoot her and her cubs...it was so horrible I didn't think it would be possible to get it out of my mind but going on this forum has distracted me and made me laugh, especially the speculations on the realtor's "look".  Thanks everyone for this.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, b2H said:

Going back to Lu's discussion about her parole officer:  if she has to ask permission to go to her home in upstate NY, how's that going to go when she has a cabaret performance outside of the State of NY?  How does that get cleared?  What happens if the parole officer says no?  Lu has signed contracts for those performances.

While probation can be restrictive, it's not meant to intentionally make someone fail. It doesn't do society any good for someone with a job that involves they travel to force them into unemployment because a probation officer decides to restrict their travel just because. It sounds like Luann's probation officer was setting some terms and limits - she's on probation so she needs to understand that she has to clear her travel.

It certainly seems Luann isn't taking it all that seriously. 

Ramona's "It looks like Bethenny crying" was just pure gold. 

Considering how she's all over the show, I don't see why Barb doesn't have an apple. I find her a little dull but someone needs to play with Luann and Tinsley is too busy dressing her dog so I guess Barb is it.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

So Dorinda bought the apartment so she could rent it?  I assumed she was going to live there, at least part-time.  Barbara was right...it did need some work. The ceiling lights needed replaced and it definitely needed painting.  And Dorinda balked because she didn't want to spend the money on a rental?  I guess she wanted to just make a few quick  cosmetic changes.  

I enjoyed everything about the show except the Luanne vs. Dorinda nonsense.  Ramona's date?  Give him the hook.

I actually understood her point.  For a rental, she can just refresh her place and get some good $ for it.  If she were to sell it, she should do what Barbara suggested for top dollar.  

Meanwhile, both her and Barbara have terrible taste in decor.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Sonja called Barb the builder “butch” looking !! 🤪

Luann probably should have acknowledged Jovani for donating dresses, and I don’t blame Dorinda for being salty - however their feud has grown exponentially and has become tedious to watch. The two of them need to sit down like adults and discuss it and then drop it. 

#jovanigate is as yawn inducing as the BH bitches #puppygate. This is what happens when Bravo lets its best shows jump the shark and start eating their own.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I was really confused about the whole Dorinda apartment business. I thought she bought a new place to move into to start afresh and was thinking about renting out her old place for income. Then when Barbara came over, I assumed it was to the new place, she was talking about not wanting to do things because it was a rental. Is she living in a rental herself,  did not buy the apartment? 

Confused! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I can't stand this woman...what a yenta. She loves stirring the pot with Dorinda. Dollars to donuts that when they were in discussions about a new woman joining the cast it was run by Bethenny first. She gave Barbara, her friend, the nod to producers. As long as Bethenny is on this show, no new cast members will be added without Bethenny's approval.

Barbara is Lu's friend, not Bethenny's friend. B did become more friendly with her through the intervention process but they aren't close by any stretch. 

• Love 6

Please tell me how the average New Yorker can afford the rent there? It is insane. 

Sometimes it is possible, but Ramona was more endearing, and had the best segment. I'd love to see more blind date match ups with her. Of course, the line she had at the end for next week's preview had me LMFAO. I thought it looked like Bethenny (sans makeup) too. 

It was sad to watch Dorinda with her bed head, erratic behaviour, arm waving, and slurring her words. She appears to be on mood stabilizers and then drinks until she's dun lost her mind. And she has come undone. Slowly slowly, she has lost her sense of self.  Also, she's still living with Richard's ghost. She's mentioned him this episode, and the last one. She needs help so desperately.

Lu is  full of herself. She lives for being notorious. It gives her the 'cool mom' cred. She's the type to sniff her own farts and thinks it not only smells great but should be bottled into a perfume. On a positive note, she looked stunning at the Gangsta dinner. I loved the top she had on. 

Sonja Sonja Sonja. Always the tramp, never the lady.

Loving Tins this season. I want the blue dress she had on during the rooftop patio scene. Gorgeous. Her Mom is the worst. She's quite jealous of her daughter and tries to knock her down a few pegs. It's not good to have a Mother who tries to erode a daughter's self-esteem. Also, if Tinsley wants a child she could get pregnant, or adopt, but she wants to find the right guy. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm so glad my Mother never pushed me to have children. She just wants me to be happy. That is all a Mother can hope for her children. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
25 minutes ago, esco1822 said:
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Barbara is Lu's friend, not Bethenny's friend. B did become more friendly with her through the intervention process but they aren't close by any stretch. 

It's easy to see how one would think B was behind Bawbwa's hiring because according to B, she is the self-proclaimed consigliere of the NY Ho's. *insert hard eye roll here* And what's all this bullshit about it being a 'Gangster' lunch? Just because they were going to Little Italy? For christsake, these women pretend to be so 'real New Yorkers' and they think the place they went to is a mafiosa type place? AYFKM? Any restaurant in Little Italy that would have them film there is a garden variety Italian restaurant. There's nothing edgy about that place. These Ho's are ridiculous. If it's not Bergdorf's or Bloomie's, they have no fucking idea about the City. They all act like hoity toity tourists most of the time.

1 minute ago, Barbara Please said:

Please tell me how the average New Yorker can afford the rent there? It is insane. 

I had to re wind to hear Lawwwrie say "$8000, at least..." There is no way Dorinda's place is worth that, it's just not that big or nice. No way. I'm calling NYC Real Estate bullshit on that one.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

I was watching with my daughter and said 'omg that looks like Bethenny! ' a nanosecond before Ramona said the same thing!

I was right there with your daughter, and assumed next week we'll see a scary creature representing each HW among the decorations.  But apparently that's not the case.  Oops!

14 hours ago, bosawks said:

How is it possible to be so bad at ladling soup?

I've always found ladles to be problematic.  Something about the long handle and the round bowl-thing isn't ergonomically friendly for me, and that one was super long (Luann mentioned how heavy it was).  I can empty it to a certain point, but to get that last little bit out of the ladle, I have to twist my wrist and elbow unnaturally.  And if the container I'm putting it into is about the same size as the bowl on the end of the ladle, I find it hard to angle it in without spilling, even if I'm not trying for the last bit.

That said, she was an ass. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Ugh. Lu was so gross at that kitchen. No one had ever done that before, the chef said!! And she kept double dipping. I guess homeless people don't need to worry about sanitation? Fuck her. 

As others said, the double dipping is not about sanitation. 

But also, God's Love We Deliver doesn't serve the homeless.  In fact, it's the exact opposite: they deliver only to people's homes, and won't leave food unless there is someone inside the residence to open the door and accept it.  They won't leave it with the doorman. 

Their mission is to provide nutritious meals to people with certain illnesses, regardless of their income.  (It started during the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s).  The meals take the person's illness into account if it has dietary implications.  

On the other end of the spectrum is the soup kitchen I volunteer at, which does serve the homeless.  We exercise safe food handling, of course, but there's no problem with the volunteers eating the food we serve.  But we rely mostly on donated food, and the standard is, "Would I eat it?"  In the case of the egg salad sandwiches we were making this week, when they busted open a loaf of cranberry walnut bread, my answer was, "Yes."  (Although it wasn't as tasty a combination as I'd hoped.)

So if I showed up at God's Love We Deliver, it might not occur to me that I shouldn't taste what I'm dishing up, but I would of course watch what everybody else was doing and get a feel for what goes on before actually doing it, instead of assuming I can do whatever I want.  Unlike Luann.

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Dorinda had 100%  been drinking before Barbara arrived.  Dorin immediately started with the hand gestures and her words were slurred a little.

I, too, noticed the hand gestures and slightly slurred words.  So back when Luann said something about Dorinda turning, I was right there with her because it's a progression we've all seen happen right before our eyes.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What the hell was Dorinda yelling at Barbara about drinking the cool aid, with the champagne and grape in the glass? I couldn't follow her at all. She really goes off her rocker when she starts drinking.

Did you think she was calling the champagne Kool-Aid?  "Drinking the Kool-Aid" comes from cult members at Jonestown who committed suicide and killed their children at Jim Jones's direction by drinking powdered drink mix (not Kool-Aid, btw) mixed with poison.  Almost 1,000 people died. 

57 minutes ago, Psalm11 said:

Yes, I am proudly Pro-Dorinda, despite her slurrings and rantings. She might be a delusional denier, but she's authentic. LOL.  Probably a Gemini.

Her birthday is December 13.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Dorinda wanted to rent or buy a new place (it wasn't clear) and either sell or rent out her current apartment, where Barbara was visiting her. I know she ended up moving to Sutton Place, but don't know the status of her old apartment, or if she wanted to rent it out long-term or try airBnB hosting.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I agree with this and also think Lu is in for a rude awakening when/if she reaches the step of having to make amends. You know if she is actually going to AA and working the steps. I'm not convinced she's doing anything more than is required by law as part of her probation. 

She's not even doing what the plea agreement requires of her. She isn't going to meetings. She isn't getting drug tested. She doesn't believe she's got an alcohol problem. There's no way she'll reach the making amends step because she doesn't think any of this is remotely applicable to her. How she continues to characterize the lawsuit should be evidence enough of her complete lack of sincerity.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/luann-de-lesseps-fails-to-prove-she-attends-aa-report/

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I was really confused about the whole Dorinda apartment business. I thought she bought a new place to move into to start afresh and was thinking about renting out her old place for income. Then when Barbara came over, I assumed it was to the new place, she was talking about not wanting to do things because it was a rental. Is she living in a rental herself,  did not buy the apartment? 

Confused! 

The apartment we saw Dorinda in this last episode is the same one that she's been living in since she started the show. It seems her realtor friend was the one who originally sold it to her. In fact, they were talking about that long ago transaction but the details are blurry to me as I was too distracted by the realtor's appearance. I got the impression that the years 1967 to 1972 had been very good to her, and she is going to do everything she can to hold on to that look - age be damned. Anyway, I digress. So yes, Dorinda does own that apartment and if she is unable to sell it she plans to rent it out. I always thought it looked pretty dismal. Apparently she had hired a designer for her house in the Berkshires but I suspect the apartment's decor is all her own doing. https://townvibe.com/drama-queen/

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, b2H said:

The very fact that the filming is there to demonstrate that Dorinda did in fact heckle Lu about the dress during the show and that she did in fact come with the papers (albeit on the cellphone) about the litigation shows that Dorinda is a dishonest individual who is not at all interested in apologizing for the things she demonstrably did.  I understand not breaking the fourth wall, but that's ridiculous and Dorinda should be ashamed.

See...I am not convinced that what Dorinda did was a heckle.  According to the interweb, a heckle is to "interrupt a public speaker with derisive or aggressive comments or abuse."  This can definitely be argued both ways, and I certainly wouldn't be mad if Judge Judy decided to take up the case, but my position is that a) Luann doesn't do anything important enough at these appearances to amount to "speech;" it's more like abuse of the English language (and the intelligent members of the audience); b) Dorinda wasn't being abusive per se; she was just giving a shout-out to the designer and; c) I think that if the relationship had been solid at the time, no one would have blinked at Dorinda shouting the name of Luann's dress designer at an already raucous performance.  I'm not so sure we can add intent to it just because we are privy to the fact that they were arguing beforehand.  I think we have to look at the situation on its face, and there's not enough there for me to render it a "heckle."  MMV.

Having said that, I did get what Bethenny (holy shit, I...liked her this episode) was going for:  you own something, the other person owns something, and call a truce.  That logic works when there are two cooperative parties at the bargaining table.  As soon as I got the sense that Luann was going to pounce on any apology Dorinda was going to give, I agreed that Dorinda should not offer an apology.  Luann was no saint; Dorinda spent a lot of time nurturing her.  If Dorinda got the sense that Luann was going to take any sincere apology as a sign of weakness and say something like, "yes, you did come for me and you knew I was suffering greatly at the time," then Dorinda would be well-advised to keep her trap shut and keep it cute.  I loved the repeat of the "we don't have to be friends now" line from Dorinda, complete with Luann visibly calculating her own chances of staying on the show if she is aliented from Dorinda in her head.  With friends like these...

Dorinda was doing so well until she started crying in front of Barb.  Barb is sleeping with the enemy, you dolt!  She is no friend of yours either.  I am actually loathe to even discuss Barbara, because she is not a Housewife and I hate her, so I don't want to feed into her fame or notoriety by talking about her.  

Yes, I Housewife-hate Barbara.  She is so much worse than any of the rest of them.  Her hairstyle is literally forty years out of date.  Her clothes are terrible.  She doesn't speak well.  Nothing she says contains any insight.  She doesn't move the show along.  She is a Basic 101 Bitch who is clearly trying to promote her company.  Move along, sister.  Go on one of Bravo's home renovation shows that I don't watch or something. 

I am not really enjoying this season as much as I have enjoyed other seasons.  It seems boring, stale, and undriven.  It's like everyone is more or less phoning it in.  There is some catalyst that is missing.  I need another Housewife (not a friend-of, because those are bullshit and confusing; but a Housewife who contributes to the energy of this thing).  Bravo, please bring back Jill, Heather, Aviva, or even Kristen or find a new goddamn Housewife.

Since there is so much talk of the Twelve Steps going on, I feel that this is a safe place to say: Hi, my name is LibertarianSlut, and I miss Carole. At first I felt like I could control it by putting conditions on it, like, "I'll only want her back if she had permanently lost the 120 lbs that is Adam."  But what  started as just a fleeting thought here and there has gotten to the point where it is coming to my mind every single week.  Sometimes I can think of nothing other than Carole to the point where it drowns out what Barbara is saying.  I realize I am powerless over this;  It has caused such a painful division between myself and the cast of RHNYC, and I just need to get it off my chest so that I can begin to do the spiritual work required to recover from this.  When these dark thoughts arise, I intend to re-watch old episodes to remind myself of how heinous Carole, in fact, was.  With the help of my higher power, I have decided to take it one overbite at a time.  Thank you for letting me share.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, b2H said:

In defense of the AA thing, I was in a relationship with someone in the program for almost a decade.  The one thing he always said was that AA resented a sentence that included having to attend AA meetings as a part of the sentence.  The whole deal with AA is an admission that one can't solve this alone.  Without that admission and especially being forced into it, the healing cannot begin.  So the whole idea of the program is defeated before the person walks in the door.  I attended a number of open meetings with the guy and I remember seeing more than a couple folks at the end getting a slip of paper signed to verify attendance.

AA is also not a cure-all for everyone.  It's not the only way to stop drinking, and it's not necessarily the most effective way for everyone.  And as you said, you have to WANT to stop.  Personally, if I were an alcoholic, I don't know to what extent I'd even consider AA since the whole "higher power" stuff does not work for me and is a huge turn-off.  HUGE.

I'm also not convinced Lu is an alcoholic.  Lots of people get blasted off their minds and do stupid shit.  It's not like she was going to actually kill a policeman; she was bombed.  Lots of people also self-medicate after a bad break-up, like the one with Tom, and get drunk for a while, like some people get depressed and eat themselves into a Haagen-Dasz oblivion for a while.  That doesn't mean she is unable to stop drinking or that it controls her life. I'm not saying this is healthy behavior, but it's also not necessarily true that she actually suffers from the disease that alcoholism is.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 21

I understand wanting an apology, because the lack of apology means, I was right to do what I did and I'd do it again.  The apology is supposed to represent the opposite of that, the remorse about the action.  So I understand Luann's position with Dorinda.  But then I understand anyone's position against Dorinda I think.   My opinion on her has drastically changed, I used to like her a lot in Season 8 (I think that's the right season.  The one with Jules) and perhaps season 9 also.

I used to think Tinsley was boring and a bad addition to this show, and I still kind of do, but regarding Tinsey:  I love her disposition.  There is something so classy and poised about her.  She really reminds me of a friend of mine who I think was just raised really well.  I also love how she keeps calm in the face of people being assholes (her Mom, Sonja, etc.)  It's really something.  I wonder how her father is because her Mom... well.... eh.

I don't like Barbara but I like her green necklace.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I, too, noticed the hand gestures and slightly slurred words.  So back when Luann said something about Dorinda turning, I was right there with her because it's a progression we've all seen happen right before our eyes.

The bed head in the back too. Summed up a lot for me. Dorinda in her own home was a new level of vulnerability. I think she copes better when she is out and about . A telling scene. 

And who ever coined Barbara as Barb the Builder that was genius! 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny f***ing Frankel  giving MEDIATION advice! On how two people can come together and get along!  hahaha What a rip off queen she is. She needs to take her own advice w/her ex husband. 

Dorinda had 100%  been drinking before Barbara arrived.  Dorin immediately started with the hand gestures and her words were slurred a little. I found this scene a little disturbing. I think Dorinda was drunk when B walked in already, the denial talk of changing her apartment (resistance), and everything contributed to her crying and falling apart when she started to talk about Lu. She looked like she had been hit with a ton of bricks accepting that her floors were horrible. I honestly feel Dorinda is depressed and needs immediate help, she probably has been since she lost Richard and she is self medicating. She is alone. Her daughter, John, and her friends are at arms length just enough to not push the issue. 

This fight is one addict fighting with another. I wish for both of them to get the support they need and stay close. Friends need each other.

*I found Laurie! What a sketch. Lauriecooper227 on Insta. I love her immediately. She is the new Rey. IBIZA YOU BITCH! 

Thank for this. Laurie is endless entertainment. And she is such a special kind of nyc broad to the poster who said that. Lol 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, izabella said:

AA is also not a cure-all for everyone.  It's not the only way to stop drinking, and it's not necessarily the most effective way for everyone.  And as you said, you have to WANT to stop.  Personally, if I were an alcoholic, I don't know to what extent I'd even consider AA since the whole "higher power" stuff does not work for me and is a huge turn-off.  HUGE.

I'm also not convinced Lu is an alcoholic.  Lots of people get blasted off their minds and do stupid shit.  It's not like she was going to actually kill a policeman; she was bombed.  Lots of people also self-medicate after a bad break-up, like the one with Tom, and get drunk for a while, like some people get depressed and eat themselves into a Haagen-Dasz oblivion for a while.  That doesn't mean she is unable to stop drinking or that it controls her life. I'm not saying this is healthy behavior, but it's also not necessarily true that she actually suffers from the disease that alcoholism is.

Well, I think she does.  And, it is ok! Nobody is judging her.  But, she broke some laws and now needs to deal with the consequences of her bad choices. 

AA is for support from others going to through the same thing. It is better this way.  Because, others in your life may not understand your need to drink.  People can just tell you.  Stop drinking.  But, at this point of addiction it is not about the alcohol but on how it makes you feel.  Alcoholics are looking to numb their feelings.

Lu is still in denial.  Lu  thinks she is still the cool party girl but it has all gotten her out of control. Lu cannot stop drinking or bedding men.

This is exactly why she got arrested if I remember. She broke into a hotel room to fuck some stranger. 

Then when she got arrested went ballistic on the cops.  Told them she was going to kill them. In that video she tried to kick them. 

She got off on this light punishment of AA, Rehab, community service and probation to avoid prison.

She cannot even do that.  FFS, just ladle like you were told.  Everyone following the rules but this bitch because yah know.......rules do not apply to a rich once upon a time Countess.

Yea!  Lu also tried to steal her kids money!  Cannot take ownership of that either and once again ran to rehab.

Lu cannot keep running away to Rehab.  It is better she attends her AA meetings!

She probably thinks she is too good and famous for this.

Her fancy rehabs should have some form of peer support groups......but, she won’t even attend those. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

*I found Laurie! What a sketch. Lauriecooper227 on Insta. I love her immediately. She is the new Rey. IBIZA YOU BITCH

Oh my god, this is *amazing*... and that photo from last night’s show, where Dorinda is in all her shiny glory and Laurie has been edited to the point of cartoon? Love it. I think I have some similar shots from the early days of those editing apps - what, like you’re supposed to enhance your friends, too?  Live and learn... 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Barbara was too much, smirking as she grilled Dorinda about Luann. I’d get upset and kick her out, too. 

I agree. There's something off about this woman with me. It's like she's not there to legit support LuAnn. She's enjoying it too much. 

2 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I don’t think the double dipping is about sanitation, as no one (as far as we know!) has eaten off the ladle.  I think it’s just about dishing out consistent  amounts.

(Never mind, already been answered at least twice)

Thanks, guys. That makes more sense. But there's still the whole, "what does it matter" attitude that LuAnn gives off in regards to people that are "lesser" than her. It just really bugs. 

46 minutes ago, izabella said:

I don't think Lu is an alcoholic either. I just think when she's in a bad place, she overdoes it and loses control. I think abstaining is a good idea, until she gets her shit sorted out. But I'm not sure she's self aware enough to do that. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was right there with your daughter, and assumed next week we'll see a scary creature representing each HW among the decorations.  But apparently that's not the case.  Oops!

I've always found ladles to be problematic.  Something about the long handle and the round bowl-thing isn't ergonomically friendly for me, and that one was super long (Luann mentioned how heavy it was).  I can empty it to a certain point, but to get that last little bit out of the ladle, I have to twist my wrist and elbow unnaturally.  And if the container I'm putting it into is about the same size as the bowl on the end of the ladle, I find it hard to angle it in without spilling, even if I'm not trying for the last bit.

That said, she was an ass. 

As others said, the double dipping is not about sanitation. 

But also, God's Love We Deliver doesn't serve the homeless.  In fact, it's the exact opposite: they deliver only to people's homes, and won't leave food unless there is someone inside the residence to open the door and accept it.  They won't leave it with the doorman. 

Their mission is to provide nutritious meals to people with certain illnesses, regardless of their income.  (It started during the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s).  The meals take the person's illness into account if it has dietary implications.  

On the other end of the spectrum is the soup kitchen I volunteer at, which does serve the homeless.  We exercise safe food handling, of course, but there's no problem with the volunteers eating the food we serve.  But we rely mostly on donated food, and the standard is, "Would I eat it?"  In the case of the egg salad sandwiches we were making this week, when they busted open a loaf of cranberry walnut bread, my answer was, "Yes."  (Although it wasn't as tasty a combination as I'd hoped.)

So if I showed up at God's Love We Deliver, it might not occur to me that I shouldn't taste what I'm dishing up, but I would of course watch what everybody else was doing and get a feel for what goes on before actually doing it, instead of assuming I can do whatever I want.  Unlike Luann.

Did you think she was calling the champagne Kool-Aid?  "Drinking the Kool-Aid" comes from cult members at Jonestown who committed suicide and killed their children at Jim Jones's direction by drinking powdered drink mix (not Kool-Aid, btw) mixed with poison.  Almost 1,000 people died. 

Her birthday is December 13.

Would  have been delicious with chicken salad.  Walnut cranberry bread mmmm a favorite. Love it with goat cheese and honey. 

Sorry, haven't had lunch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I could maybe overlook or sympathize with Luann’s double-dipping.  She could see she wasn’t filling each cup to the same level, and so double-dipping was an easier fix than really wrestling with that ladle.  But she was so cavalier with it all, on national television!  You would think she’d want to put her best foot forward!  But being a “Cabaret Star” has gone to her head, and I can’t wait to see B lose it with her.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Lu is an alcoholic either. I just think when she's in a bad place, she overdoes it and loses control. I think abstaining is a good idea, until she gets her shit sorted out. But I'm not sure she's self aware enough to do that. 

That's how I see it.  We've seen just about all of them overdoing it and losing control during stressful times.  Beth came back to the show and pretty much sobbed and screamed at people the entire season, and many were convinced she was on Adderall or something.  Ramona lost it just before and during her divorce, and many were convinced she was heavily medicated on prescription drugs and alcohol.  Sonja went insane a couple years ago during the last of her divorce settlement meetings and lawsuits and blabbed incessantly about John John and P Diddy's yacht (smokey eye, updo, Gstaad!), and drank herself into oblivion constantly, requiring Luann to be her snatch guard while Dorinda made sure she got to bed and Beth confronted her when they were on vacation to slow her roll.  Tinsley also apparently lost control with her situation before joining the show that led to her getting arrested.  That doesn't make any of them alcoholics, drug addicts, or insane.  Could they all really, really benefit from excellent therapy?  Absolutely!!  

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

I actually think this was to placate Barbara after her hot mic scene with Carole.  Fine, we filmed something you didn't like and YOU were not mic'd so we will throw you a bone, you can be friend of, show people your biz, now will you shut up?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

See...I am not convinced that what Dorinda did was a heckle.  According to the interweb, a heckle is to "interrupt a public speaker with derisive or aggressive comments or abuse."  This can definitely be argued both ways, and I certainly wouldn't be mad if Judge Judy decided to take up the case, but my position is that a) Luann doesn't do anything important enough at these appearances to amount to "speech;" it's more like abuse of the English language (and the intelligent members of the audience); b) Dorinda wasn't being abusive per se; she was just giving a shout-out to the designer and; c) I think that if the relationship had been solid at the time, no one would have blinked at Dorinda shouting the name of Luann's dress designer at an already raucous performance.  I'm not so sure we can add intent to it just because we are privy to the fact that they were arguing beforehand.  I think we have to look at the situation on its face, and there's not enough there for me to render it a "heckle."  MMV.

Having said that, I did get what Bethenny (holy shit, I...liked her this episode) was going for:  you own something, the other person owns something, and call a truce.  That logic works when there are two cooperative parties at the bargaining table.  As soon as I got the sense that Luann was going to pounce on any apology Dorinda was going to give, I agreed that Dorinda should not offer an apology.  Luann was no saint; Dorinda spent a lot of time nurturing her.  If Dorinda got the sense that Luann was going to take any sincere apology as a sign of weakness and say something like, "yes, you did come for me and you knew I was suffering greatly at the time," then Dorinda would be well-advised to keep her trap shut and keep it cute.  I loved the repeat of the "we don't have to be friends now" line from Dorinda, complete with Luann visibly calculating her own chances of staying on the show if she is aliented from Dorinda in her head.  With friends like these...

Dorinda was doing so well until she started crying in front of Barb.  Barb is sleeping with the enemy, you dolt!  She is no friend of yours either.  I am actually loathe to even discuss Barbara, because she is not a Housewife and I hate her, so I don't want to feed into her fame or notoriety by talking about her.  

Yes, I Housewife-hate Barbara.  She is so much worse than any of the rest of them.  Her hairstyle is literally forty years out of date.  Her clothes are terrible.  She doesn't speak well.  Nothing she says contains any insight.  She doesn't move the show along.  She is a Basic 101 Bitch who is clearly trying to promote her company.  Move along, sister.  Go on one of Bravo's home renovation shows that I don't watch or something. 

I am not really enjoying this season as much as I have enjoyed other seasons.  It seems boring, stale, and undriven.  It's like everyone is more or less phoning it in.  There is some catalyst that is missing.  I need another Housewife (not a friend-of, because those are bullshit and confusing; but a Housewife who contributes to the energy of this thing).  Bravo, please bring back Jill, Heather, Aviva, or even Kristen or find a new goddamn Housewife.

Since there is so much talk of the Twelve Steps going on, I feel that this is a safe place to say: Hi, my name is LibertarianSlut, and I miss Carole. At first I felt like I could control it by putting conditions on it, like, "I'll only want her back if she had permanently lost the 120 lbs that is Adam."  But what  started as just a fleeting thought here and there has gotten to the point where it is coming to my mind every single week.  Sometimes I can think of nothing other than Carole to the point where it drowns out what Barbara is saying.  I realize I am powerless over this;  It has caused such a painful division between myself and the cast of RHNYC, and I just need to get it off my chest so that I can begin to do the spiritual work required to recover from this.  When these dark thoughts arise, I intend to re-watch old episodes to remind myself of how heinous Carole, in fact, was.  With the help of my higher power, I have decided to take it one overbite at a time.  Thank you for letting me share.  

In the spirit of the Real Housewives Twelve Steps, Welcome LibertarianSlut, thank you for sharing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I know Adderall gets a lot of  the blame for how people with ADD/ADHD act.........but, there is different types of  this mental illness.

Type 1. Classic ADD (ADHD) -- inattentive, distractible, disorganized, hyperactive, restless, and impulsive.

Type 2. Inattentive ADD -- inattentive and easily distracted, but not hyperactive; sluggish, slow moving, low motivation, and often described as space cadets, daydreamers, couch potatoes.

Type 3. Overfocused ADD - inattentive, trouble shifting attention, frequently get stuck in loops of negative thoughts or behaviors, obsessive, excessive worrying, inflexible, frequent oppositional and argumentative behavior. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 4. Temporal Lobe ADD - inattentive, irritable, quick temper, aggressive, dark thoughts, mood instability, and severe impulsivity. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 5. Limbic ADD - inattentive, chronic low grade depression, negativity, "glass half empty syndrome," low energy, and frequent feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 6. Ring of Fire ADD - inattentive, extreme distractibility, angry, irritable, overly sensitive to noise, light, clothes and touch; often inflexible, cyclic moodiness, hyperverbal, and opposition. May or may not be hyperactive.

B shows signs of ...... Overfocused + Ring of Fire

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Psalm11 said:

I agree. They both are at fault...woman up, apologize to each other and see if the friendship can be salvaged.  Dorinda has behaved badly, true, but I get her...her loyalty and support was jettisoned by Luanne's haughtiness  and self absorption. I think the friendship's always been unbalanced...Dorinda giving and Luanne taking. There's nothing wrong with that as long as both parties are respectful and mature. The friendship gets tanked though when the giver (Dorinda) feels unappreciated and inconsidered by the taker (Luanne).

She should call me. Or the APA. 

Dorinda, Forever!

I like Dorinda, too. I am a cusp Gemini. I was born after my mom’s due date. So I am all about loyalty. But I think Dorinda was born in December.