Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Actually, I am jealous of Dayton. At 21 yrs old, I would not have rebounded with such grace and dignity in the face of public humiliation and rejection. Traveling around the world while doing what one truly loves is inspiring.

You do make a valid point.  I would have loved a travel gig such as Dayton will get to experience at age 21 (although I did get to live and dance in Japan when I was 26).  Can't wait to see the photos Dayton shares!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

You do make a valid point.  I would have loved a travel gig such as Dayton will get to experience at age 21 (although I did get to live and dance in Japan when I was 26).  Can't wait to see the photos Dayton shares!

She should just take pics of her tush at travel destinations. The collection can be called "Kiss my ass, {insert name}"

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m completely jealous of the person who won the lottery. They suck. That was supposed to be my money. I “need” a masarati. ?

I hate to think what it would be like to have all that money (even after the dreaded taxes) would do to me. Yes, I would love not to have to worry about paying for things, but it still would be scary because it would be a big deal where I live (Montana is one of the states who would announce who the winner was.)

I would want to take a trip to Dallas to meet Shelly, Phil, Jinelle and of course Scott the Weatherman and go to the salon where Marshall is to see if he would do a hair makeover for me.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I always find the jealousy comments to be a bit odd. I’m jealous of the person in South Carolina who won the lottery. I wanna retire and spend the next decade traveling the world lol......some cheerleaders in Dallas, not so much.

I'm not even jealous of that. My husband went to buy a lottery ticket- for the first time ever, so he actually had to google how to play- and my first thought was, but I don't want to raise a couple of rich, entitled brats and be constantly hounded for money by strangers. 

Regarding the DCC, I'm not a trained dancer myself, but I've always enjoyed watching dance and particularly appreciate effortless technique and good musicality. The professional dance/cheer world is, by necessity, shallow in a way that's not really compatible with my outlook on life, so I can't say I would trade places with any of these girls. But I can appreciate them from a performance standpoint... and snark on them when they're sometimes ridiculous/bitchy/dumber than a bag of hammers. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I'm not even jealous of that. My husband went to buy a lottery ticket- for the first time ever, so he actually had to google how to play- and my first thought was, but I don't want to raise a couple of rich, entitled brats and be constantly hounded for money by strangers. 

Regarding the DCC, I'm not a trained dancer myself, but I've always enjoyed watching dance and particularly appreciate effortless technique and good musicality. The professional dance/cheer world is, by necessity, shallow in a way that's not really compatible with my outlook on life, so I can't say I would trade places with any of these girls. But I can appreciate them from a performance standpoint... and snark on them when they're sometimes ridiculous/bitchy/dumber than a bag of hammers. 

I need a back stock of ipads. Lottery here I come ....

• Love 5

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I hate to think what it would be like to have all that money (even after the dreaded taxes) would do to me. Yes, I would love not to have to worry about paying for things, but it still would be scary because it would be a big deal where I live (Montana is one of the states who would announce who the winner was.)

I would want to take a trip to Dallas to meet Shelly, Phil, Jinelle and of course Scott the Weatherman and go to the salon where Marshall is to see if he would do a hair makeover for me.

Kelli, are you reading this?

Can you imagine if they had some kind of sweepstakes where buried in one of the calendars for purchase was a DCC lottery ticket?  Or perhaps few lotto tickets buried in the calendars.  Each good for a prize of some sort.  It could be good for a day spent with the DCC watching them rehearse and then see a game.    Another could be for a makeover with Marshall.  A dance lesson from one of the DCC.  A workout sesh with a DCC at Cowboys Fit.  Lots of possibilities and since it would require purchasing a calendar, it could potentially bring in revenue.  Just a random idea off the top of my head that will probably never happen, lol.

Edited by go4luca
I hate how this board merges things.
  • Love 7

McLaren for me! And I wonder how fast Gates would call for a golf date?  

In one of the first office visits for VK, she asked Kelli which vet would be good to get together with.  Kelli answered Kashara.  

I would love to know what VK was saying in the locker room to make Kashara take umbrage.  

This season’s editing has had such a heavy hand.  Time for a change in editors.  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

McLaren for me! And I wonder how fast Gates would call for a golf date?  

In one of the first office visits for VK, she asked Kelli which vet would be good to get together with.  Kelli answered Kashara.  

I would love to know what VK was saying in the locker room to make Kashara take umbrage.  

This season’s editing has had such a heavy hand.  Time for a change in editors.  

Time for a change in many areas.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Cherylmm2 said:

All I am saying is that none of US could stand the scrutiny that the girls on the show and the coaches receive on these boards.  I think that some of the jealousy on this board comes from wishing for those glory days cheerleaders/dancers never seem to be able to leave behind.  "In my younger days" are probably the operative words.   

Yes, VK made mistakes in her dancing at times.  Sometimes she was excellent.  You don't make mistakes? Lol  If needing a correction meant a girl wasn't worthy, then there would be no one standing at finals.  

Your opinion and others I have read that have harshly criticized various young women trying out or on the team is your opinion and I respect that.  My opinion is that people could be way more generous of spirit.  

For those of us who used to dance, I guarantee you that we could have. When you're raised in the dance world, you get knocked down a lot and sometimes it's hard---but you pick yourself up and move on. Victoria was the sheltered girl at the competition who's mom cried favoritism or cheating when her kid lost. She was sheltered and it is evident in everything she did. 

I can't think of a single time on the show where I would describe VK as excellent. Her dance struggles were vast, her weight was an issue from the start and her immaturity and unprofessional-ism was enormous. I give her credit for picking up the DCC style quickly, but for that one step forward, her lack of technique and inability to stay in her own area was her two steps back. When I think of excellence I see Lacey and Hannah...I don't see VK. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 21
21 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Of the current team, I would probably say Lacey, Bridget, and Kashara (sometimes she can look soft, so I’m hesitant here, but generally, I like her body). I feel like the pickings are kind of slim though because there are only 3 senior vets, and I think the best dancers from Kashara and Amy’s group and the current 3-year girls are gone, while the two-years are generally lackluster and always have been, and we didn’t get to know the rookies very well. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Lauren, her instagram is definitely geared towards real life and not just "look how awesome my life is" when in reality it's just played up for instagram.

Bridget, I enjoy seeing her at work at the vets and she seems to be super sweet

Amy, I also enjoy watching her instagram stories at work at her dance studio and with her fiance. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

No one is perfect, but I choose Kashara, Lauren and Bridget. Please note that I've only watched season 11, 12, & 13.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I needed to re-think mine since I replied too quickly.

Kash, Lauren & Bridget.

(Re: Kash, before anyone asks, I don't find her overweight.  I like her womanly, toned figure)

I find each one intelligent, empathetic,  down to earth & approachable.  Love those qualities.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Hmmmm, Let me think.......

Tasha, KaShara, and I had to juggle between Alexis and Lexi, but I think Alexis has the edge. (IMO)

14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

For those of us who used to dance, I guarantee you that we could have. When you're raised in the dance world, you get knocked down a lot and sometimes it's hard---but you pick yourself up and move on. Victoria was the sheltered girl at the competition who's mom cried favoritism or cheating when her kid lost. She was sheltered and it is evident in everything she did. 

I can't think of a single time on the show where I would describe VK as excellent. Her dance struggles were vast, her weight was an issue from the start and her immaturity and unprofessional-ism was enormous. I give her credit for picking up the DCC style quickly, but for that one step forward, her lack of technique and inability to stay in her own area was her two steps back. When I think of excellence I see Lacey and Hannah...I don't see VK. 

As for jealousy---I don't think any of us are jealous of an immature, sheltered 18 year old who has an overbearing stage mom for a mother. 

THIS.

I was going to answer that anyone raised in the dance world (beyond sorto f once a week class and the odd recital) is going to have had everything off this board, and MORE, said, screamed, and bellowed in their face over the years, and you either learn to let it roll off you and take the critique and implement, or you don't carry on with it.

the product of the dance world is beautiful. the act of getting there is absolutely anything but.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

KaSahra

Bridget

Hannah or Lacy

52 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Kashara, Khalyn and Lauren.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cherylmm2 said:

I realize a lot of people on here apparently hated VK and Dayton on sight simply because they thought both had a special advantage.  But as the season unfolded, I found both of them very likeable! I think jealousy is responsible for a lot of spiteful comments that I read on the boards about all the girls.  

Jealous of Dayton? Absolutely! I wish I had the courage, talent, and beauty at age 21 to travel the world starring in multiple shows on a cruise ship! :-)

Jealous of VK? Not so much. 

I'm a poster who did not know Jack from Jill on the show and found this board because I was so appalled at what I saw on my television screen this season. Any "spiteful" comments that I potentially have made against VK are not from jealousy, rather are direct observations about the behavior demonstrated by an individual who opted to display herself on national television and subsequently be subjected to such critiques.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Lauren - the woman has abs to die for.  I mean she is totally "fit"..  she appears to be a genuinely kind person plus she is able to maintain a career that is outside of dance (not that a career in dance is a negative, it's just that in most cases "dance classes" can be easily worked around any DCC schedule)

Kashara - (I don't consider her "soft", she appears to me to be a healthy and toned individual.) She is a natural leader and appears to actually enjoy what she is doing. 

Maddie (I don't consider her "soft" she appears to me to be at a healthy weight.) She always looks like she's having a great time in just about every picture taken of her. Also because of her hairstyle she doesn't "blend" with the others. 

I not only like all of their dancing, but also their leadership capabilities.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Heads up....tonight’s episode revisits VK & Dayton. 

I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that...

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that, I will pretend I did not see that...

I’ve been saying that this whole season!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Lacy, Lauren, and Bridget

Edited by nmvrn
spelling
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Nope. I’m good. Not scared at all. I have great financial financial planners and we’d get it all worked out! ?

• Love 4

Folks, remember we're here to talk about the show, not your fellow posters. Please confine your opinions to the show, and let others have their own opinions, whether you like them or not. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Lauren, Khalyn and Amy

1 hour ago, KoKo said:

Kelli, Lauren and Bridget

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

OK kids, this is from 1996. That's Judy hollering and they are a MESS. None of this would fly today even leaving giant poms out of the equation.

OMG!!! First off, what is with the huge pots??? You can't even tell what arm movements they are making!!! Second, the outfits and the shoes with socks!! 

I am so glad they have matching rehearsal outfits now, and you can actually see them dancing. Seems like the dance level wasn't that high back in the day.

• Love 2

Tonight’s episode seems anticlimactic to me. The whole show was so focused on VK that the season seemed to end for me when she was cut last week. I had to remind myself that there was another episode tonight. ? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Lacey, Lacey, and Lacey

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Kelli said in the podcast that the new bios would be going up during the show and that the team photo would be up afterwards!

Yeah she said bios probably around 915 

she also Said that the next caladar shoot with me either in Mexico or Bimini more then likely in March 

Edited by Holly85
12 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah she said bios probably around 915 

she also Said that the next caladar shoot with me either in Mexico or Bimini more then likely in March 

I tried to get the podcast with Judy and Kelli to come on for me, but it would not. Did she say anything about auditions being move to March?

4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Interesting seeing where we are right now.  Although this does include the additional vote by @J-R since that vote didn't list only (3).

This only includes the one Lacey vote though, from @vivianspoetry.  Not sure how that should be tabulated, lol.

Favorites Grid V1.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1