Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Making Up Is Hard to Do

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Even Kelly Bensimon?

Kelly Bensimon had the super redeeming quality of loving gummy bears.

LuAnn is on probation and is not allowed to drink. She has to attend classes. It's not on her own recognize of a problem. Once her probation is over, she'll go back to drinking and partying like she always has. I think she's playing lip service to the system on camera, because she's trying to stay out of trouble and she's in deep shit if she messes up on the terms of her probation-- that said, I think she truly thinks the whole  thing of having is a drinking problem, classes, community service, etc. is ridiculous.

Don't threaten to kill cops folks.

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 3/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, Gem 10 said:

How about people taking packets of milk home from the diner like Dorinda, hahaha.  Milk in your purse?  How low can you go.  The more money, the cheaper. 

I thought they were butter, not milk.  I'll take butter home if it's salted and in little foil-wrapped rectangles (not the "tub" kind like it look like Dorinda had).  The butter I buy is unsalted, and every once in a while I want some salted, and those little pats are real handy for that.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, Gem 10 said:

I was thinking .. is Dorinda putting it on for the show or is she like that with the drinking in real life?  You never know with these shows. 

If she's putting it on for the show, then I have to admire her devotion to her craft.

2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Let's face it:  We can snark on the RHONYC women all we want, but at their ages, I'd bite off my left arm to look like them.  They work out, they wear fabulous clothes, they have money (most), they take care of their skin.....if someone like Tinsley has a hard time finding a nice guy, what are the chances for someone normal?

I would expect that many "nice guys" would consider someone like Tinsley to be unapproachable and/or out of their league.  And they might be right because I'm not sure her family would welcome some normal guy who's nice but not rich.  I'm not sure Tinsley would, either, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  But Dale?  No way.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

From what I've read, Tinsley and Scott are no longer, hence her tagline "Game, set, now I need a match".

Seems Scott's happy when she visits him in Chicago, but not happy enough to propose, so it's either a forever back-and-forth (with most of the traveling being done by Tinsley), or nothing.  I don't blame her.  I wouldn't move for someone who wouldn't propose to me.

Remember when they first met, on that double date with Carole, and Tinsley was all over Scott.  She was the aggressor.  She's adorable, so I'm sure he loved it, but he's either not ready to marry anyone, or just not ready to marry her.

I adore Tinsley, and I get her past.  She was married to "The" guy, Topper, but she was probably shoved down the aisle by Dale (who....ugh.....!!!), and then she went to Florida and had her wild time with that jerk.  Now, she's back in NY, ready to settle down with a nice guy, but as we saw from Ramona's recent date (double ugh), those nice guys are few and far between.

We all want to believe the Sex in the City story where Big finally realizes Carrie is the one, and he becomes monogamous and settles down.  But even in real life, Matthew Broderick has been accused of cheating with the nanny.  These great guys are just not plentiful, so the women hang around with the Tom's, the Harry Dubin's, the Jason Hoppy's.

Let's face it:  We can snark on the RHONYC women all we want, but at their ages, I'd bite off my left arm to look like them.  They work out, they wear fabulous clothes, they have money (most), they take care of their skin.....if someone like Tinsley has a hard time finding a nice guy, what are the chances for someone normal?

No you wouldn’t.  Those are just “things”.  They may have everything, but they are not happy inside.  Some are miserable.

That was a great post by the way.  Finally, someone posted what really happened with Scott and Tinsley.  So, Scott wants the milk, but doesn’t want to buy the cow.  Tinsley is looking in the wrong places.  She can’t hang out where the rest of them do, where there are all Toms.  I can see her getting married to a nice doctor or professor, not a guy that hangs out at those bars they all go to like Sonja.  She’s too nice for that.  She should go back to Columbia and take some night courses, and maybe meet a nice guy.  Is that wrong?

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I would expect that many "nice guys" would consider someone like Tinsley to be unapproachable and/or out of their league.  And they might be right because I'm not sure her family would welcome some normal guy who's nice but not rich.  I'm not sure Tinsley would, either, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  But Dale?  No way.

I'm talking about "nice guys" from good families who also have great careers and money, who also want monogamy and family.  They are really few and far between.  The Sex and the City "Big's" of the world, who really just don't exist.

Dale will only be happy if he has money.  Period.  She's a horrid little woman.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

From what I've read, Tinsley and Scott are no longer, hence her tagline "Game, set, now I need a match".

Seems Scott's happy when she visits him in Chicago, but not happy enough to propose, so it's either a forever back-and-forth (with most of the traveling being done by Tinsley), or nothing.  I don't blame her.  I wouldn't move for someone who wouldn't propose to me.

Remember when they first met, on that double date with Carole, and Tinsley was all over Scott.  She was the aggressor.  She's adorable, so I'm sure he loved it, but he's either not ready to marry anyone, or just not ready to marry her.

I adore Tinsley, and I get her past.  She was married to "The" guy, Topper, but she was probably shoved down the aisle by Dale (who....ugh.....!!!), and then she went to Florida and had her wild time with that jerk.  Now, she's back in NY, ready to settle down with a nice guy, but as we saw from Ramona's recent date (double ugh), those nice guys are few and far between.

We all want to believe the Sex in the City story where Big finally realizes Carrie is the one, and he becomes monogamous and settles down.  But even in real life, Matthew Broderick has been accused of cheating with the nanny.  These great guys are just not plentiful, so the women hang around with the Tom's, the Harry Dubin's, the Jason Hoppy's.

I don't know if Dale shoved Tinsley down the aisle -- she first married Topper in high school and their parents made them annull it. But I do think there's this resentment from Dale about that marriage not working out.

Didn't Scott try living in NYC for a while? Maybe he couldn't because of his work. I did like that he was self-made and "new money" (for lack of a better term), which made him kind of an anamoly in Tinsley's world. But, yeah, an LDR wasn't gonna work.

• Love 3

It's not that dire. Normal people get married in NYC all the time, so why does Tinsley have such a hard time? I wish she would honestly state what her expectations are so maybe we could gain some insight. (Ramona, for example, won't even consider dating "the help.") Does she want someone wealthy who can afford to rent her penthouse apartments in posh hotels, or would she consider someone with a middle class income? The kids thing might be an issue too, as a man in her age range has either already done the kids thing with Wife #1, doesn't want kids at all, or doesn't want to have to likely go through IVF (or have kids right away) with someone Tinsley's age. Let's face it, wealthy, high-powered NYC men have too many options and Tinsley's too old for a lot of them. Plus, someone who looks good on paper (or a reality show) may have a lot of problems under the hood that we simply aren't privy to. She's high maintenance and looks like it. I don't disagree with Sonja when she said that Tinsley is the doll on the shelf.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

No you wouldn’t.  Those are just “things”.  They may have everything, but they are not happy inside.  Some are miserable.

I actually think they all are miserable.  The only one who might border on happy is Barbara, with her great construction business and her Builder Bob persona.  She actually seems (so far, anyway) like a happy camper, albeit one who is vying for screen time by becoming LuAnn's parasite.

The rest?  Miserable, sad women, all of 'em.

I'm talking about looks only.  They all have these amazing bodies, for women in their 50's and beyond.  LuAnn in a swimsuit is unbelievable.  Bethenny, although too much on the skinny side, is highly athletic and strong, as we've seen from skiing and difficult yoga poses.  And Ramona, with her this-season's newly crooked nose (which I'm still not understanding), has amazing skin for a 60+ woman.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

It's not that dire. Normal people get married in NYC all the time, so why does Tinsley have such a hard time? I wish she would honestly state what her expectations are so maybe we could gain some insight. (Ramona, for example, won't even consider dating "the help.") Does she want someone wealthy who can afford to rent her penthouse apartments in posh hotels, or would she consider someone with a middle class income? The kids thing might be an issue too, as a man in her age range has either already done the kids thing with Wife #1, doesn't want kids at all, or doesn't want to have to likely go through IVF (or have kids right away) with someone Tinsley's age. Let's face it, wealthy, high-powered NYC men have too many options and Tinsley's too old for a lot of them. Plus, someone who looks good on paper (or a reality show) may have a lot of problems under the hood that we simply aren't privy to. She's high maintenance and looks like it. I don't disagree with Sonja when she said that Tinsley is the doll on the shelf.

^^ That's exactly Tinsley/Dale's problem....the bolded.  Wealthy, high-powered NYC men have so many younger options, and Tinsley is out of their age range.

The ones who eventually want to marry, want to play around as NYC 20-somethings, and then in their 30's, they find a 20-something girl, move to Connecticut, and c'est la vie.  Although many of those men go on to have affairs in the city.

The ones who truly want lifetime monogamy, who are "Big":  strong, tall, handsome, well-off, super fun, awesome:  those are unicorns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I don't know if Dale shoved Tinsley down the aisle -- she first married Topper in high school and their parents made them annull it. But I do think there's this resentment from Dale about that marriage not working out.

Didn't Scott try living in NYC for a while? Maybe he couldn't because of his work. I did like that he was self-made and "new money" (for lack of a better term), which made him kind of an anamoly in Tinsley's world. But, yeah, an LDR wasn't gonna work.

Ahhh....I stand corrected.  I thought it was the opposite.  There's something that keeps Dale "attached" to the image of Tinsley and Topper, in her shoving him, his new baby, and his wife's shoes in her face.  What a miserable woman.

3 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

God, I hated Big & was fucking pissed she ended up with him. WHAT  AN  ASSHOLE.

Me too!!  I thought I was the only one!  I hated him too, and I kept wishing she'd leave him, they'd write him out, and she'd end up with truly nice guy Aidan.

It's such a stupid fantasy, that this gorgeous guy with tons of money wants only her, the semi-attractive aging girl.  I hate that the writers took it in that direction.

But that's what Tinsley is looking for, and Dale thinks it's her only option:  to find a guy like that who will take care of her, financially speaking, plus impregnate her.  Anything less will not be tolerated by Ms. Narcissist Dale

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I actually think they all are miserable.  The only one who might border on happy is Barbara, with her great construction business and her Builder Bob persona.  She actually seems (so far, anyway) like a happy camper, albeit one who is vying for screen time by becoming LuAnn's parasite.

I'm talking about looks only.  They all have these amazing bodies, for women in their 50's and beyond.  LuAnn in a swimsuit is unbelievable.  Bethenny, although too much on the skinny side, is highly athletic and strong, as we've seen from skiing and difficult yoga poses.  And Ramona, with her this-season's newly crooked nose (which I'm still not understanding), has amazing skin for a 60+ woman.

I don't know. Ramona seems pretty happy to me.

• Love 2
Just now, Higgins said:

Really?  Not to me.  To me, she seems desperate for any male attraction.

To me, she seems like she'd be happy if Mario came back to her on bended knee, denouncing all other women.

Other than that, she seems like she's starving for a male, any male, to glance in her direction.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sterling said:

To me, she seems like she'd be happy if Mario came back to her on bended knee, denouncing all other women.

Other than that, she seems like she's starving for a male, any male, to glance in her direction.

I think she enjoys flirting. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Exactly.  Too many models in NYC for the wealthy.  I don't think she's that attractive.  She's a skinny blonde who may be sweet but acts like she's still a 20 something.  Scrape off all that makeup and there isn't any natural beauty to me.    

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

It's not that dire. Normal people get married in NYC all the time, so why does Tinsley have such a hard time? I wish she would honestly state what her expectations are so maybe we could gain some insight. 

She and Topper were married for eight years. I wonder why no children?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

18 minutes ago, Sterling said:
20 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I'm talking about "nice guys" from good families who also have great careers and money, who also want monogamy and family.  They are really few and far between.  The Sex and the City "Big's" of the world, who really just don't exist.

I was responding to your comment, "if someone like Tinsley has a hard time finding a nice guy, what are the chances for someone normal?"  If Tinsley is looking for someone of a type that really is few and far between, then sure, she'll have trouble finding him.  But her limiting the pool is what's causing the problem, and the rest of us (I assume that's what you mean by "normal") have plenty of fellow normals to pick from.

And my point was that even if Tinsley deigned to allow people from the normal pool to attempt to court her, it probably wouldn't occur to them that it was a possibility.  So any problem she's experiencing has little to do with whether normal people out there have any chance of finding someone to share a life with.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Sterling said:

They may look fabulous with the bodies and clothes, so why are their spouses leaving them?  Mario, Mr.Morgan, Tom, etc.  All of them, single again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

But that's what Tinsley is looking for, and Dale thinks it's her only option:  to find a guy like that who will take care of her, financially speaking, plus impregnate her.  Anything less will not be tolerated by Ms. Narcissist Dale

Dale should mind her own business.  Tinsley should not allow Dale to push her around.  Btw, who gets their hair and makeup done every day?  What the hell?  That’s over the top already and unnecessary.  What guy would go for that?  Maybe Scott thought it was a waste.  Does Dale have a husband or what?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Dale should mind her own business.  Tinsley should not allow Dale to push her around.  Btw, who gets their hair and makeup done every day?  What the hell?  That’s over the top already and unnecessary.  What guy would go for that?  Maybe Scott thought it was a waste.  Does Dale have a husband or what?

Dale is so thirsty for screen time.  I think she would love a Patricia from Southern Charm role on the show.   I don't find her interesting at all like I find Patricia.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

They may look fabulous with the bodies and clothes, so why are their spouses leaving them?  Mario, Mr.Morgan, Tom, etc.  All of them, single again.

Because men can be pigs.  Granted, I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but I think a lot of them want the thrill of someone younger and something new.  It's too easy to toss someone aside for one's own selfish pleasure.  We read about it all too often in the news, and I've seen it with bosses that both me and Mr. Chat have worked for.  It's really sad when you've got a front row seat watching someone (the man in these cases) throw away a lovely wife and kids for somebody half their age.  Again, pigs (and so are the women who help destroy a marriage.)    I could rant on, but I'll leave it at that.  😉 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Dale is so thirsty for screen time.  I think she would love a Patricia from Southern Charm role on the show.   I don't find her interesting at all like I find Patricia.

Oooooh, Dale couldn't hold the smallest candle next to Patricia Altschul.  Patricia is the bomb.  

The difference between Dale and Patricia is, Dale seeks out the camera and tries to be included, whereas Patricia is included because the cast follows her.

And Patricia doesn't say these mean, snarky things like Dale does.  I can't imagine Patricia glowing about her son's ex-girlfriends like Dale does about Topper's wife.  Girlfriend got too much class for that.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Because men can be pigs. 

I thought restaurant hostess-turned-billionaire's wife, Sonja, was the cheater.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She and Topper were married for eight years. I wonder why no children?

Wasn't SHE the child?  She wouldn't be an easy girlfriend...too quirky, needy, spendy, clingy.  She's not necessarily the prize in a couple situation.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sterling said:
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

You said it, Sterling!  She's actually desperate for any attention.  She puts on her friendly/flirty act whenever a camera is near.  Innocent viewers love her.  She's generally too ditzy and odd for any spectacular catch in her acceptable age range.  Some sweet-talker will come around and take her for a bundle-o-money.  Sooner than later.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Oooooh, Dale couldn't hold the smallest candle next to Patricia Altschul.  Patricia is the bomb.  

The difference between Dale and Patricia is, Dale seeks out the camera and tries to be included, whereas Patricia is included because the cast follows her.

And Patricia doesn't say these mean, snarky things like Dale does.  I can't imagine Patricia glowing about her son's ex-girlfriends like Dale does about Topper's wife.  Girlfriend got too much class for that.

Patricia is rude & hateful as fuck. IMO.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

But Dr. Sparkles, she's driven to it by all those trashy little people.  She's so much more beautiful, educated, traveled, richer, smarter, fashionable, classy, and better than everyone in the State of South Carolina.  It's exhausting to even get up in the morni...afternoon and try to face another day.  Only Michael and his constant supply of those perfect martinis makes life bearable.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:
7 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Again, this isn’t my quote, but that’s o.k.  The quote thingy must be off, or I am off, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Again, this isn’t my quote, but that’s o.k.  The quote thingy must be off, or I am off, lol.

11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

There are quite a few things "off" since the software upgrade.    

ETA:   Look what it did this time.  I only quoted you once but .........

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I thought restaurant hostess-turned-billionaire's wife, Sonja, was the cheater.

She cheated on him?  I didn’t know that.  Wow .. she left all that money and status?

1 minute ago, AnnA said:

There are quite a few things "off" since the software upgrade.    

Look at this ..I got two quotes for one.  WTF .. I hate this change.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She cheated on him?  I didn’t know that.  Wow .. she left all that money and status?

Look at this ..I got two quotes for one.  WTF .. I hate this change.

I hate it too.   I spend a LOT less time here on PTV than I used to and I know I'm not the only one.  There used to be so many more posts.   Do you think TPTB noticed that yet?  

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Yes, but she has a FABULOUS martini butler who loves her rescue doggies, and she dotes on her weirdo son, which puts her a step above Mommie Dearest Dale in my book.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I hate it too.   I spend a LOT less time here on PTV than I used to and I know I'm not the only one.  There used to be so many more posts.   Do you think TPTB noticed that yet?  

I noticed a lot of the “regulars” are gone.  They probably got disgusted.  I’m sure they can’t put it back the way it was, or won’t.

6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I noticed a lot of the “regulars” are gone.  They probably got disgusted.  I’m sure they can’t put it back the way it was, or won’t.

The narrow screen and all the stupid ads make me crazy but the dumbest thing was eliminating the alphabetical listing for that stupid genre nonsense.  I don't recommend PTV to people anymore because of it.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The narrow screen and all the stupid ads make me crazy but the dumbest thing was eliminating the alphabetical listing for that stupid genre nonsense.

As long as I'm on this site with my bigger computer screen, everything looks good.  I've got an ad blocker too.  Everything gets squished together on my smaller laptop though.  I don't do much with the internet on my phone.  It's just too small of a screen.  

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

As long as I'm on this site with my bigger computer screen, everything looks good.  I've got an ad blocker too.  Everything gets squished together on my smaller laptop though.  I don't do much with the internet on my phone.  It's just too small of a screen.  

Yeah.  I know but I don't sit at my desk to use my desktop PC   much anymore. I don't use my phone either but spend most of my online time on my iPad.   FYI.......this site and my iPad hate each other. LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I know but I don't sit at my desk to use my desktop PC   much anymore.

Older eyes need bigger screens!  🙂  When all of these young people who are helping to advance our technology by downsizing everything get older and need reading glasses, mark my word, we'll see an upsurge in big computer screens again.  lol.  Just kidding.  

I still wonder what the whole story with Sonja her ex is.  She made a huge mistake if she cheated on him.  I remember that being the rumor though all of these years.  It's like winning the lottery and then squandering your winnings.  Such a shame.  

• Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Older eyes need bigger screens!  🙂  When all of these young people who are helping to advance our technology by downsizing everything get older and need reading glasses, mark my word, we'll see an upsurge in big computer screens again.  lol.  Just kidding.  

I still wonder what the whole story with Sonja her ex is.  She made a huge mistake if she cheated on him.  I remember that being the rumor though all of these years.  It's like winning the lottery and then squandering your winnings.  Such a shame.  

I'm not sure but I think they were both cheating.   If she married him for the money and then cheated, the money couldn't have been that important if she was willing to risk it......or she was really stupid.

I agree with you about the small screens.  I hate getting text messages because I can't read them unless I put my reading glasses on.     I need a smart phone with a 17" monitor.  

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

They need to start an IV, she’s so dehydrated.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Smart phones are nice, but I find it’s hard to type a message even tho it’s at maximum.  Between the phone and I-pad, I still don’t know a lot of things.  My 5 yr old grandson knows more than me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Although I love Sonja, she is such a slut.  She’s getting worse.  What decent guy would marry her.  I didn’t like those pictures at that magazine thing.  She didn’t look good no matter what anyone said imo.  Kissing that stranger girl was too much.  Who does that?  A passer-by?  Really?  She’s a Mother for goodness sakes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Wasn't SHE the child?  She wouldn't be an easy girlfriend...too quirky, needy, spendy, clingy.  She's not necessarily the prize in a couple situation.

Reminds me of a movie line, " once you have a baby you aren't the baby anymore."

Just remembered, it's from Overboard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure but I think they were both cheating.   If she married him for the money and then cheated, the money couldn't have been that important if she was willing to risk it......or she was really stupid.

I agree with you about the small screens.  I hate getting text messages because I can't read them unless I put my reading glasses on.     I need a smart phone with a 17" monitor.  

If I remember correctly Sonja was caught cheating and got the boot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I love my kindle. Perfect size for me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kissing that stranger girl was too much.  Who does that?

I'm old, but I didn't mind it--made the segment interesting.  I was especially interested in all the pearl-clutching of the othe Ho'wives.  As for "who does that?"  A needy attention/famewhore would be my first guess.   An adventurous female would be my second.  I'd love to have been watching.  I haven't seen or participated in anything similar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

'm old, but I didn't mind it--made the segment interesting.  I was especially interested in all the pearl-clutching of the othe Ho'wives.  As for "who does that?"  A needy attention/famewhore would be my first guess.   An adventurous female would be my second.  I'd love to have been watching.  I haven't seen or participated in anything similar.

A guess? While gay *men* might be ok with these women, as they're essentially accessories like handbags or clothes or little dogs in dress up clothes, gay women might be a bridge too far for some of them. I've never had the impression the housewives on this show do more than pay lip service to being open minded. 

• Love 6