Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 10/20/2018 at 3:42 AM, pisces125 said:

Rookie Rachel: Tbh her personality seems overly rehearsed to me... don't love her. too pageant 

She bugs me too!! I'm not sure why she didn't get cut other than they wanted to say the first runner up to Miss America was on the team. She has zero personalty, not fun to watch, no pop whatsoever and seems pretty full of herself. Lily or Tara should have had her spot.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DBAAT said:

She bugs me too!! I'm not sure why she didn't get cut other than they wanted to say the first runner up to Miss America was on the team. She has zero personalty, not fun to watch, no pop whatsoever and seems pretty full of herself. Lily or Tara should have had her spot.

Rookie Rachel was taken for calendar cover!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

This morning I saw on a "nonofficial" FB Making the Team Fangroup that Lily was taken off the field in a golf cart (injured) and that was possibility the reason she was cut.

I saw that post too, referencing next week’s preview.  I just watched this week’s ending again, and it is definitely Lily in the golf cart being taken down the tunnel into the stadium.  There was a earlier shot in the previews of her faltering on the field.

Edited by Christineelgene
Updated info
  • Love 2

FYI  - Back to all of the discussion about clean eating..  

my grocery store has the organic seaweed chips 10/$10 . Several pages back a DCC had a pix that her boyfriend packed a game day bag - that included the chips, which I admit I had never seen the chips before. 

So for a $1,  I decided to at least try it... $1 to play powerball or seaweed chips. :)

5bcc97339b9cc_seaweedsnack.png.2276778e005d20c7e737f77896461e78.png

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

@ByTor look! Brennan is assisting Shelly :) 

I saw that to so awesome !! I love seeing other girls assisting besides the normal ones like kashara and Amy l 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I saw that to so awesome !! I love seeing other girls assisting besides the normal ones like kashara and Amy l 

Looks like cut TCC Jasmine ( now a AAIA) is there.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sATL said:

FYI  - Back to all of the discussion about clean eating..  

my grocery store has the organic seaweed chips 10/$10 . Several pages back a DCC had a pix that her boyfriend packed a game day bag - that included the chips, which I admit I had never seen the chips before. 

So for a $1,  I decided to at least try it... $1 to play powerball or seaweed chips. :)

5bcc97339b9cc_seaweedsnack.png.2276778e005d20c7e737f77896461e78.png

I buy them at Costco when they are on sale - they are good, but then again I like seafood.  You'll have to tell us what you think.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Brennan looked awesome! And was that TCC Jasmin in there too? The first one they cut this season?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lily80 said:

Brennan looked awesome! And was that TCC Jasmin in there too? The first one they cut this season?

Yes it’s jasmine i hope she comes back maybe a year under Stephanie will help her !! 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, PBSLover said:

All I keep thinking is that if VK had been some random blonde trying to make training camp she would have probably made semis but not passed though to finals. And if she did make finals, no way would they have picked her for training camp. Just my opinion. We never saw her audition interview. Makes me wonder how that went 'cause gurl couldn’t answer a question when a microphone was in front of her. 

I would LOVED to have seen her interview!!  I see it going something like...Charlotte: “Victoria, what would it mean to you to wear that uniform and dance on the field at AT&T stadium?”  Victoria: “Um, oh I just ...it would mean...oh there are just no words!!!”  The Entire Panel:   Awwwwww! ????

• Love 8
7 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I don’t find her particularly beautiful either, so not really sure what she brings to the table. I’m curious to see how her year goes. Some of the women that I’m totally indifferent towards at first end up turning into some of my faves. Hoping that will be the case here. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I don’t find her particularly beautiful either, so not really sure what she brings to the table. I’m curious to see how her year goes. Some of the women that I’m totally indifferent towards at first end up turning into some of my faves. Hoping that will be the case here. 

Isn't it funny:)  I think she's stunning and very well spoken.  I like the fact that she didn't give the standard cookie cutter answer about being in a pageant.  She may not be used to responding as Rachel, the person, as opposed to Rachel, the contestant.  And if she's like a lot of other rookies we've seen thru the years, she will develop that power and showmanship as she goes thru the year.  I think it's matter of getting used to the "DCC style" and becoming more confident.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, DBAAT said:

After trainwrecks like Holly, Jenna, Erica, Kalysa ... The DCC needs a shot off class and dignity. RW is refreshing. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yep, she's an adult who took a gamble and lost.

@ByTor , I am a first-time poster here. So please forgive me if this has been asked and beaten to death already. But something about this season just urked me so much I decided to take the plunge into this awesome board. I am totally confused. Is the same Malena we are all talking about the same one in this video? I timestamped the sections so people don't have to be tortured watching the whole thing. But if I am right, Malena and Jayln were on the Flight Crew together. Was that even mentioned on the show? And if I am right, how could K&J not know Malena's benched status with Jayln there too. Of course, I do shop regularly in the idiot aisle, so I might be way off. Anyone, help me out?

Savanna 1:18

Malena 2:20, 2:45, 6:31, 6:50, 8:05, 14:12, 14:53 (already called to team)

Jayln 4:08, 5:45 in uniform?, 8:45 (already called up for finals), 10:57 (solo), 13:27, 15:18, 17:24 (already announced to team), 19:20 (in kickline) no Malena in sight

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

@ByTor , I am a first-time poster here. So please forgive me if this has been asked and beaten to death already. But something about this season just urked me so much I decided to take the plunge into this awesome board. I am totally confused. Is the same Malena we are all talking about the same one in this video? I timestamped the sections so people don't have to be tortured watching the whole thing. But if I am right, Malena and Jayln were on the Flight Crew together. Was that even mentioned on the show? And if I am right, how could K&J not know Malena's benched status with Jayln there too. Of course, I do shop regularly in the idiot aisle, so I might be way off. Anyone, help me out?

Jayln 4:08, 5:45 in uniform?, 8:45 (already called up for finals), 10:57 (solo), 13:27, 15:18, 17:24 (already announced to team), 19:20 (in kickline) no Malena in sight

Non dancer over here, but to me this video shows just how world class the DCC are. Half of these girls really can't dance, their figures need work (in terms of cheerleading, not "real life"), they're not in sync with the choreography or music. Just wow. The DCC really DO look like an entirely different team/different standards.

Edited by Pebbles116
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IzzyEnd said:

Tara was on the Flight Crew 3 years, 2013-16

Savannah was on the Flight Crew 3 years, 2014-17

Jalyn and Malena were on the Flight Crew 1 year, 2017-18

On top of that, Denise Garvey, Director of the Flight Crew Cheerleaders is a former DCC. You bet your bottom dollar Kelli or someone on her team spoke with Denise when checking Malena and Jalyn's references. Kelli absolutely knew that Malena was benched, and she knew it long before she discussed it on camera with Malena.

Edit: Fixed Denise's name.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Tara was on the Flight Crew 3 years, 2013-16

Savannah was on the Flight Crew 3 years, 2014-17

Jalyn and Malena were on the Flight Crew 1 year, 2017-18

On top of that, Denise Harvey, Director of the Flight Crew Cheerleaders is a former DCC. You bet your bottom dollar Kelli or someone on her team spoke with Denise when checking Malena and Jalyn's references. Kelli absolutely knew that Malena was benched, and she knew it long before she discussed it on camera with Malena.

Well Jeeze, call me the most naive idiot on the aisle. What can I trust on the show these days? Is it me or has this been the most staged season ever? No wonder I am endlessly irked this year. Can you imagine backroom conversations that must have gone on during camp about this mess? I always wondered about the comments of bringing girls into camp just for "rating drama". Honestly, I took it more lightly than I do at this very moment now. Forget the whole VK issue....have TPTB lost their minds chasing their checks? Sooooooooooooo disappointed in them. What are future DCC hopefuls supposed to think? Let me ask you then, do you think Malena had a clue she was being used? Wonder if Jayln was privately feeling sorry for Malena and wondering what K&J were doing? Sometimes I worry these girls are just prey to the organization (current DCC not past DCC). The journey to being a DCC is compelling enough to me without this extra....EXTRA!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Well Jeeze, call me the most naive idiot on the aisle. What can I trust on the show these days? Is it me or has this been the most staged season ever? No wonder I am endlessly irked this year. Can you imagine backroom conversations that must have gone on during camp about this mess? I always wondered about the comments of bringing girls into camp just for "rating drama". Honestly, I took it more lightly than I do at this very moment now. Forget the whole VK issue....have TPTB lost their minds chasing their checks? Sooooooooooooo disappointed in them. What are future DCC hopefuls supposed to think? Let me ask you then, do you think Malena had a clue she was being used? Wonder if Jayln was privately feeling sorry for Malena and wondering what K&J were doing? Sometimes I worry these girls are just prey to the organization (current DCC not past DCC). The journey to being a DCC is compelling enough to me without this extra....EXTRA!

I just think it's Kelli's taking a "diamond in the rough" and trying to turn them into a DCC.   Whether it's a storyline or Kelli's ego, it's just getting old. Even Judy has made comments about it, and I'm sure she's frustrated.  The faster you can form the team, the faster you can set formations, do the squad photo, get ready for the season.  But noooooo, they have to drag it out to the last minute to see if the "diamond" ever picks up the dances.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

I do shop regularly in the idiot aisle

@IzzyEnd, I see others hav answered your questions, just want to welcome you to the board and say that you made me laugh out loud with the above quote.  I definitely need to work that into my everyday conversations :)

• Love 10

Is it me or has this been the most staged season ever

No, it is not just you- welcome to the team.  :)

Edited by MTTFan
because post did not make sense
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Pebbles116 said:

Non dancer over here, but to me this video shows just how world class the DCC are. Half of these girls really can't dance, their figures need work (in terms of cheerleading, not "real life"), they're not in sync with the choreography or music. Just wow. The DCC really DO look like an entirely different team/different standards.

The DCC really are the best. The Texans cheerleaders look a hot mess on the field and most of the girls are soft. They don’t even compare to the DCC.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IzzyEnd said:

I've seen this a few times. I love the story of the girl who tried out for 5 years and finally made it. Also the vet who got cut coming back to her 2nd year but then makes it back the following year.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I buy them at Costco when they are on sale - they are good, but then again I like seafood.  You'll have to tell us what you think.

first two squares - no. the wasabi was a little hot for me and I could smell fishy as soon as I put it near my mouth . Will keep trying to be brave.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sATL said:

first two squares - no. the wasabi was a little hot for me and I could smell fishy as soon as I put it near my mouth . Will keep trying to be brave.

Ohhhhhhh!!  I stick to roasted/salted and sesame.  I am not a fan of wasabi

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just think it's Kelli's taking a "diamond in the rough" and trying to turn them into a DCC.   Whether it's a storyline or Kelli's ego, it's just getting old. Even Judy has made comments about it, and I'm sure she's frustrated.  The faster you can form the team, the faster you can set formations, do the squad photo, get ready for the season.  But noooooo, they have to drag it out to the last minute to see if the "diamond" ever picks up the dances.

Malena is gorgeous, photogenic and well spoken. She would represent any team well. She's already a diamond is that regard. She's a great dancer too. Her problem was memory - and its memory within a group setting - it seems. When forced to do it on her own she's fine. I'm glad they gave her a chance but she's got something going on that needs attention - more so than Kelli giving her a shot. Kelli should have realized this a LONG time ago - encouraged her to see a sports psych. - and told her to try again when she's figures out why she freaks on the field. No amount of time or polishing will fix this this issue. And that's been clear for a really long time. Why they took her to the end of training camp is beyond me. It seems almost cruel.

• Love 11
On 10/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, MTTFan said:

Fiesty isn't the word I would use.  Bitchy is more like it -- sorry -- they have been following social media the entire training camp and had to know that their judgment concerning VK was being discussed -- it doesn't take more than 15 minutes of observing weight gain, mistakes, and toxic behavior to realize that someone should have been cut long before now. 

Yeah. My guess if it were up to Judy alone she'd have no trouble cutting anyone who wasn't making it as a dancer. Sure they've known this girl since she was born, but all the more reason to make totally clear to her before she even thinks of auditioning that she cannot and will not get special treatment. She knew what the requirements were as far as weight is concerned. And we weren't allowed to see much of her dancing in case we could all see she wasn't cutting it, and still we were all aware of many reasons why she should have been cut. I'm sure Judy's trying to do some damage control to take the heat off of Kelli, but there are too many folks who have been watching for too long to not notice the extreme difference in the way VK was handled compared to all the other TCCs in all the other seasons. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Malena is gorgeous, photogenic and well spoken. She would represent any team well. She's already a diamond is that regard. She's a great dancer too. Her problem was memory - and its memory within a group setting - it seems. When forced to do it on her own she's fine. I'm glad they gave her a chance but she's got something going on that needs attention - more so than Kelli giving her a shot. Kelli should have realized this a LONG time ago - encouraged her to see a sports psych. - and told her to try again when she's figures out why she freaks on the field. No amount of time or polishing will fix this this issue. And that's been clear for a really long time. Why they took her to the end of training camp is beyond me. It seems almost cruel.

I think it would be far more likely that she'd screw up on her own with all of the attention on her if it were a psychological thing and not just a lack of being able to remember all of every dance. Malena is all the things you say she is and would be a fine ambassador. I think she needs more experience learning lots of dances of various styles so that they come easier to her. I'm pretty sure most of us think she should have been eliminated much earlier for memory issues. It's like the girls in previous seasons who could do everything except kick high. Kelli should just have told her she was right in every other way and just needed to work on this and come back when she's more at ease learning dances at the pace the DCC moves. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Is it me or has this been the most staged season ever?

This season has been a big mess. What we are seeing is disjointed editing because so much has gone on behind the scenes that I think they (CMT/Kelli/Charlotte) needed to figure out what they can and cannot show or film, so we are not seeing fluid (or close to) like we are used to. We’ve never seen, in all the years of the show, Kelli not being able to cut girls.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 7
On 9/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, Holly85 said:

Two vets have told me that they will retire if VK comes back. To quote one of them, “It’s just not worth the drama.”

I find this very hard to believe 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

I find this very hard to believe 

I am not sure that I totally believe it, but I can totally see it.  If the rumors are true, VK played up her relationship with Kelli Judy et al, and would "tattle" on the other girls.  I can see it not being worth the drama if you are worried about whatever you say getting back to TPTB.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MTTFan said:

No - welcome to the team.  :)

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

This season has been a big mess. What we are seeing is disjointed editing because so much has gone on behind the scenes that I think they (CMT/Kelli/Charlotte) needed to figure out what they can and cannot show or film, so we are not seeing fluid (or close to) like we are used to. We’ve never seen, in all the years of the show, Kelli not being able to cut girls.

Really lame product placements, delayed cut decisions, not enough Kitty, too many guest choreographers with weird routines, VK 24/7/365 and the same old dialogue have ruined this season. If CMT picks this back up for DCCMTT 14, I will be surprised. Then again, S13 has allegedly been the highest rated. The viewers in general must love manufactured drama. Bring back this show when it was done during the Texas Stadium days, please.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I am not sure that I totally believe it, but I can totally see it.  If the rumors are true, VK played up her relationship with Kelli Judy et al, and would "tattle" on the other girls.  I can see it not being worth the drama if you are worried about whatever you say getting back to TPTB.

I can believe it especially after the last two seasons. I bet girls have left in the past due to dealing with toxic girls. A girl can only take so much.