Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Making Up Is Hard to Do

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If I'm being unfair to Dorinda, you're going to have specifically break down the parts of her conversation with Barbara where she had good reason to be angry with Barbara because I just don't see it.

Edited just now by RHJunkie

I think she has the reason to be angry because she dredged it all back up when there was no need. Lu and Dorinda both agreed to move on and leave it in the past. Lu might not have been satisfied but she decided that it wasn’t worth it to her to continue the feud. Even when she talked to Barbara she acknowledged that it wasn’t everything she wanted but it was what it was and was fine with that and there was absolutely no need for Dorinda to start talking about what Lu really thought and bringing up all of it. She should have simply stated HER opinion about how they resolved it which is what she was asked not to relitigate what’s had been dealt with between the two people involved. Both of them are completely fine not being besties and just keeping it shallow and easy at this point in their friendship there is no need for Barbara to determine they need to better resolve their issues to her satisfaction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Barbara_Kavovit.jpgLove Barbara’s look here, much better than her current style. 

So this is what Barbara looked like before she fell face down into a burning fireplace, smoldered unconscious in the embers for 10 minutes before awakening to discover she turned into a live Salvador Dali painting?

tenor.gif?itemid=12306395

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I recall many leaks after the Hurricane.  I have a vague recollection of her standing at a window with a repair person of some kind, and I'm pretty sure it was because of a leak.  I wonder if she had hurricane damage that wasn't fixed properly.

Sonja owns the crumbling townhouse - how it hasn't reached condemned status - I'm shocked.

Sonja in this scene is once again trying to play it off as "this particular leak just happened" while it was rented over the summer. Bunny says Nuh Uh! There was a shot of a big hole in the ceiling - Hah! And her baseboard - that's old damage not new damage.

• Love 11

I gotta say after seeing some of the men Ramona has dated I think I would rather just be single and do fun stuff with a group...good lord...this last guy was horrible. Gross looking and what an asshole. Every guy Ramona has gone out with that we've seen has been a loser. The dating pool in New York for women over 50 seems pretty grim...yikes! And as for Sonja saying that she's beating men off with a stick...she's delusional. What men? All I see her surrounding herself with is gay men and I don't think they are interested in what she has to offer. She has a lot of nerve psycho analyzing Tinsley...she always has to be so passive aggressive with Tinsley. She really is jealous of her or something...she's not nice at all and is just very mean spirited towards her. I felt bad for Tinsley having her own mother and then that bitch Sonja ganging up on her about her relationship with Scott. That really sucked.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, OFDgal said:

He was the exact opposite of what Ramona wanted.  She needs to find a new matchmaker!

Rory is particularly thristy to be the next Patti Skanker on Bravo.

Ramona has said for quite sometime, she wanted someone older, who had been previously married and has some kids (grown)

If this is what Rory has in her portfolio of single men, Ramona needs to revert to her sip from a straw and side eye a man with her eyes twerking technique.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think she has the reason to be angry because she dredged it all back up when there was no need. Lu and Dorinda both agreed to move on and leave it in the past. Lu might not have been satisfied but she decided that it wasn’t worth it to her to continue the feud. Even when she talked to Barbara she acknowledged that it wasn’t everything she wanted but it was what it was and was fine with that and there was absolutely no need for Dorinda to start talking about what Lu really thought and bringing up all of it. She should have simply stated HER opinion about how they resolved it which is what she was asked not to relitigate what’s had been dealt with between the two people involved. Both of them are completely fine not being besties and just keeping it shallow and easy at this point in their friendship there is no need for Barbara to determine they need to better resolve their issues to her satisfaction.

By that logic, Dorinda would have a right to be upset with Barbara's opinion so long as it wasn't positive. If Barbara had only shared her point of view and said 'maybe I had different expectations from the meeting but I don't think anything was resolved and it honestly seemed like a waste of time because the only things the both of you agreed on was to tolerate each other and be willing to exchange fake pleasantries when at the same social events'. Does that sound like an opinion that Dorinda would have received well? Dorinda's anger didn't stem from Barbara sharing an opinion that wasn't hers. Dorinda's anger stemmed from Barbara sharing something that didn't reinforce Dorinda's positive feelings about the meeting which goes back to the point - Dorinda invited the opinion by asking a question and being unprepared to hear an answer that she didn't like. If Barbara was the one that prompted the conversation and said what she said, for sure I would agree that Dorinda would have a right to be mad. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, lol.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 2
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

this is what Rory has in her portfolio of single men, Ramona needs to revert to her sip from a straw and side eye a man with her eyes twerking technique.

To be slightly fair to Rory it’s Ramona so maybe she didn’t want to burn any of her decent clients so she paired these two loons together to not alienate her normal clients.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

that logic, Dorinda would have a right to be upset with Barbara's opinion so long as it wasn't positive

Not at all if it was HER opinion but she didn’t share her opinion she launched into a discussion of Lu’s thoughts and feelings which is not what Dorinda asked her. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

So this is what Barbara looked like before she fell face down into a burning fireplace,

Nah - she just did a faceplant into Ramoaner's last birthday cake - after all eleventy billion candles were lit.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Was Ramona’s match maker the same as Lindsay on Summer House?  I already watched & deleted this week’s Summer House, I’ll have to find it online.

I don’t think so Lindsay’s matchmaker was cuter she sort of looked like Amanda from SH.

11 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The thing with Ramona is that one week she'll say something so terrible ( the Dennis not being smart comment), then the next week she has the best line of the night!  Sometimes the words come flying out of her mouth before her brain has time to engage, so hopefully she truly regrets that comment about Dennis.  I'm sure that's going to come back and bite her on the ass at the reunion.   She is still entertaining though and I'd miss her if she wasn't on the show.  

Same. She makes for great TV. She drives me crazy but in an entertaining way. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

i think the Jovanis probably started as reminders to Luann to mention the brand. But by the time Dorinda found herself saying it a third time, she was pissed. She was probably thinking I traded on my relationship with this designer to get free dresses for this ungrateful bitch who couldn't even mention the designer's name or invite my boyfriend to a performance of Lady Selfish Raspily Warbles Three Songs in Sparkly Dresses aka Smoker's Cough Croaks Jazz and Pop Songs aka Countess Can't Sing the Blues or Pop or Country or Jazz or R&B or Opera or Sing. It's pretty clear that Dorinda arrived at the show irritated, but became incensed when Lu couldn't do the plug for Jovani and wasn't the least bit apologetic about not inviting John. I think that performance was the straw that broke the camel's back.

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:
  4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

i think the Jovanis probably started as reminders to Luann to mention the brand. But by the time Dorinda found herself saying it a third time, she was pissed. She was probably thinking I traded on my relationship with this designer to get free dresses for this ungrateful bitch who couldn't even mention the designer's name or invite my boyfriend to a performance of Lady Selfish Raspily Warbles Three Songs in Sparkly Dresses aka Smoker's Cough Croaks Jazz and Pop Songs aka Countess Can't Sing the Blues or Pop or Country or Jazz or R&B or Opera or Sing. It's pretty clear that Dorinda arrived at the show irritated, but became incensed when Lu couldn't do the plug for Jovani and wasn't the least bit apologetic about not inviting John. I think that performance was the straw that broke the camel's back.

That was the Best description Of the Countless EVER.

• Love 12

My love for Dorinda has faded a lot over the last season (especially being reminded of her casual racism her first season).

She needs grief counseling stat. She should invest in that before she redoes those tacky cabinets. 

That said it annoys me how these humble beginnings broads act so manor born and treat “the unwashed masses” so beneath them. 

And it just highlights how’s Tins for all her issues is actually the one who shows a privileged high society background. Very southern good gracious manners. 

Putting people at ease. 

Being human to the “help”.

Take note ramoana. Lu. Sometimes Sonia.

Bethany actually can display good graces sometimes as well. To strangers more than people she knows if that makes sense. 

Lu is insufferable this season. Ugh. It’s not fun to watch. However damn that chick can be gorgeous. She looked amazing at the offensive gangsta dinner. Flawless. 

Dorinda looked terrible! And I think Dorinda consistently looks the best with Bethany fashion wise. I think because she avoids trends which is why that adidas  sweatshirt and pink hair was such a fail. 

Come on NYC hos! Represent like the best franchise of these hot messes. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm almost 100% sure that Luann was probably told at the store as they were negotiating how many dresses they'd give her to mention that Jovani provided the dresses. As we've seen from a lot of her recent behavior, Luann doesn't give a shit if she's told to do something she doesn't want to do. She has probation requirements that she doesn't want to adhere to, so she just doesn't. She has a divorce agreement that she doesn't want to follow; she doesn't follow it. These are situations when it really freaking matters for her to do the thing she agreed to do and she can't be bothered. That's Luann. She's kind of selfish and awful. I'm sure she haughtily believed that it was just dresses so it's no big deal. 

This. 

This. 

This.

Lu’s face when you google “define entitled.”

• Love 13
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm almost 100% sure that Luann was probably told at the store as they were negotiating how many dresses they'd give her to mention that Jovani provided the dresses. As we've seen from a lot of her recent behavior, Luann doesn't give a shit if she's told to do something she doesn't want to do. She has probation requirements that she doesn't want to adhere to, so she just doesn't. She has a divorce agreement that she doesn't want to follow; she doesn't follow it. These are situations when it really freaking matters for her to do the thing she agreed to do and she can't be bothered. That's Luann. She's kind of selfish and awful. I'm sure she haughtily believed that it was just dresses so it's no big deal. 

That's an incredibly favourable assumption to make in an effort to explain Dorinda's behaviour at the show. It seems highly unlikely that Lu would have been made to mention Jovani at the show in exchange for the dresses. I think filming in the Jovani showroom, constantly referencing the designer name during those scenes and establishing at the time of shopping that the dresses were for Lu's caberet show is what was given in exchange for the dresses - not some presumed agreement that Lu would mention Jovani's name at her cabaret show.  He has now become a stable designer for her show. Dorinda gets angry and nasty. I don't understand the gymnastics to rationalize her behaviour. She was yelling out Jovani to be disruptive and passive aggressive toward Lu because she was the one that made the connection between Jovani and Lu and there Lu was standing up on stage flaunting all of these gorgeous outfits that wouldn't have happened without Dorinda and there Dorinda sat stewing that John was not invited to the show but Scott was given a last-minute invitation. Dorinda was being petty but she was upset for a reason and I would bet money that it's not because Lu was slipping on her contractual obligations of mentioning the designer's name. If Dorinda's behaviour was recognized a being helpful and not sarcastic, she wouldn't have turned into a meme and 'Jovani' wouldn't have become a thing. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Lu is an alcoholic either. I just think when she's in a bad place, she overdoes it and loses control. I think abstaining is a good idea, until she gets her shit sorted out. But I'm not sure she's self aware enough to do that. 

Luann “ overdoes” it when she is happy too. Alcohol has negatively impacted all her personal relationships, her finances, her job, etc.....

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck....it’s probably a duck. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

And we know that Luann is aware of the “mention the designer in exchange for publicity” rule... it reminds me of her excuse for asking to “borrow” a Naeem Khan dress—that her Life & Style shoot would lend great exposure to the designer (who otherwise dresses such unknowns as Michelle Obama, Beyoncé, and Taylor Swift).

PS love the name for Luann.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That was the Best description Of the Countless EVER.

Now that I have read Alonzo and HunterHunted’s theories, I can see the light and the reason Dorinda flipped.  Between John not being invited and not mentioning the dresses, I’d be pissed too.  Knowing Dorinda, they all should be wary to take any favors from her in the future.  She wasn’t wrong, but sooner or later, she will throw it up in your face.  Still n all, Luann was very unappreciative.  She does think who she is.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one who still likes Lu?  She would be my favorite Housewife to hang out with as I think she has an incredible sense of humor.

Yeah, I still like them all, especially Bethenny.  They’re all nuts in one way or another, but at least they’re real and funny, and unique.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, kicksave said:

I gotta say after seeing some of the men Ramona has dated I think I would rather just be single and do fun stuff with a group...good lord...this last guy was horrible. Gross looking and what an asshole. Every guy Ramona has gone out with that we've seen has been a loser. The dating pool in New York for women over 50 seems pretty grim...yikes! And as for Sonja saying that she's beating men off with a stick...she's delusional. What men? All I see her surrounding herself with is gay men and I don't think they are interested in what she has to offer. She has a lot of nerve psycho analyzing Tinsley...she always has to be so passive aggressive with Tinsley. She really is jealous of her or something...she's not nice at all and is just very mean spirited towards her. I felt bad for Tinsley having her own mother and then that bitch Sonja ganging up on her about her relationship with Scott. That really sucked.

Tinsleys Mother comes up from Florida to irritate her.  Looks like Dale and Sonja are jealous as Tinsley is younger, beautiful, kind hearted and a sweetheart.  I don’t recall Tins saying anything mean about anyone of them.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

It seems highly unlikely that Lu would have been made to mention Jovani at the show in exchange for the dresses. I think filming in the Jovani showroom, constantly referencing the designer name during those scenes and establishing at the time of shopping that the dresses were for Lu's caberet show is what was given in exchange for the dresses - not some presumed agreement that Lu would mention Jovani's name at her cabaret show. 

Even if Luann had agreed to mention Jovani at the show, maybe she just hadn't mentioned it yet.  It's possible she was fixing to mention it when Dorinda started yelling, and Dorinda actually screwed it up herself.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

My love for Dorinda has faded a lot over the last season (especially being reminded of her casual racism her first season).

She needs grief counseling stat. She should invest in that before she redoes those tacky cabinets. 

That said it annoys me how these humble beginnings broads act so manor born and treat “the unwashed masses” so beneath them. 

And it just highlights how’s Tins for all her issues is actually the one who shows a privileged high society background. Very southern good gracious manners. 

Putting people at ease. 

Being human to the “help”.

Take note ramoana. Lu. Sometimes Sonia.

Bethany actually can display good graces sometimes as well. To strangers more than people she knows if that makes sense. 

Lu is insufferable this season. Ugh. It’s not fun to watch. However damn that chick can be gorgeous. She looked amazing at the offensive gangsta dinner. Flawless. 

Dorinda looked terrible! And I think Dorinda consistently looks the best with Bethany fashion wise. I think because she avoids trends which is why that adidas  sweatshirt and pink hair was such a fail. 

Come on NYC hos! Represent like the best franchise of these hot messes. 

Uh, Tinsley's high society backround was the result of her ex. Her grand father owned a carpet cleaning business. Her father was in real estate and her mother was a decorator. She and her mother had a reality show together years ago that failed. In Palm Beach she tried to hook onto one of the Fanjul heirs. I like her, but I see her as a debutante whose expiration date is way past.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ladle said:

This may be the dumbest question of the day, but why was there no double dipping? The only thing I can think of is that it takes too long and slows down the process? But what are you supposed to do if you accidentally ladle out too little - just send a half cup down the line?

I realize my handle suggests I might have a greater knowledge of such things. 

I do not.

Not dumb. If you haven't worked in food services you wouldn't need to know. The chef is trying to package these meals efficiently. He is working with mostly untrained people. He is also trying to be consistent. If you don't fill it the first time by all means double dip, but try to get it right. That's also why he had her stir the soup every time. Distribution of veggies. He has a set number of meals and a finite amount of food. It's the same reason we use ice cream scoops when making cupcake or muffins. Uniformity. 

Love your handle. Thought you were a chef. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Luann doesn't give a shit if she's told to do something she doesn't want to do. {snip} That's Luann. She's kind of selfish and awful. 

"Luann doesn't give a shit if she's told to do something she doesn't want to do. {snip} That's Luann. She's kind of selfish and awful." 

I quoted only a teeny part of your comment, but you're spot on!  I hope everyone reads it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I can see the light and the reason Dorinda flipped.  Between John not being invited and not mentioning the dresses, I’d be pissed too.

I agree...and she was probably helped along by vast helpings of alcohol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Even if Luann had agreed to mention Jovani at the show, maybe she just hadn't mentioned it yet.  It's possible she was fixing to mention it when Dorinda started yelling, and Dorinda actually screwed it up herself.

Most likely not though. It's a nice thought, but judging by LuAnn's reaction, she wasn't planning on saying anything. And if she had been, she would have thrown that on Dorinda immediately-- "If you waited 2 seconds, I was about to give Jovanni a shout out."

What's the deal with the shoutout anyway? There are hundreds of people that helped support a production. It would take the whole show to everyone props.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Uh, Tinsley's high society backround was the result of her ex. Her grand father owned a carpet cleaning business. Her father was in real estate and her mother was a decorator. She and her mother had a reality show together years ago that failed. In Palm Beach she tried to hook onto one of the Fanjul heirs. I like her, but I see her as a debutante whose expiration date is way past.

Tins and Topper (ugh) met as peers of a type at Lawrenceville, and he was sprung.  She’s never lied and claimed she has personal Standard Oil lineage, for what it’s worth.   And please forgive me!  - I cannot see mention of the Fanjuls without dropping this in:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2001/02/floridas-fanjuls-200102

They are the scum of the motherfucking Earth.  Including Nico’s mother, who should be shoved down a flight of stairs.  Including fashion-press ho and dolt Emilia, who was a wannabe Tins during the 2000s.   We can’t all win Powerball, but we’d each win a hell of a lot of money betting that the Fanjuls have paid out a lot of money to quiet other women beaten by Nico.  Tinsley was a mess and still needs help, I think, but he beat the hell out of her.   No fucking way he did that once and never before and never again.   Since his profession was given as “studying for a series 7” for a smooth ten years, I do hope he’s passed.  Somehow.

I love Tabitha Simmons shoes.  And Dale is a rotten mother.

I’m never here for Ramona but that burn on Bethenny killed me!   And the cretin she was set up with...no ma’am.   Newp.   We must as a collective declare that fool unfuckable.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, kicksave said:

The dating pool in New York for women over 50 seems pretty grim...yikes! And as for Sonja saying that she's beating men off with a stick...she's delusional. What men? 

The dearth of men in NYC (and multiple metropolitan areas around the US) is real and well-documented.  The book Date-Onomics gives raw data on each an every city in the country, big and small, and...it's a dismal read.   I read the book when my sister, who lives in Florida, was just unable to find a man for seemingly no reason at all (now, having a better handle on who my sister is, she may be physically attractive and 'easygoing,' but she has major issues, and I have come to the conclusion that the only man she should be seeing is a shrink). As far as NYC goes, it turns out that Staten Island is, by far, the best place in the five boroughs of NYC to meet men.  Of course, the RHONYC would never go to Staten Island, the forgotten borough, but that's for a different post for a different day (and never say never, as they went to Queens and the Bronx).  I love the outer boroughs in a way that I could never love Manhattan, but that's also a different story.

It does remind me a little of that Sex and the City early season four arc where the women take the ferry to Staten Island to meet men at a bar having a party celebrating the FDNY calendar, and Carrie winds up meeting John Slattery, who is a budding politician, and he ultimately terminates the relationship when Carrie refuses to allow JS to urinate on her, and instead suggests earnestly that they could perhaps pour warm tea on each other instead.  Comedy gold, Jerry, gold!

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one who still likes Lu?  She would be my favorite Housewife to hang out with as I think she has an incredible sense of humor.

I think all Housewives are redeemable.  Every single one.  There has not yet been a "never again" moment from me, even when I thought there was.  I have flipped my opinions on too many of these women too many times that I will never say never.  Luann went from being a Housewife I tolerated (S1-2) to one I despised with the fire of a thousand suns (S3-4), to one whose side I found myself on (S5-6) to one I floved as soon as Bethenny moved in for the kill and/or the Tom shit hit the fan.  I was like, "good on her for throwing all caution to the wind for love" (S7-9).  My exhuberance for her began to wane as soon as I learned that she got arrested.  When it aired and she had no shame about it, I was like WTF.  When I came to the conclusion that Lu wasn't sober (which, strokes folks, I don't think she's an alcoholic either, just stop lying) and was pretending to be last season, I stopped liking her.  By the time they were in Cartagena and Luann, who was on her faux sober high horse had the gall to say Dorinda was "turning" when Luann was fucking drinking behind the scenes (and not so behind the scenes if SF Pride is any indication), I really said, "bitch, bye," to her.  

I was also lukewarm on Dorinda until the pile-on regarding the accusations of her being an alcoholic started to mount, with Andy Cohen (who isn't exactly timid when it comes to substance use, if his books speak any truth) lead the charge.  That was personally when I switched sides (it was late August 2018 and I remember that was the date, because my husband and I were on vacation, driving through the mountains of Pocahontas County, West Virginia, listening to the Watch What Crappens podcast) and I said, "fuck this, fuck Luann, fuck Andy, Dorinda I am willing to listen to ya."  That's also around the time that I had any positive feeling toward Carole whatsoever, so maybe it was altitude sickness...

But, to surmise, in my book, everyone, including Vicki and Phaedra, is redeemable as far as the Housewife world goes.  I wouldn't be surprised if Luann became my fav again at some point in the future.  She just has a lot of work to do.  

Oh, and who am I kidding?  My initial turn against Luann began when she deliberately didn't file for divorce against Tom until after the season nine reunion was filmed.  That is some shady shit.  Nothing will make me turn against a Housewife faster than the fact that they are hiding something.  You know who gets to hide their dirty laundry?  Me, John Q Citizen, and all of y'all.  You know who doesn't?  The few dozen of so people on reality TV who sign on the dotted line to share and expose their lives to us in exchange for hundreds of thousands (or sometimes millions) of dollars., plus Insta follows, which they can parlay into big $$.   When you play that game, and you don't bear it all for the world to see, you're off my team.  Be heinous and real (which is why I talk shit about Bethenny nonstop, but I have never quite been able to quit her), rather than taking the checks, but faking your life.  

Other than that, I don't really have an opinion about the matter...

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
On March 28, 2019 at 11:41 AM, kicksave said:

I can't stand this woman...what a yenta. She loves stirring the pot with Dorinda. Dollars to donuts that when they were in discussions about a new woman joining the cast it was run by Bethenny first. She gave Barbara, her friend, the nod to producers. As long as Bethenny is on this show, no new cast members will be added without Bethenny's approval.

Barbara is LuAnn's friend NOT Bethenny's.    

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, langford peel said:

Dorinda has become a thoroughly unpleasant and unwatchable person this season. I never cared for her from the beginning when she called over a passing black man to hang up her coat illustrated her casual racism. This year her slovenly slatterness with the food hanging from the edge of her drunken  ass mouth has become unbearable to watch.

The problem these bitches have with Barbara is classism. They feel some how they are upper class and Barbara gives off a working class vibe. She works in the building trade and shit heads like Ramona think she is beneath them. She is not "her kind of girl." It is the same snotty ass attitude that they pull with John the dry cleaner. Dorinda is banging him and she still treats him like a low class interloper while wailing about her classy husband who died a decade ago. I give Bethenny credit as the only one who doesn't spew this nonsense. Luann would be the worst offender but I guess Barbara is useful to her so she is using her but you can be sure she will dump her the moment something better comes along.

These people just don't have a clue how they look to normal people. 

Very true.  And best I know, only Barbara has had a very recent spotlight feature in the New York Times for her business accomplishments. (Barbara’s pic was the primary, large picture on the delivered, paper copy of the Times that Sunday):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/realestate/the-boss-youre-looking-at-her-7-women-in-the-building-business.html

Ramona should shut the fuck up, but that’s of course true for every day of the week ending in Y.   She’s an actual thief - people who “accidentally” take dresses and costumes get arrested every day.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I love Tabitha Simmons shoes.  And Dale is a rotten mother.

Agree on both counts. Gorgeous shoes with a giant price tag!! Dale seems like a narcissistic, passive aggressive mother. 

• Love 8

@RHJunkie I think you're incorrectly assuming that I'm justifying Dorinda's actions. I'm not. I've said that I think shouting "Jovani" quickly turned antagonistic. Dorinda had been sitting around with a decent amount of animosity that had building since Tom told Dorinda that she had to carry water and repeat his ridiculous story about his cheating. So it's not even remotely surprising that Dorinda, a person who we've seen flip out due to a drink or two or when she's angry, decides that yelling Jovani is the best way to communicate because she's sauced and has a two year head of steam.

I would have approached it differently. I come from a legislative background. If you've watched any number of hearings, you've probably noticed  "the phantom hands." When you're sitting there behind your member you are often texting and emailing other staffers, but sometimes the only way to communicate with your member is to pass them a Post-It note with a fact or a question quickly scribbled  on it. Sometimes you will see a hand sneak up out of nowhere to place that Post-It on the dais table. Other times, the only way to communicate is using sheets of paper with words written as large as you possibly can while also trying to be unobtrusive as possible. Dorinda could have tried to pass along the information to Luann's agent, manager, or anyone else who could have slipped backstage during one of the costume changes to let Luann know. But we know that a drunk angry Dorinda is not only not capable of rational thought, she's completely incomprehensible. Just because I think I have an explanation for Dorinda's actions, doesn't mean I think any of those actions are acceptable. Luann is fundamentally an asshole and Dorinda was acting like an asshole in that moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think all Housewives are redeemable.  Every single one.  There has not yet been a "never again" moment from me, even when I thought there was.  

So true. So true. We all have our good sides and bad sides. It's always healthy to consider the good over the bad in people. The bad just sometimes is so salient it lingers longer.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Barbara is LuAnn's friend NOT Bethenny's.    

Obviously they are friendly with one another and she knows her...she maybe Luann's BFF but certainly Bethenny is familiar with her from the Hamptons scene and NYC. I personally don't think that anyone new will webcast in the future unless Bethenny approves...don't underestimate her clout on the show and with Andy Cohen.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Very true.  And best I know, only Barbara has had a very recent spotlight feature in the New York Times for her business accomplishments. (Barbara’s pic was the primary, large picture on the delivered, paper copy of the Times that Sunday):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/realestate/the-boss-youre-looking-at-her-7-women-in-the-building-business.html

Ramona should shut the fuck up, but that’s of course true for every day of the week ending in Y.   She’s an actual thief - people who “accidentally” take dresses and costumes get arrested every day.

How about people taking packets of milk home from the diner like Dorinda, hahaha.  Milk in your purse?  How low can you go.  The more money, the cheaper.  A close relative of mine (sister) once asked my husband to take a nice steak knife from a restaurant for her.  Of course, he didn’t.    BTW, about Dorinda.  She’s too intense, too sensitive, and has a quote for every little thing.  She sort of thinks like an old lady.  I would be very uncomfortable around her.  She’s very critical too.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Dale seems like a narcissistic, passive aggressive mother. 

She really is terrible in how she is pushing Tinsley to get married and have children.  One of my pet peeves is parents who pressure their kids to "give them grandchildren." I think that is so wrong.  YMMV.

It looks like Dorinda goes all out for Halloween!  I happen to love all of her Christmas decorations, so I'm anxious to see this Halloween display.  Some of it looks a little scary to me (I'm a scaredy-cat), and I wouldn't want it in or around my house, but I applaud her effort in making the holidays a fun experience for her guests!  

• Love 9
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with you on a personal level, but in the realm of Real Housewives, I think something else.  Especially with Luann, whom I have always liked.  She's really disappointing me so far this season.

Bethenny has gone after Luann time and time and time again over all these seasons of the show - calling her a snake in the grass, a whore, a slut, a snob, etc.  And yet, Luann continues to forgive, forget and move on.  Why?  Because it's Bethenny, and she's supposedly so powerful?  Because Bethenny was involved in Luann's intervention?  I can't recall Bethenny ever offering any apologies for anything she's ever said about/to Luann.

Dorinda said some pretty nasty things once (as far as we know) to Luann, in one altercation, and heckles her a bit at her cabaret show, and now, Luann is all angry and expecting an abject apology from Dorinda?  I'm not saying that Dorinda is an innocent, or is not accountable for her actions, but she has already apologized over and over again for the Cartegna debacle.  She was angry at the caberet show and displayed her anger.  She should apologize for that, as well, but Dorinda had a valid point with how much she's done and been there for Luann throughout the years - much more than Bethenny has, imo.  

If they don't get beyond this soon, I'm going to get as bored with this as I am with puppygate on RHOBH.  

Oh, and I am really not liking Barbara at all--as I said previously, she's coming in too hot and heavy for a "friend of", and she just seems more nosey than concerned about anyone's friendships.

Bethenny tells the truth.  She is not a phony.  She tells it like it is, and is not a kiss ass, IMO.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, wooby said:

Anyone notice that Dorinda's bedroom door had a deadbolt lock on it like you would have on an entry door?

Weird -- then again,  if I fell asleep to Law and Order ("DUN DUN!!") and it ran throughout my dream cycle, I might end up getting a deadbolt as well.

9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

She would be my favorite Housewife to hang out with as I think she has an incredible sense of humor.

Oh, Sasha!  How I long for the days I used to enjoy Luann (all decked out in her white pimp suit & surviving that horrific slut-shaming with her dignity intact & falling into rosebushes & upwards into a cabaret act)  it was all so fun and frothy and it seemed the snotty Countess days were behind us -- and then (DUN DUN!!) she stole from her own damn kids, and now whenever I look at her, I see Pizza Rat scurrying down the subway stairs with a triangle-shaped trust fund in her mouth.

6 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

They are the scum of the motherfucking Earth.  Including Nico’s mother, who should be shoved down a flight of stairs.  Including fashion-press ho and dolt Emilia, who was a wannabe Tins during the 2000s.   We can’t all win Powerball, but we’d each win a hell of a lot of money betting that the Fanjuls have paid out a lot of money to quiet other women beaten by Nico.  Tinsley was a mess and still needs help, I think, but he beat the hell out of her.   No fucking way he did that once and never before and never again.   Since his profession was given as “studying for a series 7” for a smooth ten years, I do hope he’s passed.  Somehow.

(wild applause) 

season 19 nbc GIF

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

What's the deal with the shoutout anyway? There are hundreds of people that helped support a production. It would take the whole show to everyone props.

Perhaps the $$$ value of the various outfits she wore/changed into makes a difference.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

One of my pet peeves is parents who pressure their kids to "give them grandchildren."

I was the "non-pressuring" parent of the husband.  The wife's mother was continually pressuring HIM and ME!  I went to dinner at the couple's house; the wife's parents were there too.  Her mother wore a pretty t-shirt that said, "You mean that DOG is my grandchild."  The couple is no longer together.  Neither married again.  Neither has children.  They're in their 50s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5