Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Most teams don't have 3 months of auditions and TC

True, but I was figuring the calendar shoot would come after, and maybe not quite as rushed. Perhaps they want to have the show on closer To start of football season, so that squad is announced then, not halfway through. Or as someone else said, maybe they are extending TC to 20 weeks LOL, so they can squeeze more episodes out of the show. 

Edited by Jesslyn
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, they definitely should consider the fact that they make it so difficult for the girls to have real full time jobs. I’m just somewhat surprised that they may be making a move that could cut down on one of the bright spots in terms of the team members’ jobs that they have had - several teachers. As you said though, it’s definitely hard, if not impossible, for people who work typical 8/9 to 5 corporate jobs, so I guess the teachers may just be out of luck with everyone else.

Or maybe auditions will be earlier but TC will still be during the summer?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

True, but I was figuring the calendar shoot would come after, and maybe not quite as rushed. Perhaps they want to have the show on closer To start of football season, so that squad is announced then, not halfway through. Or as someone else said, maybe they are extending TC to 20 weeks LOL, so they can squeeze more episodes out of the show. 

Heaven help the girls if they ever decide to do 20 weeks.  It would be too much for any human.  

• Love 2

Gina is the best dancer on the team probably. But she puts so much of her own style in the dances that she makes the others look wrong. That's not the best quality for point. IMHO

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Gina is the best dancer on the team probably.

You could have just stopped there (smile).

They would never cut Maddie for weight.  Maybe she's just as trim in that area as she can get.  I know she values her position so don't know what else it could be.  Frankly, they all ought to be skeletons with all that exercise.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe auditions will be earlier but TC will still be during the summer?

Perhaps. Although it would seem that they wouldn’t want such a long period to pass between auditions and training camp, but who knows! 

• Love 1
On 10/20/2018 at 9:07 AM, bigskygirl said:

Why does Tina believe people would want to watch it. Is CMT desperate enough to let Victoria have her own show?

SSSSSHHHHHH please !!!!  Don't even put it out in the atmosphere!!!   Whatever-the-hell-network tried to rationalize Honey BooBoo and Mama June and that mess!!  I wonder if Marshall would watch this side-eyed ?!  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, J-R said:

One more thing....Bridget for point next year. 

Agreed! Or Brennan....or Lauren. Any three of those would be great! Or all three could be point and just switch off every other game! :)

• Love 3

I wish there was a separate locked thread every year with just pictures and names of all the TCC. With “rookie” or “vet” next to their name. 

I just get so confused. 

I can’t remember who is who...

just me? Oh ok. ?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

I wish there was a separate locked thread every year with just pictures and names of all the TCC. With “rookie” or “vet” next to their name. 

I just get so confused. 

I can’t remember who is who...

just me? Oh ok. ?

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, PrincessLeia said:

Right, but since Amy’s Studio is a legit studio with a great reputation, it probably DID take a good deal of money to start and keep it running. No dance studio we’ve ever been at has teenagers teaching anyone. Not sure where you live, but that wouldn’t fly here- and it’s not cheap to rent these auditoriums for recitals. 

schools (ie someone goes or teachers there) and small churches (ie someone is a member) rent their spaces for reduced fee vs. a event space/auditorium.

what is the turnaround time to make profit on small business - 3 to 5 years ? Did she say how long she's been in business ?

I think after the season ends I want to go back in  the past few  seasons and assess Kelli’s judgement in making cuts. We have the benefit of hindsight but really a lot of hints  are shown in episodes.

example - last year all Alexandria talked about was her fiancé and house and how hard it might be for this dream. Is it a shock she left?

Another thought I have is that Kelli’s “diamonds in the rough” girls is just her code for girls that are pretty and will be entertaining for viewers, but are fodder for being cut. I’m going to look for them. Last year’s Brianna was a perfect example.

I love that Shelly still dances!

Was just looking at Tara's insta...what she looked like this year in training camp was totally different than what she looked like last year. Last year she popped! This year her skin was dull, and her hair was flat and 1 dimensional. She appeared bloated or puffy in the face, she didnt really have a defined shape like last year. She danced with tiredness instead of power.

In her most recent instapost, looks like she got her pop back, though she mentioned she took 2 months off from dancing. Hopefully she is getting back on track. She looks healthier now. She did not look healthy at all in training camp.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm starting to mourn Kash's retirement :(

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Definitely.  Remember that night in TC she wore the wrong clothes?   What if Kelli had cut her?

If this had happened in this years training camp: VK would have gotten away with it. Dayton would have gotten the "strike one".

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

Any guesses as to who will be a "one and done"?

Rookie Rachel. She said she just wanted to keep dancing for a while longer so I give her 2 years max. Majority of the rookies I believe are 22-24 with the exception of Brennan so I could see them staying for more than 1 year. Regarding the 2nd years, I wouldn't be shocked if Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, and Christina were done after this year. If they don't retire I could see them being cut at finals, they aren't very strong dancers. 

Side note: I'm still shocked that Savannah got ROTY, it seems in the past all the other ROTY were powerhouses/great dancers and ended up towards the front of the triangle (Kash, JennK, Holly A, Heather  Mary, etc). 

• Love 4

I took a break from here and then come back to “Bridget or Amber or even Brennan for point!!!!” Yikes ? I think it’s easy to love Bridget for how sweet/real she seems on social media, but given the importance of the position and the leadership usually held by the point Girl I would hesitate to say a second year would get the job.. especially because she just seems so cute/Maddie like to me. Plus there are so many rookies we know nothing about/were never featured/don’t post any videos that I have seen like Caroline! Does anyone know anything on her? Alanna? Briana? Are these one and done or powerhouses?? So many questions! All the time spent on VK for nothing ?

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I took a break from here and then come back to “Bridget or Amber or even Brennan for point!!!!” Yikes ? I think it’s easy to love Bridget for how sweet/real she seems on social media, but given the importance of the position and the leadership usually held by the point Girl I would hesitate to say a second year would get the job.. especially because she just seems so cute/Maddie like to me. Plus there are so many rookies we know nothing about/were never featured/don’t post any videos that I have seen like Caroline! Does anyone know anything on her? Alanna? Briana? Are these one and done or powerhouses?? So many questions! All the time spent on VK for nothing ?

I like Briana she came from the Titans I think she will stick around 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Monique said:

Rookie Rachel. She said she just wanted to keep dancing for a while longer so I give her 2 years max. Majority of the rookies I believe are 22-24 with the exception of Brennan so I could see them staying for more than 1 year. Regarding the 2nd years, I wouldn't be shocked if Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, and Christina were done after this year. If they don't retire I could see them being cut at finals, they aren't very strong dancers. 

Side note: I'm still shocked that Savannah got ROTY, it seems in the past all the other ROTY were powerhouses/great dancers and ended up towards the front of the triangle (Kash, JennK, Holly A, Heather  Mary, etc). 

Who was ROTY between Holly A. and JennK? 

Edited by PixieDust
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I won't miss Kashara.  I have problems with young women who play up how "country" and ignorant they are as a means of appearing cute.  It's Kelli Pickler's whole routine, and I would prefer young ladies who aren't afraid to improve their minds and show their intelligence.

Sometimes you can be too country.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I won't miss Kashara.  I have problems with young women who play up how "country" and ignorant they are as a means of appearing cute.  It's Kelli Pickler's whole routine, and I would prefer young ladies who aren't afraid to improve their minds and show their intelligence.

I co-sign this. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I disagree that Kashara is someone who is "afraid to improve their mind and show their intelligence."

I think we've heard from more than a few people who actually know and interact with Kashara regularly that this is who she is. When the rubber hits the road, she's very intelligent. She stepped up into a role that was left when the whole Holly/Erica/Jenna thing blew up and that was not an accident. You can't be ignorant and do what she did. Doesn't make her a superhero or saint but she's certainly smart.

She may act silly a lot but that's her personality. It may certainly rub some people the wrong way that she's "country", I do get that and that's fine. We all have our opinions. But I don't think she's putting on an act to appear cute.

Man, I need a milkshake...

No offense to Kashara -- but it didn't take intelligence -- it took dance ability and Judy's goodwill and Jenna f**king up. 

Personally, I find the cutesy country play up to be a bit much and a little phony -- having said that, she plays the stereotypical DCC, so she does have a niche.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

No offense to Kashara -- but it didn't take intelligence -- it took dance ability and Judy's goodwill and Jenna f**king up. 

Personally, I find the cutesy country play up to be a bit much and a little phony -- having said that, she plays the stereotypical DCC, so she does have a niche.

I can see your point that intelligence wasn't the key in landing here there in the first place. But once she got it, she proved that she had what it took to keep it. They could have put Lacey at point this year instead, she certainly had put in the time. I do think maintaining that spot takes intelligence because you can't have that place of leadership and direction while being a dingaling. But maybe I'm wrong about that and it's actually an easy gig.

I do disagree that it's a "cutesy country play up" but that she's being the real her. But to each their own, there's room for all opinions.

• Love 17
On 10/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, Thebiglebowski said:

SIDEBAR: It appears that K and J are grooming Jinelle to take over the roll of selecting the squad. I actually think it will be a good fit.

Jinelle would be a fine replacement when the time comes, I agree. She's smart and has a good TV-Q. I'm thinking they might want a Texan in that top role though.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:27 PM, VintageJ said:

Okay, so I just realized it.  Jenn K will take over for Kelli and Miss Kitty will take over for Judy!  Joking.?

Oh, HELLS no. Jenn K comes across so condescending, so snotty. She can be assistant whatever, but that's it.

If I were a betting girl, I'd say Ashton Torres Little will be the one to replace Kelli when she retires. She's got the same approach, and she's easy on the eyes and easy on the ears.

The one who is qualified to replace Judy someday is Michelle Keys. Her choreography, for football games in particular, is pure genius. But she's moving to Hawaii, so it's a no-go. Plus she's made a name for herself as a choreographer, and I'm not sure she'd want to limit herself to just the DCC organization.

My two cents on that subject!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Maybe that's honestly her personality? What appears fake to some on the screen may just be who she is in real life.  I think she comes across as sweet, natural and not trying to impress anyone - just being herself.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I usually agree with you on almost everything lol, and even here I get what you are saying, but I think Kashara really has a good heart, and I don’t think she’s just a cute country girl either. I  think she loves where she comes from, and is not ashamed (as she shouldn’t be) of how some may percieve country folk, and while she may know how to change your oil (and is proud of it!) she has a brain and an education. She doesn’t let the education change her soul though.  I’m a city girl, and I ADORE true, down to earth people who aren’t playing it up. And I think Kashara is as real as they come. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 23
17 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I have heard auditions might be in March this year.

Wow, I wonder if this will happen! If it does, we will get a definite list of all retirees much earlier than usual. And perhaps MTT 14 earlier, during the summer? On another note I'm going to miss having the show on a weekly basis once it ends this week :( roll on MTT 14!! :) 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Monique said:
13 hours ago, Jennv said:

Any guesses as to who will be a "one and done"?

Rookie Rachel.

I agree.  I think there's a chance Brennan might retire (but then again after all those attempts she might want to do more than one), and another possibility might be Briana...I believe she's closer to the Christina/Brennan age group 

10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I disliked her ever since the "these shorts are shorter than my attention span" comment.  Again, making her sound stupid and flaky in an attempt to be cute.  Way to perpetuate the pro cheerleader stereotype.

• Love 5