Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Monique said:

I don't get how VK's nonwaterproof mascara could last a 3+ hour practice. 

And why not a touch-up between the end of the training and the filming in the office with K&J ? That would explain the huge amount of mascara...

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO she looks a lot like Alyssa Milano!  I couldn't believe the Jalyn viewing at 15:18...looked like she was giving the serious side eye to whoever was called & wouldn't even applaud, she needs to read the Jackie O book on how to be gracious.

Another reason to love Brennan, she has great taste in dogs!

The girl Jalyn is giving the look to is Sarah the vet that came back after getting cut the following year.

14 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

And why not a touch-up between the end of the training and the filming in the office with K&J ? That would explain the huge amount of mascara...

I was thinking the same thing. Like maybe she was just trying to reapply quickly for camera moment and used the wrong type or was given the wrong type by someone else?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

I guess.  Do they get time to primp while waiting to get called in?  Maybe there are makeup people on set and they offered to touch up her makeup and put the smeary mascara on her intentionally?

I still keep thinking back to how that poster pointed out that she’s cried before without the mascara being an issue - so something changed...

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

That is true. Can't argue there. I really do hope some of these rock star rookies stay to be even better vets. If everyone manages the 1st year storm and keep weight in check. Next year could be hard for new girls to make camp at all. Makes one wonder...how many current vets will retire.

Oh yea, meant to ask. Does Miranda seem off this year, or frumpy? I like her down to earthiness, but she seems not put together as well as I remember last year. But hey, my son's tell me my eyes are the low budget brand.

Right as of right now there is two spots open for new rookies next year !! Kashara and Lacey both say this is there last year !! I think Lexi will retire as well since she is getting married at the end of May right before training camp will start again 

Edited by Holly85

Looking at this game day photo, I can sorta see Maddie's softness. I think Kashara looks just right. And I definitely prefer Kash and Maddie's figures over Gina's pronounced rib cage. I admire Gina's dance skills, but she looks almost painfully thin.

1.jpg

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Kaitlyn and Chealsey come to mind.

and Hannah.

Kaitlin was cut because she was showing up late and acting strange and possibly lying.  Chelsea for the weight and toxic attitude. Hannah for weight. None were cut for "not giving us the same performance signals." 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

and Hannah.

Kaitlin was cut because she was showing up late and acting strange and possibly lying.  Chelsea for the weight and toxic attitude. Hannah for weight. None were cut for "not giving us the same performance signals." 

I don't even know what that means?! Man, Kelli has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. I predict another mass DCC exit. This time Kelli's to blame.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 6

Maddie M has been soft around the middle this entire season of MTT...leads me to believe K and J havent asked her to tone up. If Maddie had had been warned, we would have seen improvements by now. Kashara as well, but maybe because this is her final year and she is an all around good person/DCC, K and J are letting her enjoy her final season. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Why is the latest episode still not available on iTunes???

They sent me an email saying it was available I went to watch it again and it’s not even there 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Maddie M has been soft around the middle this entire season of MTT...leads me to believe K and J havent asked her to tone up. If Maddie had had been warned, we would have seen improvements by now. Kashara as well, but maybe because this is her final year and she is an all around good person/DCC, K and J are letting her enjoy her final season. 

I also think Kash is letting herself enjoy her final season, too ;)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I thought Maddie looked awful in the most recent episode (which I got from Amazon since iTunes doesn't have it yet).

1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

Who do you think should have been cut instead of Tara and why? I would have cut Taylor never noticed her one bit.

Christina -- I love a good underdog story but she lost me with the red pantsuit and I never thought her dancing was that hot.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I thought Maddie looked awful in the most recent episode (which I got from Amazon since iTunes doesn't have it yet).

I have always rooted for her but she looked uncomfortable in the last episode as she was running out to the field a few times. She's not fat. I would love to be her size. But for a DCC she was waddling and I say that as "respectfully" as would be possible. Am sure K and J see it. If they didn't see it live, they sure saw it on TV.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Christina -- I love a good underdog story but she lost me with the red pantsuit and I never thought her dancing was that hot.

I would have cut her at finals but not in training camp for the same reason I wouldn't cut Tara. Vets, if they make it into  training camp should be kept unless they do something terrible,

I do not like rookie Madeline's facials at all. She could go and I'd be fine. I think beauty pageant Rachel does nothing in terms of dance. She weak. Malena of course. Lily only because of that bonus scene on MTT- she looked weak and not bold at all. Taylor's kicks aren't all that great. She's tall but I don't see a standout there. There are some other vets that are major blending or just not fun -- but they are in training camp so I'd let them stay. Oh and Caroline while a good dancer, she keeps her chin tucked in and back and it's weird looking. Oh and while I'm on a roll Jalyn is a good dancer but tooooo skinny.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I don’t see the comparison. They’re both beautiful girls, but beyond that, they seem night and day to me. Kalyssa, love or hate her, never seemed boring, scripted, or timid to me. Rachel however seems dull as dishwater. Now, i say seems because she may be full of personality behind all of that makeup and carefully crafted pageant persona, but I don’t think it has ever come through on the show. Likewise, in terms of dance, Kalyssa was powerful but very messy IMO. Rachel lacks power, but doesn’t have the untrained dancer look. It’s clear she has good technique and a strong dance background. 

One thing I gotta say for Rachel -- I loved it when she told Mentor Melissa that a lot of the DCC dances seemed kind of the same to her. I've often thought the same thing (even though I still love watching them dance). Maybe it's just because they use a lot of the same moves but rearranged for different songs... In any case, whether or not anyone agrees, Mentor Melissa's dumbfounded deer-in-the-headlights look in response to Rachel's comment cracked me up. Has anyone else rendered MM speechless before? ;)

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Looking at this game day photo, I can sorta see Maddie's softness. I think Kashara looks just right. And I definitely prefer Kash and Maddie's figures over Gina's pronounced rib cage. I admire Gina's dance skills, but she looks almost painfully thin.

1.jpg

Is that Jinelle -- three girls back from Gina on the outside?

4 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Does anybody know how old that gameday pic is -- 

(for all the work and filling in she has done, she might as well as stayed on the team  :) )

I’m pretty sure it was at the beginning of the season or even pre season when yuko was out !! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I’m pretty sure it was at the beginning of the season or even pre season when yuko was out !! 

Kind of what I figured -- took a look at the Cowboys website and Yuko looks to be back in the line up.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, MTTFan said:

Kind of what I figured -- took a look at the Cowboys website and Yuko looks to be back in the line up.

Yuko had to recover from all the VK drama. She is not use to this American cutthroat shit. ;)

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, sATL said:

speaking of "vet life outside of dcc" - what does Kashara do? She keeps mentioning changing oil and other car stuff... does she work in or own a mechanic shop ?

I believe she is a teacher at Nicole Bulcher’s Bar Method in Southlake.

• Love 1

I’m probably in the minority, but I preferred Maddie’s hair straight, especially compared to this years hair, last year it looked fine. So I’d like to see her with straight hair, but i know those curls are kind of her image and I doubt she’d be allowed to change that. 

I actually hope Malena comes back. I like her dancing and if she could get her nerves or memory together she could be amazing. Maybe seeing how close she was will help her confidence.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Preity said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I preferred Maddie’s hair straight, especially compared to this years hair, last year it looked fine. So I’d like to see her with straight hair, but i know those curls are kind of her image and I doubt she’d be allowed to change that. 

I actually hope Malena comes back. I like her dancing and if she could get her nerves or memory together she could be amazing. Maybe seeing how close she was will help her confidence.

I already have trouble telling the 2 Madeline’s apart (when they’re not dancing). If they straighten her hair, I’ll be totally lost ???

• Love 1
On 10/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Is that Keyra to the far left?!

4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I don't even know what that means?! Man, Kelli has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. I predict another mass DCC exit. This time Kelli's to blame.

YES! The "performance signals" quote was hilarious. I was like what does that even mean?!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

and Hannah.

Basically, she had no real credible reason. And how she said she wanted to explain why? Well, she failed. THIS was the BS this season. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

None were cut for "not giving us the same performance signals." 

One of the weaker excuses to cut someone from the show, right? Has there been any worse reason throughout the show?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, sATL said:

speaking of "vet life outside of dcc" - what does Kashara do? She keeps mentioning changing oil and other car stuff... does she work in or own a mechanic shop ?

If you lived in a rural area it would be easier to understand the humor in her comment about changing oil.  I never thought I would be servicing my Kubota which includes changing blades (3 of them!), changing oil, filters, air filters, etc.  I even had to rewire it after the mice ate some wiring.  I learned to change a carburetor on my golf cart and regularly use the pole saw.  And I can even change the chain on it.  Oh the tiller--I had to replace the gasket in the float bowl this spring when it was leaking gas.  And the chipmunks had gotten in the space where the pull cord is wound.  I had to remove that and take all the acorns out.  So basically if you live in the country it's a learning to survive thing.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

1.jpg

I have been off the boards for a few days. Work and what not had me busy. Some thoughts have been on my mind and I figure this is a good place to voice what I've been thinking since Thursday night. What is up with Maddie?!  I was not at all a fan her first time in training camp. When she came back and made the team I was indifferent. She looked much better but she's always been a "whatever"  for me. This year though she seems very soft, thick around the middle and for a GL very timid and insecure. As KF likes to say, apologizing for being there. 

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm still trying to catch up. Why was Kahlyn not with the other SG members at the F1 event last weekend?

Edited by J-R
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQWkwLhv82/

I wonder if the TPTB noticed or cared that Brennan posted spoilers. I'm here for it though! Go Brennan!

They definitely don't care since its not really a spoiler as all the girls who made it have posted game day pics and have twitter accounts already. Her page is already filled with DCC pics so someone would have to be pretty dense to not realize she made it lol

• Love 7